Do you think the petition on Rebel Media to BRING BACK HARPER has merit?

3 hours ago, Right To Left said:

It's up to you guys to decide what you're going to do with your conservative party. But, I'd say that CPC has painted itself so far into a windowless corner with no escape, that there's no way to turn it into a winning party again....unless everyone east of the Manitoba...possibly even Alberta border loses their vote or moves to the US, Europe or elsewhere. 

Because the problem all started with Harper and his western (OIL) focus. 

If climate change didn't exist...or would not happen till far off in the future, and the US had no other sources of domestic or imported oil, maybe Alberta's tarsands would be worth enough to justify the high costs of production, and a conservative leader may have gotten away with putting all the focus on tarsands production. 

But, whether lying, dishonest rags like Rebel News will admit it or not, the only way oil production and exports resume today is if the Federal Government directly subsidizes Alberta's tarsands infrastructure and sells dilbit at heavy oil prices!

If the rest of Canada is going to have to subsidize Alberta, it would be better to do it through direct transfer payments, rather than giving billions to the dirtiest oil production methods in the world! 

That's what Harper, his friends and the bottom-feeders at Rebel media are getting some or all of their income from, but it would be better to end it for financial and environmental reasons, rather than dragging this dirty white elephant on into the future over the coming decades! 

The west would be better off to seek sovereignty because central and east are full of liberals and Marxists who have fallen for the man-made climate change scam.  All they want to do is shut down our valuable oil industry and scam us with carbon taxes.  I don't think O'Toole has much chance with all the eastern Liberals and Marxists running things or should I say ruining things.  Too many suckers believe all the Marxist U.N. climate change nonsense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

If you look at the places that Trudeau brings immigrants, like the middle east and Africa, you will see that's where most of the hate is.  Tribalism in Africa and the middle east is what rules.  They also have endless wars, revolutions, and fighting.  Multiculturalism is a failure and a myth.  Trudeau never promoted peace.  He does exactly the opposite by generating hate.  He is the big divider by constantly telling Canadians they are full of racism, and forcing multiculturalism down everyone's throat and telling Canadians they committed genocide against natives.  The CBC and CTV are the biggest promoters of the liberal agenda.

Immigrants come from all over the world and not just middle east and Africa and the ratio from those regions was more or less same during Harper era (Harper wanted to take Syrians too but less in numbers). I have come across far more oriental and Latin and European immigrants than middle eastern myself. What Trudeau needs to do is to cut down on numbers and give a chance for new immigrants to integrate and adopt to new home and more importantly be a lot more selective so that those hateful individuals who by the way are not limited to middle east or Africa (like those neo Nazi gangsters in Europe and rapists in Serbia) do not have the chance to come over, settle and become citizens.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Immigrants come from all over the world and not just middle east and Africa and the ratio from those regions was more or less same during Harper era (Harper wanted to take Syrians too but less in numbers). I have come across far more oriental and Latin and European immigrants than middle eastern myself. What Trudeau needs to do is to cut down on numbers and give a chance for new immigrants to integrate and adopt to new home and more importantly be a lot more selective so that those hateful individuals who by the way are not limited to middle east or Africa (like those neo Nazi gangsters in Europe and rapists in Serbia) do not have the chance to come over, settle and become citizens.

Did you know the Vatican and their supporters in Croatia committed genocide against the Serbians during WW2 and killed 700,000 Eastern Orthodox people there.  Priests took off their priestly clothing and joined the Ustashi. The military group who did it was called the Ustashi.  This has been covered up and is not well known.  If you want to read a book free online about it, Google "Vatican Holocaust" by Avro Manhattan.  It is fully documented with names, photographs and details. 

We need less immigrants from countries which are hostile to western culture and more people from Europe and western countries, not because of skin colour, but because of different ideologies, religious beliefs, and lack of human rights belief.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The book I mentioned is called "The Vatican's Holocaust" by Avro Manhattan.  There is another book describing the same genocide but it is a foreign language.  It is called "The Yugoslav Auschwitz and the Vatican: The Croatian Massacre of the Serbs"  by di Vladimir Dedijer (a cura di), Harvey L. Kendall (Traduttore)

The Serbs have that massacre burned into their memory, not that it is any justification for anything.  But is was monstrous crime against them.

