Jump to content

Erin O'Toole = Patrick Brown


Recommended Posts

On 3/31/2021 at 3:32 PM, blackbird said:

One reason I don't support Erin O'toole is because he said he believes climate change (man-made) is real and the debate is over.  The debate is far from over.   There are countless people who don't believe in the hoax.  If you want a party that believes in man-made climate change, you already have the other four parties, Liberal, NDP, Green, and Bloc.  Canadians should have a party to vote for who don't believe in this scam.  O'Toole has turned off a lot of conservative supporters.

Part of the story.

We, Canadians, know alot about the environment - and how to conserve it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2021 at 4:09 PM, Argus said:

Climate change is unquestionably true. The only debate is what to do about it.

Climate Change is like Astrology or Marxist Theory or Freudian Dreams: You can change the theory to suit the result.

Argus,

Have you ever heard of Karl Popper?

If "Climate change is unquestionably true", can a proponent make a specific prediction/hypothesis, and test it for all to see?

If not, I suspect that "Climate Change" is another false belief like "Eugenics".

===

I preferred the hypothesis/term "Global Warming". This was testable.

I also prefer references to "Carbon Dioxide Tax".  

Edited by August1991
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2021 at 9:21 PM, August1991 said:

Part of the story.

We, Canadians, know alot about the environment - and how to conserve it.

 

Doing something to protect the local environment such as cleaning up and preventing garbage being dumped where it shouldn't be is one thing.  Throwing the people's money away and scamming people to try to change the climate is a ludicrous waste.  It's the biggest scam in history.  Nobody can change or control the weather or climate.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 11:44 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Not many on here, if any, praise Trudeau.  He's generally defended as 'least worst' though and I'm not saying even that is accurate.

From what I heard his rating has gone up big time with the way he handled the pandemic.  I prefer him to any other options we had or have.  I will vote for him again , no problem, as I see nothing out there to defend my interests.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Nobody can change or control the weather or climate.

As a population of over 8 billion fossil fuel thirsty idiots we can, as attested by actual climate change.

However I agree that the carbon tax is a money grab that does nothing to protect anything.

Weaning people off pickup trucks, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, planes and helicopters while making them use their own two feet, bicycles or small electric vehicles can go a long way.

Producing high quality durable goods LOCALLY that get repaired or recycled , rather than thrown away can also go a long way.

Stopping this mass importation of locust type people from overpopulated countries to strip our resources and further damage our forests and waters can also go a long way.

There are many measure we can take, but only if we were a nation of reasonable people supporting one another and acting as a group; which we are not.

Edited by cougar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cougar said:

As a population of over 8 billion fossil fuel thirsty idiots we can, as attested by actual climate change.

However I agree that the carbon tax is a money grab that does nothing to protect anything.

Weaning people off pickup trucks, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, planes and helicopters while making them use their own two feet, bicycles or small electric vehicles can go a long way.

Producing high quality durable goods LOCALLY that get repaired or recycled , rather than thrown away can also go a long way.

Stopping this mass importation of locust type people from overpopulated countries to strip our resources and further damage our forests and waters can also go a long way.

There are many measure we can take, but only if we were a nation of reasonable people supporting one another and acting as a group; which we are not.

Nothing done on a national scale will have any real effect on climate change.  I can see banning (never mind weaning off) any kind of recreational use of fossil fuels, like snowmobiles, ATVs, dirt bikes, etc, but if that's just Canada, it won't make any difference.

Love the goods production idea, as the throw away society we have now drives me nuts, (600,000km and counting on the Matrix) but without worldwide cooperation that's not going to happen either.

Those locust type people might have nothing left to strip where they live, but that would be due to our proclivity for throw away goods, snowmobiles and dirt bikes, and junk food.  Not forgetting we probably went in like locust type people to wherever it is they live at some point in the past.

I would replace the word "nation", with the word "species" in your last sentence, and consider it bang on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, cougar said:

As a population of over 8 billion fossil fuel thirsty idiots we can, as attested by actual climate change.

