Trudeau vows help after Indigenous kids' unmarked graves found, but offers no details

I've been watching this for the last few days, and i find it very very disturbing and it leaves nothing more than questions, were they found in a mass graves or buried individually in marked graves or unmarked... How did each one of those children die ? and Who is reasonable the church , government who ? and if there was any wrong doing  are we going to hunt them down and bring them to justice .

My entire life i was left to believe nothing like this could happen in Canada, i mean i heard rumors, all my time in the army spent in the worlds shit holes, i always thought we as Canadians were better people than those that did evil shit to each other in conflicts, we had better morals and values, i am starting to think not...Canada may be no better than they are... 215 children is a little hard to explain, and i'm guessing this is only the beginning... i hope that this is fully investigated, and if any wrong doing is found, then they be brought to justice, and their names recorded for history to be forever judged... 

I hope that the survivors get a huge payout, along with the families that lost a child... if we can give 10 million to a terrorist, what do we give an innocent child...   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

About 60% of these residential schools were run by the Catholic Church.  The remaining 40% were run by a couple other denominations, Anglican and Methodist and possibly United church I believe.  I am not sure if the Presbyterian church ran some.  I believe the non-Catholic churches have apologized for what went on in them. Yet the Pope inexplicably refuses to apologize.  I can only assume he refuses because an apology could mean a big chuck of money would have to be paid for compensation out of the Vatican billions.  So far it has been the federal government who has paid compensation, which means the taxpayers of Canada.  It is time the Pope stepped up and contributed their share out of their billions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"Trudeau offers help but no details."

I'm sure the government already knows where these bodies are buried, and how many. They have known it probably for decades.

Que the crocodile tears from the most entitled, privileged all- white boy who ever became Prime Minister.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

the crocodile tears from the most entitled, privileged all- white boy who ever became Prime Minister.

I was thinking about a moment like this at the time Gord Downie was naively praising Trudeau for his work on aboriginal issues, on the last stage of his life...

It's evil and mundane mediocrity all mixed together causing this and we allow it to happen.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's evil and mundane mediocrity all mixed together causing this and we allow it to happen.

I think in the case of the children put in residential schools, it was more than "allowed"; it was considered necessary.  These "savages" required conversion to Christianity, and being savages, were not considered human enough to be treated with the same dignity and respect afforded white Christians, (even poor white Christians, whose children also suffered significant abuse).  One only has to read comments on this forum re First Nations to see how ingrained this attitude still is among some people, and how much more prevalent it must have been in the 1800s, when residential schools were established.  IMO, the lack of accountability of our leaders today are a hangover from that era, bolstered by people who are convinced that First Nations people should just "get over it", move off reservations and get a job.  It's just not that easy or simple to overcome the kind of abuse and harm these people endured for generations.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I've been watching this for the last few days, and i find it very very disturbing and it leaves nothing more than questions, were they found in a mass graves or buried individually in marked graves or unmarked... How did each one of those children die ? and Who is reasonable the church , government who ? and if there was any wrong doing  are we going to hunt them down and bring them to justice .

My entire life i was left to believe nothing like this could happen in Canada, i mean i heard rumors, all my time in the army spent in the worlds shit holes, i always thought we as Canadians were better people than those that did evil shit to each other in conflicts, we had better morals and values, i am starting to think not...Canada may be no better than they are... 215 children is a little hard to explain, and i'm guessing this is only the beginning... i hope that this is fully investigated, and if any wrong doing is found, then they be brought to justice, and their names recorded for history to be forever judged... 

I hope that the survivors get a huge payout, along with the families that lost a child... if we can give 10 million to a terrorist, what do we give an innocent child...   

Thanks for posting this, AG.  I was wondering if it would show up on this forum.  It is heartbreaking, and my awareness of just how poorly these children were treated, in Canada, is only a couple of years old.  Like you, I knew there claims of abuse, and assumed some bad actors among well-intentioned and a relatively benevolent system. It was only when I learned how similar, deliberate and prevalent these practices were, starting with the government, the legal system and the religious organizations, did I realize that it wasn't accidental: it was cultural genocide, at best.  And likely very few would have cared if an actual genocide resulted.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Army Guy said:

this is Canada

this is what you defended with your life & limb

keep the French in, the Americans out, and the Indians down,  at any cost

this is the price you pay, for Victoria Regina Imperatrix

this is the story of your people, this is the British Empire, it was a conquest all along

it's not about money, all that matters is what you would kill & die for ?