I just found an online version through Google.  

The Vatican' (reformation.org)

Vatican's Holocaust.jpg

Edited by blackbird

9 hours ago, blackbird said:

We need less immigrants from countries which are hostile to western culture and more people from Europe and western countries, not because of skin colour, but because of different ideologies, religious beliefs, and lack of human rights belief.

At last We found something to agree upon!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

As I mentioned before all religions have their share of atrocities some more than others and I think you confirmed my statements.

Yes, and as I said the information about this 20th century genocide by the Vatican has been covered up.  Why?  Because most of the western world are followers of the Vatican and papacy and believe the Pope is God's ordained spiritual leader.  True Christianity is only as the true God in the Bible has revealed it, not fallible men.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Yes, and as I said the information about this 20th century genocide by the Vatican has been covered up.  Why?  Because most of the western world are followers of the Vatican and papacy and believe the Pope is God's ordained spiritual leader.  True Christianity is only as the true God in the Bible has revealed it, not fallible men.

So if you agree with me that all religions have their share of evil and crime then why you so strongly advocate the so called Judeo-Christian culture and so afraid of losing it? Lets lose all of them then.

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

So if you agree with me that all religions have their share of evil and crime then why you so strongly advocate the so called Judeo-Christian culture and so afraid of losing it? Lets lose all of them then.

Because Judeo-Christianity brought higher principles such as a civilized, democratic society, with human rights to the west.  One of the teachings of Christ and the Bible is to love thy neighbour and to have respect for the sanctity of life and for the individual's God-given rights.   Bad historical events and criminal behavior by some within the west do not change this fact.  This does not exist in the rest of the world.  We are still living in the best part of the world, but we don't want to wreck it by turning it into a third world culture of civilization.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, blackbird said:

The west would be better off to seek sovereignty because central and east are full of liberals and Marxists who have fallen for the man-made climate change scam.  All they want to do is shut down our valuable oil industry and scam us with carbon taxes.  I don't think O'Toole has much chance with all the eastern Liberals and Marxists running things or should I say ruining things.  Too many suckers believe all the Marxist U.N. climate change nonsense.

And, I bet you would just expect the Federal Gov. in Ottawa (Lib, Con, NDP even...doesn't matter which) to just lie down and accept the breakup of Canada that was refused 150 years ago! 

It's not going to happen easy unless our US overlords decide it is better for their interests to break Canada down into smaller, more easily controlled pieces. BUT, US geopolitical strategists only prefer this strategy against difficult enemies and potential economic rivals. And that's why American Neocons and their allied sycophants all of a sudden become concerned about human rights in Russia, China, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Iran, Iraq, Crimea, but NOT in murderous narco-states like Columbia, Peru, Honduras, El Salvador etc., even when the bastards put in charge of these countries by the CIA are running cocaine-trafficking pipelines right into the US.!

As for Canada, I can't recall any US leaders or top federal officials saying anything in favor of separatist movements in Quebec/ let alone the idiot greedy hicks out west, who start squawking about their taxes and transfer payments every time they think someone else is going to get a better deal! 

Unless Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes turns into an economic wasteland that the US doesn't see of any value, they will not allow/let alone want the nation they control on their quiet northern border to be destabilized and disrupted by idiot separatists out west or in Quebec!

Just now, Right To Left said:

And, I bet you would just expect the Federal Gov. in Ottawa (Lib, Con, NDP even...doesn't matter which) to just lie down and accept the breakup of Canada that was refused 150 years ago! 

It's not going to happen easy unless our US overlords decide it is better for their interests to break Canada down into smaller, more easily controlled pieces. BUT, US geopolitical strategists only prefer this strategy against difficult enemies and potential economic rivals. And that's why American Neocons and their allied sycophants all of a sudden become concerned about human rights in Russia, China, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Iran, Iraq, Crimea, but NOT in murderous narco-states like Columbia, Peru, Honduras, El Salvador etc., even when the bastards put in charge of these countries by the CIA are running cocaine-trafficking pipelines right into the US.!

