Issues with Ontario covid-19 vaccination booking portal on first day

They  knew this is coming for months yet I have been trying to book for my parents all day. I used what was publicized (https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/). After waiting for my turn for online registration I entered all the correct info, checked and double checked but at the end I get the stupid message that "The form has been tampered with"!!!!! What the hell does this mean? Tried many more times and get the same stupid message.

Tried to call the given number many times and it was always engaged. 

Eventually after several hours and possibly over 100 attempts I got through the phone and was put on hold waiting for an agent to help. My call was answered after an hour of waiting. The agent tried to book me three times and his booking system crashed. Eventually I was able to book the appointment for end of March.

What Doug Ford has to say? He seems blaming Ontarians for entering wrong web address!!!!!!

People in multiple jurisdictions have received messages on the online form alerting them the “form has been tampered with,” along with several other glitches reported by users.

When a reporter suggested it seemed the new rollout was not going well, Ford countered by saying, “I respectfully disagree.

“So far this morning, 45,000 people were able to figure it out,” he said, suggesting some of the errors could have been caused by users entering the wrong web address.

Ontario has employed 2,000 operators to handle the call volume, and Ford said they processed 375 people per minute on Monday morning.

“It was pretty user friendly, and if that doesn’t work online, then call the 1-888-999-6488 number and see how that works … we have some of the largest companies backing this up … they’ve tested this,” Ford said.

Ford said he was told by Ontario officials on Monday that the online portal rollout was progressing “relatively well,” but said he would check for another update Monday afternoon.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 1:25 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

They  knew this is coming for months yet I have been trying to book for my parents all day. I used what was publicized (https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/). After waiting for my turn for online registration I entered all the correct info, checked and double checked but at the end I get the stupid message that "The form has been tampered with"!!!!! What the hell does this mean? Tried many more times and get the same stupid message.

Tried to call the given number many times and it was always engaged. 

Eventually after several hours and possibly over 100 attempts I got through the phone and was put on hold waiting for an agent to help. My call was answered after an hour of waiting. The agent tried to book me three times and his booking system crashed. Eventually I was able to book the appointment for end of March.

What Doug Ford has to say? He seems blaming Ontarians for entering wrong web address!!!!!!

People in multiple jurisdictions have received messages on the online form alerting them the “form has been tampered with,” along with several other glitches reported by users.

When a reporter suggested it seemed the new rollout was not going well, Ford countered by saying, “I respectfully disagree.

“So far this morning, 45,000 people were able to figure it out,” he said, suggesting some of the errors could have been caused by users entering the wrong web address.

Ontario has employed 2,000 operators to handle the call volume, and Ford said they processed 375 people per minute on Monday morning.

“It was pretty user friendly, and if that doesn’t work online, then call the 1-888-999-6488 number and see how that works … we have some of the largest companies backing this up … they’ve tested this,” Ford said.

Ford said he was told by Ontario officials on Monday that the online portal rollout was progressing “relatively well,” but said he would check for another update Monday afternoon.

I am at awe with all of those people like you out there who are so worried and concerned and in a hurry about getting their vaccination jab. Even after people take their vaccine the rumor has it that people may still have to wear a mask and keep social distancing and quarantining themselves after taken the vaccine for a lot longer. So, why bother getting a vaccine shot in the first place if the powers to be still want people to wear a mask and keep social distancing. This must mean that taking the vaccine was all just a ploy being forced on people to take some vaccine.  

I think that this is just typically Canadian. When their dear leaders and the media tell them something that they must do for their health and well being they all just go along to get along with what they are being told without question or at least with a whimper. Canadians just won't question anything. They just do as they are told. A very compliant people indeed. 

Our dear leaders know that this is all just a bunch of Covid virus nonsense nothingness and that is why in the beginning there had been no rush to get people vaccinated by their dear leaders. Our politicians never thought that so many people would go oh so bonkers over wanting to get vaccinated so bad. Thus, the shortage. ;)

Since late summer 2020 is was very likely to almost certain that mass vaccine distribution will be needed by end of year. Task forces were created and exercises held on TV. Fast-forward seven months and there's no effective and agile distribution system in place. As on CBC this morning some seniors are unable or reluctant to go to mass vaccination cites with no other options available.

There's a talk of going through family medicine with its own obvious problems, including how to ensure the integrity in distribution of a critical public resource. Time spent, public funds consumed, the result unsatisfactory or plain dismal. But well in line with pathetic attempts at public information that reminded cute exercises of a high-school first time computer class student.

Maybe it's time to make the conclusion that the bureaucracy has reached the point where it's simply incapable of anything that requires more than routine and standard operation. Anything shorter than a decade in preparation and a few billions spent. Good luck to all.

On 3/23/2021 at 6:18 AM, myata said:

Since late summer 2020 is was very likely to almost certain that mass vaccine distribution will be needed by end of year. Task forces were created and exercises held on TV. Fast-forward seven months and there's no effective and agile distribution system in place. As on CBC this morning some seniors are unable or reluctant to go to mass vaccination cites with no other options available.

There's a talk of going through family medicine with its own obvious problems, including how to ensure the integrity in distribution of a critical public resource. Time spent, public funds consumed, the result unsatisfactory or plain dismal. But well in line with pathetic attempts at public information that reminded cute exercises of a high-school first time computer class student.

Maybe it's time to make the conclusion that the bureaucracy has reached the point where it's simply incapable of anything that requires more than routine and standard operation. Anything shorter than a decade in preparation and a few billions spent. Good luck to all.

Tell someone who cares. Vaccinations are a joke especially this Covid 1984 one. Real men and women do not take vaccines. Only fools will take one of Gates to hell "experimental" vaccines because that it is what it is called experimental. Rumor has it that those that take the Covid 1984 jab could be very sick or even die withing a year or two. Only they will find out this in the near future. Good luck. :D