Mask wearing. The mark of the beast.

taxme

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You are entitled to be wrong. Just wear a mask in enclosed public spaces. 

No. You're wrong. If you're not capable of offering up support for the idea you're not, just admit it.

But don't be thinking I'll be adjusting my life for somebody who can't even give me a good argument as to why I should.

You're not nearly as intimidating as you seem to think you are.

Edited by Infidel Dog

25 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

No. You're wrong. If you're not capable of offering up support for the idea you're not, just admit it.

But don't be thinking I'll be adjusting my life for somebody who can't even give me a good argument as to why I should.

How many ways can you come up with reject this study?   Two consumer grade masks were as good as N95 masks;  two and three layer cotton masks with high thread count were also high performers.  

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

You are only supposed to be sitting with your immediate household and the tables are either distanced or separated by plexiglass screens. Wear your goddam mask when you are supposed to. You don't have the right to put others at risk just because you feel like it.

Be happy you can still go to restaurants.

Mask wearing is for maskholes. Sadly, there are way to many maskholes in Canada. 

You have shown me that there are way too many maskholes in Canada. Again I will ask you? Why do I have to wear a mask when I enter a restaurant but when I sit down I can take it off to eat? Can I not then spread the virus around once I take off the mask? Where is the logic to this? What if I sneeze or cough and I have the virus that I am not aware of? Well, it looks like I may have just went and spread the virus. Where a "goddam' maskand leave me alone. I do not want to play your silly ass mask wearing virus game anymore.  

Or what about those stupid rules in some stores where we are supposed to travel in one direction only. Is that to protect anyone from passing someone else and passing on the dreaded covid even if they are wearing a mask? But I do pass plenty of people in those lanes while shopping. Are they now in danger of maybe catching the covid from me? Another dumb covid rule that makes no sense. I wear a mask where and when I am forced to do so. I have no choice. Wear it or stay away and be denied my rights to buy food or other essentials. 666. Wearing a mask is a sign of submission to your dear comrade political leaders, slave. LOL.

But too you every covid rule makes perfect sense. That is because you appear to lack any common sense and logic at all. You do as you are told without questioning or challenging anything regards this phony China virus and all of their silly rules. I do not go along to get along. I ask questions. You don't like it? Shut up. I am a leader and not a follower like you and it is because of people like you that I cannot live my old normal life anymore. I have lost pretty much all of my freedoms that I once had. All thanks to people like you. Live in your constant state of fear and panic over nothing and get lost. Don't tell me to wear a "goddam" mask. Get lost. :P

8 minutes ago, taxme said:

Mask wearing is for maskholes. Sadly, there are way to many maskholes in Canada. 

You have shown me that there are way too many maskholes in Canada. Again I will ask you? Why do I have to wear a mask when I enter a restaurant but when I sit down I can take it off to eat? Can I not then spread the virus around once I take off the mask? Where is the logic to this? What if I sneeze or cough and I have the virus that I am not aware of? Well, it looks like I may have just went and spread the virus. Where a "goddam' maskand leave me alone. I do not want to play your silly ass mask wearing virus game anymore.  

Or what about those stupid rules in some stores where we are supposed to travel in one direction only. Is that to protect anyone from passing someone else and passing on the dreaded covid even if they are wearing a mask? But I do pass plenty of people in those lanes while shopping. Are they now in danger of maybe catching the covid from me? Another dumb covid rule that makes no sense. I wear a mask where and when I am forced to do so. I have no choice. Wear it or stay away and be denied my rights to buy food or other essentials. 666. Wearing a mask is a sign of submission to your dear comrade political leaders, slave. LOL.

