Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?

French Patriot

Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?

That moral tenet is about the only objective moral tenet I know of that has not been shown to ever be subjective. Yahweh seems to be doing the wrong thing.

We are told that most of us will end on the wide road to hell while the few end on the narrow path to heaven.

It is demonstrable that nature creates for the best possible end.

Why does Yahweh not follow the better rules he gave nature, and creates us for the worst possible end for the vast majority of us?

A decent father would not have the morals or ethics Yahweh seems to follow.

If true, then we end with more souls lost to Satan than souls saved by Yahweh. Even as scriptures say that Yahweh wills that all souls be saved.

God not getting his will is not allowed. God must always come out ahead. Something is not right for god.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

If the scriptures say that Yahweh wills that all souls be saved, and it is obvious that there are an awful lot of souls out there that will not come even close to being saved, does that not indicate that there probably is no Yahweh?

Either that or the scriptures are wrong, or Yahweh's just not that strong willed.

Punishment if used properly is meant to be transformational. When we punish our children, it is done to teach them that there are consequences to their actions. Hopefully it helps them them to make better choices, and become more thoughtful, well balanced people. What if God still sees those who have been sentenced to eternal punishment, and doesn't give up the right to  redeem those he thinks have seen that they need to change? What if the fire is eternal, but the sentence  conditional, and  intended to mold, not destroy?

Edited by oops

On 12/23/2020 at 11:39 AM, bcsapper said:

If the scriptures say that Yahweh wills that all souls be saved, and it is obvious that there are an awful lot of souls out there that will not come even close to being saved, does that not indicate that there probably is no Yahweh?

Either that or the scriptures are wrong, or Yahweh's just not that strong willed.

Not come??

You are thinking limits for a limitless god.

If you have a gods power, you always get what you want and will to get.

If you are willing that none be lost, none are.

Regards

DL

1 minute ago, French Patriot said:

Not come??

You are thinking limits for a limitless god.

If you have a gods power, you always get what you want and will to get.

If you are willing that none be lost, none are.

Regards

DL

Excellent.  I'm going to Heaven anyway then.

I never imagined!

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Excellent.  I'm going to Heaven anyway then.

I never imagined!

It is a great place but one could imagine better.

Jesus, the Gnostic Jesus that is, knew intellectually that we lived in the best of all possible worlds, because it was the only possible world, given history. We can of course imagine better.

Regards

DL

On 12/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, oops said:

Punishment if used properly is meant to be transformational. When we punish our children, it is done to teach them that there are consequences to their actions. Hopefully it helps them them to make better choices, and become more thoughtful, well balanced people. What if God still sees those who have been sentenced to eternal punishment, and doesn't give up the right to  redeem those he thinks have seen that they need to change? What if the fire is eternal, but the sentence  conditional, and  intended to mold, not destroy?

I agree.

To cure is moral and good while to kill is immoral and evil. 

Dogma says that Yahweh kills when he could just as easily cure.

That makes Yahweh evil, but somehow not to Christians.

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, French Patriot said:

I agree.

To cure is moral and good while to kill is immoral and evil. 

Dogma says that Yahweh kills when he could just as easily cure.

That makes Yahweh evil, but somehow not to Christians.

Regards

DL

When a caterpillar goes into a cocoon, that is the end of the caterpillar, but there is still the butterfly. 

On 1/9/2021 at 4:36 PM, oops said:

Since you have all the answers, and are so in touch with reality, what is your insight on near death experiences?

I have none.

I have never had such an experience so cannot speak honestly on that issue. I do believe in the supernatural and think it natural and likely a part of our seeking appeasement to insecurity. 

Telepathy is real though. I have first hand experience and will happily speak to that. 

If real, NDE seems cruel to the dying. They get so close to answers and heaven, then the doorman slams the door shut in your face.

Oh well. Gnostic call Yahweh a demiurge for many good reasons.

Yahweh always had a lot of cruelty. Not surprising that Jews rejected him.

Stranger question still, is why Christians and Muslims tried to make him so much more of a vile god?

Regards

DL

2 hours ago, French Patriot said:

If real, NDE seems cruel to the dying. They get so close to answers and heaven, then the doorman slams the door shut in your face.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6172100/

While no two NDEs are the same, there are characteristic features that are commonly observed in NDEs. These characteristics include a perception of seeing and hearing apart from the physical body, passing into or through a tunnel, encountering a mystical light, intense and generally positive emotions, a review of part or all of their prior life experiences, encountering deceased loved ones, and a choice to return to their earthly life.

Doesn't seem cruel, or like a door slamming shut in their face.

2 hours ago, French Patriot said:

It is like a cruel parent showing a child a treat just before eating it all himself.

Regards

DL

The group of cardiac arrest survivors with NDEs were statistically more likely have a reduced fear of death, increased belief in life after death, interest in the meaning of life, acceptance of others, and were more loving and empathic. It may take years after NDEs for the aftereffects to become fully manifest. The aftereffects may be so substantial that NDErs may seem to be very different people to their loved ones and family. The consistency, intensity, and durability of NDE aftereffects is consistent with the NDErs’ typical personal assessments that their experiences were very meaningful and significant. It is remarkable that NDEs often occur during only minutes of unconsciousness, yet commonly result in substantial and life-long transformations of beliefs and values.

Maybe the cruel parent didn't eat all the treat.

16 hours ago, oops said:

The group of cardiac arrest survivors with NDEs were statistically more likely have a reduced fear of death, increased belief in life after death, interest in the meaning of life, acceptance of others, and were more loving and empathic. It may take years after NDEs for the aftereffects to become fully manifest. The aftereffects may be so substantial that NDErs may seem to be very different people to their loved ones and family. The consistency, intensity, and durability of NDE aftereffects is consistent with the NDErs’ typical personal assessments that their experiences were very meaningful and significant. It is remarkable that NDEs often occur during only minutes of unconsciousness, yet commonly result in substantial and life-long transformations of beliefs and values.

Maybe the cruel parent didn't eat all the treat.

Too bad it took the fear of death to make those people more moral.

NDE is fiction.

Prove me wrong.

Regards

DL