Mother Canada, Pro Patria, all will love Her and despair

QueenVictoriaandPrinceAlbert1-48e402ea4c

Edited by Dougie93

Trudeau says he wants the federal government to provide help, but not if it means the slow and agonizing media drip of "discovering" mass children's graves across Canada...like Allied soldiers coming upon death camps in Germany at the end of WW2.   

Then there will be exhumations, DNA testing, forensic pathology, returning remains to families, re-internment, yada, yada, yada.   No government wants to endure that kind of photo and video meat grinder for months & years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trudeau says he wants the federal government to provide help, but not if it means the slow and agonizing media drip of "discovering" mass children's graves across Canada...

that will be imposed upon him, as what else does the Canadian media have to clickbait about ?

too juicy not to self flagellate about, as self flagellation is the coin of the realm now

not that it matters mind you, the elites are above the law in Canada, so really this is all kabuki theatre in the end

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

I think in the case of the children put in residential schools, it was more than "allowed"; it was considered necessary.  These "savages" required conversion to Christianity, and being savages, were not considered human enough to be treated with the same dignity and respect afforded white Christians, (even poor white Christians, whose children also suffered significant abuse).  One only has to read comments on this forum re First Nations to see how ingrained this attitude still is among some people, and how much more prevalent it must have been in the 1800s, when residential schools were established.  IMO, the lack of accountability of our leaders today are a hangover from that era, bolstered by people who are convinced that First Nations people should just "get over it", move off reservations and get a job.  It's just not that easy or simple to overcome the kind of abuse and harm these people endured for generations.

No, in the Catholic run residential schools, they required conversion to Catholicism, which is not Christianity.  Catholicism means acceptance and obedience to the Pope, the church and all its' dogmas and unbiblical practices.  Biblical Christianity means parents love their children and treat everyone with respect.  This apparently was not part of the thinking in many residential schools, although there may have been some teachers who were compassionate and caring but were working for a deeply flawed system. 

Edited by blackbird

All major Christian religious denominations ran the first public schools.  Prayers were said in all these schools for over a century.  Education reflects the values of the majority of the public’s values, which were primarily English and French.  Abuse took place in many schools, residential or not.  The attitude towards Indigenous, misguided as it was, was that they were educating and civilizing people, very racist by our standards but considered progressive at the time.  The separation of children from their parents was wrong but hard to avoid if there were no local schools.  The suppression of Indigenous language and culture is of course terrible.  None of that should’ve taken place, like many things a century or even 30 years ago.  The government has paid settlements but the healing of emotional wounds is going to take generations.  Does that mean all or most things that governments did were bad when public education was founded?   As always, context is hugely important.  It is ignored and babies are thrown out with the bath water, including public education and the country of Canada.  What happened to those children is so wrong.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

Interesting question from the Global News:

“These school plans included cemeteries,” Andrew Martindale, a professor at the University of British Columbia’s Dept. of Anthropology, said. “Who builds a school with a cemetery attached? Well, the Canadian government… did so.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7909761/ground-penetrating-radar-kamloops-residential-school/

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Far as I know Canada is the only country to do this to natives.

Shhhh.... don't mention it!

;)

My understanding of the history of Cuba is that there are no native Cubans.  They are all descendants of either African slaves or the Spaniards, who conquered and killed the entire native population.

Not excusing Canada's mess.  It was just a bit shocking when I learned about the Cubans.