But too you every covid rule makes perfect sense. That is because you appear to lack any common sense and logic at all. You do as you are told without questioning or challenging anything regards this phony China virus and all of their silly rules. I do not go along to get along. I ask questions. You don't like it? Shut up. I am a leader and not a follower like you and it is because of people like you that I cannot live my old normal life anymore. I have lost pretty much all of my freedoms that I once had. All thanks to people like you. Live in your constant state of fear and panic over nothing and get lost. Don't tell me to wear a "goddam" mask. Get lost. :P

If you are sitting still in a separated area you are much less likely to spread the virus. If you can't keep that separation because people can get to close in those isles is the reason you need to wear a mask. Does this really have to be explained to you? None of us are living our old normal lives right now so stop being such a fucking baby.

Edited by Aristides

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

If you are sitting still in a separated area you are much less likely to spread the virus. If you can't keep that separation because people can get to close in those isles is the reason you need to wear a mask. Does this really have to be explained to you? None of us are living our old normal lives right now so stop being such a fucking baby.

Prove it to me that if I am sitting in a separated area from others that I am less likely to pass on the virus to someone else? Just how would you know that? Come on, show me your scientific proof of this will you, baby? 

So, why are people being forced to walk in one direction only down some aisle if they are wearing a mask which apparently makes plenty of dumb sense to you. Please explain, if you can, baby? I want to get my old normal days back also but because of fools like you who still will go along with this farce I am being denied my freedoms that I once enjoyed ten months ago. It would appear as though you are enjoying this new normal life because you keep wanting to play this covid virus nonsense game. I have said enough already. Everybody else should say the same thing and let's all get back to our old normal life. If you do not then you mast be enjoying this new life of yours, baby.  

Why don't you stop acting like a "fucking baby" yourself and grow some man or womanhood will you. Anyone who still believes that this virus is still on duty and attacking people after almost a year has to be one dumb maskhole. I won't mention any names. LOL. So go ahead, make your day, baby. Answer the f'n questions, baby. :D

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

Prove it to me that if I am sitting in a separated area from others that I am less likely to pass on the virus to someone else? Just how would you know that? Come on, show me your scientific proof of this will you, baby? 

So, why are people being forced to walk in one direction only down some aisle if they are wearing a mask which apparently makes plenty of dumb sense to you. Please explain, if you can, baby? I want to get my old normal days back also but because of fools like you who still will go along with this farce I am being denied my freedoms that I once enjoyed ten months ago. It would appear as though you are enjoying this new normal life because you keep wanting to play this covid virus nonsense game. I have said enough already. Everybody else should say the same thing and let's all get back to our old normal life. If you do not then you mast be enjoying this new life of yours, baby.  

Why don't you stop acting like a "fucking baby" yourself and grow some man or womanhood will you. Anyone who still believes that this virus is still on duty and attacking people after almost a year has to be one dumb maskhole. I won't mention any names. LOL. So go ahead, make your day, baby. Answer the f'n questions, baby. :D

Are you really that clueless? Really?

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

How many ways can you come up with reject this study?   Two consumer grade masks were as good as N95 masks;  two and three layer cotton masks with high thread count were also high performers.  

The first thing I'd do is notice it's not a scientific study. The CBC show Marketplace tells us they had some U of T professor help them do something called a NIOSH test to see how many small salt particles could enter different sorts of masks with normal breathing.

I'm not a scientist either but if I apply common sense I feel qualified to  respond.

First of all normal breathing wouldn't cover coughs and sneezes so they appear to be more concerned about what's coming in that what's going out.

I've seen videos of people vaping or breathing in the cold wearing masks. A lot goes out. Especially from the borders of the mask. You know, that area people are all the time tugging at and gathering whatever collected there onto their hands. 

Also they give you three types of masks. Apparently if you triple bag it you can stop more salt particles.

They also give examples of the types of masks they consider worse but don't really tell us how much worse or how safe they are but I recognize the polyester cotton lining one as the one some store gave me and it's the one I stuff in my pocket and use off and on when I get challenged.

There's evidence masks don't work but I'm kind of busy right now. I'll try to get back to you later.

Edited by Infidel Dog

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

There are all kinds of studies that have been done on the effectiveness of masks. They greatly reduce the distance vapour travels when you exhale and multi layer masks reduce the viral load when you inhale. 