As for Canada, I can't recall any US leaders or top federal officials saying anything in favor of separatist movements in Quebec/ let alone the idiot greedy hicks out west, who start squawking about their taxes and transfer payments every time they think someone else is going to get a better deal! 

Unless Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes turns into an economic wasteland that the US doesn't see of any value, they will not allow/let alone want the nation they control on their quiet northern border to be destabilized and disrupted by idiot separatists out west or in Quebec!

Don't know how I forgot to mention America's worst murderous barbaric ally - Saudi Arabia above.....but throw that one on the pile, along with the likeminded oil plutocracies called the UAE and Bahrain.

3 hours ago, Right To Left said:

I don't know if they would lie down and accept separation, but if the people in a province voted to separate, it's probably game over.  Can't see how you can force a province to stay if the people don't agree.  Maybe you have a way to force them to remain.

Edited by blackbird

19 hours ago, blackbird said:

] Bad historical events and criminal behavior by some within the west do not change this fact.  This does not exist in the rest of the world.  We are still living in the best part of the world, but we don't want to wreck it by turning it into a third world culture of civilization.

So you can say same thing for other religions as well in the East. 

Yes I have said it again and again. We must become much more selective in choosing who is coming to Canada. Those who do not have respect for women or other religions and cultures and do not believe in equality of women, religions and races must be filtered out like covid-19 virus. We don't want them here to contaminate our land.

22 hours ago, Right To Left said:

Do you honestly believe Justin current policies are not encouraging the western separatist movement and he is treating them equally ? And as for Quebec, the bloc party has grown in size during Justin reign how do we explain that ? there are dozens of other groups that have been alienated due to Justins polices or the lack off. Gun control, OIL and gas, egg and dairy cartel, most other resource sectors, even the anti gun crowd, the extremist climate control crowd, not to mention a lot of Canadians in reference to the pandemic and how wasteful it is, or the SNC scandal, the WE charity, and Justins climate control policies or should i say the lack of any real action on this front. 

As for the US being called our over lords , i think you put to much emphasis on who runs Canada, the US could not give a sweat f*** what we do or how we do it.... even the worst case scenario,  we turn communist, Canada would not be a threat, When Quebec was on the verge or separating, and Quebec was making demands on what she was entitled to, such as military equipment etc, The Maritimes wanted a back up plan, and thought of jumping ship as well and joining the USA, they told them no, why would they want provinces that had little to offer.... the US had also made plans with Quebec in regards to borders and all the rules that go with that... What the US did do, was seize control of all Quebecs F-18's that were involved in a exercise in the states along with telling the 5th Brigade group (based in Quebec)they could not leave New York state until after the vote was over and it had the outcome that Ottawa wanted. but in reality why would the US cares if Canada was broken apart.

I take it your from Ontario or Quebec, calling the western provinces greedy hicks... when for the last 30 years it has been those same very western provinces that have supported the rest of Canada. The same provinces that people from the Maritimes rely on for work, or did until recently... And now that are asking for a piece of the pie it is a different story, now they are just greedy hicks....and Quebec telling them they don't want any pipe lines going east because they don't like the wests dirty oil, but they love all the rest of the fossil fuels they produce, like propane, natural gas, and yes regular oil pumped out of the ground, and to make up the difference they import oil from Saudi by the billions of dollars worth...

Now thats some kind of messed up..  

4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

So you can say same thing for other religions as well in the East. 

Yes I have said it again and again. We must become much more selective in choosing who is coming to Canada. Those who do not have respect for women or other religions and cultures and do not believe in equality of women, religions and races must be filtered out like covid-19 virus. We don't want them here to contaminate our land.

Just asking why we are setting up these standards for the lack of a better word, when we Canadians can not live up to them. There is currently investigation's ongoing in DND, RCMP, and other federal government departments along with provincial departments such as policing fire departments,  this kind of behavior is not taught in training or for that matter at any time... these behaviors are coming from Canadians, thats where they get their manpower from...And well Justin has already called us all racists so that covers everything else. I think before we start screening people out for bad behaviors we should clean up our own house first. 

