Russia hacks the entire United States

Described as an 11 on a scale of 1-10, Russia managed to hack into a company almost no one has ever heard of called Solar Winds. This company makes network management software which runs on the computers of most fortune five hundred companies, most of the US government (including the White House, Homeland Security,  and the Pentagon) and all five US military branches. They then inserted malware which enabled them to enter the computers of those companies and government agencies using the software and grant themselves top level permission on those computers to do anything they wanted.

And they did this last spring, without anyone noticing until last week.

https://apnews.com/article/solarwinds-fireeye-hack-explained-07e55dfd7fb9e6de96b55a7788eaa93e

This hack might have affected Canadian government and civilian computers, as well.

The CSE did not confirm on Monday whether the data breach had affected Canadian government agencies or private firms.

“We are assessing the situation and continue to work with government partners, including Shared Services Canada, to ensure that our networks remain secure and no information has been compromised,” a spokesperson for the agency said.

In a 2014 report, the CSE approved SolarWind’s Orion platform under its certified products list, but it is not immediately clear whether Canadian agencies widely adopted the technology.

https://financialpost.com/technology/federal-intelligence-agency-urges-canadian-firms-to-update-solarwinds-software-after-massive-u-s-data-breach

1 hour ago, Shady said:

So what?  Why is it that China continues to get a pass?

I post a story about what might be the biggest hack in history and your response is "What about china!?"

Holy crap. You are obsessed.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Argus said:

I post a story about what might be the biggest hack in history and your response is "What about china!?"

Holy crap. You are obsessed.

This is typical of the MAGA cult. They are not grounded in reality, and would rather win battles against Democrats, then do what is best for the United States. 

On 12/15/2020 at 9:11 PM, BubberMiley said:

The GOP has gotten really weird. They don't even try to hide their love and submission to Putin anymore. They just squeal "china" when you mention it.

How many Republicans have even said anything about the hack?

Ditto for Democrats and Xi.  How many Democrats even said anything about the Chinese hack?

• 2 months later...

1. when the Russian RT channel broadcasts in America, it is "Russians interfere in the internal politics of the United States" ...

------

2. When an American CNN channel broadcasts to Russia, it is "support for freedom and democracy in Russia."...

?

On 3/2/2021 at 5:43 AM, Owl said:

1. when the Russian RT channel broadcasts in America, it is "Russians interfere in the internal politics of the United States" ...

------

2. When an American CNN channel broadcasts to Russia, it is "support for freedom and democracy in Russia."...

?

1. The Russian interference wasn't based on RT

2. CNN is not a government broadcaster. You'd have been better off using VOA. And as there is neither freedom nor democracy in Russia, they could probably use some help there.

5 hours ago, Argus said:

.... And as there is neither freedom nor democracy in Russia, they could probably use some help there.

about "freedom and democracy"...

1. One day Rothschild and Rockefeller looked across the Ocean and saw "The Island of America" ...

2. And they said:

- we will breed Donkeys and Elephants on this island

- we will convince them that they must abide by the "law of the jungle". Winner and Loser

- Elephants and Donkeys will swear with each other to make it look like "free speech"

- we will prohibit other opinions, as they do not correspond to "freedom and democracy" ...

- etc..

3. Rothschild began to breed Donkeys, Rockefeller - Elephants ...

====

then they tried to offer such "freedom and democracy" to the Russians.

But...

the Russian Bear just kicked them out.

?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 5:43 AM, Owl said:

------

?

At least RT channels do some news coverage. CNN is nothing but one "expert" panel after another of talking heads and spin doctors. They wouldn't recognize a news story if it leaped up and bit them in the face!   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owl said:

about "freedom and democracy"...

1. One day Rothschild and Rockefeller looked across the Ocean and saw "The Island of America" ...

2. And they said:

- we will breed Donkeys and Elephants on this island

- we will convince them that they must abide by the "law of the jungle". Winner and Loser

- Elephants and Donkeys will swear with each other to make it look like "free speech"

- we will prohibit other opinions, as they do not correspond to "freedom and democracy" ...

