Freespend screws over Canadians with success tax.

6 hours ago, cougar said:

I interpret the luxury tax as payable by individuals who own a plane or a boat and use them entirely for pleasure, not a business.

Excuse me, but having someone live in the wilderness where the only means of transportation is an airplane does not sit well with me.  You have a situation where thousands of wildlife and humans get disturbed and hundreds of liters of fuel are burned for one individual's extravagant desires.  I secretly hope people who do that either crash one day or become grizzly food.

You've come to Canada, planted your ass on the north-west coast, and expect to limit/dictate/bully everyone who disagrees with your NIMBY ideas.  

Sorry pal, you're the freak . . . wishing people to die in a plane crash or end up in G-bear sh!t.  Get a grip on yourself.

• Thanks 1

Punishing the rich and innovative is one of the tenets and fetishes of Marxists, Commies, and Liberals.  That's why Canada had no companies producing Covid vaccine when we needed them.  Companies and investors can see the writing on the wall and will take their investments elsewhere to investment friendly places.

• Like 3

On 4/20/2021 at 8:28 PM, Army Guy said:

Not "US" shady, just the entire left , the right already knows how to be fiscal responsible, and what drives our economy.

That is a lie one need only look to harpers fire sales and mandy pandy accounting practices to prove you wrong on that account. Then we can start to pull a few threads that are loose for the conservative premiers in Alberta and Ontario to further prove that statement patently false.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:29 AM, blackbird said:

Punishing the rich and innovative is one of the tenets and fetishes of Marxists, Commies, and Liberals.  That's why Canada had no companies producing Covid vaccine when we needed them.  Companies and investors can see the writing on the wall and will take their investments elsewhere to investment friendly places.

Please tell me you haven't typed that with a straigh face!!

On 4/28/2021 at 1:56 AM, cougar said:

I interpret the luxury tax as payable by individuals who own a plane or a boat and use them entirely for pleasure, not a business.

Excuse me, but having someone live in the wilderness where the only means of transportation is an airplane does not sit well with me.  You have a situation where thousands of wildlife and humans get disturbed and hundreds of liters of fuel are burned for one individual's extravagant desires.  I secretly hope people who do that either crash one day or become grizzly food.

Yeah, I sure remember those extravagant days of flying around the bush to fix airplanes, mining equipment, fishing boats, wild rice harvesters and many other things so the army of useless tits in the big cities can live off of the avails of our work.  THAT is extravagant!

On 5/2/2021 at 5:54 AM, ron Young said:

That is a lie one need only look to harpers fire sales and mandy pandy accounting practices to prove you wrong on that account. Then we can start to pull a few threads that are loose for the conservative premiers in Alberta and Ontario to further prove that statement patently false.

You can't stand there and tell me that any PC PM has been as bad as Justin in ANY category. Stop making excuses and face the facts Justin is the worse PM ever... but Liberals are going to stand in line for hours and vote for the pri** again...

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 11:29 AM, blackbird said:

NO fool!  How many times have we been over this! 

Vaccine envy: Why can't Canada make COVID-19 doses at home?

Now, this long article posted on CBC over a week ago, provides the whole history of Canada's vaccine development and production through the decline in the 70's, the converting of Connaught Labs  into a Crown corporation (under the expectation that it would eventually turn profits and be sold off in the future) was privatized by Mulroney back in the 80's, with the promise that Canada would have better vaccine capabilities after selling it all off to foreign companies. The only one of the buyers who kept any part of that business in Canada is the French company -  Sanofi, which only produces vaccines for diptheria, tetanus and polio.....mostly for export,  and cannot be ramped up to making Covid-19 vaccines anyway. 

The problem is the glorious investors you worship. All people like this are interested in is making money. So, if profits are good from selling to sick and desperate people, they'll do it, but everything they do is about profits, NOT serving the public, so put a fork in it!  These shouldn't be for-profit businesses to begin with! Because the people making the discoveries, inventing new cures and especially producing the products, are not getting rich off this. It's the bloodsuckers who own the companies that make the billions off of their rising share values!

On 5/4/2021 at 6:05 PM, Army Guy said:

You can't stand there and tell me that any PC PM has been as bad as Justin in ANY category. Stop making excuses and face the facts Justin is the worse PM ever... but Liberals are going to stand in line for hours and vote for the pri** again...

Yes in fact I can. As can a majority of Canadians. You however let your hatred 1st cloud your judgement 2nd define your opinion. In my books that has always been a recipe for shite. The old adage stands up pretty well. " Garbage in=Garbage out. No way around that.