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Interesting question from the Global News:

so it was a concentration camp by design

not unprecedented for Canada neither

it's the same thing the British Empire did to the Boer women & children in South Africa

the concentration camp being a British invention to force the Boer Commando males to surrender in the field

Canada charged into that war with gusto

same thing with the Indian warriors here, kidnap the children as hostages to force the men to capitulate

the purpose of the Post National State being like the Nazis

to erase these crimes, replacing them them with a "progressive" utopian fake country

yet suddenly that is being disrupted, the dogma is being exposed as vaccous

Canadians confronted with their own death camps, like the Germans in 1945

ultimately it is American freedom which is imposing this on Canada as it did on the Germans

a first amendment paradigm to speak the truth of something Canada would rather sweep under the rug

prior to the Americanization of Canada,  this is something Canada simply censored for public consumption

the flag that makes you free, whether you like it or not, glory glory hallelujah

Edited by Dougie93

25 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the purpose of the Post National State being like the Nazis

to erase these crimes, replacing them them with a "progressive" utopian fake country

yet suddenly that is being disrupted, the dogma is being exposed as vaccous

Canadians confronted with their own death camps, like the Germans in 1945

Trudeau's bought news media now seeks to deflect this entirely as a problem of "the Church", not Canada.

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Trudeau's bought news media now seeks to deflect this entirely as a problem of "the Church", not Canada.

very deliberately, because the Post National State is Nietzschean

God is dead to the Post National State

so the Post National State, like the Nazis, attacks religion as the root of all evil

the Nazis didn't just hate the Jews, they hated the constraints of a loving & merciful God

Canada is the same, the Christians here are now the "insurrectionists" against the Post National Fuhrerprinzip

Christians have to atone for Canada's crimes, while the Post National State is innocent of history

Edited by Dougie93

this is how the Liberal Party of Canada flag is like the Swastika

this is how the Liberal Party of Canada national anthem is like the Horst Wessel song

the Nazis desired to erase the past, erase the crimes & failings of the German Empire

to replace it with a post scarcity Utopian futuristic society free of all that

the Nazis had a concept which they called Year Zero, the restarting of the world into a new paradigm

the Liberal Party of Canada has the same motivations, they use the same methods

you erase Canada and replace it with the Post National State

the Post National State has its own Utopian flag and Utopian anthem, to replace all that came before

cda-nazi-flag2.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

My understanding of the history of Cuba is that there are no native Cubans.  They are all descendants of either African slaves or the Spaniards, who conquered and killed the entire native population.

Not excusing Canada's mess.  It was just a bit shocking when I learned about the Cubans.

Yes it is shocking. Those things also happened in South America. I guess the difference is in Canada, we kept doing them right up until just a few years ago.

"The term Sixties Scoop was coined by Patrick Johnston, author of the 1983 report Native Children and the Child Welfare System. It refers to the mass removal of Aboriginal children from their families into the child welfare system, in most cases without the consent of their families or bands."

https://indigenousfoundations.arts.ubc.ca/sixties_scoop/

The situation continued into the mid-1980's.

But hey, these are progressive, modern times. What great people are the Candians

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What great people are the Canadians

there really is no such people

it is the British & French

House of Hanover & House of Bourbon

Canada is just agreement between them not to go to war with each other

Treaty of Paris 1763

the purpose being to keep the French in, so you can keep the Americans out, and the Indians down

battle-of-quebec-1759-hero.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

there really is no such people

it's the British & French

Canada is just agreement between them not to go to war with each other

the purpose being to keep the French in, so you can keep the Americans out, and the Indians down

Agreed. All my typos are intentional...   ;)

49 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Agreed. All my typos are intentional...   ;)

indeed, merely rolling with it, to illustrate the nature of the Post National State

Canada is not a "people", that is the postmodern fake country paradigm

again, it is a pseudo Nazi paradigm

the Nazis called it the "Volk"

a Canadian "people" would  just be a euphemism for "Master Race"

a priggish holier than thou horde of future utopians who are not responsible for their own history

a people without a history are easy to control, they are not responsible by default

a self loathing revanchist society which blames all of its ills on religion and foreign influence

like if you feel the need to run out and defend Canada, by blaming religion and/or America ?

even when confronted with Canadian death camps ?

then you are one of the Volk, Post National State uber alles, innocent of history perfected Master Race

dhjh17-151eaea2-c00e-4122-8299-94be6c7cc

Edited by Dougie93