- etc..

3. Rothschild began to breed Donkeys, Rockefeller - Elephants ...

====

then they tried to offer such "freedom and democracy" to the Russians.

But...

?

I'd say we 'live in interesting times' today for sure. When it comes to which oligarchs actually run government, it's not as simple as the Wall Street commercial banks anymore. The Silicon Valley billionaires and their trillion dollar dotcom bubble machines have swooped in and taken over the Democratic Party over the past 20 years. That's why except for a few mostly inconsequential social agendas, the Dems have thrown their old union members and working class voters over the side, in a rush to curry favor with the new middle class of high tech professionals. While the Republicans still have the oil lobby, but that's about it! They're not even the preferred party of the arms manufacturers anymore. And that is also why every Democrat since Clinton has sounded more and more like a warhawk. 

Nowadays, if someone is going to run for Congress as an antiwar candidate, they better be libertarian in the Republican Party. Because there's no room for any Democrats who think they're on the left to step out of line on foreign wars and regime change operations...even Bernie has to sign off on it.....to keep his Senate seniority as a non-Democrat Democrat!

• Thanks 1

15 минут назад Справа налево сказали:

Я бы сказал, что мы сегодня «живем в интересное время». Когда дело доходит до того, какие олигархи на самом деле управляют правительством, это уже не так просто, как с коммерческими банками Уолл-стрит. Миллиардеры Кремниевой долины и их машины пузырей доткомов за триллионы долларов налетели и захватили Демократическую партию за последние 20 лет. Вот почему, за исключением нескольких в основном несущественных социальных программ, Демоны отбросили своих старых членов профсоюзов и избирателей из рабочего класса в спешку, чтобы выслужиться перед новым средним классом профессионалов в области высоких технологий. Пока у республиканцев еще есть нефтяное лобби, но не более того! Они больше не являются предпочтительной партией производителей оружия. И именно поэтому каждый демократ со времен Клинтона все больше и больше походил на боевого ястреба. 

В настоящее время, если кто-то собирается баллотироваться в Конгресс как антивоенный кандидат, ему лучше быть либертарианцем в Республиканской партии. Потому что демократам, которые думают, что они левые, нет места, чтобы выйти из-под контроля в иностранных войнах и операциях по смене режима ... даже Берни должен подписаться на этом ... чтобы сохранить свое старшинство в Сенате в качестве демократ-демократ!

I understand your point .. I agree.

It should be said that I studied Political and Economic Formations, Ideologies for a very long time ...

mmmmm ... it looks like between Globalism, Imperialism, Monopolitism ..

----

(by the way, this is described in Lenin's works "Signs of Imperialism" ...

but I don't like the Communist ideology .. This ideology is contradictory.)

13 hours ago, Owl said:

?

Yes, so Russians could enjoy the 'freedom' of absolute poverty while their masters grind their faces into the dirt and rob their country of every penny it has.

12 hours ago, Owl said:

It should be said that I studied Political and Economic Formations, Ideologies for a very long time ... .)

And didn't ever learn the practicalities of judging a country by how many want to leave it and how many want to get into it.

Edited by Argus

13 hours ago, Argus said:

And didn't ever learn the practicalities of judging a country by how many want to leave it and how many want to get into it.

I have magpies in the forest.

Magpies are nasty birds They talk about how wonderful it is to live in the USA and Canada

.. They speak:

- there are many cows.

- we flew and pecked a lot of "cakes" that these cows put ..

====

Sir ..

I love listening to fairy tales and anecdotes and I can tell myself.

I ask you to... do not tell stories to strangers!

Edited by Owl

21 hours ago, Argus said:

Dude..?

I am pleased to meet you.

tell me how you lived in the USSR ..

The guys on this forum are also interested .. we will laugh ..

Смотри:

Edited by Owl