NDP leader Jagmeet Singh says the Constitutional Monarchy does not benefit Canadians

What we are dealing with from those who want to abolish the Constitutional Monarchy is the cancel culture crowd or the illiterate who have been brainwashed with Marxism.  They don't understand how the real world works but want to tear down our history and institutions but have no idea what would replace them.  Same crowd that tear down statues of Sir John A Macdonald and deface the statue of the Queen in Victoria.   We can thank our hopeless public school system which no longer teaches loyalty to our institutions but now teaches progressivism and Marxist ideas.  This is why we getting deeper into the doo doo and have ongoing protests and demonstrations against everything.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Same crowd that tear down statues of Sir John A Macdonald . . . . . . . .   

Yet gladly hold out their hand for that 'free' government money . . . . . you know, the lovely $10.- bills with Sir John A. on them.

Justin Trudeau should be on the new $5.- bills.  First off, that note is worth f.a., and will be worth nothing whatsoever in a short while, and his face on one side of the note, and his 'other' face on the other side. One face is white, the other is black. Endless possibilities here  . . . . 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

Canada is full of Marxists of varying degrees.  That should be obvious.  Liberals and NDP are good examples of people with very little or no moral principles.  When you have a national political party leader saying he thinks the Monarchy (Queen) is of no benefit to Canadians, you know you have a serious problem.  This is an attack against our very democratic structure.  You need to re-think your whole outlook.

Is that what we are calling the left now commies, as much as i dislike the left i would not pigeon hole them as commies dicks maybe but not commies.. As far as having no moral principles, take a good look around and what is happening in this country, and we have little left of traditional Canadian morals and values on both sides.... for the most part Canadians don't give a shit about anything, well with the exception of the NHL, poggy checks, CERB checks now, and what time does the liquor store close.. it is the land of free money and benefits .... nothing more.  There is very little patriotism, millions of immigrants are paper Canadians only with more loyalty to their home countries than Canada. Most only want the passport, our free money and benefits.

And it is this way because most Canadians want it this way, how else can you explain Justins  continued status as PM... with all the drama that he has brought to this country.. They don't give a F****, 

I am not the one that needs to rethink anything, i have no more love for this country than they do, that was beaten out of me a long time ago.... 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Army Guy said:

take a good look around and what is happening in this country, and we have little left of traditional Canadian morals and values on both sides.... for the most part Canadians don't give a shit about anything, well with the exception of the NHL, poggy checks, CERB checks now, and what time does the liquor store close.. it is the land of free money and benefits .... nothing more.  There is very little patriotism, millions of immigrants are paper Canadians only with more loyalty to their home countries than Canada. Most only want the passport, our free money and benefits.

And it is this way because most Canadians want it this way, how else can you explain Justins  continued status as PM... with all the drama that he has brought to this country.. They don't give a F****,

Welcome to a "Post-national State".

On 3/12/2021 at 12:16 PM, Argus said:

What they CAN do is to dissolve parliament and call fresh elections, regardless of what the prime minister and his party want done. That is the ultimate brake on a government running amok. 

I can see this point as a better, however unlikely, alternative (in this country) to effecting a meaningful change, creating real and functioning checks and balances. I don't think that Canada is an independent country in the full sense of this word, yet and who knows for how long. True, genuine independence begins with building own way of life, and democratic institutions consciously and responsibly from the ground up and that process has barely started here. And there's plenty of other way of thinking too: why change anything at all? Why not leave it as fifty, eighty, or 150 years ago it worked so well (back then).

On 3/12/2021 at 5:11 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

Yet gladly hold out their hand for that 'free' government money . . . . . you know, the lovely $10.- bills with Sir John A. on them.

It's an absurdity of the woke government that the man who founded Canada was replaced on the bill by a nobody black woman who got a ticket for sitting in the wrong section of a theater and did and said nothing about the country, civil rights or racism for her entire life. She had no impact. Her case had no impact. And she lived in obscurity.

And that's the best they could come up with to replace our first prime minister.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

The US build its republic from scratch.  Our system has been slowly built over many centuries and came out of an absolute monarchy, and still retains some elements of the monarchy, so it's complex to remove it from a system build on its foundations.

The monarchy is large ceremonial anyways, as head of state.

Not complicated at all. The GG position is already there, doesn't need the Monarch to function. Name the GG the Head of State and give the position no new powers. Just redefine as Canada's representative top the Crown rather the the Crown's representative to Canada. Kepp those tightass stuffed shirt old nincompoops and their fucking "tradition" intact somewhat.

And ELECT the goddam GG.

48 minutes ago, herbie said:

Not complicated at all. The GG position is already there, doesn't need the Monarch to function. Name the GG the Head of State and give the position no new powers. Just redefine as Canada's representative top the Crown rather the the Crown's representative to Canada. Kepp those tightass stuffed shirt old nincompoops and their fucking "tradition" intact somewhat.

And ELECT the goddam GG.

That wouldn't be as complicated.  Electing the GG causes more complications.

Do Canadian MPs need to swear the oath of allegiance to the Queen in order to take their seats? In Britain that requirement has stopped the Sinn Feiners from taking their seats as obviously they can't make such an oath.

3 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Do Canadian MPs need to swear the oath of allegiance to the Queen in order to take their seats? In Britain that requirement has stopped the Sinn Feiners from taking their seats as obviously they can't make such an oath.

Yes. But they don't mean it.

