future of the Republican party

Your daily roundup of Republican vileness:

1) Idaho Republican votes against using federal funds for early education, says it makes it 'easier for mothers to come out of the home'

BOISE, Idaho — March is Women's History Month and on Tuesday, one Idaho state representative voted against accepting federal grants to help kids get ready for kindergarten because it "makes it easier or more convenient for mothers to come out of the home."

"I don't think anybody does a better job than mothers in the home, and any bill that makes it easier or more convenient for mothers to come out of the home and let others raise their child, I don't think that's a good direction for us to be going," he said.

The bill failed on a 34-36 vote, but it is expected to be reconsidered.

Rep. Shepherd thinks this chance to help kids get ready for kindergarten, not necessarily raising them, would do damage to the family unit by making it easier for mothers to get out of the home and live their lives.

Happy Women's History Month, Idaho!

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/local/208/idaho-republican-votes-against-education-funds-convenient-for-mothers-to-come-out-of-the-home/277-645ae7a7-601e-4557-9d7c-f8df5c22949c?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

2) Businesses tied to Noem family got $600,000 in virus grants

PIERRE, S.D. — Family members of South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem received more than $600,000 in funds from a state grant program pushed by the governor that directed federal coronavirus relief funds to small businesses.

...The Legislature approved the grant plan in October, but the family businesses benefitted from adjustments the Republican governor made. The plan initially capped grants at $100,000, but later in the month, with plentiful federal funds at their disposal, Noem’s administration adjusted the grant cap to $500,000. The governor also later opened up a second round of grant applications to businesses hurt by the pandemic from September to November.

...A total of 126 businesses across the state — less than 4% of grant applicants — received grants of $500,000. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/health/businesses-tied-to-noem-family-got-600000-in-virus-grants/2021/03/03/604456d2-7c7d-11eb-8c5e-32e47b42b51b_story.html%3foutputType=amp

3) Trump’s Pentagon Blocked Troops From Getting to the Capitol Riots For Hours, DC National Guard Commander Said

The DC National Guard commander said he was not allowed to send troops to the Capitol, in sharp contrast to the city’s George Floyd protests last year, when troops were given immediate permission to deploy. 

WASHINGTON — The head of the DC National Guard told Congress Wednesday he was “stunned” as senior military leaders refused desperate pleas to send in troops to quell the Jan. 6 riots at the Capitol.

Even after the Capitol had been breached, Pentagon officials in the Trump administration held off on sending in reinforcements for three hours and 19 minutes while citing a concern about “optics,” DC National Guard commanding general William Walker told the Senate Rules and Administration Committee.

Walker said that former president Donald Trump’s acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller leveled “unusual” restrictions the day before the riots that required Walker to seek Miller’s permission to move troops or to allow members of a rapid response unit to arm themselves or put on helmets or body armor.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/paulmcleod/trump-pentagon-blocked-national-guard-capitol

On 3/3/2021 at 6:07 PM, BeaverFever said:

- Aid Frozen in July, unfrozen in September. 

- Trump explicitly demanded Zelenski investigae Hunter Biden  

- No “pipeline of money to the Biden family, just a salasry for Hunter

Go look it up  

I don't blame you for being completely ignorant of all this, or lying about it, you're just toeing the party line

You're just a straight up liar.

What you said there is 100% false. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/trump-ukraine-phone-call-transcript-text-pdf-1510770

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.

President Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. 

For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you.

The President: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that’s really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what’s happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it… It sounds horrible to me.

Crowdstrike is not about Biden AT ALL. Crowdstrike is bout Russian collusion, PERIOD!! Trump said nothing at all like what you said in your post. AT THIS LATE STAGE IN THE GAME STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE BECAUSE EVEN YOUR OWN LEFTIST SITES HAVE THE TRUTH IN BLACK AND WHITE. Unless your IQ is zero, you are a total liar. 

On 3/3/2021 at 9:32 PM, BeaverFever said:

1) Idaho Republican votes against using federal funds for early education, says it makes it 'easier for mothers to come out of the home'

BOISE, Idaho — March is Women's History Month and on Tuesday, one Idaho state representative voted against accepting federal grants to help kids get ready for kindergarten because it "makes it easier or more convenient for mothers to come out of the home."

