future of the Republican party

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Hearing a leftist talking about 'critically thinking' about anything political in nature is a hoot.

This is lame. I'm far from a "leftist" and not all leftists lack the ability of critical thinking and obviously, even if all leftists did not have it, it still does not excuse not having it, rather sets one on the same level with those who don't have it. That's if there was need in any further evidence. If it was not already a confirmed and many times documented fact.

1 hour ago, myata said:

This is lame. I'm far from a "leftist" and not all leftists lack the ability of critical thinking and obviously, even if all leftists did not have it, it still does not excuse not having it, rather sets one on the same level with those who don't have it. That's if there was need in any further evidence. If it was not already a confirmed and many times documented fact.

It's not lame at all, it's quite an accurate counter to your post.

I'll grant you that maybe there are some places on this earth where leftists don't lack the ability to think for themselves but none of them have that ability in America or they wouldn't be leftists. I'm not kidding when I say that everyone who considers themselves a demonrat was sucked in by all of the things that I mentioned (unless they're manipulators), and more

Do you think that you can cite some leftists who spoke out strongly against the violent riots of 2014-2016 or 2020? The collusion hoax? Can you find some leftists who were alarmed by the fact that high-ranking members of the FBI were caught committing serious crimes? Can you name some leftists who weren't sucked in by Dr Ford? Can you name some leftists who don't think that Trump asked Zelenski point blank to investigate the Biden's Burisma scandal? There are many more....

Leftists get sucked in by everything that they see on CNN, period. 

There isn't a single leftist on this site who can watch CNN and notice even the most blatant lies and bullshit. Not one. If an apprentice carpenter on CNN said that drinking your own piss was the only way to save yourself from covid they'd all do it, unless they were suicidal.

Ask any leftist which presidential candidate got caught cheating on the 2016 election and I guarantee you that every single one of them will say "Trump", but the fact remains that Hillary is known to have cheated THREE TIMES. Trump has been falsely accused of colluding with Russia one single time, that's it.

I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that American leftists are a gaggle of muppets who COMPLETELY lack the ability to think for themselves. 100%. Carved in stone. 

I tell my kid that there are basically 3 levels of intelligence: 1) people who can figure things out for themselves and predict things, 2) people who can understand what other people are explaining to them, and 3) people who can't understand things even when they're explained to them. Leftists fit into category 3, to a man. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I tell my kid that there are basically ...

One can say and tell anything... and it doesn't mean that they understand it or act as they say. "Stolen election" are lies. Storming the Capitol, a violent insurrection.  "Find me 10,000 votes", an assault on the democracy, exactly what they say in Maputu.

These are obvious facts. Now who does not have the capacity to think and decide for themselves or even see the reality with own eyes rather than ears tuned to a single, one frequency.

2 hours ago, myata said:

One can say and tell anything... and it doesn't mean that they understand it or act as they say. "Stolen election" are lies. Storming the Capitol, a violent insurrection.  "Find me 10,000 votes", an assault on the democracy, exactly what they say in Maputu.

These are obvious facts. Now who does not have the capacity to think and decide for themselves or even see the reality with own eyes rather than ears tuned to a single, one frequency.

Lol. The biggest thing that you can find out of the last 7 years is 90 minutes of quazi-rioting at the capitol by less than 200 people myata? 

What you fail to understand is that conservatives don't agree with what happened either. We don't act like it was a myth or it was peaceful. It's just not at all what liberal sycophants make it out to be. The actions of 200 unarmed people don't speak for over 100M.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What you fail to understand is that conservatives don't agree with what happened either.

Ok that's interesting please slow down here. Who did not agree, who did not accept the lies, who asked for responsibility - and what happened to them?

1 hour ago, myata said:

Ok that's interesting please slow down here. Who did not agree, who did not accept the lies, who asked for responsibility - and what happened to them?

