Immigration and Assimilation

ray24

Christian scripture declares that as a disciple who has been anointed to go out and proclaim the kingdom, they were advised to bring nothing and stay only when invited. (Luke 9 1-6) If not invited to dust off their feet as a testimony against. Hindu speak of Brahmans with the authority to go and teach the Veda's and to accept gifts and subsistence, but to receive no more then was needed. In Buddhism it is a high honor for a family member to leave the home life, in an attempt to gain spiritual freedom. 

So how should a migrant react when accepting to come and live in a new place? If they come without authority as a refuge and asylum seeker and are welcomed by the community, they will show homage, (special honor or respect shown publicly)  to that community. So is their a good time to say, Thank you for this or that.... but I follow a path that is contrary to your culture and principles. Would this not be taking more, over and above what was given? Would this not fly in the face of the offering and beyond measures of acceptance? Would insisting to believe outside of the norms of an accepting culture be sacrosanct (regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with) to that culture? 

What should be the way of the migrant?        

On 2/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, Michael Hardner said:

I follow a path that is contrary to your culture and principles.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, bcsapper said:

As long as they keep themselves to themselves and don't go trying to change things, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to sit in a corner, quietly.

It is essential to have a little poke at what one is pointing too from time to time. It would appear we are doing so in part above... or not. (grin)

I do suspect however, any lone migrant might just seek to fit in for a bit. Yet, what should be called upon, as in the mass exodus of Syrians to Germany, 2 million strong? One might consider what happened in Rwanda by the colonialization of the Germans then the Belgium's that basically corrupted the politics placing one tribe over another ending only to the point of genocide and 800,000 souls butchered.

Today one will find Middle Eastern folks building Mosques as a place to congregate, while at the same time, Asians who have lost their way to Buddhism and are secular in their asperations and wealth... are being pushed out by many countries such as China and are now migrating around the world. Most of North America and Europe not far behind this secular path.

What will become of it?

On 2/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, Michael Hardner said:

How ?  Are you saying we shouldn't accept evangelical Christian people?  I don't agree.

I can't imagine any migrant, that either by proper channels, has been accepted to come and be placed as a landed immigrant, or one who is fleeing tyranny shouldn't be processed in the same way and offered a place. In fact, it is usually by the desires of prosperity that one chooses to go here of there, if they are not forced out by other reasons. Once the prosperity has been neutralised not so much.

This would be a good time to duly note that as the Christians were persecuted and fled around the globe, the Muslims now have a good start. As both wealth and persecution are driving the current migrations, one wonders if the Hindu's are not far behind. 

Question still remains! What will become of it?   

• 6 months later...

We continue to accept dreck from the wrong points of origin of course and it shows on our streets. We need to be far more choosy about who we admit with a binding legal commitment to assimilate. Anyone who doesn’t should be deported with 18 months at their expense.

The only issue that matters is how can they enhance our communities within our culture to our advantage.

Edited by RedDog
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, RedDog said:

We continue to accept dreck from the wrong points of origin of course and it shows on our streets. 

You really have a thing about insulting people don't you? Canadians, Ontarians, Easterners, foreigners... 

There's nothing that demands you accept anyone, of course, but after awhile it really comes off as misanthropic.

On 2/14/2021 at 5:48 AM, ray24 said:

Christian scripture declares that as a disciple who has been anointed to go out and proclaim the kingdom, they were advised to bring nothing and stay only when invited. (Luke 9 1-6) If not invited to dust off their feet as a testimony against. Hindu speak of Brahmans with the authority to go and teach the Veda's and to accept gifts and subsistence, but to receive no more then was needed. In Buddhism it is a high honor for a family member to leave the home life, in an attempt to gain spiritual freedom. 

So how should a migrant react when accepting to come and live in a new place? If they come without authority as a refuge and asylum seeker and are welcomed by the community, they will show homage, (special honor or respect shown publicly)  to that community. So is their a good time to say, Thank you for this or that.... but I follow a path that is contrary to your culture and principles. Would this not be taking more, over and above what was given? Would this not fly in the face of the offering and beyond measures of acceptance? Would insisting to believe outside of the norms of an accepting culture be sacrosanct (regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with) to that culture? 

What should be the way of the migrant?        

Go back from whence they came. Canada is full and there is no more room for any more migrants/legal and illegal refugees. Works for me. ?

On 2/23/2021 at 8:38 AM, ray24 said:

when can we knock down the nationality walls?