"I don't think anybody does a better job than mothers in the home, and any bill that makes it easier or more convenient for mothers to come out of the home and let others raise their child, I don't think that's a good direction for us to be going," he said.

Rep. Shepherd thinks this chance to help kids get ready for kindergarten, not necessarily raising them, would do damage to the family unit by making it easier for mothers to get out of the home and live their lives.

Happy Women's History Month, Idaho!

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/local/208/idaho-republican-votes-against-education-funds-convenient-for-mothers-to-come-out-of-the-home/277-645ae7a7-601e-4557-9d7c-f8df5c22949c?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

2) Businesses tied to Noem family got $600,000 in virus grants

PIERRE, S.D. — Family members of South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem received more than $600,000 in funds from a state grant program pushed by the governor that directed federal coronavirus relief funds to small businesses.

...The Legislature approved the grant plan in October, but the family businesses benefitted from adjustments the Republican governor made. The plan initially capped grants at $100,000, but later in the month, with plentiful federal funds at their disposal, Noem’s administration adjusted the grant cap to $500,000. The governor also later opened up a second round of grant applications to businesses hurt by the pandemic from September to November.

...A total of 126 businesses across the state — less than 4% of grant applicants — received grants of $500,000. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/health/businesses-tied-to-noem-family-got-600000-in-virus-grants/2021/03/03/604456d2-7c7d-11eb-8c5e-32e47b42b51b_story.html%3foutputType=amp

3) Trump’s Pentagon Blocked Troops From Getting to the Capitol Riots For Hours, DC National Guard Commander Said

The DC National Guard commander said he was not allowed to send troops to the Capitol, in sharp contrast to the city’s George Floyd protests last year, when troops were given immediate permission to deploy. 

WASHINGTON — The head of the DC National Guard told Congress Wednesday he was “stunned” as senior military leaders refused desperate pleas to send in troops to quell the Jan. 6 riots at the Capitol.

Even after the Capitol had been breached, Pentagon officials in the Trump administration held off on sending in reinforcements for three hours and 19 minutes while citing a concern about “optics,” DC National Guard commanding general William Walker told the Senate Rules and Administration Committee.

Walker said that former president Donald Trump’s acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller leveled “unusual” restrictions the day before the riots that required Walker to seek Miller’s permission to move troops or to allow members of a rapid response unit to arm themselves or put on helmets or body armor.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/paulmcleod/trump-pentagon-blocked-national-guard-capitol

Crickets from the right eh?  Ok time for round 2

1) Trump Appointee At VOA Parent Paid Law Firm Millions To Investigate His Own Staff

Last summer, an appointee of former President Donald Trump was irate because he could not simply fire top executives who had warned him that some of his plans might be illegal.

Michael Pack, who was CEO of the U.S. Agency for Global Media that oversees Voice of America, in August suspended those top executives. He also immediately ordered up an investigation to determine what wrongdoing the executives might have committed.

Instead of turning to inspectors general or civil servants to investigate, Pack personally signed a no-bid contract to hire a high-profile law firm with strong Republican ties. 

The bill — footed by taxpayers — exceeded a million dollars in just the first few months of the contract.

The group's analysis of the new documents, shared with NPR, found the law firm McGuireWoods charged more than $320 per hour for 3,200 billable hours from August through October alone. It devoted five partners, six associates, two lawyers "of counsel," two staff attorneys, seven paralegals, three case assistants, 14 other timekeepers, and 11 "outsourced attorneys" to the work.

(According to exchanges between USAGM staffers reviewed by NPR, November and December charges from the law firm exceeded $1.2 million. Those exchanges were not part of the documents released on Thursday.)

The invoices reflect that McGuireWoods' legal team, among other duties, reviewed social media posts, "news articles relating to Michael Pack" and an "[Office of Inspector General] audit on Hillary Clinton's email breach." 

It was not immediately apparent what the controversy involving the former Secretary of State had to do with the investigation of the suspended USAGM executives. Clinton by then had already been out of office for more than seven years.