On 3/11/2021 at 6:45 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Bloq members are avid separatists lol.  I'm sure their oath is a lie.

I signed to come here and explore; not to swear allegiance to anyone, let alone a Queen, who doesn't live here.

But if you do not go through the process which eventually takes you to an oath , you lose your ability to travel and stay.

Flawed system, flawed process, predictable results.

And just as I mentioned earlier I live on First Nation lands.

Did the Queen swear allegiance to the First Nations to obtain their permission to have her heirs and successors live on the land?

It may be time to bring her to that oath, although it may turn out she is too racist for that.

20 hours ago, herbie said:

The GG position is already there, doesn't need the Monarch to function. Name the GG the Head of State and give the position no new powers.

Yep, you can name Trudeau the kind of Canada and let him rule (whatever the power is if any) with his successors forever while still electing premiers every year like nothing ever happened.

In any case, no point in talking about something that cannot be done. And in this country and for a while now the only things that can still be done are print some more laws; and print and spend some more of public billion dollars. That's it. One or two, or one and two and nothing else. No real change, forever. Who knows maybe there's nothing bad about. The evolution will tell.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

I signed to come here and explore; not to swear allegiance to anyone, let alone a Queen, who doesn't live here.

But if you do not go through the process which eventually takes you to an oath , you lose your ability to travel and stay.

Nobody cares what a foreigner thinks.  Our house, our rules.  Obey or go back where you came from.

Did the Queen swear allegiance to the First Nations to obtain their permission to have her heirs and successors live on the land?

It may be time to bring her to that oath, although it may turn out she is too racist for that.

There were up to 1 million indigenous people who lived in Canada when the French arrived.  That's less than today's population.  Indigenous didn't set foot on the vast majority of land in Canada.  It's a very, very big place.  So how exactly can they "claim" all of "Canada" (which didn't exist as a polity at the time) as their own? Finders keepers, losers weepers.  The most they could claim is the land which they occupied.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Our house, our rules.  Obey or go back where you came from.

Finders keepers, losers weepers.  The most they could claim is the land which they occupied.

Well, you can go back where you or your ancestors came from, I do not care.

This finders keepers BS , you can take again with you wherever you came from.

7 minutes ago, cougar said:

Well, you can go back where you or your ancestors came from, I do not care.

This finders keepers BS , you can take again with you wherever you came from.

I was born right here.

Aboriginals originally immigrated from Asia.  Why do they inherit everything?  Because finders keepers?  This "aboriginals lived on a very small % of Canada and therefore own the entire landmass" is what's BS.  The gov has an obligation to uphold the treaties they signed and nothing else.

Pre-Columbus the Aztecs were brutal colonizers who murdered the people they colonized in sacrifice by ripping their beating hearts out of their chests.   Nobody has the right to play holier than thou.  They played the game and lost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cougar said:

Flawed system, flawed process, predictable results.

Are you a Canadian citizen now?  Living for free on the rez? Ever thought of moving along to some shit-hole country more to your standards?  Do you pay taxes? 

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I was born right here.

Aboriginals originally immigrated from Asia.  Why do they inherit everything?  Because finders keepers?  This "aboriginals lived on a very small % of Canada and therefore own the entire landmass" is what's BS.  The gov has an obligation to uphold the treaties they signed and nothing else.

Pre-Columbus the Aztecs were brutal colonizers who murdered the people they colonized in sacrifice by ripping their beating hearts out of their chests.   Nobody has the right to play holier than thou.  They played the game and lost.

You can rationalize all you want.  The bottom line is I cannot be expected to uphold an oath to the queen any more than the queen is expected to uphold an oath to the first nations.

Show me that map of originally inhabited and uninhabited lands by the First Nations.  Before seeing it, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the lands under the largest Canadian cities were originally occupied by First Nation tribes - Vancouver, Toronto, Regina, Montreal, Quebec  - I do not even need to check history to know that.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

You can rationalize all you want.  The bottom line is I cannot be expected to uphold an oath to the queen any more than the queen is expected to uphold an oath to the first nations.

You're legally required to uphold your oath because your citizenship is dependent on it.  If you didn't mean it don't say it.

Didn't you say you live on first nations lands?  So you're no better than anyone else colonizer.

54 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You're legally required to uphold your oath because your citizenship is dependent on it.  If you didn't mean it don't say it.

Didn't you say you live on first nations lands?  So you're no better than anyone else colonizer.

Nope.  I came legally.   My arrival was approved before I set foot on the continent.  Could have been someone's greed trying to increase the population, whatever.    I did not colonize no one and took advantage of no one.  Others take advantage of me.

5 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The most they could claim is the land which they occupied.

Sounds good. So now I am going to take over some of the unoccupied land for myself. There is plenty of it available. 

Finders keepers, losers weepers right?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cougar said:

Nope.  I came legally.   My arrival was approved before I set foot on the continent.  Could have been someone's greed trying to increase the population, whatever.    I did not colonize no one and took advantage of no one.  Others take advantage of me.

Yes permanent residence is often approved in the country of origin, but i'm talking about citizenship.

If you live on native territory i don't see how you're any less a colonizer than any other non-native, including the Queen.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

11 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If you live on native territory i don't see how you're any less a colonizer than any other non-native, including the Queen.

I do not live on the land against their will, or at least they have not expressed concerns.   If they do, the concerns will be with the colonizers - the Queen.