The exact people that had you sucked in for most of the last ten years just sucked you in again, and you're asking their stupid questions instead of 'critically thinking'. 

If you're keeping score, I correctly stated [paraphrasing] that leftists are the biggest group of muppets since the German people blindly followed Adolf Hitler and the Nazis, and you're getting bogged down talking about how many people supported 2 hrs of unarmed riots. I'm talking about a class 6 hurricane, you're talking about a tempest in a teapot.

Leftists lovingly gobbled up tens of thousands of doses of blatant, idiotic propaganda and then regurgitated it venomously for more than half a decade. Those people supported violent, racially bigoted riots (which had no basis in fact) which featured dozens of murders and thousands of assaults for almost 3 full years.

Now those exact same leftists are going berserk over an extremely small quazi-riot that lasted less than 2 hours on one day in January of 2021.

Leftists said: "Police and the National Guard need to let the rioters continue to burn cities and assault people unhindered!" for years. Now they're supporting tens of thousands of National Guardsmen to stop another unarmed riot of 200 people?????????????? Are you fuckin kidding me?

FYI the National Guard are in DC as part of a fear mongering campaign by the Demonrats. "White, conservative men are the biggest terrorist group in North America!!!!! Everybody panic! Just look at the massive body count that may start to exist at some point in the future!" lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

""

Was not a single character or shred of thought relevant to the question, sorry. Ok got it. We did not agree but we have to support him and worship him and shout and blame anybody he would point us to for not accepting and calling his lies because it's lefties. So much for the critical thought and makes total sense. Thanks, a nice illustration of the point.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

Was not a single character or shred of thought relevant to the question, sorry. Ok got it. We did not agree but we have to support him and worship him and shout and blame anybody he would point us to for not accepting and calling his lies because it's lefties. So much for the critical thought and makes total sense. Thanks, a nice illustration of the point.

There's a very good reason why you can't address any single topic that I've brought up, and there are many more. 

Feel free to go back into your cozy bubble if you don't want to talk myata. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Exactly right. #BLM

The actions of the BLM leaders speak for BLM, the Obamas endorsed the rioting when they were in the WH, and even after they were out Michelle was still encouraging kids to "stay angry", "focus their anger" and "never let people tell you not to be angry".

There were closer to 200,000 BLM followers participating in rioting than 200.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

The actions of the BLM leaders speak for BLM, the Obamas endorsed the rioting when they were in the WH, and even after they were out Michelle was still encouraging kids to "stay angry", "focus their anger" and "never let people tell you not to be angry".

There were closer to 200,000 BLM followers participating in rioting than 200.

Good facts.

Factum

1 hour ago, myata said:

Just because Trump said so? Makes it an instant (alternative) fact?

In the part I quoted, Obamas calling for violence and for people to stay angry. Stay angry means don't forgive. The message coming from the left has too much hate in it for my liking. They've gone too far. People are starting to reject leftism.

So, short answer is "yes"...    ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, myata said:

Just because Trump said so? Makes it an instant (alternative) fact?

OK, how many BLM rioters do you think there were myata?

Did it just take 200 BLMers to injure 2,000 cops, cause billions of dollars in damages, loot all the stores, burn down all the buildings, and commit all of the violent assaults and murders at all the different BLM riots in all the different cities? 

If 200 people did all of that damage, killed 20 people, assaulted so many cops and civilians then why was Kamala bailing them out of jail? They're basically super-villains.

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

In the part I quoted, Obamas calling for violence and for people to stay angry. Stay angry means don't forgive. The message coming from the left has too much hate in it for my liking. They've gone too far. People are starting to reject leftism.

It is not though. "Angry" is not a synonym of "violent" and just saying a number does not make it a fact. Yes there's a reason to be angry about innocent people being killed without a cause. No, it is not a justification for violence. Should be obvious but how would one know?