When can we start to build up border walls to keep the rest of the world out of Canada/ Canada needs to implement a moratorium on all kinds of legal and illegal immigration. besides, the majority of all the legal and illegal immigrants are mostly from nonwhite countries. 80% of them are coming from nonwhite countries. Talk about the white race wanting to commit genocide against itself. The majority of white Canadians have become nothing more than a bunch of idiots an fools and one day they will pay for their stupidity and ignorance or at least their children or grandchildren will. Just saying. ?

42 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You really have a thing about insulting people don't you? Canadians, Ontarians, Easterners, foreigners... 

There's nothing that demands you accept anyone, of course, but after awhile it really comes off as misanthropic.

Maybe the white people of Canada should be given a say as to who they want to allow into their own white homeland? What's it to you if someone would like to be seen as misanthropic anyways? When it comes to Canadian white patriots like me I could careless if I am seen as being misanthropic. I just want to see Canada stay majority white. ?

Immigration levels must come down. And for those who apply SELECTIVITY must be applied. Most of immigrants appear to be coming from third world countries with a culture not compatible to Canada's. Keep out those who don't respect human rights, lack respect for women and don't believe in women's rights and equality, lack respect for other religions and cultures, lack respect for democracy. IN SUMMARY KEEP THE GARBAGE OUT. We have enough garbage here already!.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It’s my country and I want it maintained in good order. Anyone opposed should perhaps buy a ticket out.

People here decades refusing to speak English should be shown the door. They’re of no use. The notion that I might wish to live in Tuscany and actually move there with ZERO intention of learning Italian is outrageous beyond words.

17 minutes ago, RedDog said:

1. It’s my country and
2. I want it maintained in good order. Anyone opposed should perhaps buy a ticket out.
3. People here decades refusing to speak English should be shown the door.
4. They’re of no use.
5. The notion that I might wish to live in Tuscany and actually move there with ZERO intention of learning Italian is outrageous beyond words.

1. And you call it CanaDUH right ? Not very patriotic.
2. Like Ontarians ?  Easterners ?  You don't like them in particular it seems.
3. Personally I would prefer people who don't like Canadians to be "shown the door" but I don't presume to have the right to do that, as you do.  Maybe because your ancestors came to Canada earlier than some, but I would bet that my ancestors were here before yours.  
4. You were in advertising right ?  Ever hear of a 'consumer' ?  They are useful to an economy.
5. I lived in Europe too.  Lots of Americans coming up and asking directions in English although I guess they're tourists.

Oh good Lord. We’re talking ancestors now? Ok. I’m of Norwegian decent. The Norwegians were here 500 years before anyone in Europe could float a boat. There is proof of this in Newfoundland of course which anyone recognizes as historical fact.

My Patriotic roots extend to Alberta only, which has been raped and pillaged to the tune of hundreds of billions of stolen dollars.

You DO know this will have to be repayed yes?

2 hours ago, RedDog said:

1. The Norwegians were here 500 years before anyone in Europe could float a boat. There is proof of this in Newfoundland of course which anyone recognizes as historical fact.

2. My Patriotic roots extend to Alberta only, which has been raped and pillaged to the tune of hundreds of billions of stolen dollars.

3. You DO know this will have to be repayed yes?

1. Fft.... ok, get out.  ?
2. Pretty arbitrary kind of patriotism... "New Brunswick or die !" 
3. Are you talking about the heritage fund you depleted ?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 9:45 AM, RedDog said:

We continue to accept dreck from the wrong points of origin of course and it shows on our streets. We need to be far more choosy about who we admit with a binding legal commitment to assimilate. Anyone who doesn’t should be deported with 18 months at their expense.

The only issue that matters is how can they enhance our communities within our culture to our advantage.

A good policy but it is about 500 years too late. The officer who trained me blamed the nations on the east coast for a lax immigration policy. His family has been in Saskatchewan for thousands of years.

Did your family assimilate? Should they have been deported after 18 months? Mine certainly should have. My ancestor was in the immigration business. He was part of the original company that imported African slaves into the American colonies. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2021 at 8:00 AM, RedDog said:

My Patriotic roots extend to Alberta only, which has been raped and pillaged to the tune of hundreds of billions of stolen dollars.

You DO know this will have to be repayed yes?

Those are Canada’s resources to split up how Canada sees fit.

What is the wealthiest province in the country?