Global Affairs Canada antiracism programming and propaganda

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I didn't say, "Hey Grit, can you virtue signal?", I asked you if you think that the CHAZis had an alarmingly high murder rate, so your blather doesn't qualify as an answer. 

Do you feel like BLM should look at that incident and say "Damn, it can sometimes be hard to avoid killing people when you take on the job of protecting people"?

The irony is visible from Pluto - the group that says "Police kill too many people and they need to be held accountable" kill too many black kids and then hide the evidence of what happened. 

You need some reason and humanity, Grit, and not just when it suits the people who you feel are of use. (More irony, whoa)

FWIW "Occupy" was just exactly what it was - an example of just how shortsighted the BLMers are and how dystopian their society would actually be if they got the chance to have it. 

They think that America doesn't need a military but then they saw what it's like to try to hold territory and police it, and they saw the value of weapons. They act like the police look 'militarized' but they brandished weapons every chance they got.  

"There is none s blind as he who will not see." - Boom.

When you see an organization that's as racist, corrupt and violent as BLM but then try to 'splain away the massive gap between the leader's avowed principles and their actions it makes you look somewhere between 1) disingenuous and 10) atrocious. This is a solid 9.5. 

OMG dude, now you're making excuses for people who are sowing racial division ffs. 

Are you evil, Grit?

Why would I acknowledge something that is simply untrue? 

I already told you the main reason why black people get killed at a disproportionate rate - they are raised since birth to fear, hate and resist police. Even Michelle Obama tries to get them to do it. How can you instil those dangerous things in them and then expect them not to do the very things that get them killed?  

Kids teach other kids to fear police: "Hey, let's sell some joints, just watch out for the fuckin' pigs, bro." And you'd be correct in assuming that a lot of them get killed.

So you weren't there, you read 1 wiki article, and you're making those assumptions... am I correct?

It's a really, really, really, really big deal when you shoot at a cop who's performing his lawful and necsessary duties. They will fire back. You need to understand and appreciate that, but you clearly do not. Being brave means going to places like this frequently, it doesn't mean "letting people shoot at you". 

Brionna was not "a bystander", she was a person in a dar room where her boyfriend was shooting at cops. She's a person who was found to have a murdered person in the back of her rental car in recent years. 

No time for videos right now, maybe later.

That's not a pattern. The pattern is: "BLM mischaracterizes a police shooting or puts out selectively edited video, gets people riled up, incites rioting & racial discrimination, the truth comes out, they move on to the next false event. Rinse and repeat.

That's why you ignored all of the other cases which you don't even need to research, you already know about them. They were on the mainstream news for months, if not years. Brionna's was actually the least well-known of all those cases. 

OMFG dude, they killed everyone that they could find who seemed to exist with a certain belief set, literally millions of them, and terrorized the rest of the population into following their exact belief system on pain of death. If that's not fucking genocide then nothing is.

Don't you find it a little bit evil around the edges to 'splain away an actual genocide, and to try to make it fruity and light? Of course it's fucking genocide. 

You act like the killing of a million people is less significant than the killing of one.

"Kill one man and you're a murderer, kill a million and you're a hero..." Is that your philosophy, Grit?

There's your willful ignorance again. 

There's EVERYTHING sinister about mischaracterizing events in the news in a way that maligns a police officer and causes people across the whole planet to hate/fear American police in general. 

It's an abomination. 

No one is a member of a nation where the police kill black people indiscriminately, so there's no traction to the name BLM.

I can accuse you of being ok with genocide, on account of the fact that you downplay Mao's blatant genocide. 

Should I start saying GNTSSG? Grit needs to stop supporting genocide? 

Grit - stop supporting genocide dude. It's really wrong, ok?

If the Dems want to come to terms with their KKK, their Jim Crowe laws, their history of fighting to uphold slavery and to disenfranchise blacks, good for them. They should also stop trying to get the next generation of black kids killed by the police. I'm not apologizing for things that I've never supported. My family came from coal miners and soldiers. We didn't own slaves, unlike Kamala Harris's family. 

The point that you're missing in all of this is that Obama shouldn't have been lionizing the guy who killed 5 cops, he should have been characterizing that person as worthless scum. 

If you follow Christ, then you're setting yourself up to be accused of supporting the things that Christ supported in his speeches and actions. 

If you follow BLM, join in their riots, and carry their platitudes over your head then you're a part of that "entity". When you're doing the things that THEY'RE TELLING YOU TO DO then of course BLM is regulating your behaviour

They were regulating your behaviour right at the very moment you typed that tripe in support of them.

Did you think that your words meant "BLM musta said some good things in addition to all the evil that they spewed, and ONLY the good things that people do at BLM's bidding actually reflect back on BLM. BLM cannot be held responsible for any of the crimes that people commit at their behest"?

There were only 200 people who went into the buildings. There was nothing wrong with what the rest of the crowds did.

Therefor, when you talk about the riots at Capitol Hill that needed to be constrained by police, the number is 200.  The police had to deal with less than 200 people for just a couple of hours, they resorted to shooting and killing unarmed people. 