"The engagement constitutes gross mismanagement, gross waste of taxpayer dollars and abuse of authority”

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/04/973765185/trump-appointee-at-voa-parent-paid-law-firm-millions-to-investigate-his-own-staf

2) Trump appointee arrested in connection with Capitol riot

Federico Klein, a former State Department aide, was picked up Thursday on charges stemming from the Jan. 6 takeover of Congress.

The FBI on Thursday arrested Federico Klein, a former State Department aide, on charges related to the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, marking the first known instance of an appointee of President Donald Trump facing criminal prosecution in connection with the attempt to block Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s victory.

Klein, 42, was taken into custody in Virginia, said Samantha Shero, a spokesperson for the FBI’s Washington Field Office. Details on the charges against him were not immediately available.

Klein worked on Trump’s 2016 campaign and was then hired at the State Department. As of last summer, he was listed in a federal directory as serving as a special assistant in the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs and was designated as a “Schedule C” political appointee.

Klein worked for a time in the State Department’s Office of Brazilian and Southern Cone Affairs before being transferred to the office that handles Freedom of Information Act requests, according to a former colleague who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

On Trump’s 2016 campaign, Klein — also known as Freddie — worked as a “tech analyst,” according to Federal Election Commission records. He earned $15,000 there, according to a financial disclosure he filed when he joined the State Department. He was paid an additional $5,000 by the campaign in 2017, the FEC records show.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/04/trump-appointee-arrested-for-capitol-riot-473825

3) Trump's Justice Dept failed to prosecute cabinet members (4 times)

In a normal term, having a cabinet secretary referred to the Justice Department for prosecution would be extraordinary. With Trump, it happened four times.

March 4, 2021, 3:17 PM EST

First, there was Ryan Zinke. Corruption allegations involving Donald Trump's scandal-plagued Interior secretary were referred to Justice Department prosecutors, but Trump's DOJ declined to charge the Montana Republican.

Then there was Alex Acosta, Donald Trump's scandal-plagued Labor secretary, who was also referred to Justice Department prosecutors, only to have Trump's DOJ decline to charge the Florida Republican, too.

And who can forget Robert Wilkie, Donald Trump's controversial VA secretary, who was -- you guessed it -- referred to Justice Department prosecutors, only to have Trump's DOJ choose not to charge him, either.

The Trump administration is obviously over, but it turns out this club has a fourth member.

The Transportation Department's watchdog asked the Justice Department to criminally investigate Elaine Chao late last year over concerns that she misused her office when she was transportation secretary under President Donald Trump but was rebuffed, according to a report released Wednesday.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-s-justice-dept-failed-prosecute-cabinet-members-4-times-n1259656

On 3/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, BeaverFever said:

Abject stupidity, thy name is leftist.

WTF kind of sense do the words "early education" make in that bolded (lol) heading Beave? (Honestly, bolding that was like bolding "3 = 3 = 87,000")

Do you think that Kindergarten prep school qualifies as "early education"? Do you think that they're taking a sandbox calculus course there, or do you think that Kindergarten is actually the prep course for Gr 1? 

Leftist snob: "My kid is going to a prep school to get ready for his prep school. My nannies have been prepping him for it since he was 2. At least I think they were, I don't speak Mexicanese. Actually, I don't even understand my own kid. Is there a prep school for ESL as well?"

Look on the bright side, if the Kindergarten prep school doesn't get funding, it's saving the toddlers from hearing about Dr Seuss from subversives :lol:

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You're just a straight up liar.

What you said there is 100% false. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/trump-ukraine-phone-call-transcript-text-pdf-1510770

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call

Crowdstrike is not about Biden AT ALL. Crowdstrike is bout Russian collusion, PERIOD!! Trump said nothing at all like what you said in your post. AT THIS LATE STAGE IN THE GAME STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE BECAUSE EVEN YOUR OWN LEFTIST SITES HAVE THE TRUTH IN BLACK AND WHITE. Unless your IQ is zero, you are a total liar. 

Hey dumbfuck why don’t you read to the end of your own document for once:

The President: “Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.”

G.A.O. Report Says Trump Administration Broke Law in Withholding Ukraine Aid

As the Senate prepared for the impeachment trial, the Government Accountability Office said the White House violated a law that limits a president’s power to withhold money allocated by Congress.

