Communism will win anyway.

Owl

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yeah and I asked you for a cite on that, which you didn't provide.

And you want to use a definition of heathen that purposely excludes Muslims because you don't like them.  I'm not judging you, but you're not really a Christian in my books... you are just a guy who does things.  Peace out.

quote  After the Cross a new entity came into existence—the church that Jesus Christ promised He would build (Mt 16:18). As a result, there are now three divisions of mankind: Jews, Gentiles and the church. Paul tells us that we are to "Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God" (1 Cor:10:32
). It is absolutely essential to understand that these three groups exist side by side in today's world, to distinguish between them, and to recognize that God deals with each differently.  Unquote

Jews, Gentiles, and the Church | thebereancall.org

Wrong.  I do not dislike Muslims.  I disagree with the religion.  Big difference. Your other comments are not worthy of a reply.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

As a result, there are now three divisions of mankind: Jews, Gentiles and the church.

Blackbird,

Three? I thought it was only two - until those QWERTY people showed up.

====

BTW, mayonnaise requires whole eggs and champagne only comes from France. In my real world, words/terms/symbols  matter.

• Haha 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kentucky-tornado-factory-workers-threatened-firing-left-tornado-employ-rcna8581

Interesting story.  We'll have to check if it's true but if so, may explain why Communism will win...

As a catastrophic tornado approached this city Friday, employees of a candle factory — which would later be destroyed — heard the warning sirens and wanted to leave the building. But at least five workers said supervisors warned employees that they would be fired if they left their shifts early.

For hours, as word of the coming storm spread, as many as 15 workers beseeched managers to let them take shelter at their own homes, only to have their requests rebuffed, the workers said.

Fearing for their safety, some left during their shifts regardless of the repercussions.

At least eight people died in the Mayfield Consumer Products factory, which makes scented candles.

Communism is a stage and precipitates the revolution towards Capitalism.

China was once a communist country but anyone who has lived there in the last 20 years can tell you squarely, it is communist in name only. 'Communism' 2.0 has become the dominant force in Asia. While western Capitalism is devolving into Communism.

Therefore Communism always wins eventually. It's part of a boom and bust cycle.

12 hours ago, ChristopherCross said:

Communism is a stage and precipitates the revolution towards Capitalism.

China was once a communist country but anyone who has lived there in the last 20 years can tell you squarely, it is communist in name only. 'Communism' 2.0 has become the dominant force in Asia. While western Capitalism is devolving into Communism.

Therefore Communism always wins eventually. It's part of a boom and bust cycle.

Communism? Capitalism? Ultimately, free trade wins.

Individuals figure out a way to meet and, uh, trade. For the benefit of us all born later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, TreeBeard said:

Oh I see.

If progressives are communists, what do we call the people who want the state to own the means of production?  The ones we used to call communists, who are still around and likely aren’t progressive at all… 

Oligarchs. Some of our capitalists are their money launderers.  Apparently the amount of money being laundered in Canada could be as much as $130 billion...annually.

https://financialpost.com/opinion/why-canadas-money-laundering-problem-is-far-bigger-than-we-think

I doubt it's your run-of-the-mill proles running the laundromat.

Edited by eyeball
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, Michael Hardner said:

it's my downfall when I am bored enough to engage with reactionaries....

At least if you were good at it, would be more interesting

you should teach comedy

those who can

do

then there’s you

there’s trying,

and there’s doing

training,

and straining

factum,

ad hominem

I like to give em the factum

;) 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:56 PM, August1991 said:

Communism? Capitalism? Ultimately, free trade wins.

Where capitalism is an economic system, communism is more comprehensive or totalitarian in that it prescribes more government controls in everyday life.

