Jump to content

Is Ontario government putting economy ahead of health of Ontarians?


Recommended Posts

The answer in my view is YES. They ended the lockdown too soon and now that the number of new cases is rapidly increasing they refuse to go back into lockdown in fact they have relaxed restrictions past week.  Some cities like Toronto and Ottawa are reporting rapid growth in new cases past few days. Lockdown is needed more than any other time since Eastern holidays is coming in a few days and we all remember what happened the last time we had a (Christmas) break.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The question would be, without a vaccinated public, is there any ability for us to have a functioning economy. 

Toronto and Peel haven't had a fully functioning economy since November, yet they're still, by far, the leading driver in case-counts. 

AND if you dig deeper into the distribution, you find that it's a socio-economic issue. Places that have higher infection rates are places with a lower income population where people work in front-line jobs in shared living arrangements. 

My hope is the good weather saves us. People will move public interactions outdoors more. Like what happened last year. 

I think a further lockdown would just be met with an EFF-YOU to most of the province. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time to lockdown again for a short period of time till venerable population is vaccinated. DO IT NOW!!!!

A new briefing note from a panel of science experts advising the Ontario government on COVID-19 shows a province at a tipping point.

Variants that are more deadly are circulating widely, new daily infections have reached the same number at the height of the second wave, and the number of people hospitalized is now more than 20 per cent higher than at the start of the last provincewide lockdown, states an analysis from Ontario's COVID-19 science advisory table.

"Right now in Ontario, the pandemic is completely out of control.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-ontario-is-responding-covid-19?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1P7H-d_16QIVkonICh2T-QjFEAAYASABEgLCB_D_BwE#section-0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Time to lockdown again for a short period of time till venerable population is vaccinated. DO IT NOW!!!!

A new briefing note from a panel of science experts advising the Ontario government on COVID-19 shows a province at a tipping point.

Variants that are more deadly are circulating widely, new daily infections have reached the same number at the height of the second wave, and the number of people hospitalized is now more than 20 per cent higher than at the start of the last provincewide lockdown, states an analysis from Ontario's COVID-19 science advisory table.

"Right now in Ontario, the pandemic is completely out of control.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-ontario-is-responding-covid-19?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1P7H-d_16QIVkonICh2T-QjFEAAYASABEgLCB_D_BwE#section-0

Province-wide is bullshit. Hopefully meathead won't do it. There are hundreds of small towns that have no covid, so they shouldn't need a lockdown. Let them remain open with some superficial measures, the masks and cleaning fluid. That should be enough to get health-security chivattos off our backs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Time to lockdown again for a short period of time till venerable population is vaccinated. DO IT NOW!!!!

Also heard that many seniors are not getting the vaccine yet. One reason is due to confusion about the vaccine. Every day is a different flip-flop. So-called health experts have flip-flopped 3 times on Astrazenica already. If I were getting the vaccine I'd make damn sure it's something other than AZ, but they probably don't tell you which one it is until you're getting it.

Now all those people who were diligent and went first and got the AZ, are shitting in their pants I think.
Thanks to the health-security chivattos... given directives by board-room administrators, people who study flow charts and bar graphs. They have no knowledge or experience in this. Lost fools... the evidence speaks for itself.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Also heard that many seniors are not getting the vaccine yet. One reason is due to confusion about the vaccine. Every day is a different flip-flop. So-called health experts have flip-flopped 3 times on Astrazenica already. If I were getting the vaccine I'd make damn sure it's something other than AZ, but they probably don't tell you which one it is until you're getting it.

Now all those people who were diligent and went first and got the AZ, are shitting in their pants I think.
Thanks to the health-security chivattos... given directives by board-room administrators, people who study flow charts and bar graphs. They have no knowledge or experience in this. Lost fools... the evidence speaks for itself.

Yes these so called experts screwed up real bad. They lost my confidence long time ago and likely now they have lost public confidence as every day they advise something differently contradicting their own previous advice. Take NACI for example, Last month they advised AstraZeneca should not be used on people age 65 and older and then they said it is okay for 65 or older and now they say AstraZeneca should not be used on people 55 or younger. What the hell!!!!!!

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes these so called experts screwed up real bad. They lost my confidence long time ago and likely now they have lost public confidence as every day they advise something differently contradicting their own previous advice. Take NACI for example, Last month they advised AstraZeneca should not be used on people age 65 and older and then they said it is okay for 65 or older and now they say AstraZeneca should not be used on people 55 or younger. What the hell!!!!!!

Read between the loins. ;)

I hear desperation... our asses are being screwed.

Edited by OftenWrong
clarified statement
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Province-wide is bullshit. Hopefully meathead won't do it. There are hundreds of small towns that have no covid, so they shouldn't need a lockdown. Let them remain open with some superficial measures, the masks and cleaning fluid. That should be enough to get health-security chivattos off our backs.

Yes but they should lock down many hotspots in Ontario like Toronto, Ottawa and Peel immediately. What are they waiting for? More deaths or thousands more sick people or flooded hospitals and ICUs? We are already there. Lockdown now for a short time till vaccine rollout hits venerable segment of population.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 12:21 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The answer in my view is YES. They ended the lockdown too soon and now that the number of new cases is rapidly increasing they refuse to go back into lockdown in fact they have relaxed restrictions past week.  Some cities like Toronto and Ottawa are reporting rapid growth in new cases past few days. Lockdown is needed more than any other time since Eastern holidays is coming in a few days and we all remember what happened the last time we had a (Christmas) break.