In thousands of protests which included serious attacks on police officers and quite a few murders, police never fired on BLM except for one instance when they were shot at first. 

You need to come to grips with that instead of trying to support the killing of an unarmed person. Don't you think that the people who committing murders at the riots were guilty of far more than Ashley Babbit?

Did you hear a whoosh sound? 

The whole point was that you didn't even know who Michel Fournier was but OUR Canadian news told you every little sordd detail of Dr Ford and her bullshit accusation. 

And FYI, Kavanaugh was never 'credibly accused' of 'rape'. She couldn't name the year, the location, she named 4 witnesses and none of them ever heard of her story, she never told her friends, family or the police, she claimed to have phobias but it was proven that she doesn't even have those, she claimed to be unaware that the GOP offered to fly a lie detector to her but even I knew days in advance from the opposite side of the continent in a different country. She was A LYING BIMBO. That's not misogyny. It's just a simple fact.

Michel Fournier's story was very germane to one of the biggest scandals in Canadian political history. CBC knew. They hid it.

Did you not know that Trudeau gave CBC $695B when he first got elected? 

Get up to speed, Grit. Your willful ignorance and convenient dearth of pertinent facts regarding every single story that you talk about is highly suspect. 

In this instance there's evil and there's not evil. Not evil doesn't necessarily mean 'saintly'.

I'm guessing that's full of typos, its a lot to go over on the fly and I didn't have time to read it through.

I would respectfully invite you to consider that civility is the lubricant that allows people who disagree with one another to have fruitful conversations.  I worked for more than 3 hours on that post.  I am not perfect and neither is it, but it's hard to have a useful conversation with a person who is as angry as you seem to be.  I hope that, at some point in time, you will be able to calm down, and if that happens I'll be happy to engage with you about this or any other matter.  In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Principle of charity - Wikipedia

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Posture is a pejorative word... Like poseur.

2. GDP per capita increases with time but inequity increases more

GDP per capita does not tell us average wealth of a population! Since it is skewed by high income earners, living mostly off of investment income sources that are not available to average working people. 

So, most of the GDP increase of the past 30 years has gone right into the pockets of the top 1% and their professionals who run their businesses for them. 

It's because most working people don't quite understand how they are being screwed over, but know that ruling class politicians on the slightly left and right only represent elite interests, is why so many are angry and disillusioned with what they are offered. 

This is how fascist movements start up, and move in and take over during chaotic and desperate times! The ruling classes have much greater fear of communism or even watered down forms of leftism than they do authoritarian rightwing movements that provide a clear leadership they can buy off and mostly coopt for their purposes... i.e. Hitler and Mussolini, and let's not forget Franco and the longtime fascist leader of Portugal, who were never removed from power after WWII ended. 

36 minutes ago, GrittyLeftist said:

I would respectfully invite you to consider that civility is the lubricant that allows people who disagree with one another to have fruitful conversations.  I worked for more than 3 hours on that post.  I am not perfect and neither is it, but it's hard to have a useful conversation with a person who is as angry as you seem to be.  I hope that, at some point in time, you will be able to calm down, and if that happens I'll be happy to engage with you about this or any other matter.  In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Principle of charity - Wikipedia

I would respectfully invite you to consider that honesty is the ONLY lubricant that allows people to have fruitful conversations. I also worked a long time on my post, but I actually took the time to read and weigh the merits of your post.

Furthermore, you can be as civil as you want, but when your answers sound like: "I feel this way because I care about black people and you don't" that's not just a non-answer, it's an insult. 

Being civil also doesn't make up for being disingenuous, willfully ignorant, or lying. While you're working so hard, pretending that the fact that BLM killed a 16 yr old in their very brief tenure policing an extremely small area is meaningless, other people are mulling it over. 

I hope that, at some point in time, you will be able to entertain a positive, truthful exchange of ideas, and if that happens I'll be happy to engage with you about this or any other matter.  In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

The Truth About Lying

Edited by WestCanMan

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think you agreed with my point.

I couldn't clearly figure out if you had a point in that brief two question post!  Because my point is that, even if liberals and soc-dems are being nice and taxing the rich more/and giving more to the poor, they are still doing this with money they don't have and cannot pay back unless they can confiscate more wealth from poor nations or leave our future generations with permanent debts hanging over their heads. 

The only path towards survival is living in a much more modest, far less complex society that functions within the natural environmental limits of our biosphere and does not encourage excessive exploitation.....and starts all these problems over and over again. 

2 hours ago, Right To Left said:

I couldn't clearly figure out if you had a point in that brief two question post!  Because my point is that, even if liberals and soc-dems are being nice and taxing the rich more/and giving more to the poor, they are still doing this with money they don't have and cannot pay back unless they can confiscate more wealth from poor nations or leave our future generations with permanent debts hanging over their heads. 

Once again GDP per capita increases with time but inequity increases more.  So the 'average' goes up, but is consumed by the people at the top of the food chain.  Yes, we agree.

