my take on covid 19 response

oops

Meanwhile, people who feel the need to pray to god remain under attack by "Health Authori-titties"

Pastor James Coates, who ministers to GraceLife Church in Parkland County, just outside of Edmonton, has been behind bars since Feb. 16. He has refused to abide by bail conditions that would see him released, which include not attending or holding services.

Coates was charged in mid-February with violating public health orders. Following his release, he was arrested again for violating his conditions of release. His lawyers have argued the lockdown provisions violate Charter rights to religious freedom.

His trial is set for May 3 and he remains in the Edmonton Remand Centre.

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Meanwhile, people who feel the need to pray to god remain under attack by "Health Authori-titties"

Well, that's because the authorities know that, while their God will protect anyone who attends the services, it won't give a toss about anyone they bump into at Safeway afterwards. 

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

This is why we must speak out to oppose their ideas on Covid-19 response.

Experts call Peel guidelines to place children in solitary quarantine 'cruel punishment'

"Peel Health has issued guidelines to parents instructing them to keep any children who have been sent home because a classmate has tested positive for COVID-19 isolated in a separate room from all other family members for 14 days."

peel-guidelines.png?quality=90&strip=all

Instructions from some fanatical "health experts".

This just shows how difficult it is to prevent the spread of Covid-19.  Following these health directives would be extremely difficult and unlikely in many cases.  It is probably a nearly impossible request for many people.  Sad reality.  

30 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This just shows how difficult it is to prevent the spread of Covid-19.  Following these health directives would be extremely difficult and unlikely in many cases.  It is probably a nearly impossible request for many people.  Sad reality.  

For all things we do there is the benefit and there is the price to pay.

My take on Covid 19- The remedy is worse than the disease.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

I'd correct it to "sad mentality". Then some folks have gone so deep into order and recommendation writing, burning (public) zillions here on clearly useless apps and other zillions there on very scary ads that they completely and irrevocably lost all connection to the reality around. Why not recommend to keep them in a level 4 protected lab, a spaceship I don't think there's any practical limit to the bureaucratic imagination that broke free from the bonds of reality.

Edited by myata

My take on covid is that we could have avoided or kept in check the virus if we had smart politicians and health professionals. They were always late in making the right decisions and / or made wrong decisions. They closed borders too damn late, they advised on wearing masks too late, they negotiated for vaccines late so we are still waiting for vaccines and only 3.5% of population vaccinated 3 months after vaccine discovery, most especially those politicians in Ontario will be causing many deaths in the future because they don't give up on their stupidity and still insists on two doses even though it is proven that one dose provides almost as much immunity as two doses and depriving millions of much needed protection against the deadly virus from which many will die. 

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Is that what they told you? Until the week after. Whatever they say, master.

That's what they have been doing in the past. They react fast to cases, then they get back to normal. 30,000 people were watching rugby matches not long ago.

28 minutes ago, Aristides said:

That's what they have been doing in the past. They react fast to cases, then they get back to normal. 30,000 people were watching rugby matches not long ago.

What they are also doing is putting anyone who has a different idea, in prison.

44 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What they are also doing is putting anyone who has a different idea, in prison.

Just seven days.  The majority certainly agree. Ardern just got the first majority in a country with a proportional system.

Edited by Aristides

Seven days is not what I am seeing. One guy put in jail for 16 months, another for one month, several women for two weeks. Thats a quick google search. People are trying to speak out about what's happening to them there, and it's being suppressed.

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Locked down over a single case.

Did you check the overall results too? Did it ever occur that the authority can be conditional on the delivered results, not just so? (measured per capita, the mortality due to Covid in this country is about the same as in Ukraine).

43 minutes ago, myata said:

Did you check the overall results too? Did it ever occur that the authority can be conditional on the delivered results, not just so? (measured per capita, the mortality due to Covid in this country is about the same as in Ukraine).

I looked it up and NZ has had a total of 26 deaths since this began. That's 26 people over one year.

A lot of people die from things each day. In fact, everyone who is born dies.

19 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Well, that's because the authorities know that, while their God will protect anyone who attends the services, it won't give a toss about anyone they bump into at Safeway afterwards. 

Yet they remain safe at liquor stores. One should not need a god... here is your liquor.

image.jpg

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I looked it up and NZ has had a total of 26 deaths since this began. That's 26 people over one year.

Indeed, sadly. And so, if twenty six people die of a new and potentially dangerous epidemics in one year, in a jurisdiction of 5 million, how does that compare with twenty two thousand, with a population of 30? Are the people different? Or the lockdowns were different? Or maybe, the democracies are different? How could it be explained, logically?

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Yet they remain safe at liquor stores. One should not need a god... here is your liquor.

image.jpg

One needs neither, as it happens. 

That said, if they all go in and sit for an hour, singing the praises of Gordon's Gin, they probably shouldn't.

14 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

One needs neither, as it happens. 

That said, if they all go in and sit for an hour, singing the praises of Gordon's Gin, they probably shouldn't.

That's why there's still weed. Magic mushrooms are coming out soon too now, apparently.
My take on the covid 19 response- Let them have alcohol and drugs.

"Opium is the new opium for the masses..." - J. Trudeau

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Yup. About the same population as BC which has had almost 1400 deaths. 

You might as well say the cause of every death is death.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, OftenWrong said:

It's just the fluuuuuuu! Waaaahhh! Waaaaaah! I don't wanna wear a mask, daddy! I don't wanna!"

8 hours ago, Argus said:

It's just the fluuuuuuu! Waaaahhh! Waaaaaah! I don't wanna wear a mask, daddy! I don't wanna!"

Not to worry. You can stay in the rabbit hole if that makes you feel safer.

Just get out of the way when us freemen go outside.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:03 PM, Aristides said:

Yup. About the same population as BC which has had almost 1400 deaths. 

You might as well say the cause of every death is death.

They haven't imprisoned too many folks in BC yet. But that is changing as well.