The partisan arguments that "conservative" governments in Canada have not been fiscally responsible hold a lot of water.  However, comparing the "Red Torries" to ANY of the left side parties is not completely honest, since they are anything but "conservative" and with the notable exception of Chretien's Liberals the left is anything but fiscally responsible.   History shows the the NDP can run ANY economy into the trash can with legislation and spending, and the LPC is doing a fine job of muscling the NDP out of the left side of the spectrum by immitation.

Now, on vaccines:  I keep coming back to one simple theme - that sick care and health care are SOCIAL SERVICES, not business, and until we (the royal global "we") figure that out, it will continue to be a gong show.  I agree fully with our left leaning members that making profit from people's illness and misfortune is ethically wrong.   From a business perspective: not having to fund the two of the three biggest killers of business - medicine and legal costs - open up the economy for entrepreneurs to build and develop business and products.  It is VITALLY important to realize the jobs and wealth are created mostly by entrepreneurial/smaller business, NOT big biz and Wall Street/Bay Street.

Edited by cannuck

10 hours ago, ron Young said:

Yes in fact I can. As can a majority of Canadians. You however let your hatred 1st cloud your judgement 2nd define your opinion. In my books that has always been a recipe for shite. The old adage stands up pretty well. " Garbage in=Garbage out. No way around that.

Well educate us then which Conservative PM has been worse than Justin ? maybe you can throw in how they are worse,    1 st , it is not hatred that has clouded my judgement when it is based on facts, what baffles me is how liberals can continue to defend this jackass and all of his antics...They only way i can see it as Those Majority of Canadians are as corrupt and morally bankrupt as Justin and his band of lairs are. 2 and my opinion has already been clearly defined, i don't think the liberals stand for much, they prefer to kick shit down the road let someone else figure it out, add to that they are horrible lairs but that has not stopped them from doing it constantly, not just the PM but the whole party again they are morally bankrupt, and have lied so much it is hard to determine fact form out right lies... And I'll be honest with you not a big fan of the current Conservative leadership either, but then again my goldfish could lead better than the current liberals.

This would be where you tell us all what Justin has accomplished in the last 5 years that makes him stand out as a leader of our nation.

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

ron Young . . . . you're the perfect example of a Justin Trudeau voter/supporter.  You must be proud of yourself.  Congratulations on a job well done.  Canada thanks you.

While Taxme is the perfect example of a Conservative supporter/voter.  I'd prefer 100 Ron's over a single Taxme in my "camp", because some connection to reality is better than none.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dialamah said:

While Taxme is the perfect example of a Conservative supporter/voter.  I'd prefer 100 Ron's over a single Taxme in my "camp", because some connection to reality is better than none.

That is because liberals prefer to ostracize people who are different, rather than accept and find a way to make room for them. Then they pride themselves on being so "tolerant".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

That is because liberals prefer to ostracize people who are different, rather than accept and find a way to make room for them. Then they pride themselves on being so "tolerant".

This from the guy who says atheists are the same as communists.   

On 5/7/2021 at 10:00 AM, Nefarious Banana said:

ron Young . . . . you're the perfect example of a Justin Trudeau voter/supporter.  You must be proud of yourself.  Congratulations on a job well done.  Canada thanks you.

Well thank you so much. Gotta say it is a welcome change from the usual vitrol that get's spewed around here.

On 5/6/2021 at 7:36 PM, Army Guy said:

Well educate us then which Conservative PM has been worse than Justin ? maybe you can throw in how they are worse,    1 st , it is not hatred that has clouded my judgement when it is based on facts, what baffles me is how liberals can continue to defend this jackass and all of his antics...They only way i can see it as Those Majority of Canadians are as corrupt and morally bankrupt as Justin and his band of lairs are. 2 and my opinion has already been clearly defined, i don't think the liberals stand for much, they prefer to kick shit down the road let someone else figure it out, add to that they are horrible lairs but that has not stopped them from doing it constantly, not just the PM but the whole party again they are morally bankrupt, and have lied so much it is hard to determine fact form out right lies... And I'll be honest with you not a big fan of the current Conservative leadership either, but then again my goldfish could lead better than the current liberals.

This would be where you tell us all what Justin has accomplished in the last 5 years that makes him stand out as a leader of our nation.

1st off stop reading or watching anything associated with: Rebel News, epoch times or the post Millenial. Next leave the fluffy news sites alone as well. Get your news from : Associated Press, The Canadian Press, Reuters or choose your own source but check the bias and proceed with caution. Could give you all a list of the current goverments accomplishments but it would be in vain and you  and I know it. Wouldn't matter if our current PM cured covid all by himself it wouldn't change your opinion one bit. We could explore why that is but again it would be a waste of time and energy.

On 5/8/2021 at 12:01 AM, OftenWrong said:

You didn't type that with a straight face did you? LoL.

