What do you think about Tom Cruise and Scientology ?

Jean-Kevin

"Mission Scientology : Tom Cruise"

If you know to speak French you have "Secrets d'actualité - Tom Cruise, l'autre visage" (on Youtoube) who is a good video.

I'm going to watch "Scientology: The Science of Truth or the Art of Deception? | Full Movie | Sabine Weber" and if not I know another video ("THE SECRETS OF SCIENTOLOGY FULL DOCUMENTARY") who is intersting.

According to the British journalist Andrew Morton, author of Tom Cruise, an unauthorized biography, the actor would have become the number 2 of Scientology. 

The news religions don't like to talk about god, godness, angel or demon (fantasy). They prefer to talk about alien  or extraterrestrial (science fiction). 

Lafayette Ronald Hubbart (the guru who founded the Scientology religion) is a mythomaniac and a swindler (he was sentenced in absentia to four years in prison for swindlering in France) . He likes the science fiction and he published many science fiction stories.

Tom Cruise was first manipulated but then he becomes a manipulator in his turn, which makes him dangerous. 

According to Arthur C. Clark (2001 A Space Odyssey), in the early 1950's, the then struggling science fiction writer - Ron Hubbard made a bet with him in a bar one night that he could create his own religion and have more than a million followers by the end of the decade. I think Hubbard won that bet.

But scientology could not hold on to most new members because it demanded so much money from them, while selfish, narcissistic rich bastards could easily afford it. Scientology would have disappeared, like so many other new cults that took off in the early 50's as an always threatening Cold War was established between the US and the Soviet Union after WWII. 

The advances in science....especially rocketry, led to many flying saucer cults that inserted aliens for angels, and would take the faithful off to a better planet after man/or God destroyed Earth in a nuclear inferno. So if scientology hadn't attracted a clique of Hollywood celebrities long before Cruise arrived, it would have died out along with all of the other flying saucer and new age cults of the 50's and 60's.

It seems that scientology's capacity and willingness to indulge the sense of self-importance of wealthy elites really strikes a chord with Hollywood royalty. So Tom Cruise shouldn't be viewed as surprising, except that he seems to be among the dumbest celebs out there!

Why is Scientology not taken seriously, but other religions are?

I think,

the manipulation of the Abrahamic religions is first about the falsification of History and we  talk about an old History. If I talk a guru like Muhammad the problem is we don't even have strong evidence that he existed, if I talk about Lafayette Ronald Hubbart we have evidence of his existence and many other elements.

After it is a question of power, of terrorism (in the broadest sense, there is notably intellectual terrorism), of the number of followers, of propaganda, and of conditioning (which can notably be educational).

Edited by Jean-Kevin
I meant we talk not we're talking

35 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Why is Scientology not taken seriously, but other religions are?

Well, they're all nuts but I see your point.  Not taking some of them seriously can have serious consequences.  You could lose your freedom.  Or your head.

And try mocking Haida or Rastafari beliefs, for instance,  the same way people do Tom Cruise's, and see how far that gets you.

Or those nutjobs that worship Prince Philip.  I suppose they'll worship Charles now.

34 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, they're all nuts but I see your point.  Not taking some of them seriously can have serious consequences.  You could lose your freedom.  Or your head.

And try mocking Haida or Rastafari beliefs, for instance,  the same way people do Tom Cruise's, and see how far that gets you.

Or those nutjobs that worship Prince Philip.  I suppose they'll worship Charles now.

Quiet down, you Republican bastard!

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    paradox34

• SkyHigh earned a badge
      Posting Machine
    • SkyHigh went up a rank
      Proficient
    • gatomontes99 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • gatomontes99 went up a rank