Trump scams his faithful again.

There's a paygate and I can't be bothered going through my cookies to delete the pertinent ones to make it go away.

Offer a quote.

From the opening sentence which I can see though it looks like it's that business about how Democrats and their stenographers in the media don't think people who donated to the Trump campaign would want the money to go anywhere else or something.

If there's a quote to that effect I'd like to see it. If not, so what?

17 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

There's a paygate and I can't be bothered going through my cookies to delete the pertinent ones to make it go away.

Offer a quote.

From the opening sentence which I can see though it looks like it's that business about how Democrats and their stenographers in the media don't think people who donated to the Trump campaign would want the money to go anywhere else or something.

If there's a quote to that effect I'd like to see it. If not, so what?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/03/trump-money-bomb-scheme-republican-fundraising-2020

Clicking the Times article link in the Guardian article should take through the pay wall. 

Edited by Aristides

"Unlike ActBlue, which is a nonprofit, WinRed is a for-profit company. It makes its money by taking 30 cents of every donation, plus 3.8 percent of the amount given."

holly fuck.

buyer beware i guess with the old Trump donations. i here he can't wait to get that super PAC in gear!

luxury real estate is for losers!

Edited by godzilla

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

"Unlike ActBlue, which is a nonprofit, WinRed is a for-profit company. It makes its money by taking 30 cents of every donation, plus 3.8 percent of the amount given."

holly fuck.

ActBlue charges a 4% (rounded off) processsing fee.

Holy Fuck!

Document displayed at 5:20 of video below:

Edited by Infidel Dog

"Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.

“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election."

"But for some Trump supporters like Ron Wilson, WinRed is a scam artist. Mr. Wilson, an 87-year-old retiree in Illinois, made a series of small contributions last fall that he thought would add up to about $200; by December, federal records show, WinRed and Mr. Trump’s committees had withdrawn more than 70 separate donations from Mr. Wilson worth roughly $2,300."

“Bandits!” said Victor Amelino, a 78-year-old Californian, who made a $990 online donation to Mr. Trump in early September via WinRed. It recurred seven more times — adding up to almost $8,000. “I’m retired. I can’t afford to pay all that damn money.”

Be proud Trumpsters, you must love negative option billing.

Edited by Aristides

@Shady @OftenWrong @Infidel Dog

1 in 10 donors demanded refunds because they thought they were making a one-time donation but Trump had the checkbox for WEEKLY recurring donations pre-checked and hidden in the fine print   Like a true sleaze 

Once again proof he doesn’t have any “working class values”.  

Edited by BeaverFever

17 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

@Shady @OftenWrong @Infidel Dog

1 in 10 donors demanded refunds because they thought they were making a one-time donation but Trump had the checkbox for WEEKLY recurring donations pre-checked and hidden in the fine print   Like a true sleaze 

Once again proof he doesn’t have any “working class values”.  

Complete nonsense.  His policies were great for the working class.  Democrats are the party of the rich and the globalists.  A donation issue doesn’t change the destructive middle class policies of libtards.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2021 at 11:03 PM, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.  His policies were great for the working class.  Democrats are the party of the rich and the globalists.  A donation issue doesn’t change the destructive middle class policies of libtards.

Ha hardly!  Saying Trump was great for the working class isn’t just untrue, it’s more opposite-of-reality delusion like saying Hitler was great for Jews. Trump has waged a war on the working class that is straight from the Republican textbook:

Billions in Tax cuts for the rich and corporations wasn’t great for the working class  

Cancelling net neutrality so internet providers can control how you use your internet connection wasn’t great for the working class  

Allowing more brain-damaging chemicals in the drinking water wasn’t great for the working class (more brain damage will help grow  the Republican base though)

Blocking a law that prevented financial advisors from misleading their customers and mismanaging their retirement savings wasn’t great for the working class. 

Rolling back over 100 restrictions on corporations poisoning people’s air, water and food wasn’t great for the working class 

Attacks on Obamacare that have resulted in millions of Americans losing their health insurance and higher costs for everyone else wasn’t great for the working class 

Cancelling overtime pay for 8 million workers wasn’t great for the working class. 

Relaxing safety rules for coal mines wasn’t great for the working class. Especially since another Republican troll, Don Blankenship, falsified his mine’s safety records, which ultimately killed 29 miners in one of America’s deadliest mine blasts and got away with it. 

Issuing dozens of policies that made it easier to award federal contracts to corporations that are repeat violators of wage laws, sexual harassment laws, racial discrimination laws, or laws protecting workers’ right to unionize wasn’t great for the working class  

Canceling and reducing requirements for employers to report or make public workplace injuries wasn’t great for the working class  

Rolling back rules that prevent payday lenders from preying on desperate borrowers wasn’t great for the working class  

Presiding over the longest period without a minimum wage increase wasn’t great for the working class  

Appointing judges and justices who nearly always side with corporate bosses over workers wasn’t great for the working class  

Cutting billions from Social Security Disability Insurance in the middle of a pandemic wasn’t great for the working class  

This is only a partial list

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 2