Canada's new proposed gun laws.

Army Guy

The liberal propaganda machine  was working at light speed today, I've never heard so many lies in one 30 min announcement  and what makes it worse is none of the media has called them out on it, Freeland even went as far to say assault like wpns are responsible for most domestic violence... I remember when Climate Barbie was drunk in a bar, and blurted out say it loud enough and often enough and people will believe thats exactly what is happening here. And nothing is going to change until a conservative gets in office which at this rate maybe never.

Here is what troubles me, 1. the facts given by the liberals are mostly false, or are using the stats from stats Canada out of context.

2. How easy it was to take a piece of legal  personal property and make it illegal. plus fabricate the reason for taking them away.  I first heard about this type of action when land was taken by the feds "At fair market value" which according to the land owner was a crook of shit, he was told to accept the offer, or get get nothing for it and he will still be out that section of land. not that anyone has owner ship or full control over land any ways. * note, after doing some research i found out that as citizens of Canada we do not have property rights, none at all.diArmani.com -- Canadians Have No Property Rights

Property Law | The Canadian Encyclopedia

Although the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not expressly protect property rights, such rights are created and are therefore protected by both common law and by statute law — although both can be changed by legislation.

3. there is a clause that does say anyone can report any gun owner for domestic violence,  threats, or you just feel threaten by your neighbors firearms, the RCMP or for that matter any police dept. can enter your home and confiscate all of your wpns, and keep them until you can prove the accusation false. kind of reminds me of what the Nazis did and how they had your neighbors report Jews to local authority. note to gun owners don't piss your neighbors off. So much for being innocent until proven guilty.

Trudeau government would allow municipalities to ban handguns under new bill (msn.com)

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

anyone can report any gun owner for domestic violence,  threats, or you just feel threaten by your neighbors firearms,

Nice.   I will report anyone I know who owns a gun.  You never know what their mental state will be tomorrow.

17 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The liberal propaganda machine  was working at light speed today, I've never heard so many lies in one 30 min announcement  and what makes it worse is none of the media has called them out on it, Freeland even went as far to say assault like wpns are responsible for most domestic violence... I remember when Climate Barbie was drunk in a bar, and blurted out say it loud enough and often enough and people will believe thats exactly what is happening here. And nothing is going to change until a conservative gets in office which at this rate maybe never.

Here is what troubles me, 1. the facts given by the liberals are mostly false, or are using the stats from stats Canada out of context.

2. How easy it was to take a piece of legal  personal property and make it illegal. plus fabricate the reason for taking them away.  I first heard about this type of action when land was taken by the feds "At fair market value" which according to the land owner was a crook of shit, he was told to accept the offer, or get get nothing for it and he will still be out that section of land. not that anyone has owner ship or full control over land any ways. 

3. there is a clause that does say anyone can report any gun owner for domestic violence,  threats, or you just feel threaten by your neighbors firearms, the RCMP or for that matter any police dept. can enter your home and confiscate all of your wpns, and keep them until you can prove the accusation false. kind of reminds me of what the Nazis did and how they had your neighbors report Jews to local authority. note to gun owners don't piss your neighbors off. So much for being innocent until proven guilty.

Trudeau government would allow municipalities to ban handguns under new bill (msn.com)

The real issue is all this confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens will not stop all the shootings which are done mainly by gang members and people who seem to easily get illegal handguns.  This will do nothing to reduce the shootings by the criminals with illegal hand guns.

Secondly, minister Blair says there is no right in Canada to own a gun.  He says it is a privilege.   Why doesn't he tell that to all the criminals who have illegal handguns?  Who is protecting the law-abiding citizens from the criminals with the guns?

I personally think this is the liberals changing the channel away from the shitty job at the pandemic.  The ban now includes "all air soft, paintball, replica's that look like a Assaults wpn. they all can injure as they fire some sort of projectile, the replicas although they can not fire anything, may be used in some sort of crime and there for also classified as a prohibited device meaning they need to be stored as per the new storage laws, can not be used outdoors or indoors, giving the owner 2 choices to take it into the RCMP and hope there is a buy back program, or keep it locked up and never used.

This is going to be an ongoing project, as all they have accomplished todate is to piss off both sides of the issue. No one is truly happy.

this is something new to me, so I'm sharing.

Self Defence

This last term is perhaps the most important. It depends on what you intend to defend yourself from. If you’re thinking about people then, with the exception of an ATC granted for such a purpose, the answer is absolutely not. Unlike our neighbours to the south, Canada does not allow it’s citizens to carry – or even own – firearms for the purpose of self defence against human beings with many people opting to use other forms of self defence like pepper spray to make them feel safe. They often use things like Guardian pepper spray reviews to ensure that they get the best spray for their safety situation.