However I agree that the carbon tax is a money grab that does nothing to protect anything.

Weaning people off pickup trucks, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, planes and helicopters while making them use their own two feet, bicycles or small electric vehicles can go a long way.

Producing high quality durable goods LOCALLY that get repaired or recycled , rather than thrown away can also go a long way.

Stopping this mass importation of locust type people from overpopulated countries to strip our resources and further damage our forests and waters can also go a long way.

There are many measure we can take, but only if we were a nation of reasonable people supporting one another and acting as a group; which we are not.

I like to ride my 2WD ATV once in a while.  I may go out this afternoon for a short ride in the forested hills on a dirt or gravel road.  It won't affect the environment or climate change.  If you want to believe in a hoax that's your choice.  Only Marxist-minded people want to control everyone else's life and take away our freedom.  What makes it worse is they want to tax and control other people for nothing because it will make no difference to the climate.  Such politicians  are Marxist oppressors.  The dumb masses believe their lies.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cougar said:

From what I heard his rating has gone up big time with the way he handled the pandemic. 

He didn't handle the pandemic. He ignored it and treated it as a PR issue until cities were closing down. Then his government belatedly started ordering PPE gear while saying no one should wear masks and that closing the border would be 'racist'. His government was against testing at the airports and never supervised or policed the quarantine for those coming in. That caused us to be flooded with the variants which are killing people and shutting down cities now.

What you mean is he gave you money.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

 It won't affect the environment or climate change.

Totally wrong.  It does affect the environment and it is an unnecessary burning of fuel. Take you mountain bike along next time.

[quote]Only Marxist-minded people want to control everyone else's life and take away our freedom.[/quote]

Again wrong.  You are controlled by the large capitalist entities - banks and businesses and the government which they control.

[quote] The dumb masses believe their lies. [/quote]   And wrong again.  Masses do not believe in carbon taxes but have no choice

Gee, you have to change your screen name from blackbird to alwayswrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Argus said:

What you mean is he gave you money.

Exactly! But not to me, but to those people who believe he handled the pandemic well.

What is your take on it?  You think this was wrong and he shouldn't have given anything to anyone just so we enter into a recession and a house market crisis faster?

He did what he could.   When you look around the world the different nations fared about the same.  All are losers; COVID cases are rising everywhere.

Maybe you could have done something smarter but...I doubt it.

 

Edited by cougar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cougar said:

Exactly! But not to me, but to those people who believe he handled the pandemic well.

What is your take on it?  You think this was wrong and he shouldn't have given anything to anyone just so we enter into a recession and a house market crisis faster?

I think that the lockdowns would not have had to be so extended and repeated if he had handled the pandemic better. And I think we wasted money by spraying it around with firehoses, spending more than any other nation.

9 hours ago, cougar said:

He did what he could.   When you look around the world the different nations fared about the same.  All are losers; COVID cases are rising everywhere.

Maybe you could have done something smarter but...I doubt it.

No. All are NOT losers. Asia has come through this fine. There are way more deaths in Canada than in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan COMBINED.

And yes, I would have handled it better. And I can say that without hindsight. Back in January of last year I was paying attention to China. I ordered a bunch of N95 masks as well as a P100 halfmask with spare filters and nitrile gloves. Therefore I can say I would have called in my health people and asked what our situation was with masks and other PPE gear, how much we had, how much we would need if this thing got here. Which I expected to happen. When the public health agency was saying the risk to Canadians was minimal I would have demanded an explanation and then overruled them once I heard their idiotic justification. I would have closed the border to planes from China and ordered health checks, and then quarantines on those coming in, and would have quickly expanded that to Italy and other countries once the disease started hitting there. I also would have started working on producing PPE gear here, not waited till March to put out feelers, and would have gotten quickly involved in vaccine efforts with an eye on producing them in Canada.