New documents show Trump officials laid the groundwork for Ukraine's aid freeze the night before his call to Zelensky

Officials at the White House budget office prepared to freeze almost $400 million in military aid to Ukraine the day before President Donald Trump's July 25 phone call with President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, new documents show. 

The revelation came on the same day as opening arguments began in Trump's Senate impeachment trial, The documents were released in response to an FOIA request by the transparency group American Oversight

In one email, dated July 24 — the day before Trump's July 25 phonecall with Zelensky — budget officials shared a "Ukraine Prep Memo" with Michael Duffey, the budget official who played a key role in the Ukraine aid freeze. 

The messages, like most of the emails released Tuesday, are heavily redacted. 

"We will be standing by to answer any questions that you have and are happy to schedule time to discuss if you like," OMB official Paul Denaro wrote to Duffey.

The day after, Duffey asked budget official Mark Sandy about the footnote, which is the techincal device used to freeze the funding. 

In response, Sandy shared what he called a "revised footnote."

...Roughly 90 minutes after Trump's phone call with Zelensky, Duffey officially froze Ukraine's military aid.

Later emails show Pentagon official Elaine McCusker raising concerns about the legality of the freeze, but these sections are also heavily redacted. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-aid-freeze-was-prepped-before-trump-call-new-documents-show-2020-1

Edited by BeaverFever

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Abject stupidity, thy name is leftist.

WTF kind of sense do the words "early education" make in that bolded (lol) heading Beave? (Honestly, bolding that was like bolding "3 = 3 = 87,000")

Do you think that Kindergarten prep school qualifies as "early education"? Do you think that they're taking a sandbox calculus course there, or do you think that Kindergarten is actually the prep course for Gr 1? 

Leftist snob: "My kid is going to a prep school to get ready for his prep school. My nannies have been prepping him for it since he was 2. At least I think they were, I don't speak Mexicanese. Actually, I don't even understand my own kid. Is there a prep school for ESL as well?"

Look on the bright side, if the Kindergarten prep school doesn't get funding, it's saving the toddlers from hearing about Dr Seuss from subversives :lol:

You take extra stupid pills tonight or something?  Not at all surprised that you don’t know what education is or how it works, given that we’ve established your lack of it.  And you don’t seem like you’ve had kids either. 

Also not surprised you have no objection to the Republican pig’s claim that women should be discouraged from leaving the house. Or that children should be denied education in order to prevent that. 

On 1/30/2021 at 6:18 PM, Argus said:

The Republican Party is full of douchebags and sleazoids. Lauren Boebert is no different.

They did none of that. China increased its trade deficit. Wall Street made record profits. Big Tech increased its power and profits. And the only thing they did for ordinary working men and women was take away much of their health care and let them die of covid.

Agreed!

11 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Hey dumbfuck why don’t you read to the end of your own document for once:

The President: “Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.”

G.A.O. Report Says Trump Administration Broke Law in Withholding Ukraine Aid

As the Senate prepared for the impeachment trial, the Government Accountability Office said the White House violated a law that limits a president’s power to withhold money allocated by Congress.

New documents show Trump officials laid the groundwork for Ukraine's aid freeze the night before his call to Zelensky

Officials at the White House budget office prepared to freeze almost $400 million in military aid to Ukraine the day before President Donald Trump's July 25 phone call with President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, new documents show. 

The revelation came on the same day as opening arguments began in Trump's Senate impeachment trial, The documents were released in response to an FOIA request by the transparency group American Oversight

In one email, dated July 24 — the day before Trump's July 25 phonecall with Zelensky — budget officials shared a "Ukraine Prep Memo" with Michael Duffey, the budget official who played a key role in the Ukraine aid freeze. 

The messages, like most of the emails released Tuesday, are heavily redacted. 

"We will be standing by to answer any questions that you have and are happy to schedule time to discuss if you like," OMB official Paul Denaro wrote to Duffey.

The day after, Duffey asked budget official Mark Sandy about the footnote, which is the techincal device used to freeze the funding. 

In response, Sandy shared what he called a "revised footnote."

...Roughly 90 minutes after Trump's phone call with Zelensky, Duffey officially froze Ukraine's military aid.