Other than that i agree 100 % that we should be more selective in choosing the people we accept into the country, they should be properly vetted, with an in depth identity and criminal check.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Do you honestly believe Justin current policies are not encouraging the western separatist movement and he is treating them equally ? And as for Quebec, the bloc party has grown in size during Justin reign how do we explain that ? there are dozens of other groups that have been alienated due to Justins polices or the lack off. Gun control, OIL and gas, egg and dairy cartel, most other resource sectors, even the anti gun crowd, the extremist climate control crowd, not to mention a lot of Canadians in reference to the pandemic and how wasteful it is, or the SNC scandal, the WE charity, and Justins climate control policies or should i say the lack of any real action on this front. 

I admit that I am not following the whining and complaining from out west very closely after my brief stay in the oil patch (back when oil meant oil/not diluted bitumen). I went out there at a bad time...oil prices had climbed as high as they would ever go, and even in the 70's, it was understood that real oil was running in short supply before it cratered a few years later. 

But, back when prices were high, Alberta (and their little brothers across the border in Saskatchewan) wanted to collect all the profits from foreign sales, which was mostly to the US back then. And we are arguing about the same damn issue today! Federalists....who believe that the federal government should have priority when necessary, over provincial governments, and the provincialists....who dream of their own independent little fiefdoms. Feds don't have a stellar record on dealing with resource management....especially the way they try to favour mining and oil interests over those of natives who live on indigenous lands where resource company geologists find them living on top of, and want to relieve them of their burden with a little cash to help with polluted land and water afterwards.

As for your slap at "egg and dairy cartels", my opinion is biased by having first cousins who own dairy farms in the Georgian Bay/Owen Sound area of Ontario. And their greatest concern isn't that the dairy marketing board will ruin their profit margins, it's the threat of cheap, subsidized dairy imports that Wisconsin and the US gov. wants to force Canada to accept by their interpretation of NAFTA rules. If it wasn't for the bureaucratic marketing boards that nobody really likes/but enough people .... including consumers and farmers consider essential, we would be stuck with the cheap, subsidized crap that Wisconsin wants to ship across the border at us, instead of producing our own by our own rules! 

All of your 'let the market decide' horseshit is why conservatives are playing a losing game today! Most people are nauseated by your non-stop anti-government rants, and know full well that we need government that is controlled by the people and works in the people's interests. And not the interests of the rich, ruling oligarchies who want MONEY to rule, so that those with the most money get to make the rules that everyone else has to live by. Dollaraucracy is coming to an end, and it can't come soon enough! 

As for the US being called our over lords , i think you put to much emphasis on who runs Canada, the US could not give a sweat f*** what we do or how we do it.... even the worst case scenario,  we turn communist, Canada would not be a threat, When Quebec was on the verge or separating, and Quebec was making demands on what she was entitled to, such as military equipment etc, The Maritimes wanted a back up plan, and thought of jumping ship as well and joining the USA, they told them no, why would they want provinces that had little to offer.... the US had also made plans with Quebec in regards to borders and all the rules that go with that... What the US did do, was seize control of all Quebecs F-18's that were involved in a exercise in the states along with telling the 5th Brigade group (based in Quebec)they could not leave New York state until after the vote was over and it had the outcome that Ottawa wanted. but in reality why would the US cares if Canada was broken apart.

Since the fall of the Soviet Union and the ushering in of the New World Order in a Unipolar world, the US has often been perfectly comfortable busting up difficult and intransigent foreign states that don't follow the orders of various kinds.....mostly trade and economic orders. 

This is why the US/NATO allowed Croatian nationalists of all kinds (including former Nazis) to rise up and fight a bloody civil war with the remaining Serbian-dominated Yugoslav Government, and then stood by after Croatia ethnically cleansed all Serbians and other minorities from the eastern region of their new Croatian ethno-state. Then, it was on to Bosnia-Herzegovina ..... where everyone declared that an inability to work out some sort of three party arrangement between Serbians, Croatians and Bosniaks (Muslims) would lead to a chaotic, bloody genocide...because of their were so many rural regions with mixed populations and no clear battle lines. But, nothing was done...except for all the bleating and bellyaching afterwards that, along with allowing a genocide in Rwanda was used as the main excuse to justify today's "humanitarian" interventions that have been even worse than doing nothing!