I’m for systems where power is less entrenched into the hands of one group. If laws are worth anything, they need to be written to put limits on government authority as well as the influence of corporatism.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

1. At least if you were good at it, would be more interesting

2. you should teach comedy those who can do then there’s you  

1. Somehow you think I do this for someone other than myself.
2. I'm honoured that you have enough of an impression of me to comment on my posts.  I wish I could say the same :(

On 12/14/2021 at 2:22 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yeah and I asked you for a cite on that, which you didn't provide.

JEWS, GENTILES, CHURCH

Before the cross of Christ, mankind was divided into two groups: Jews and Gentiles, a distinction caused by the covenants God had made for Israel alone with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and their descendants through Moses (Ex. 33:16; Lev. 20:24,26; Deut. 4:7-8; 1 Chr. 17:21,22; Psa. 147:19,20; Eph. 2:12).

After the cross a new entity came into existence—the church that Jesus Christ promised He would build of all who believe on Him. Now there are three divisions of mankind: Jews, Gentiles, and the church (1 Cor. 10:32). It is absolutely essential to understand that these three groups exist side-by-side in today’s world, and the church was created through offering to both Jews and Gentiles a “new covenant” relationship with God. This did not bring Gentiles under the Jewish law, but delivered from it both Jews and Gentiles coming into the church. God has “broken down the middle wall of partition between [Jew and Gentile]; having abolished in His flesh the [Mosaic] law of commandments contained in the ordinances; for to make in Himself of [Jew and Gentile] one new man” (Ephesians 2:11-22)   Unquote

Jews, Gentiles, Church – Moments With The Book (mwtb.org)

Edited by blackbird

15 hours ago, blackbird said:

JEWS, GENTILES, CHURCH

Before the cross of Christ, mankind was divided into two groups: Jews and Gentiles, a distinction caused by the covenants God had made....

And before Dennis Meadows, humankind was divided three groups: the Ignorant, the Possibles and the Progressives ...

16 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I’m for systems where power is less entrenched into the hands of one group. If laws are worth anything, they need to be written to put limits on government authority as well as the influence of corporatism.

OftenWrong,

Agreed.

All things considered, I think the US Constitution is sustainable. It will survive longer than the Russian language or any Chinese State. It will exist after the Koran (the supposed word of God).

Why? 

The US Constitution - like DNA - can change. Like life itself, it is part of a process. 

On 12/19/2021 at 8:44 AM, OftenWrong said:

On 12/20/2021 at 1:54 AM, August1991 said:

OftenWrong,

Agreed.

When I say the very same thing I'm called a commie. Why is that?

I'm precisely the type of person a Jinping or Putin would disappear in a heartbeat if I lived in China or Russia.  In Pinochet's Argentina I suspect my entire family would have been rounded up for my views.   

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

In Pinochet's Argentina I suspect my entire family would have been rounded up for my views.   

Pinochet was CHILE, comrade... and 'rounded up' meant killed.  All the hippies and climate change folks were kept in jails and soccer stadiums when they ran out of room and 60K were executed.  That was in a country of just 10M people, so it would be like 180K Canadians killed.  The US supported the government after the coup and President Reagan used his 'constructive engagement' model to stay friendly.

This is why people saying Canada is Communist or Fascist bothers me so much.  They have no idea.

On 12/21/2021 at 1:53 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Pinochet was CHILE, comrade... and 'rounded up' meant killed.  All the hippies and climate change folks were kept in jails and soccer stadiums when they ran out of room and 60K were executed.  That was in a country of just 10M people, so it would be like 180K Canadians killed.  The US supported the government after the coup and President Reagan used his 'constructive engagement' model to stay friendly.

This is why people saying Canada is Communist or Fascist bothers me so much.  They have no idea.

This bothered me too.

Kissinger, Nixon, Pinochet - but also Berlin Wall. Vietnam. Soviet system. Castro. Reagan.

====

Like Dunkerque or Dieppe in World War II: Vietnam, Chile and Cuba were important battles in a larger war that America ultimately won.

Educated Americans need more confidence in their country.

Edited by August1991

• 1 month later...