Later emails show Pentagon official Elaine McCusker raising concerns about the legality of the freeze, but these sections are also heavily redacted. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-aid-freeze-was-prepped-before-trump-call-new-documents-show-2020-1

Hey dumbfuck, your quote still doesn't say anything even remotely close to what you said it does. Go read your idiotic quote and compare it to what you bolded there. 

11 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

You take extra stupid pills tonight or something?  Not at all surprised that you don’t know what education is or how it works, given that we’ve established your lack of it.  And you don’t seem like you’ve had kids either. 

Also not surprised you have no objection to the Republican pig’s claim that women should be discouraged from leaving the house. Or that children should be denied education in order to prevent that. 

Don't cry and play feminist just to deflect attention away from the stupidity of your comment.

You're acting like this is an 'early education' issue but it's actually a 'prep school for kindergarten' issue. They'd just be learning to sit criss cross applesauce on cue and to keep their boogers to themselves. 

If you want to give your kids a head start then the onus is on you to pay the money and send them to a drone factory like Montessori where they're not allowed to laugh or kick a ball. If you don't have the money because you suck then your kids don't get government money. Too bad. 

Here's a heads-up for if you ever have kids: when they are so young that they still say 'mommy' they need to be with their mommies. Kindergarten is early enough to start sending your kids into the curriculum. 

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Don't cry and play feminist just to deflect attention away from the stupidity of your comment.

You're acting like this is an 'early education' issue but it's actually a 'prep school for kindergarten' issue. They'd just be learning to sit criss cross applesauce on cue and to keep their boogers to themselves. 

If you want to give your kids a head start then the onus is on you to pay the money and send them to a drone factory like Montessori where they're not allowed to laugh or kick a ball. If you don't have the money because you suck then your kids don't get government money. Too bad. 

Here's a heads-up for if you ever have kids: when they are so young that they still say 'mommy' they need to be with their mommies. Kindergarten is early enough to start sending your kids into the curriculum. 

Hey stupid sexist!  Unlike you I have kids and I know what the fuck preschool and pre-k are:

The funding would support such things as children’s library programs, kindergarten readiness programs, classes teaching adults about early literacy, support for homeschooling families and programs that help parents find child care.

Maybe if you weren’t such an unlikable prick you’d have a family too and would know this stuff. 

Oh and I guess you missed the part where it was a geant from the Trump administration that they received in the past. Aren’t you outraged they denied your lord and master?  If they’re so smart how come they accepted the money last year?

f you don't have the money because you suck then your kids don't get government money. Too bad. 

Are those the “working class values “ you conservatives claim to have recently discovered?

Edited by BeaverFever

Hey dumbfuck, your quote still doesn't say anything even remotely close to what you said it does. Go read your idiotic quote and compare it to what you bolded there. 

You already got caught lying when you said he never mentioned Biden on the call and never froze the aid so what’s left to discuss 

On 3/4/2021 at 10:42 PM, BeaverFever said:

Crickets from the right eh?  Ok time for round 2

1) Trump Appointee At VOA Parent Paid Law Firm Millions To Investigate His Own Staff

Last summer, an appointee of former President Donald Trump was irate because he could not simply fire top executives who had warned him that some of his plans might be illegal.

Michael Pack, who was CEO of the U.S. Agency for Global Media that oversees Voice of America, in August suspended those top executives. He also immediately ordered up an investigation to determine what wrongdoing the executives might have committed.

Instead of turning to inspectors general or civil servants to investigate, Pack personally signed a no-bid contract to hire a high-profile law firm with strong Republican ties. 

The bill — footed by taxpayers — exceeded a million dollars in just the first few months of the contract.

The group's analysis of the new documents, shared with NPR, found the law firm McGuireWoods charged more than $320 per hour for 3,200 billable hours from August through October alone. It devoted five partners, six associates, two lawyers "of counsel," two staff attorneys, seven paralegals, three case assistants, 14 other timekeepers, and 11 "outsourced attorneys" to the work.

(According to exchanges between USAGM staffers reviewed by NPR, November and December charges from the law firm exceeded $1.2 million. Those exchanges were not part of the documents released on Thursday.)