But, all of the regions where the US and its allies (including Canada btw) have sowed discord and division, are not on our borders! There's a difference between sowing chaos halfway around the world and welcoming it at home. So, don't expect the US response to Quebec separatism or Western separatism to sound any different from Washington than it did a few decades ago! They're going to say 'get your shit together, we don't care what your government looks like, as long as it doesn't change our trade and economic agreements, or allow divisions that foreign actors (always Russians or Chinese) may be able to take advantage of.

I take it your from Ontario or Quebec, calling the western provinces greedy hicks... when for the last 30 years it has been those same very western provinces that have supported the rest of Canada. The same provinces that people from the Maritimes rely on for work, or did until recently... And now that are asking for a piece of the pie it is a different story, now they are just greedy hicks....and Quebec telling them they don't want any pipe lines going east because they don't like the wests dirty oil, but they love all the rest of the fossil fuels they produce, like propane, natural gas, and yes regular oil pumped out of the ground, and to make up the difference they import oil from Saudi by the billions of dollars worth...

Now thats some kind of messed up..  

Maybe Canada isn't the kind of nation those of us in the middle - here in Ontario think it is! Ever since the first separatists started gaining attention 50 years ago, it's been noted that Ontario is the only province with no distinct provincial identity. While Quebecois are Quebec first and Albertans are only Canadian until they don't get everything they want, and then they threaten to leave and file for divorce. 

21 hours ago, blackbird said:

I don't know if they would lie down and accept separation, but if the people in a province voted to separate, it's probably game over.  Can't see how you can force a province to stay if the people don't agree.  Maybe you have a way to force them to remain.

How did the same European Union that recognized Slovenia and Croatia, and later a Kosovar breakaway state from Serbia  immediately after they declared independence? While refusing to recognize an independent Catalonia in more recent times? They even arrested escaping Catalonian politicians who held an "illegal" referendum and returned them to Spain for incarceration and trial on sedition charges. 

Just sayin, no matter which part of the world you're looking at, some peoples are declared to have a right to independence and autonomy, while others are not! 

Is that based on any other reasons besides sheer power, and who does and who does not have it?

2 hours ago, Right To Left said:

How did the same European Union that recognized Slovenia and Croatia, and later a Kosovar breakaway state from Serbia  immediately after they declared independence? While refusing to recognize an independent Catalonia in more recent times? They even arrested escaping Catalonian politicians who held an "illegal" referendum and returned them to Spain for incarceration and trial on sedition charges. 

Just sayin, no matter which part of the world you're looking at, some peoples are declared to have a right to independence and autonomy, while others are not! 

Is that based on any other reasons besides sheer power, and who does and who does not have it?

So you want to run a Communist dictatorship.  No surprise.

1 hour ago, Right To Left said:

You're satisfied with capitalist dictatorship! Enjoy your poverty.

Funny how Socialists and Communists have a sense of entitlement to other people's property.

Communism and Socialism are contrary to the Bible because it is based on stealing, confiscation of property, enslaving people, and denying people their fundamental freedoms.  God gave man the right to own private property.  Unconverted thieves, murderers (Communist in Russia, China), Socialists, and Communists will have their place in hell or the lake of fire as per Revelation.  Followers of those ideologies are facing a lost eternity in hell unless they give it up and be converted according to the gospel.  There are perhaps a million Christians in China who are persecuted by the Communists for their faith. 

Edited by blackbird

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

Funny how Socialists and Communists have a sense of entitlement to other people's property.

Right!! Our system is set up to privilege those who have the greatest wealth, whether inherited or earned by way of the more generous taxation rules accorded to investment income than earned income (The Job Creators....blah blah blah) above those with their noses to the grindstone, slaving away 8 to 10 hours a day doing jobs they endure or totally hate, for 30 or 40 years until ..... hopefully these days, they can afford to retire. And retire before they are broken down and used up wrecks waiting for the Grim Reaper to show up and take them off to the morgue! 

