Hotspot conundrum

23 hours ago, Boges said:

Apparently increasing the supply to "Hotspots" was only to last two weeks. Now vaccine distribution will go back to per capita distribution. 

Just saw on CP24 that tomorrow everyone in the Province 18+ will be able to book a vaccine. 

I'd say, largely this vaccine rollout has been a resounding success. 

What has it been then in New York (museums open) and UK (pubs open, international travel allowed again) then? I.e. by what standard do we measure it? I.e. by the standard "sit on one's hands the longer the better and as long as at all possible - and judge it a resounding success"? By the way note that this is exactly what one gets when bureaucracy pays to itself and judges itself.

51 minutes ago, myata said:

What has it been then in New York (museums open) and UK (pubs open, international travel allowed again) then? I.e. by what standard do we measure it? I.e. by the standard "sit on one's hands the longer the better and as long as at all possible - and judge it a resounding success"? By the way note that this is exactly what one gets when bureaucracy pays to itself and judges itself.

They got a headstart on vaccine distribution. 

And we're about where the US is regarding first dose vaccination. But some states like New York and California that aren't full of uneducated rubes, the vaccination rate is much higher. 

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

Are you? You're being a good little soldier. 

We'll beat the US targets for July regarding first dose percentage. 

Yes, am a foot soldier for the masses. I'll be going to work soon to start my shift. As I've done every day, since 2019. I am an essential service, apparently. But, I lived...

I just want to get back to being free to go visit people, associate, help those in my family who are under stress by spending direct personal time with them.

When will I be allowed to do that,, Sir?   ;)

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yes, am a foot soldier for the masses. I'll be going to work soon to start my shift. As I've done every day, since 2019. I am an essential service, apparently. But, I lived...

I just want to get back to being free to go visit people, associate, help those in my family who are under stress by spending direct personal time with them.

When will I be allowed to do that,, Sir?   ;)

I'm seeing family. The weather is nice, if you do fear the VID you should be able to see people outdoors. People can't advocate for Recreational facilities to be own and then tell people you can't see family or friends. 

Have you not been vaccinated (one dose)? If not I suppose that's a whole different discussion. 

I would suggest we have 2 more weeks of this. The new cases just dropped to 1,600. The thousands of people getting vaccinated every day need a few weeks before they achieve optimal protection. 

Edited by Boges

46 minutes ago, Boges said:

I would suggest we have 2 more weeks of this. The new cases just dropped to 1,600. The thousands of people getting vaccinated every day need a few weeks before they achieve optimal protection. 

We all are so hopeful for that. Just 2 more weeks and it'll solve all our problems. Of course. The cases go down (just like they went last summer without any vaccinations) and life will be nice and rosy again. Great.

What if it doesn't though? What if come September and October we'll see them climbing again (I sincerely hope not)? Will it be back to the sky is falling, folks!!! and five-month-lockdown? Have we learned anything else? Wonder who can we ask that?

Edited by myata

53 minutes ago, Boges said:

I'm seeing family. The weather is nice, if you do fear the VID you should be able to see people outdoors. People can't advocate for Recreational facilities to be own and then tell people you can't see family or friends. 

Have you not been vaccinated (one dose)? If not I suppose that's a whole different discussion.

There you go, advocating for people to commit crimes against the state again. And committing federal crimes yourself even, by spreading disinformation online about covid-19. My, how the worm turns...   ;)

"I just need to sit back, and watch you people come around"

14 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There you go, advocating for people to commit crimes against the state again. And committing federal crimes yourself even, by spreading disinformation online about covid-19. My, how the worm turns...   ;)

"I just need to sit back, and watch you people come around"

Unenforceable Crime. 

How is it Federal? And what did I saw that was incorrect? 

I've also gotten my vaccine. 

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

Unenforceable Crime. 

How is it Federal? And what did I saw that was incorrect? 

I've also gotten my vaccine. 

You implied that having one shot allows you to do things in Canada that others cannot do. That's a no-no!
You might get a visit from the health goonies for spreading such rebellious ideas.

It's people like you, who refuse to comply, that are making this damn virus thing spread on and on!  ;)

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

You implied that having one shot allows you to do things in Canada that others cannot do. That's a no-no!
You might get a visit from the health goonies for spreading such rebellious ideas.

It's people like you, who refuse to comply, that are making this damn virus thing spread on and on!  ;)

Sweet Irony. 

They certainly aren't delaying shots 3-4 months assuming people that don't have double shots are still a huge risk of being hospitalized. 

3 weeks after your first shot you have lots of protection. The second shot is a booster. 

So in the hindsight of the two week difference what was the point? 60-70% is needed for a group-level immunity that clearly cannot be achieved in selected postal codes in 2-4 weeks. So was it just a publicity stunt? Look we're doing something here?

Edited by myata

5 hours ago, myata said:

So in the hindsight of the two week difference what was the point? 60-70% is needed for a group-level immunity that clearly cannot be achieved in selected postal codes in 2-4 weeks. So was it just a publicity stunt? Look we're doing something here?

They'll say just another two weeks. Just a couple more. Look, we're so close now. Another two weeks. No way we should open now, we would give up all the progress we've made. So, another two weeks. Another two, and another, again and again