The invoices reflect that McGuireWoods' legal team, among other duties, reviewed social media posts, "news articles relating to Michael Pack" and an "[Office of Inspector General] audit on Hillary Clinton's email breach." 

It was not immediately apparent what the controversy involving the former Secretary of State had to do with the investigation of the suspended USAGM executives. Clinton by then had already been out of office for more than seven years.

"The engagement constitutes gross mismanagement, gross waste of taxpayer dollars and abuse of authority”

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/04/973765185/trump-appointee-at-voa-parent-paid-law-firm-millions-to-investigate-his-own-staf

2) Trump appointee arrested in connection with Capitol riot

Federico Klein, a former State Department aide, was picked up Thursday on charges stemming from the Jan. 6 takeover of Congress.

The FBI on Thursday arrested Federico Klein, a former State Department aide, on charges related to the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, marking the first known instance of an appointee of President Donald Trump facing criminal prosecution in connection with the attempt to block Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s victory.

Klein, 42, was taken into custody in Virginia, said Samantha Shero, a spokesperson for the FBI’s Washington Field Office. Details on the charges against him were not immediately available.

Klein worked on Trump’s 2016 campaign and was then hired at the State Department. As of last summer, he was listed in a federal directory as serving as a special assistant in the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs and was designated as a “Schedule C” political appointee.

Klein worked for a time in the State Department’s Office of Brazilian and Southern Cone Affairs before being transferred to the office that handles Freedom of Information Act requests, according to a former colleague who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

On Trump’s 2016 campaign, Klein — also known as Freddie — worked as a “tech analyst,” according to Federal Election Commission records. He earned $15,000 there, according to a financial disclosure he filed when he joined the State Department. He was paid an additional $5,000 by the campaign in 2017, the FEC records show.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/04/trump-appointee-arrested-for-capitol-riot-473825

3) Trump's Justice Dept failed to prosecute cabinet members (4 times)

In a normal term, having a cabinet secretary referred to the Justice Department for prosecution would be extraordinary. With Trump, it happened four times.

March 4, 2021, 3:17 PM EST

First, there was Ryan Zinke. Corruption allegations involving Donald Trump's scandal-plagued Interior secretary were referred to Justice Department prosecutors, but Trump's DOJ declined to charge the Montana Republican.

Then there was Alex Acosta, Donald Trump's scandal-plagued Labor secretary, who was also referred to Justice Department prosecutors, only to have Trump's DOJ decline to charge the Florida Republican, too.

And who can forget Robert Wilkie, Donald Trump's controversial VA secretary, who was -- you guessed it -- referred to Justice Department prosecutors, only to have Trump's DOJ choose not to charge him, either.

The Trump administration is obviously over, but it turns out this club has a fourth member.

The Transportation Department's watchdog asked the Justice Department to criminally investigate Elaine Chao late last year over concerns that she misused her office when she was transportation secretary under President Donald Trump but was rebuffed, according to a report released Wednesday.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-s-justice-dept-failed-prosecute-cabinet-members-4-times-n1259656

Today’s edition:  Pizzagate is real!  Only it involves Republicans amd no pizza!

Red state Texas high school starts Handmaids Tale training school for obedient women!

Also billionaire GOP donor shows Republican  “blue collar values” with biggest tax fraud scheme ever discovered !

1) Trump Commerce official was arrested in November on child pornography charges

A Trump Commerce Department official has been jailed since November on federal charges of receiving and possession of child pornography.

Adam Hageman, 25, is accused of “sharing a child pornography video and commenting several times on sexually abusing children” as captured in graphic messages in an online chat, according to a complaint in U.S. District Court in the District of Columbia.

At the time he became a federal employee, Hageman had been posting in the chat group for months, prosecutors allege.

According to a pretrial detention memo filed on Nov. 17, prosecutors charge that Hageman was “an active participant, often soliciting child pornography or commenting on it,” and “invited at least one other person who he knew to be interested in child pornography and bestiality to the chat.”

Homeland Security agents executed a search warrant at Hageman’s Washington home on Nov. 12, according to the complaint, at which point Hageman “stated that he had been saving child pornography” and provided officers with a password to access stored content on his phone. He also told authorities he’d downloaded child pornography as recently as the day before and admitted to using the unnamed app to access and download videos, the complaint says.

