The Trump Second Impeachment Thread

because its coming... and its going to be fun!

first up, two weeks to go and Trumps legal team quit!

Trump’s top impeachment lawyer has left his team

all reports are that Trump just wants to go over the rigged election claims again.

will we see Giuliani and Powell take the stand to claim that election machines were rigged? while they are being sued for $1.5 billion dollars from those machine makers? hahahaha! will they even agree to be witnesses? i could see the first question out of a Ds mouth for them... "did the election machine makers rig the election results?" Giuliani's response "um...".

Edited by godzilla
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, godzilla said:

because its coming... and its going to be fun!

first up, two weeks to go and Trumps legal team quit!

Trump’s top impeachment lawyer has left his team

all reports are that Trump just wants to go over the rigged election claims again.

will we see Giuliani and Powell take the stand to claim that election machines were rigged? while they are being sued for $1.5 billion dollars from those machine makers? hahahaha! will they even agree to be witnesses? i could see the first question out of a Ds mouth for them... "did the election machine makers rig the election results?" Giuliani's response "um...".

NO it's not coming! There will be no Trump Senate Impeachment trial to celebrate, because Mitch knows how to count, and has already calculated that he doesn't have the Republican votes needed, and so has already stepped out too far and pissed off too many Trump deadenders, who other GOP Senators and House members will not cross! 

52 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

NO it's not coming! There will be no Trump Senate Impeachment trial to celebrate, because Mitch knows how to count, and has already calculated that he doesn't have the Republican votes needed, and so has already stepped out too far and pissed off too many Trump deadenders, who other GOP Senators and House members will not cross! 

so you think the trial will not come at all? do the Rs have some procedural out? will the Ds give up on it?

i wouldn't think the Ds would give up on it... just because the whole capitol fiasco was not popular and so they'd just get to remind/re-popularize the whole event over again... while the Rs claim its time to "move on".

Edited by godzilla

4 minutes ago, godzilla said:

so you think the trial will not come at all? do the Rs have some procedural out? will the Ds give up on it?

i wouldn't think the Ds would give up on it... just because the whole capitol fiasco was not popular and so they'd just get to remind/re-popularize the whole event over again... while the Rs claim its time to "move on".

I'm sure Democrats will want it...because they really need distractions now more than ever. But, according to what I've heard, if Mitch McConnell has pulled back, it means he can tell there are not enough Republican votes to prosecute Trump in the Senate. 

If anything, the Democrats want to paint Senators that vote to Acquit as being pro-insurrection. 

You can see the attack ads showing videos of January 6th. It'll be the Dems version of Bengazi. 

It's actually astonishing how banning Trump from Twitter has completely neutered his messaging. There's no way he can get his crazy thoughts to market. It's oddly refreshing, but weird. 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

If anything, the Democrats want to paint Senators that vote to Acquit as being pro-insurrection. 

You can see the attack ads showing videos of January 6th. It'll be the Dems version of Bengazi. 

It's actually astonishing how banning Trump from Twitter has completely neutered his messaging. There's no way he can get his crazy thoughts to market. It's oddly refreshing, but weird. 

agreed. very weird. but not unlike any other past president. not pining for attention numerous times a day.

unfortunately, this blows his opportunity for the new Patriot Party! he'll just destroy the R party i guess.

The primary purpose of impeachment is to remove a president from office.  Democrats are now in the process of ruining another institution of government in order to “get” Trump.  It reminds me of Moby Dick.  Democrats need their whale, at all costs.  Even if it further polarized the country.  Meanwhile, there still isn’t a covid relief bill, and instead of having the senate in session for that, they’re going to run an impeachment trial in which the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court has refused to participate.  There isn’t a more disgusting group of people.  It’s going to be so fun when they get their ass handed to them in the mid term election and lose the house and senate by huge margins.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Shady said:

The primary purpose of impeachment is to remove a president from office.  Democrats are now in the process of ruining another institution of government in order to “get” Trump.  

The Dems are actually using the impeachment as a reason to keep the 25,000 guardsmen at the capitol, and the guardsmen are at the capitol to incite fear of the alt-right bogeyman.

