Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?

French Patriot

15 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

Do you just randomly say its a metaphor when the bible has ridiculous writings

How bout taking a rib from adam to make eve

Noahs arc....real or metaphore

Parting of the sea

The bible is full of shit 

The Bible is full of metaphors

that explain and teach valuable life lessons

like the one's mentioned above

for instance

sometimes fiction is realer than non-fiction

which is something religion leverages quite beautifully

collections of good stories with common themes of great importance ftw

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Antichrist said:

How bout taking a rib from adam to make eve

There is a song by blood sweat and tears that includes the words:

I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell
Swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell

You choose not to believe, that is okay. I choose to believe, that is okay too. Believe what you believe, live how you wish, have a happy life. I hope it ends well for you.

5 hours ago, Logger guy said:

You choose not to believe, that is okay. I choose to believe, that is okay too. Believe what you believe, live how you wish, have a happy life. I hope it ends well for you.

That's such a lovely sentiment.  If only all religious people were to adopt such an attitude.

Edited by bcsapper

On 7/11/2021 at 5:17 PM, OftenWrong said:

On the other hand, only a satanic prick of a god would write the second law of thermodynamics.

;) 

Lucky we aren’t’ a closed system, huh. In a few million years when temperature randomness becomes an issue, it will require a focused energy transfer of biblical proportions. I think I know the guy.  Hope this puts your mind at ease. Vive la difference. I would wink back if I knew how to use emogies, so let’s just pretend I did.

On 7/11/2021 at 12:00 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

it's a metaphor

To the Jews, the talking serpent is good.

To Christians, it is deception and evil.

Christians never question why Yahweh put the deceiver in Eden and allowed it to do what god put it there to do.

Deceive, or teach, depending on if you go with the original Jewish take, before Christianity reversed everything and made gaining knowledge a sin.

Now that is really stupid.

Regards

DL

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, Logger guy said:

There is a song by blood sweat and tears that includes the words:

I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell
Swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell

Those who would say, live and let live, are not decent human beings, as they would allow homophobia, misogyny and the adoration of vile and immoral genocidal gods to go unchallenged.

For evil to grow, all one needs do is live and let others live, while they harm others.

The evil people love to hear immoral people say live and let live.

Regards

DL

5 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Sentiments not shared by his homophobic and misogynous religion.

A sentiment they want others to take so that they can continue to preach for their vile theology.

Regards

DL

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until he confirms your accusations.

I'm sure that, unlike many other religious people, he is okay with gay marriage, abortion and assisted suicide.

5 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Those who would say, live and let live, are not decent human beings, as they would allow homophobia, misogyny and the adoration of vile and immoral genocidal gods to go unchallenged.

For evil to grow, all one needs do is live and let others live, while they harm others.

The evil people love to hear immoral people say live and let live.

Regards

DL

What's wrong with homophobia if you live and let live?

17 hours ago, French Patriot said:

To the Jews, the talking serpent is good.

To Christians, it is deception and evil.

Christians never question why Yahweh put the deceiver in Eden and allowed it to do what god put it there to do.

Deceive, or teach, depending on if you go with the original Jewish take, before Christianity reversed everything and made gaining knowledge a sin.

Now that is really stupid.

Regards

DL

being good means nothing if it isn't of your own free will

the bad exists to contrast with the good, so you willingly seek out the light and avoid the darkness, because it's possible to tell the difference 

if there is no evil, how would you even know what good is?

there would simply be what is and there would be no choice, you'd simply be a doll

you wouldn't even know what good is, now that would be shunning knowledge to avoid any hardship whatsoever

there is your garden of eden metaphor in a nutshell

it isn't meant to be taken literally, it's a powerful story with useful lessons

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 6/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, French Patriot said:

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

I am not surprised that you are so off target about John 12:39-40, it is better to actually read your bible than to YouTube it. John quotes Isaiah: He said, “Go and tell this people “Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’ Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears,understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.” Then I said, “For how long, Lord?” And he answered: “Until the cities lie ruined and without  inhabitant, until the houses are left deserted and the fields ruined. Isaiah is speaking of a specific group of people (the Jews) having their hearts hardened for a specific period of time ( until the great earthquake accompanying Jesus return as king)

The setting for this passage, is Jesus coming to Jerusalem, and the impending crucifiction. Isaiah tells of a king born to the Jews who will set them free and rule forever: 

Isaiah 9:6&7: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end.He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

The  Jews are big fans of this coming Messiah who will free them from (roman) captivity and reign on David’s throne(Israel) forever. 