Hageman was taken into custody the next day. 

According to the pretrial detention memo, Hageman’s phone “contained at least 33 videos that appear to contain sexually explicit depictions of children, including of prepubescent children.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/03/05/trump-commerce-official-arrested-473906

2) Texas School 'Chivalry' Assignment Tells Girls To Obey And Dress To Please Men

Female students at Shallowater High School were directed to obey, clean up after and walk behind men as part of an assignment for "Chivalry Day."

A Texas high school is under fire after issuing an assignment this week on “chivalry” that instructed girls to dress to please men, address men “respectfully by title,” not “complain or whine” and to walk behind men “daintily, as if their feet were bound.”

The task required students at Shallowater High School in Lubbock County to follow instructions for “Chivalry Day.” The “ladies in the class” were directed to demonstrate how the “code of chivalry and standards set in the medieval concept of courtly love carries over into the modern day” by following the 10 rules listed.

Girls were asked to “dress in a feminine manner to please the men,” “address all men respectfully by title, with a lowered head and curtsy,” “cook (preferably not buy) something for the gentleman in their class,” “not initiate conversations with males,” “walk behind men daintily as if their feet were bound,” “clean up after the men” and “obey any reasonable request of a male,” among several other other requests.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6041bfc6c5b660a0f387697e/amp

3) GOP groups quiet as billionaire donor stands accused of running biggest tax fraud scheme ever

The billionaire accused of running the biggest tax fraud scheme in U.S. history was a prolific donor to Republican groups and causes. The leaders of those organizations have kept quiet on the federal charges against him.

Robert Brockman, former CEO of Ohio-based software company Reynolds & Reynolds, was charged in October with running a $2 billion tax fraud scheme.

Department of Justice officials said at the time that the businessman had hidden capital gains income for more than 20 years through various offshore entities in Bermuda and Nevis and secret bank accounts. Brockman has pleaded not guilty to the alleged crimes.

Brockman’s most recent contributions to Republican committees came in 2017, ahead of the congressional midterm elections the following year, according to Federal Election Commission records.

Representatives of the organizations that are still active did not respond when asked whether they plan to refund or give the total amount of contributions away to charity in the wake of the allegations. The 2017 contributions had yet to be reported in the media.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/gop-groups-quiet-as-donor-accused-of-running-biggest-tax-fraud-scheme-ever.html

Edited by BeaverFever

19 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Hey stupid sexist!  Unlike you I have kids and I know what the fuck preschool and pre-k are:

The funding would support such things as children’s library programs, kindergarten readiness programs, classes teaching adults about early literacy, support for homeschooling families and programs that help parents find child care.

Maybe if you weren’t such an unlikable prick you’d have a family too and would know this stuff. 

Oh and I guess you missed the part where it was a geant from the Trump administration that they received in the past. Aren’t you outraged they denied your lord and master?  If they’re so smart how come they accepted the money last year?

Are those the “working class values “ you conservatives claim to have recently discovered?

Just grow up and admit that you were wrong ffs. 

You touted this as an 'early education' issue and it's nothing like that, at all. You either got sucked in or you're lying again, but kindergarten prep school isn't early education, it's NOT NECESSARY and there's a very good argument to be made that it's detrimental. If you don't understand that I am neither surprised nor concerned. You're just gonna have to go through life like that. 

And FYI, adults can read books or watch youtube videos about early literacy if they want to. Your snotty little argument is complete lunacy, and whether or not the crap got pushed through under a previous administration is a moot point. Pre-covid budgets and post-covid budgets are bound to look quite different. If you had a family you'd understand that sometimes the budget changes. 

19 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

You already got caught lying when you said he never mentioned Biden on the call and never froze the aid so what’s left to discuss 

I never got caught lying at all beave. He asked for a favour regarding crowdstrike, and crowdstrike had nothing at all to do with Biden.

When you talk about the call you always lie about what Trump actually asked a favour for, it's part of the leftist dogma. 

Trump never even breathed a word about the Bidens when he asked for that favour. Zelensky himself spoke after Trump asked for a favour, and Z's the one who broached the topic of 'ongoing investigations', not Trump.