The Dems are just itching for something, anything to happen, which will seemingly legitimize large-scale actions against civilians including (but not limited to) the seizure of their guns. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The Dems are actually using the impeachment as a reason to keep the 25,000 guardsmen at the capitol, and the guardsmen are at the capitol to incite fear of the alt-right bogeyman.

The Dems are just itching for something, anything to happen, which will seemingly legitimize large-scale actions against civilians including (but not limited to) the seizure of their guns. 

you listen to tucker. this is like the 8th time now you've said pretty well exactly what tucker has said. that guy is hilarious how he threads the needles. sometimes it takes him a good 5 minutes, changing topics every other sentence, to get the needle threaded.

democrats now rule the pentagon who rule the national guardsman at the capitol who are there to make people afraid because democrats are afraid of people not being afraid of the alt-right.

of course, the alt-right "bogeyman" broke a bunch of windows at that building and left a lot of video footage. so, not really a "bogeyman". unless the FBI are now arresting "bogeyman".

anyways, lets hope they seize all guns. too many gun nuts.

Edited by godzilla

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

you listen to tucker. this is like the 8th time now you've said pretty well exactly what tucker has said. that guy is hilarious how he threads the needles. sometimes it takes him a good 5 minutes, changing topics every other sentence, to get the needle threaded.

democrats now rule the pentagon who rule the national guardsman at the capitol who are there to make people afraid because democrats are afraid of people not being afraid of the alt-right.

of course, the alt-right "bogeyman" broke a bunch of windows at that building and left a lot of video footage. so, not really a "bogeyman". unless the FBI are now arresting "bogeyman".

anyways, lets hope they seize all guns. too many gun nuts.

1) Tucker is a smart man and I don't mind being compared to him.

2) Like me, Tucker could have easily predicted how senseless it was to have 25,000 NG at the capitol.

3) My predictions about "alt-right terror attacks" have always come true. I don't have egg on my face after saying "alt-right terrorists are the biggest threat this nation faces" for the past 6 years, and then nothing happens. How much egg is on your face now? Pelosi's? You guys look like a young Kamala harris, working her way up in Cali. 

14 hours ago, Shady said:

The primary purpose of impeachment is to remove a president from office.  Democrats are now in the process of ruining another institution of government in order to “get” Trump.  It reminds me of Moby Dick.  Democrats need their whale, at all costs.  Even if it further polarized the country.  Meanwhile, there still isn’t a covid relief bill, and instead of having the senate in session for that, they’re going to run an impeachment trial in which the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court has refused to participate.  There isn’t a more disgusting group of people.  It’s going to be so fun when they get their ass handed to them in the mid term election and lose the house and senate by huge margins.

Congress can walk and chew gum at the same time. Biden had Senators over to discuss a compromise, they seem far off. 

What the Democrats and, I suspect many Republicans, would want from a Convictions is to then have vote barring him from every holding federal office again. 

The legal argument that he can't be impeached after leaving office is spurious. If it was true, any POTUS could commit any number of crimes on their last in office and face no consequences. 

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

This is the type of support Trump courted.

Or they were planted there by the left to look impressive. The left is courting him now. He sure looks impressive!

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's nice to retroactively mock this lot now

Mocking? Wait a sec, I thought this was on Saturday Night Live! This is real now? :blink:

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Or they were planted there by the left to look impressive. The left is courting him now. He sure looks impressive!

You believe that? :lol: 

Let's say you're right. Then the fact such a ridiculous person could infiltrate these organizations so easily and incite a riot is itself an indictment of this simple-minded impressionable lot. 

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Like Napoleon he plots his return, and this time even stronger. Then the royal blood shall want to run!

That is why they fear him and want him dead... even his next of kin.

Trump's political career ended on January 6, 2021. Any hope he had to run for office in 2024 ended on that date.  Did you see his approval ratings plummet at an unprecedented level, for the final two weeks of his term?  The American public has washed it's hands of 45.

7 minutes ago, Petros said:

Did you see his approval ratings plummet at an unprecedented level, for the final two weeks of his term?  The American public has washed it's hands of 45.

You mean the "ratings" posted by the media outlets that support banning political speech, and who use their networks to remove alternative voices, and applications like Parler?

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Sedition being the default rallying cry of the elite whenever the peasants plan some kind of uprising.

I guess one person's seditious traitor is another person's revolutionary. 

Those Seditious Free French Forces! :huh:

Edited by Boges