It's the rent seekers, the rentier class who feel a sense of entitlement to other people's property, because they either own it or have a lien on it.

Communism and Socialism are contrary to the Bible because it is based on stealing, confiscation of property, enslaving people, and denying people their fundamental freedoms.  God gave man the right to own private property.  Unconverted thieves, murderers (Communist in Russia, China), Socialists, and Communists will have their place in hell or the lake of fire as per Revelation.  Followers of those ideologies are facing a lost eternity in hell unless they give it up and be converted according to the gospel.  There are perhaps a million Christians in China who are persecuted by the Communists for their faith. 

After decades of being marinated in anti-communist bullshit in the west, it wasn't until a few started arriving from former communist countries on our shores, that we discovered that the collapse was caused internally mostly because of opportunistic subversives in the communist parties, who used the party to advance their own positions and be ready to take advantage once the leaders started 'privatizing' everything in sight. Those who bought up state industries and production facilities were the first generation of ruthless oligarchs, who hired blackmarket traders and gangsters to enforce their competitive advantages. After some of the bastards started dying off or imprisoned by those who had a leg up on them and took institutional power, a calmer, more structured form of capitalism..similar to the west, took over, but maintained the same mafia system of kicking up most of the profits to the top bosses that goes on in western capitalism at an ever-increasing frenzied pace today! 

For those who make up the working classes anywhere behind the former Iron Curtain, only those with money and power have freedom today. And those who complain or try to push back against the bosses get shot as traitors and dissidents, like the former union workers in Nazified Ukraine today, that will remain the Haiti of Europe -- an economic basket case that will remain the poorest nation in Europe for a very long time....essentially when the other Euros have declined to their level of depravity and deprivation. 

As for your Bible bullshit, if you actually read most of the Bible, you would find socialist principles like sharing the wealth equally to be rigidly enforced in Acts Ch. 5, and the rich subject to suspicion and condemnation throughout the Old Testament books. 

What America started doing a hundred years ago...and where you get your religious principles from, is an upside down version of Christianity that worships the rich and scorns the poor / exactly the opposite of what all of the Psalms and Proverbs and New Testament lessons tell their followers to do! 

It will be you and your kind in the Lake of Fire mentioned in Revelation... not the downtrodden who have suffered in this world! 

But, even those of us who don't follow this line of mythology find value in the principles of sharing and giving aid to the poor/and giving the rich a good kick in the ass whenever possible!

22 hours ago, Right To Left said:

I admit that I am not following the whining and complaining from out west very closely after my brief stay in the oil patch (back when oil meant oil/not diluted bitumen). I went out there at a bad time...oil prices had climbed as high as they would ever go, and even in the 70's, it was understood that real oil was running in short supply before it cratered a few years later. 

You must be following something, i mean of all the things you could have said about the west, you decided that greedy rednecks is what described them best. The same place that provided you work in the oil industry....that put food on your table, and no doubt much more. Real oil is still flowing out of the western provinces, Tar sands get all the attention, but there is enough real oil to keep all of Canada supplied for many future generations.

Feds don't have a stellar record on dealing with resource management....especially the way they try to favour mining and oil interests over those of natives who live on indigenous lands where resource company geologists find them living on top of, and want to relieve them of their burden with a little cash to help with polluted land and water afterwards.

I agree 100 % here feds can not run a gang bang in a *****house, and have proven that with many resources, all across this nation. What i disagree is resources on native land, they should be treated like any other land owner in Canada, and they are paid more than a few dollars ask those in favor of the pipe line in BC, and along with the money came jobs and education in the field. as for polluting the water, come on Canada has the highest standards in the world when it comes protecting the environment .  Does it happen all the time, but the owner is responsible for clean up and or compensation.