You must be one poor brainwashed fool. You must sit in front of the TV all day long and keep listening to propaganda and brainwashing being put out by your dear comrade leaders, the fake and lying media like CTV, CBC and GloBull, and those so called health over paid tax funded bureaucrats. 

I wish that people like you would just stay at home forever and wait until your time is up. More and more Canadians are starting to wake up slowly but surely that they have been buffooned by their dear Canadian comrade leaders, the media, and the so called health experts. 

It's time to end forced mask wearing, social distancing, quarantining and lock downs here in Canada like so many other American(16)states have done so far. I want Fun to be brought back again and to get our old normal lives back unlike you who appears to just want to keep this Covid 1984 hoax alive and well. 

So, stay at home and lock yourself down and leave the rest of us non believers alone who only want to get back out there and get back to their old normal lives. We do not want to play your silly ass Covid 1984 game anymore. Just keep listening to CTV, CBC and GloBull for all of your brainwashing news. They will continue to keep you in your constant state of panic and fear and paranoia over nothing. So, enjoy your self isolation in your basement. Good bye.  :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ontario is sinking in covid and these officials are always too damn late to act and hence not only Ontario fails to avoid wave after wave but it always hit worst and have a more prolong closures and lockdowns because Ontario government is always one step behind and do not act decisively and timely.

 

LOCKDOWN NOW ONTARIO in hotspots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You have very serious psychological issues taxme so I am not going to give slightest credibility to to your posts and responses or even much worse to respond to them.

That's funny because I do believe that people who still believe in this Covid 1984 foolishness after 12 months do have psychological issues. Funny but I have no problem with the posts that I put up here. Lol.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Ontario is sinking in covid and these officials are always too damn late to act and hence not only Ontario fails to avoid wave after wave but it always hit worst and have a more prolong closures and lockdowns because Ontario government is always one step behind and do not act decisively and timely.

 

LOCKDOWN NOW ONTARIO in hotspots.

Again, you are living in a constant state of fear and panic and paranoia and especially lies. When your dear comrade politicians want the numbers to go up they can easily set the PCR bar higher to make it appear as though the numbers are on the rise. It's all pure bull chit but yet there are still people like you that will never get it. If your dear leaders, the media and those so called health officials say this is so then it must be true. Woke up, lefty. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Well eventually they decided to shut down all of Ontario but fell short of stay home order for which their own modelling showed to be very effective. As usual decision makers (Ontario government) is too little and too late.

It should be noted that the regions of Toronto and Peel have been effectively in stay-at-home orders since December 2020 until now. Can you imagine? Someone told me today it's the longest sustained government shutdown of any country in the world. I don't know if it's true, but it wouldn't be a great record for Canada to hold.

There's little doubt in my mind that shutdowns are not effective, based on above. These regions have been horse-hammered now for about 4 months, yet it is there that the virus prevails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This guy echoes my case, re Toronto being in a perpetual shutdown. Since November 2020, actually! And after today-

Quote

for areas that represent the largest part of the problem, the only real change is that the recently-allowed restaurant patios will be closed again.

Link

It should be noted that said patios were outdoor only. Not even double-spaced is allowed. Not even just two tables.

Not even one...

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 3:21 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The answer in my view is YES. They ended the lockdown too soon and now that the number of new cases is rapidly increasing they refuse to go back into lockdown in fact they have relaxed restrictions past week.  Some cities like Toronto and Ottawa are reporting rapid growth in new cases past few days. Lockdown is needed more than any other time since Eastern holidays is coming in a few days and we all remember what happened the last time we had a (Christmas) break.

You would be right if covid was the only health issue.  But it’s not.  Lockdowns lead to many other health problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

New Covid infections have peaked to over 3000 a day and many dead in Ontario all thanks to indecisiveness and lack of timely and proper action by this Ontario government. These people clearly put the economy over the lives and safety of Ontarians.

Complete nonsense.

 

CD0B316C-DB5F-4F60-8D2B-64995AF6A307.png

Edited by Shady
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Over 4000 new covid-19 cases were reported in Ontario today and increasing all because the Ontario government was too damn late to take steps to limit the spread. The restrictions don't go far enough as many activities are permitted. Too little Too late would describe it best.

What we need is a total and complete lockdown for two weeks (a circuit breaker). People should be given 48 hours to do their grocery and meds and then a two week complete and total curfew, These are real people not just numbers. Very sad.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Over 4000 new covid-19 cases were reported in Ontario today and increasing all because the Ontario government was too damn late to take steps to limit the spread. The restrictions don't go far enough as many activities are permitted. Too little Too late would describe it best.

What we need is a total and complete lockdown for two weeks (a circuit breaker). People should be given 48 hours to do their grocery and meds and then a two week complete and total curfew, These are real people not just numbers. Very sad.

Complete nonsense.  We had 4000+ cases in December as well.  It’s not all about cases and it’s not all about covid.  

4B169183-92DF-4D2D-8505-733FBF9D8E48.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...