Several European nations suspend use of Astra-Zeneca vaccine

29 minutes ago, Aristides said:

All the vaccines have shown they have at least 80% of their effectiveness two weeks after the first dose. What is in question is how long it lasts without a second dose.

Given that two weeks ago (the people who have full single dose protection as of now) it was less than 50% of the population; and that the protection is not 100%; and that the effect of the vaccine on the spreading isn't yet known very well; to attribute such a significant drop to a single cause is premature. You want to believe it, you can. But it isn't the evidence as yet.

17 minutes ago, myata said:

Given that two weeks ago (the people who have full single dose protection as of now) it was less than 50% of the population; and that the protection is not 100%; and that the effect of the vaccine on the spreading isn't yet known very well; to attribute such a significant drop to a single cause is premature. You want to believe it, you can. But it isn't the evidence as yet.

You don’t want to believe it. It doesn’t matter what you don’t want to believe it is happening and it isn’t because summer is coming. London is the same latitude as Calgary, over 800 km North of Toronto.

25 minutes ago, myata said:

the effect of the vaccine on the spreading isn't yet known very well

Here's a good one. Now that you mention it, I recall that when you poorly vaccinate or use weak vaccine, it provides the opportunity for the viruses =, or virii as it were, to mutate. Those that do not die survive.  It's the good old "whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" routine.

Therefore Canada's vaccine program has the potential to allow the virus to mutate and become vaccine resistance.

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You don’t want to believe it. It doesn’t matter what you don’t want to believe

Just as you refuse to believe the government of Canada's web site which states unequivocally that AZ is only good up to 62% and that is after the second dose. Spreading lies about covid-19 is a federal offence in Canada. You should stop before you get reported by someone.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Just as you refuse to believe the government of Canada's web site which states unequivocally that AZ is only good up to 62% and that is after the second dose. Spreading lies about covid-19 is a federal offence in Canada. You should stop before you get reported by someone.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/astrazeneca-trial-efficacy-1.5963123

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/03/astrazeneca-lowers-efficacy-claim-covid-19-vaccine-bit-after-boards-rebukehttps://www.cnn.com/2021/03/24/health/astrazeneca-updated-coronavirus-vaccine-data/index.html

By who, you?

How many clinical studies has Canada done on any of these vaccines?

Actually people like you are a threat. Anyone following the bullshit government directives in the guise of health is a threat. Thats why the virus is still here, these public methods are useless against the virus and cost a lot of harm. 

Often Wrong lecturing about refusing to believe government. Give me an effing break.

Edited by Aristides

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

By who, you?

Why, you want me to keep quiet about it?
Or else, what?

The moderator or forum owner are legally obligated to hand over information about anyone who commits a crime in these forums. Consider yourself duly advised.

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Spreading lies about covid-19 is a federal offence in Canada. You should stop before you get reported by someone.

Wow, Aristides must be making some good points.

Pretty sure you'd be at the top of any list about spreading misinformation about Covid, though, so be careful someone doesn't report you.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

The moderator or forum owner are legally obligated to hand over information about anyone who commits a crime in these forums. Consider yourself duly advised.

You are hilarious.  If there is such a law (and I can't find any evidence of one; only some news stories from a year ago), your anti-mask, anti-vaccine, anti-shutdown misinformation would make you a prime suspect. 

Aren't you one of those who are so concerned about those with a 'different' view being shut down by media and leftists, and eroding free speech?  Yet here you are, suggesting that someone who has a different view than you should be shut down.  So much for "free speech" if it offends you, I guess.

Too funny!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

You don’t want to believe it. It doesn’t matter what you don’t want to believe it is happening and it isn’t because summer is coming. London is the same latitude as Calgary, over 800 km North of Toronto.

Oh now you want to make not believing a federal crime? How original.

Again I need to reiterate that this is not about vaccines in general and even any specific one. It's about effectiveness, openness and honesty in communicating essential for the society information. And based on the experience in this affair from travel from Wuhan and to multiple (I lost the count) Astra-Zeneca flip-flops one can hardly avoid the conclusion that this ability is lost, not anymore possible.

I don't know why and how. But it's far from certain that Covid affair will end this year and it's almost certain that there will be other pandemics, perhaps accelerated by deterioration of the environment, globalization and climate change. And this just isn't a good combination for anybody, except the bureaucracy for whom it generally, doesn't matter. Nothing matters because nothing changes and couldn't change.

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Again they arent mine. Youll have to take up your issue with the government of Canada. Try faxing if they dont respond to emails.

Your words posted April 6 on the My take on Covid 19 thread.

Actually people like you are a threat. Anyone following the bullshit government directives in the guise of health is a threat. Thats why the virus is still here, these public methods are useless against the virus and cost a lot of harm. 

And you people have been so clusterfucked in the head by this, soon youll be calling for me to be interred.