As for your slap at "egg and dairy cartels", my opinion is biased by having first cousins who own dairy farms in the Georgian Bay/Owen Sound area of Ontario. And their greatest concern isn't that the dairy marketing board will ruin their profit margins, it's the threat of cheap, subsidized dairy imports that Wisconsin and the US gov. wants to force Canada to accept by their interpretation of NAFTA rules

My slap was exactly your point, they were not to happy with how Justin gave up more access to our market...

If it wasn't for the bureaucratic marketing boards that nobody really likes/but enough people .... including consumers and farmers consider essential, we would be stuck with the cheap, subsidized crap that Wisconsin wants to ship across the border at us, instead of producing our own by our own rules! 

How are consumers benefiting from higher milk/ egg prices, how does it benefit the small farm, as milk quotas are purchased and farmers can not produce more than their quota with out large fines, it does benefit large corporate farms that can afford large quotas... And here i thought we had a free market, nope not here, same as grain, wood/lumber, fisheries, etc.  Where you pay the feds for a quota, and all the other taxes they place on it, which eliminates the small guy... As far as the states are concerned, i know a lot of guys here in Fredericton NB that will travel to the states over an hour away and buy dairy products there, because they are better, in taste, price, bring back a trunk full and freeze it.

we already have enough taxes, we don't need to be creating cartels to protect a few large companies... while they set prices at their own will.

23 hours ago, Right To Left said:

This is why the US/NATO allowed Croatian nationalists of all kinds (including former Nazis) to rise up and fight a bloody civil war with the remaining Serbian-dominated Yugoslav Government, and then stood by after Croatia ethnically cleansed all Serbians and other minorities from the eastern region of their new Croatian ethno-state. Then, it was on to Bosnia-Herzegovina ..... where everyone declared that an inability to work out some sort of three party arrangement between Serbians, Croatians and Bosniaks (Muslims) would lead to a chaotic, bloody genocide...because of their were so many rural regions with mixed populations and no clear battle lines. But, nothing was done...except for all the bleating and bellyaching afterwards that, along with allowing a genocide in Rwanda was used as the main excuse to justify today's "humanitarian" interventions that have been even worse than doing nothing!

I served a few tours in the former Yugoslavia, and i think it is a little bit more complicated than you describe , sounds like you got a little Serb in you... I think it was the Serbs that started ethic cleansing, by attacking a civilian town and killing everyone except the oldest female, they left her alive to tell everyone what happened... all sides were guilty of mass killing of women children, old men...it was the wild west for a while not only with organized armies running killing but criminals, gangs, any one with an axe to grind...

The UN created the circumstances which allowed them meaning ( Serbs, Croats, Muslims,) that allowed them to slaughter anyone in wholesale fashion, including the use of concentration camps.... like the world did not get enough of that in WWII.

Our orders from the UN was to observe and record any war crimes, and not to blame everything on the UN the Government of Canada has it's share of the blame as well, Canada sent her soldiers over there to stop the violence, only to find out we could not do that, we could observe and report, even if it meant saving a life... Politics  vs human lives and humans always loss... all that training we received to close with and destroy the enemy and we could not use any of it to help stop the fighting or save a life, one exception Medak pocket,  Once NATO took over and we could use force to stop the killing most if not all the fighting stopped. And when the Serbs found a new enemy in Kosovo, it took NATO fighter planes to bomb the shit out of them to make them stop. of all the war crimes we recorded not one of them stood trail for their actions. and off all the things i have seen in WAR, nothing compares to the evil i witnessed in Bosnia, that includes 3 tours of Afghanistan. 

Maybe Canada isn't the kind of nation those of us in the middle - here in Ontario think it is! Ever since the first separatists started gaining attention 50 years ago, it's been noted that Ontario is the only province with no distinct provincial identity. While Quebecois are Quebec first and Albertans are only Canadian until they don't get everything they want, and then they threaten to leave and file for divorce. 

Other than being full of liberals, Ontario has as much to offer than any other province, it is the industry heartland of Canada, until we sent most of everything to china,  it still full of resources... This country is divided in so many ways and need s a good leader to bring us all together, and Justin has proven already he is not the guy, i mean we can't do worse, but it is time to move on.