NHL 2021

Petros

• 2 weeks later...

Montreal and Toronto look like the class of the division.  I think Calgary will turn things around and end up close to the top as well.  Edmonton and Winnipeg will probably fight for the last playoff spot.  Edmonton is a 2 person team with no defence, so it'll be tough for them.

26 minutes ago, Shady said:

Montreal and Toronto look like the class of the division.  I think Calgary will turn things around and end up close to the top as well.  Edmonton and Winnipeg will probably fight for the last playoff spot.  Edmonton is a 2 person team with no defence, so it'll be tough for them.

I think once Pierre Luc Dubois suits up for the Jets, they will start to roll. Additionally, the Jets will eventually give Heinola a full time role on D, and possibly Samberg sometime halfway through the year, to ease the problems on the blueline. Copp and Ehlers look great. Wheeler has been disappointing and if the coach breaks him up from Scheifele, I can see the Jets come within striking distance of the Leafs and Canadiens, especially if goaltending is nearly as good as last season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Petros said:

I think once Pierre Luc Dubois suits up for the Jets, they will start to roll. Additionally, the Jets will eventually give Heinola a full time role on D, and possibly Samberg sometime halfway through the year, to ease the problems on the blueline. Copp and Ehlers look great. Wheeler has been disappointing and if the coach breaks him up from Scheifele, I can see the Jets come within striking distance of the Leafs and Canadiens, especially if goaltending is nearly as good as last season.

I agree.  The Jets have the potential to even win the division.  The only issue is all the defencemen they lost in the off season.

On 2/3/2021 at 6:02 AM, OftenWrong said:

And no wonder. Too many foreigners on that team.

True but they have also had a brutal schedule. Most games played and only 6 out of 16 at home. I'm also getting tired of watching home games in eastern time zones.  Leaf and Habs fans get to sit down and watch a 7PM start when their teams are playing in Vancouver while Canuck fans are sitting in rush hour traffic missing a home game. It's total BS.

Edited by Aristides

On 2/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, Aristides said:

True but they have also had a brutal schedule. Most games played and only 6 out of 16 at home. I'm also getting tired of watching home games in eastern time zones.  Leaf and Habs fans get to sit down and watch a 7PM start when their teams are playing in Vancouver while Canuck fans are sitting in rush hour traffic missing a home game. It's total BS.

Not true.  I had to stay up until 9 and 10 to watch the Leafs on the west coast.  I think once it was an earlier start.  Vancouver had Montreal for 3 games at the beginning of the season, in Vancouver and got completely destroyed. 

The Canucks have two 4PM home games against the Leafs and one against the Habs this year.

Against the Habs at home they were 1 and 2. But yes, they have sucked so far but because of their schedule today is the first time they have been able to actually have a practice in weeks. They have played 16 games with eight days off and four of those were travel days. Yesterday and today is the first time they have had two days off in a row since the season started.

Edited by Aristides