Everything that Trump said about Biden's bragging and the investigation into Burisma was 100% accurate and appropriate. I know that you feel like Trump should only say and do things that you approve of, but in all honesty, we both know that you're not an 'ideas' person.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, WestCanMan said:

Just grow up and admit that you were wrong ffs. 

You touted this as an 'early education' issue and it's nothing like that, at all. You either got sucked in or you're lying again, but kindergarten prep school isn't early education, it's NOT NECESSARY and there's a very good argument to be made that it's detrimental. If you don't understand that I am neither surprised nor concerned. You're just gonna have to go through life like that. 

And FYI, adults can read books or watch youtube videos about early literacy if they want to. Your snotty little argument is complete lunacy, and whether or not the crap got pushed through under a previous administration is a moot point. Pre-covid budgets and post-covid budgets are bound to look quite different. If you had a family you'd understand that sometimes the budget changes. 

You clearly have no fucking idea what you’re talking about and are just making shit up. Literally eerything in your post is just such clueless horseshit. And you still are silent on the Republican’s claim that women should be discouraged from leaving the house....unsurprisingly...

Edited by BeaverFever

On 3/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, WestCanMan said:

I never got caught lying at all beave. He asked for a favour regarding crowdstrike, and crowdstrike had nothing at all to do with Biden.

When you talk about the call you always lie about what Trump actually asked a favour for, it's part of the leftist dogma. 

Trump never even breathed a word about the Bidens when he asked for that favour. Zelensky himself spoke after Trump asked for a favour, and Z's the one who broached the topic of 'ongoing investigations', not Trump.

Everything that Trump said about Biden's bragging and the investigation into Burisma was 100% accurate and appropriate. I know that you feel like Trump should only say and do things that you approve of, but in all honesty, we both know that you're not an 'ideas' person.

Dude I don’t why you think just because he asked for a favour about Crowdstrike he didn’t also ask for a favour to investigate the Bidens. He clearly did. He asked Z for a followup phone call with Giuliani and Barr specifically to discuss the Bidens, it’s right there in the transcript and then after the call he immediately suspended aid. 

17 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

You clearly have no fucking idea what you’re talking about and are just making shit up. Literally eerything in your post is just such clueless horseshit. And you still are silent on the Republican’s claim that women should be discouraged from leaving the house....unsurprisingly...

:lol: Chin up beave, you'll get something right one day.

15 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Dude I don’t why you think just because he asked for a favour about Crowdstrike he didn’t also ask for a favour to investigate the Bidens. He clearly did. He asked Z for a followup phone call with Giuliani and Barr specifically to discuss the Bidens, it’s right there in the transcript and then after the call he immediately suspended aid. 

Dude I don't know why you don't get sick of always being in a position where you have to lie.

When Trump asked for a favour, it was re: crowdstrike. In the future you could say Trump asked Z to look into the Biden thing, but when he specifically asked FOR A FAVOUR he was talking about crowdstrike. 

Why is it so hard for you to just tell the truth for once ffs?

15 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Trump is the Republican Party. 

Who else did you have in mind?

TBH I'd love to see Trump throw his support behind someone like Jm Jordan instead of running again. 

Not that I think that there's anything wrong with Trump as POTUS, it's just really bad for the metal health of all the leftards. The alt-left propaganda machine just completely destroyed the brains of tens of millions of Americans between 2016 and 2020. It would be too much for them to go through again.

Although I have no respect for those people, I still have compassion. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

TBH I'd love to see Trump throw his support behind someone like Jm Jordan instead of running again. 

Not that I think that there's anything wrong with Trump as POTUS, it's just really bad for the metal health of all the leftards. The alt-left propaganda machine just completely destroyed the brains of tens of millions of Americans between 2016 and 2020. It would be too much for them to go through again.

Although I have no respect for those people, I still have compassion. 

Tim Scott...let some porch dog token black guy win the race race...race.

Perhaps if we're lucky, they'll all go Harry Mudd's robots on us...

Leftist: "I know I'm supposed to hate him...but I'm also supposed to love him. Black lives matter...does not compute...does not compute....pzzzzzzt"

f379ecb413152a8bf6be81cfe06f6965.jpg