Freespend screws over Canadians with success tax.

4 hours ago, ron Young said:

How old are you man? Do you act this immature in real life or is this just an online personna? It's any wonder nobody takes a damn thing you write seriously. It's the blatant lack of credability and integrity. Perhaps some growing up is in order 'eh kitten.

Been here for more than 15 years, your the first person thats had any real heart ache with me, ...i see that as your problem not mine... but hey stick around, or leave your call, i really don't give a shit.... I'm sure the other posters will enjoy your opinions as well.  Or perhaps you can bring my bullshit as you call it to the mods attention if you like, get a second opinion, shit maybe start your own little club. "the I hate that army guy club".

Edited by Army Guy

8 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Been here for more than 15 years, your the first person thats had any real heart ache with me, ...i see that as your problem not mine... but hey stick around, or leave your call, i really don't give a shit.... I'm sure the other posters will enjoy your opinions as well.  Or perhaps you can bring my bullshit as you call it to the mods attention if you like, get a second opinion, shit maybe start your own little club. "the I hate that army guy club".

Dude you were barely worth what I already typed lol. Get over yourself sparky.

And yet here you are still replying to a person that is hardly worth it, i think I'm probably one of the few people here that respond.... I know it is 2021, and some how you prefer Conservatives , but dude, I,m sorry I don't swing that way,"I think for the most part it's a lefty trait". But good effort, I'm really hoping you'll find someone in the near future someone to confide in, someone that shares ,you know your preference to partners... anyway don't want to waste any of your valuable time good luck in your future endeavors. 

On 4/19/2021 at 7:55 PM, cannuck said:

https://www.thestar.com/business/2021/04/19/federal-budget-2021-ottawa-proposes-luxury-tax-on-pricey-cars-boats-planes.html

As usual, the Libs waste no opportunity to stick it to successful Canadians, but play politics with the cutoff limits and exemptions.

WTF is with allowing 250k baseline for boats (that start at a few thousand) but put $100k on a new airplane - NONE of which can sell anywhere near that price.   Similarly, why are motorhomes exempt???????

The NDP comment in this article is a bit closer to common sense - but they want to tax assets instead of income.   The real solution is, without any question - to tax things that do NOT create wealth and stay the fuck away from earned income that results from productive endeavour.   In other words - tax speculative gain...but that would mean housing/real estate and there isn't a Canadian politician with the balls (or the brains) to do that.

I don't see a problem

I can easily buy a fancy car and/or a boat in America

frankly, it's not even worth keeping such a toys in Canada

if you're going to own an expensive car and/or boat, you keep those at your home in Florida

they salt the roads here, and you can't even get your boat up to speed on a Canadian lake

for Canadians who can't afford a home in Florida, too bad so sad

all you need in commie Canada is a pickup truck and a canoe, no biggie

75782659-to-prince-charles-and-lady-dian

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't see a problem

I can easily buy a fancy car and/or a boat in America

frankly, it's not even worth keeping such a toys in Canada

if you're going to own an expensive car and/or boat, you keep those at your home in Florida

they salt the roads here, and you can't even get your boat up to speed on a Canadian lake

for Canadians who can't afford a home in Florida, too bad so sadall you need in commie Canada is a pickup truck and a canoe, no biggie

Since much of my business is in the US I can somewhat agree with you, but I also spent a few years travelling the planet looking for the best place to raise a family - and as a result stayed in Canada.  No regrets.  I greatly enjoy most things and places in the US, but at the bottom of it all, I am a Canadian as are my children and grand children.  I would rather try to improve the country I love for others to benefit and enjoy than run and hide in a foreign land.

11 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Since much of my business is in the US I can somewhat agree with you, but I also spent a few years travelling the planet looking for the best place to raise a family - and as a result stayed in Canada.  No regrets.  I greatly enjoy most things and places in the US, but at the bottom of it all, I am a Canadian as are my children and grand children.  I would rather try to improve the country I love for others to benefit and enjoy than run and hide in a foreign land.

everything is expensive in Canada tho, it's not the place to do your luxury shopping

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

everything is expensive in Canada tho, it's not the place to do your luxury shopping

I am painfully aware of that, but my choice is to build things in Canada and sell them to Canadians and Americans at a competitive price, not just be a consumer of their production.  I am on a project in a remote area working on some very large and expensive equipment that I helped install and commission 45 years ago.  Just going through the manuals and drawings, I realized that it was originally built in Canada (by one of my clients) from materials and components that were almost ALL sourced from North of the 49th.  Products from that same plant (now once again Canadian owned) now must use components from many other countries (usually USA) simply because we don't make a large number of the things we once did.  I would be ashamed to raise my children and grand children to surrender to a foreign power - even one that I so much like and enjoy.

25 minutes ago, cannuck said:

I am painfully aware of that, but my choice is to build things in Canada and sell them to Canadians and Americans at a competitive price, not just be a consumer of their production. 

just doing a quick calculation, the worst ever Canada was in 1981

13% inflation, the top income tax rate was 70%,  and the average mortgage rate was 21%

that's at 2%, 33%, and 3% now

so this current Canada looks pretty damn good in comparison

Edited by Dougie93