Edited by Army Guy

Nothing to get upset about here.  The criminals will all just rush to the Little Turd...uh...er...TRUdeau's front porch and lay down their arms because they like his hair and want to have his babies.

BTW: just to remind you that it was the Communist Party card carrying Big Turd..oh yeah TRUdeau and his fellow traveller Roy Romanow who are responsible for property rights being very intentionally left out of the "constitution" as it were.

Edited by cannuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found this on the subject, it is just how New Zealand's gun buy back went... according to the news article not very good, a joke really.

At the end of the confiscation program the government had collected roughly 56,000 firearms. A June 2019 report from consulting firm KPMG had estimated that there were as many as 173,000 newly-prohibited firearms in the country. New Zealand gun rights group, the Council of Licensed Firearms Owners estimated that 170,000 prohibited firearms were still in the hands of Kiwis after the confiscation program

this tidbit surprised me, Justin mentioned that anyone with mental health issues can have their permit suspended and wpns confiscated, unless they have your medical file how are they going to do that. There is only one way, what used to be confidential info, is now available to whom every needs it. Yes every one of our security depts could have access to your medical records. Is this anything to be worried about ? 

he legislation also mandated that police notify a firearm license holder’s physician of the individual’s status as a license holder and required physicians to report to the police on the health conditions of the license holder.

Will all this make Canada safer... well New Zealand government can not say with any certainity, what they can tell you is they removed wpns off law abiding citizens...

“That’s because most law-abiding New Zealanders handed in their now-prohibited firearms, but gangs and criminals, those who pose the greatest risk to our safety, did not.”

18 hours ago, cougar said:

Nice.   I will report anyone I know who owns a gun.  You never know what their mental state will be tomorrow.

I think we can reliably predict what their mental state would be after the cops take away their guns for no reason.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aristides said:

New Zealand is still one of the few countries in the world where the police don't routinely carry firearms. I don' think armed gangs and criminals are a big problem in New Zealand.

Weren't a problem here before immigration changed all that.

They want to be seen as doing something. But this is the style over substance government because substance is a lot harder than style.

Most of the firearms being used by gang members, drug dealers, etc., come across the border, a very big chunk across the cross-border reserves where the guns flow freely. There is no way any government is going to dare do anything to address that lest the natives get restless.

What to do, what to do? Well, just pretend you're doing something! That's just as good as doing something if all you're worried about is your popularity at the polls!

31 minutes ago, Argus said:

I think we can reliably predict what their mental state would be after the cops take away their guns for no reason.

At this point I wouldn't be so concerned.   They can't do too much damage with kitchen knives.

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Guess you have never heard of the Bacon brothers.

The Hells Angels are full of immigrants. LOL

The Hells Angels are not a street gang. And I did not suggest street gangs were solely responsible for murders and crimes of violence in Canada.

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Along with American culture exported in their media, and their guns across the border.

BCTV news reported tonight a huge number of store robberies in Vancouver in the last month or so done by criminals with knives, a gun, baseball bat, and just sheer physical force.  These tough guys just push the store clerk or owner aside and take what they want.  Showed them on security cameras.  Bet that doesn't happen in the states where the store owners can own a gun for protection of himself and his staff and goods.  Not allowed in Canada.   If the police even catch them, the punishment will be a slap on the wrist.  Not much deterrent.  Many states also have capital punishment for criminals who kill somebody.  They don't mess around with a slap on the wrist like Canada.

Edited by blackbird

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

BCTV news reported tonight a huge number of store robberies in Vancouver in the last month or so done by criminals with knives, a gun, baseball bat, and just sheer physical force.  These tough guys just push the store clerk or owner aside and take what they want.  Showed them on security cameras.  Bet that doesn't happen in the states where the store owners can own a gun for protection of himself and his staff and goods.  Not allowed in Canada.   If the police even catch them, the punishment will be a slap on the wrist.  Not much deterrent.  Many states also have capital punishment for criminals who kill somebody.  They don't mess around with a slap on the wrist like Canada.

Lol

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/02/16/man-robs-dallas-county-store-with-military-style-rifle-authorities-say/

The gun capital of the u.s....

Don't mess with Texas!  

I laugh out loud at the morons that eat up meaningless terms like military “style” and assault “style” weapons.  Style does not mean function.  The look of something doesn’t determine its danger.  These terms are used to frighten the public whom most know very little about guns at all.  The politicians that write these laws seem to know even less about guns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1