The setting for these events is descried in John 12John 12:9-12: Meanwhile a large crowd of Jews found out that Jesus was there and came, not only because of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. So the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus as well, for on account of him many of the Jews were going over to Jesus and believing in him.

The next day the great crowd that had come for the festival heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”

“Blessed is the king of Israel!” 

Jesus was their guy to oust the romans, and rule with justice and righteousness  over Israel forever. 

Isaiah also told of a coming suffering servant.

He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;

the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

When Jesus told the crowd that he had come to fulfill this prophecy, and die for our sins the Jews did not want to hear this.

John 12:34: The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?”

John 12:37-42 Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: “Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”

For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them.”

Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him.

John:27-29:”Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’?  No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.”  The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him. Of course seeing Jesus talk to God, and hearing God answer in a loud voice from heave May have changed their minds, but not the desire of their hearts. Their hearts were hardened so they would not try to stop Jesus from fulfilling his mission, and his death signified the end of God’s word coming from their profits, and now coming through the followers of Jesus.

Edited by Logger guy

On 7/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, French Patriot said:

Sentiments not shared by his homophobic and misogynous religion.

A rather vague unsupported characterization, probably the product of an unorganized juvenile mind who relies on YouTube for information, and doesn’t  have the attention span or patience to actually read the bible.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, bcsapper said:

What's wrong with homophobia if you live and let live?

Do you not see homophobia as discrimination without a just cause?

If there is no just cause, then you would be turning a blind eye to evil.

To let evil go unchallenged, is only done by evil people. 

To support a vile religion that preaches against the law of the land, is evil.

Regards

DL

On 7/16/2021 at 7:32 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

being good means nothing if it isn't of your own free will

the bad exists to contrast with the good, so you willingly seek out the light and avoid the darkness, because it's possible to tell the difference 

if there is no evil, how would you even know what good is?

there would simply be what is and there would be no choice, you'd simply be a doll

you wouldn't even know what good is, now that would be shunning knowledge to avoid any hardship whatsoever

there is your garden of eden metaphor in a nutshell

it isn't meant to be taken literally, it's a powerful story with useful lessons

Yes, of our elevation and not our fall, for the reasons you state.

You might wonder, given the benefits you see, why the genocidal god wanted to deny us what we intelligently took.

Your own bible says A & E became as gods in the knowing of good and evil.

Why did god murder A & E by neglect and locking away the tree of life that would have kept them alive? The tree of life?

Regards

DL

22 hours ago, Logger guy said:

I am not surprised that you are so off target about John 12:39-40, it is better to actually read your bible than to YouTube it. John quotes Isaiah: He said, “Go and tell this people “Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’ Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears,understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.” Then I said, “For how long, Lord?” And he answered: “Until the cities lie ruined and without  inhabitant, until the houses are left deserted and the fields ruined. Isaiah is speaking of a specific group of people (the Jews) having their hearts hardened for a specific period of time ( until the great earthquake accompanying Jesus return as king)

The setting for this passage, is Jesus coming to Jerusalem, and the impending crucifiction. Isaiah tells of a king born to the Jews who will set them free and rule forever: 

Isaiah 9:6&7: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end.He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

The  Jews are big fans of this coming Messiah who will free them from (roman) captivity and reign on David’s throne(Israel) forever. 

The setting for these events is descried in John 12John 12:9-12: Meanwhile a large crowd of Jews found out that Jesus was there and came, not only because of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. So the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus as well, for on account of him many of the Jews were going over to Jesus and believing in him.

The next day the great crowd that had come for the festival heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”

“Blessed is the king of Israel!” 

Jesus was their guy to oust the romans, and rule with justice and righteousness  over Israel forever. 

Isaiah also told of a coming suffering servant.

He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;

the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

When Jesus told the crowd that he had come to fulfill this prophecy, and die for our sins the Jews did not want to hear this.

John 12:34: The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?”

John 12:37-42 Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: “Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”

For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them.”

Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him.

John:27-29:”Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’?  No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.”  The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him. Of course seeing Jesus talk to God, and hearing God answer in a loud voice from heave May have changed their minds, but not the desire of their hearts. Their hearts were hardened so they would not try to stop Jesus from fulfilling his mission, and his death signified the end of God’s word coming from their profits, and now coming through the followers of Jesus.