2 hours ago, myata said:

It is not though. "Angry" is not a synonym of "violent" and just saying a number does not make it a fact. Yes there's a reason to be angry about innocent people being killed without a cause. No, it is not a justification for violence. Should be obvious but how would one know?

Stop being an apologist for the incitement of violence and murder myata.

Michelle Obama knew that police officers were being assaulted every day, she knew that innocent people and officers were being killed, she knew that businesses were being looted and burned to the ground, she knew that entire communities were being devastated, and she knew that it was all based on disinformation, yet instead of calling for reason she chose to ramp up the destructive rhetoric.

Do you think that she didn't know her words would lead to more violence? 

Why wasn't the current level of violence enough for her? Why did she choose to lionize the rioters in that moment? 

Because it just wasn't enough for her. Like Kamala (the descendant of a black, female slave-owner), she wanted to see it keep going. 

Michelle Obama is a disgusting piece of filth, period. 

You succeeded in articulating your strong dislike for M. Obama and K. Harris, less so in proving your argument with clear logic and objective facts. Note that these aren't the same. Strength of dislike does not add any ground or substance to the argument. Many however, confuse them for being related.

6 hours ago, myata said:

Given the tense situation in the streets and how the media was  publishing disinformation about black people and the law, her comments made things worse. Political figures should be held accountable for their words, if they incited race hatred. Obama was wrong. Instead of calling for de-escalation she made it worse.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Given the tense situation in the streets and how the media was  publishing disinformation about black people and the law, her comments made things worse. Political figures should be held accountable for their words, if they incited race hatred. Obama was wrong. Instead of calling for de-escalation she made it worse.

That is an opinion and you have the right to your as well as Obama to her. Every person whom these events affect directly, who has experienced them in real life has the right to feel angry and speak about it. How they use that right can be a matter of discussion. What it cannot be used for, logically and factually, is to equate an opinion with conscious and deliberate lies like "stolen election". It is not the same thing. Anyone who wants to have an honest discussion and look for solutions has to admit that. And anyone who is looking to find any pretext, any straw to reinforce already prejudged beliefs isn't even looking for a solution.

After Trump's election and the events that followed Republican party had a window of opportunity to reposition itself as an inclusive Constitutional party. And it looks all but closed now. Loud authoritarian crowd will push out moderates and independently minded. Cheering for the great guru and unquestionable leader will become a ticket to positions of power in the party. And that is a danger to democracy as demonstrated over and again in the history. It comes not from outside but from those who come to believe that democracy works for them, not the society as a whole. In a divided society the very platform for the democracy and rule of law above partisan interests erodes. And that is not some fiction but the territory we're in now. Next time a president will tell to an election official "find me votes" what will happen after those who stood up for the Constitution and the law were ostracized?

1 hour ago, myata said:

After Trump's election and the events that followed Republican party had a window of opportunity to reposition itself as an inclusive Constitutional party. And it looks all but closed now. Loud authoritarian crowd will push out moderates and independently minded. Cheering for the great guru and unquestionable leader will become a ticket to positions of power in the party.

Even on your own side of the aisle (and no, I don't believe you're anything like an Independent) there are those who disagree with you.

The following is from the rightist Newsbusters quoting leftist Jeff Greenfield writing in Politico:

"

The very title of his column published on Wednesday reflected that opinion, "A GOP Civil War? Don’t Bet On It":

Among Democrats painfully aware of their tiny or non-existent margins in the House and Senate, the prospect of a divided Republican Party offers hope that this “civil war” will redound to Democrats’ advantage in 2022.

They shouldn’t be so sure.

First, beyond a few spats that make headlines, it’s getting harder to detect any serious division among rank-and-file Republicans.

(....)

Second, and more significant, history is littered with times that critics on the left, and in the pundit class, were positive the Republican Party was setting itself up for defeat by embracing its extremes ... only to watch the party comfortably surge into power.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/pj-gladnick/2021/05/15/jeff-greenfield-divided-gop-civil-war-media-myth