THAT is what I would have thrown money at, at preventing deaths, at preventing the spread of the disease. Not simply at people and businesses to stay home while whatever happened happened.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, cougar said:

Totally wrong.  It does affect the environment and it is an unnecessary burning of fuel. Take you mountain bike along next time.

[quote]Only Marxist-minded people want to control everyone else's life and take away our freedom.[/quote]

Again wrong.  You are controlled by the large capitalist entities - banks and businesses and the government which they control.

[quote] The dumb masses believe their lies. [/quote]   And wrong again.  Masses do not believe in carbon taxes but have no choice

Gee, you have to change your screen name from blackbird to alwayswrong.

No, I couldn't ride a mountain bike because of my heart condition.  Not everyone is in the necessary condition to ride mountain bikes.  So my ATV takes me to places I could not otherwise go.  I enjoy riding it.  That is my choice and is part of freedom.  I hope you are not driving or riding in a motor vehicle because if you are, you are a hypocrite telling other people to use a bike.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

No, I couldn't ride a mountain bike because of my heart condition.  Not everyone is in the necessary condition to ride mountain bikes.  So my ATV takes me to places I could not otherwise go.  I enjoy riding it.  That is my choice and is part of freedom.  I hope you are not driving or riding in a motor vehicle because if you are, you are a hypocrite telling other people to use a bike.

Your heart condition is no excuse.   You want me, the healthy person to walk out there and put up the the noise and noxious fumes of your ATV, because you do not want to walk wherever for as long as your heart allows you to?  And you think everyone else should put up with the same?

Yes, I drive a car, which is not an ATV or a pickup.  When I can get an electric vehicle , I will. No hypocrisy here.

Edited by cougar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Argus said:

And yes, I would have handled it better. And I can say that without hindsight.

:P  One can envy your self confidence.

Canada did what countries around the world did and still do.  There are still lock downs in place more than a year after the pandemic hit.  What is your solution for having those people affected by the lock downs put food on their tables?  Stay at home without food till they expire, maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, cougar said:

Your heart condition is no excuse.   You want me, the healthy person to walk out there and put up the the noise and noxious fumes of your ATV, because you do not want to walk wherever for as long as your heart allows you to?  And you think everyone else should put up with the same?

Yes, I drive a car, which is not an ATV or a pickup.  When I can get an electric vehicle , I will. No hypocrisy here.

My ATV makes no noise and no fumes.  You wouldn't even hear it a couple hundred feet away and the nearest person would be miles.  We are talking about the wilderness, not a park in downtown Toronto.  You can walk wherever you want.  So you are still driving a car and telling people not to ride an ATV.  Lots of hypocrisy there.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cougar said:

:P  One can envy your self confidence.

Canada did what countries around the world did and still do.  There are still lock downs in place more than a year after the pandemic hit.  What is your solution for having those people affected by the lock downs put food on their tables?  Stay at home without food till they expire, maybe?

Very few lockdowns in Asia. Because they guarded their borders and kept the new variants from getting in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

My ATV makes no noise and no fumes.  You wouldn't even hear it a couple hundred feet away and the nearest person would be miles.  We are talking about the wilderness, not a park in downtown Toronto.  You can walk wherever you want.  So you are still driving a car and telling people not to ride an ATV.  Lots of hypocrisy there.

OK, if your ATV makes no noise, does not go off the roads to ruin the plants and make a mess, has little emissions, I will accept it!

What I do not accept is the noise guys on ATV's snowmobiles , boats , helicopters and planes make all over the place EVERY DAY of the week.   I wish I had an RPG launcher to take down all helicopters hovering over my head on a Saturday and Sunday in my wilderness recreation activities!

It should not be allowed for those to run on weekends!  It should not be allowed for one or two people to destroy the peace and quite of hundreds or thousands of people and wildlife!

Edited by cougar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, cougar said:

OK, if your ATV makes no noise, does not go off the roads to ruin the plants and make a mess, has little emissions, I will accept it!

What I do not accept is the noise guys on ATV's snowmobiles , boats , helicopters and planes make all over the place EVERY DAY of the week.   I wish I had an RPG launcher to take down all helicopters hovering over my head on a Saturday and Sunday in my wilderness recreation activities!