Ignoring my quotes does not negate them.

You cannot do apologetics on what I put and are just hypocritically deflecting and turning to gratuitous insult.

Regards

DL

27 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

Do you not see homophobia as discrimination without a just cause?

If there is no just cause, then you would be turning a blind eye to evil.

To let evil go unchallenged, is only done by evil people. 

To support a vile religion that preaches against the law of the land, is evil.

Regards

DL

I don't care what people think.  As long as they live and let live, they can think what they want.

I don't think dictating to people what they must think is living and letting live.

As long as they don't act on those beliefs, it doesn't matter.

47 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

Yes, of our elevation and not our fall, for the reasons you state.

You might wonder, given the benefits you see, why the genocidal god wanted to deny us what we intelligently took.

Your own bible says A & E became as gods in the knowing of good and evil.

Why did god murder A & E by neglect and locking away the tree of life that would have kept them alive? The tree of life?

Regards

DL

god did not murder them

they had to learn to take care of themselves

like baby birds leaving the nest

just because they might hurt themselves in the process

doesn't mean God should coddle them and take care of their every need so they never become independent

from cradle to grave

god didn't want to prevent them from becoming aware of evil

he just thought it would be better if they found out in a different way at a different time

so they'd be more ready to handle it

once they ate the forbidden fruit, God no longer had that luxury

and had to switch up the strategy due to the genie being let out of the bottle

the kids have to grow up sometime, and allowing them the chance to grow up is not evil

basically you are pretending God is evil for not giving them the knowledge sooner

while saying he is also evil for not saving them from the consequences of that knowledge after the fact

God is evil if he gives them the knowledge or if he withholds it from them

your conclusion no matter how he handled the situation is that diety must be malevolent, with no good basis for that assumption

your basis for that assumption is the logical fallacy of circular reasoning derived from your confirmation bias alone

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I don't care what people think.  As long as they live and let live, they can think what they want.

I don't think dictating to people what they must think is living and letting live.

As long as they don't act on those beliefs, it doesn't matter.

They do, as shown with their homophobia and misogyny.

Have you not fucking noticed?

If you have women or gays in your area, and do not care of the discrimination without a just cause, you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution.

Regards

DL

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

god did not murder them

they had to learn to take care of themselves

like baby birds leaving the nest

just because they might hurt themselves in the process

doesn't mean God should coddle them and take care of their every need so they never become independent

from cradle to grave

god didn't want to prevent them from becoming aware of evil

he just thought it would be better if they found out in a different way at a different time

so they'd be more ready to handle it

once they ate the forbidden fruit, God no longer had that luxury

and had to switch up the strategy due to the genie being let out of the bottle

the kids have to grow up sometime, and allowing them the chance to grow up is not evil

basically you are pretending God is evil for not giving them the knowledge sooner

while saying he is also evil for not saving them from the consequences of that knowledge after the fact

God is evil if he gives them the knowledge or if he withholds it from them

your conclusion no matter how he handled the situation is that diety must be malevolent, with no good basis for that assumption

your basis for that assumption is the logical fallacy of circular reasoning derived from your confirmation bias alone

Insuring your actions do not kill your children is what god should have been doing. He failed and in fact insured their death.

Nice to know you would starve your children to death to make them stronger. Fool.

You are as vile as you god, while looking at my biases.

Regards

DL

37 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

They do, as shown with their homophobia and misogyny.

Have you not fucking noticed?

If you have women or gays in your area, and do not care of the discrimination without a just cause, you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution.

Regards

DL

Perhaps you should fucking make yourself clearer.  Homophobia is a viewpoint.

I'm not in the practice of telling people what to think.

1 hour ago, French Patriot said:

Insuring your actions do not kill your children is what god should have been doing. He failed and in fact insured their death.

Nice to know you would starve your children to death to make them stronger. Fool.

You are as vile as you god, while looking at my biases.

Regards

DL

There comes a point when the children are grown and they have to ensure their own survival

if they don't that's on them and not the parents

God is not a helicopter parent

and helicopter parents aren't helping their kids with the helicoptering

they are infantilizing them and hurting their survival skills, in fact

it is not God's job to ensure nothing bad ever happened to Adam and Eve, nor should it have been

Edited by Yzermandius19