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Once again GDP per capita increases with time but inequity increases more.  So the 'average' goes up, but is consumed by the people at the top of the food chain.  Yes, we agree.

Hold your horses...as my grandfather would say! GDP measures the market value of finished goods and services over time. And GDP can go up.....OR DOWN for a variety of reasons. One that we are becoming more and more exposed to in recent decades as economic growth becomes a subject of illusion produced by declining real value of fiat currencies. 

Since "finished goods" tells us that for example: an undeveloped, unexploited forest full of trees is worth nothing...until it is converted into lumber, paper or other useful products, that should serve as a warning that the continually increased exploitation of the natural environment has been ruining one ecosystem after another.

A few centuries ago....before European colonialization had spread out, seeking new lands to exploit, to add needed food and resources for their populations back home, there was a fear that growing populations using wood and charcoal for fuel would cut down all of the trees in England. 

Over the past century, formal slavery and colonialization was replaced with a looser system of internationally enforced debt-bondage saddling the citizens of third world...supposedly independent former colonies with unpayable levels of debt....designed to keep their people working harder and harder in increasingly unhealthy and degrading conditions. Today, the same conditions are experienced by most working people living in increasing poverty at the heart of the empires. 

Finally, for all of the talk about political, economic and especially tax reform, I end up seeing it all as a waste of oxygen today! Because the forces that are driving modern, genocidal late-stage capitalism are being driven by attempting to live beyond the means of what nature will provide, and I haven't even gotten to the BIG CRISIS of late-stage capitalism, now that we are supposedly in a new era of 'green' technologies! Simple fact is that the rise of industrial civilization that began in 1700's Europe is fast running out of retrievable quantities of minerals....especially the already scarce - "rare earth elements" needed for a whole array of high tech green technologies that are essential to make Musk World even possible!  That's why that bastard - Elon Musk quipped about the unsuccessful military/judicial coup against Evo Morales in Bolivia two years ago: "we will coup whoever we want to coup!" So, Elon became an unofficial member of the US military-industrial complex....because that's the only way the large amounts of lithium he will need to make his dream of homes powered by 'renewables' and large lithium battery packs at all possible....let alone all of the stupid electric cars he wants to put on the roads all over the world!

So, when it comes to real, likely predictions about the future, I side with a marginalized doomer skeptic and former mining engineer - Christopher Clugston, who wrote an informative if dry read 12 years ago called "Scarcity" which could be sluggish reading as Clugston takes the reader through page after page of statistics on recoverable metals, energy costs and increasing mountains of contaminated useless slag.  In 2019, he wrote another book ( I don't have) called "Blip: Humanity's 300 year self-terminating experiment with industrialism" which places our era of industrial civilization that began with the first coal-fired steam engines in the 1750's, as blip in human history....let alone natural history of this planet! 

Clugston isn't the first doomer to predict an end or an devolving of our civilization, but is at least the most informed. By his measures, modern civilization will be done by 2050, with or without climate change, with or without peak oil, and with or without any green new deal idea. 

Now, 30 years from now, will GDP still be increasing?

• 4 weeks later...

Toronto professor peeved that so many Canadians import American labels for "discourse on race".    

The term ‘BIPOC’ is a bad fit for the Canadian discourse on race

One of the biggest problems in Canadian politics is that large segments of our population seem to think they live in the United States. How else can one explain the fools running around in MAGA hats and holding demonstrations in support of former U.S. president Donald Trump? Sometimes, I feel like I should shake them by the shoulders and shout, “You live in Canada!”

Unfortunately, I am beginning to feel the same way toward people who talk about “BIPOC issues,” as though it were normal for Canadians to use that expression. After all, BIPOC (“Black, Indigenous and People of Color”) is an acronym developed in the U.S. to discuss domestic race relations, just as BAME (“Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic”) is used in Britain.

Rather than developing our own acronym to reflect the reality of race relations and multiculturalism in Canada, far too many people have chosen just to use the American term. This cognitive capture by American social-justice discourse is, in many ways, just a left-wing version of what’s been happening with MAGA on the right.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-term-bipoc-is-a-bad-fit-for-the-canadian-discourse-on-race/#comments

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Toronto professor peeved that so many Canadians import American labels for "discourse on race".   

it's all baked into the cake of the Post National State

the Liberal Party of Canada has erased Canadian history and replaced it with imported American dogma

once you peel back the layers of Canadian history, there is nothing left at the centre

the American hurly burly was bound to fill the void of that fool's errand, nature abhors a vacuum

it wasn't the Reb Menace that brought Canada down in the end

Canada brought itself down, America didn't even notice

the sole purpose of the Canadian political class is maintain the power, perks & prerogatives of the Laurentian elite

to keep the Lurentian elites ensconced in their ivory towers above the law

they a nothing but sycophants, cronies & apparatchiks

a people without a history are easy to control, so Canadians had to be alienated from their central narrative

but the political class here are so irredeemably vacuous, so devoid of critical thought

so they don't even have anything interesting to fill the void they have created 

they're not even good at being tyrants, they don't even do bread & circuses with any competence