It should not be allowed for those to run on weekends!  It should not be allowed for one or two people to destroy the peace and quite of hundreds or thousands of people and wildlife!

I don't know what kind of wilderness you are speaking about or where you go, but where I live and other places I have lived, there are very few people encountered in the wilderness.  There are very few ATVs, snowmobiles and what few there are, don't bother me.  The traffic on the highways is the problem.  Too much traffic sometimes.  One place I lived, I had an area several square kilometres with bush roads all to myself, where I cross-country skied in the winter and road my ATV in the spring and summer.  It was only a few km from home.  Occasionally in the winter there might be a snowmobile go through the area and only very rarely in years did I see anyone else with an ATV in that area.  The snowmobile was actually good because it made a trail in the snow for me to cross country ski on.  I rarely saw anyone else in the whole area.  It was fantastic.  I wish I'd stayed there.  If you want that, you will have to move to a sparsely populated part of the province, usually further north.  I like to live and let live.  There are no helicopters or planes anywhere in the area.  

The biggest problem as far as noise is concerned is in town with guys with Harley motorcycles, pickup trucks, and cars with mufflers and motors designed to make as much noise and possible.  They seem to like to occasionally rev up in a quiet neighbourhood and roar off in a cloud of dust. This can really rattle the nerves when you are not expecting it.  But the town and local government seem to accept it as normal so who am I to say anything about it.  I can't change anything anyway and just have to live with it.

If you have a lot of noise from ATVs, boats, snowmobiles, planes and helicopters, you are living in the wrong place.  I would advise, if you move, move far from that area to a very lightly populated part of the country if you can.  Maybe take a holiday and explore some more remote parts of provinces and learn about them first.  If you can work in such an area, you may be able to find a more peaceful area.  I discovered such an area while travelling long ago, and eventually moved there.  It was great for several decades.  I made the mistake of leaving it and moving back to a larger, populated place.  

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't know what kind of wilderness you are speaking about or where you go, but where I live and other places I have lived, there are very few people encountered in the wilderness. 

I live in the wilderness where there are things to take.  A wilderness where people are flown in to fish pristine waters and observe glaciers and mountain peaks from the sky.  Helicopters exploring the area to then go back and take down what can be sold to China!  I am sick of it!   My rivers are flowing mud because of bank erosion after the clear cuts!  I would take down those fucking helicopters if I could.  This is my home....

2018_KITW_03.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cougar said:

I live in the wilderness where there are things to take.  A wilderness where people are flown in to fish pristine waters and observe glaciers and mountain peaks from the sky.  Helicopters exploring the area to then go back and take down what can be sold to China!  I am sick of it!   My rivers are flowing mud because of bank erosion after the clear cuts!  I would take down those fucking helicopters if I could.  This is my home....

2018_KITW_03.jpg

That is beautiful.  Looks similar to where I lived for 27 years and would go back.  I had mountains like that and rivers too.  There were beautiful wilderness lakes where you could go fishing and have the lake to yourself.  You should be able to enjoy living in that area.  I may be too old now and not in good enough health to go back, but am still thinking about it sometimes.  This area I am in does have some wilderness, but logging companies have gates blocking access to a lot of areas.  So it is not as good as up north.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

That is beautiful.  Looks similar to where I lived for 27 years and would go back.  I had mountains like that and rivers too.  There were beautiful wilderness lakes where you could go fishing and have the lake to yourself.  You should be able to enjoy living in that area.

I am trying to enjoy it.  But the greed is all around and the forests disappear.  I have been here for about 9 years now and I see the changes over those 9 years.  The changes over the past 50 years would be TREMENDOUS!  It hurts me.  I am an immigrant; you'd think I shouldn't care, but I do, and it hurts me big time.  I am getting old too, but I am in shape to go anywhere, at all altidutes and do better than most 20 year olds.  I guess cougars don't get old; just die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...