On 5/9/2021 at 7:49 AM, ron Young said:

1st off stop reading or watching anything associated with: Rebel News, epoch times or the post Millenial. Next leave the fluffy news sites alone as well. Get your news from : Associated Press, The Canadian Press, Reuters or choose your own source but check the bias and proceed with caution. Could give you all a list of the current goverments accomplishments but it would be in vain and you  and I know it. Wouldn't matter if our current PM cured covid all by himself it wouldn't change your opinion one bit. We could explore why that is but again it would be a waste of time and energy.

WOW, you must be confusing me with taxme and that hurts really, i don't think i have ever used any of those media sites in any sources I've provided. But thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions i have asked, all those examples you have provided it will take me weeks to read through them all.

But really I'm willing to eat crow or shit if you can prove any of my points false. should not be that hard you seem really confident that your in right and i'm just blinded by my dislike of the left....

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2021 at 7:50 PM, Army Guy said:

WOW, you must be confusing me with taxme and that hurts really, i don't think i have ever used any of those media sites in any sources I've provided. But thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions i have asked, all those examples you have provided it will take me weeks to read through them all.

But really I'm willing to eat crow or shit if you can prove any of my points false. should not be that hard you seem really confident that your in right and i'm just blinded by my dislike of the left....

You can read and watch that garbage without using it as source material. You can even form some convoluted opinions based on material you never publish as a source. Perhaps that is what conservatives are missing? The ability to recognize any nuance whatsoever....

Do I owe you something? LoL get over yourself man you aint worth the effort beyond calling out your bullshite

11 hours ago, ron Young said:

You can read and watch that garbage without using it as source material. You can even form some convoluted opinions based on material you never publish as a source. Perhaps that is what conservatives are missing? The ability to recognize any nuance whatsoever....

Do I owe you something? LoL get over yourself man you aint worth the effort beyond calling out your bullshite

Now you've gone and done it, spilling a centuries old, deep guarded secret on what sources ALL conservatives base their opinions on. Surprised you left out Fox news, any coloring books, sears X-MAS catalogues or one of the liberal's favorite trusted source the bible. 

"Do i owe you something", well you called me out remember, I'm waiting for you to step up, show me the error of my ways. But for some reason you can't, or won't. Instead your here to chirp/ troll like most liberals do, they don't like to discuss or debate anything really, it's not in a liberals DNA, you just like to hear the sound of their own voice, or preprogramed thoughts they have been given to you by your liberal masters, anything else is just evil that needs to be mocked or destroyed.  

On 5/15/2021 at 6:45 PM, Army Guy said:

Now you've gone and done it, spilling a centuries old, deep guarded secret on what sources ALL conservatives base their opinions on. Surprised you left out Fox news, any coloring books, sears X-MAS catalogues or one of the liberal's favorite trusted source the bible. 

"Do i owe you something", well you called me out remember, I'm waiting for you to step up, show me the error of my ways. But for some reason you can't, or won't. Instead your here to chirp/ troll like most liberals do, they don't like to discuss or debate anything really, it's not in a liberals DNA, you just like to hear the sound of their own voice, or preprogramed thoughts they have been given to you by your liberal masters, anything else is just evil that needs to be mocked or destroyed.  

We could debate the merits of taxation on societal measures for a week. However you aren't going to ever give in to critical thought, nuance or the public good. So why on earth would I try. I've been lurking on these forums for years. Has your MO of squacking about the evils of lefty liberals changed in the number of years you have been posting here? Didn't think so lol. It isn't debate you are after at all. Try some honesty and integrity.

18 hours ago, ron Young said:

We could debate the merits of taxation on societal measures for a week. However you aren't going to ever give in to critical thought, nuance or the public good. So why on earth would I try. I've been lurking on these forums for years. Has your MO of squacking about the evils of lefty liberals changed in the number of years you have been posting here? Didn't think so lol. It isn't debate you are after at all. Try some honesty and integrity.

Like i said Ronny, just use the ignore feature and save yourself some grief... I guess i should be honored, all these years of stalking and now for some unknown reason you decided to speak of my evil deeds..... girl friend must have left ya, and now you got all this extra time to waste on me of all people, I'm flattered really. but i already have all the leftist friends i can handle Ronny, but i will keep you in mind cup cake...

On 5/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Army Guy said:

Like i said Ronny, just use the ignore feature and save yourself some grief... I guess i should be honored, all these years of stalking and now for some unknown reason you decided to speak of my evil deeds..... girl friend must have left ya, and now you got all this extra time to waste on me of all people, I'm flattered really. but i already have all the leftist friends i can handle Ronny, but i will keep you in mind cup cake...

How old are you man? Do you act this immature in real life or is this just an online personna? It's any wonder nobody takes a damn thing you write seriously. It's the blatant lack of credability and integrity. Perhaps some growing up is in order 'eh kitten.