These attitudes are getting frustrating now that we are being warned of new vaccine resistant variants starting a brand new pandemic. When are people going to realize that the more people who become infected, the more that becomes likely.

Edited by Aristides

Masks give a false sense of confidence. Washing hands might matter more. Many make multiple uses of them without cleaning. The cheaper masks most people use are of questionable effectiveness.

Then there's this:

As to all these studies you say you have, do you something newer than October of 2020, because at that time a fair analysis of what the science was saying looked like this:

The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford University summarized six international studies which “showed that masks alone have no significant effect in interrupting the spread of ILI or influenza in the general population, nor in healthcare workers.” Oxford went on to say that “that despite two decades of pandemic preparedness, there is considerable uncertainty as to the value of wearing masks.” They prophetically warned that this has “left the field wide open for the play of opinions, radical views and political influence.”

A study of health-care workers in more than 1,600 hospitals showed that cloth masks only filtered out 3 percent of particles. An article in the New England Journal of Medicine stated, “[W]earing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection” and that “[T]he desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

There are many other credible studies showing lack of mask efficacy, such as studies published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, Cambridge University Press, Oxford Clinical Infectious Diseases, and Influenza Journal, just to name a few.

Studies do show masks can help in the case of direct respiratory droplets, which would matter if somebody is coughing, breathing, or sneezing directly on your face. That happens normally in a tight and highly confined space.

But the plentiful evidence we have indicates masks would not meaningfully help with aerosol transmission, where two people are just in the same area, or even the same room. This is because the two people end up breathing the same air, with or without a mask, as visually demonstrated in this video.

There is also much evidence showing mask mandated areas are doing no better than areas that didn't mandate. In many cases they did worse.

There's a pile of graphs here:

https://johnbwellsnews.com/masking-the-science/

Not sure how reputable those are though, but 2 are sourced:

fe39c3_3ea07e6d48bb4f3b89e15aecfe58aca8~

fe39c3_ed7f6e426b334a28ae4a2a6c45149687~

More graphs HERE

There are arguments about how useful such comparatives are. They deal with those critiques below and discover that even if you fix the problem the results are the same:

Yet governors double down on ineffective and unnecessary NPIs, and the Bill of Rights continues to be superseded by emergency orders. Scott Morefield wrote in TownHall about a Rational Ground analysis showing that masks do not work to stop the spread of COVID-19. The analysis compared states with and without mask mandates and found higher average cases per 100,000 population in states with mask mandates.

Many will claim to find fault with such a result because the aggregate analysis lacks nuance. They’ll argue that the states with mask mandates are geographically different, or they have more dense populations, or they already had higher infection rates, or (the favorite unverifiable claim) cases in those states would have been even higher without the masks. To preempt those arguments, the Rational Ground analysis also looked at individual counties within a single state: Florida.

22 of Florida’s 67 counties have a mask mandate. Between May 1 and December 15, there is essentially no difference in population-adjusted cases between masked and unmasked counties: 23 vs 22 cases per 100,000 population. (NOTE: For areas with a mask mandate, the study started counting cases 14 days after the mandate went into effect.)

Further, of the 20 counties that implemented a mask mandate after May 1 (so we have data with and without a mandate), only 3 had a reduction in average daily cases. (We used the same 14-day window after the mandate to give it time to have an effect.) When restricting the analysis to these 20 counties, it’s no longer a wash. Average cases per 100,000 population per day are higher with the mandate than without: 22 vs. 15.

https://rationalground.com/after-nine-months-we-still-know-masks-dont-work/

Another thing to consider is the push to mask seems to rely on the idea of asymptomatic spread.

However...

Now we know asymptomatic spread is rare, thanks to UF researchers and others. We also know that PCR tests are counter-productive because they are too sensitive and result in many false positives (even acknowledged by The Spectator and The New York Times). The tests are so bad that a Portuguese court said people cannot be quarantined only because of a positive PCR test.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Of course. Wearing masks must be worn in public places. It doesn't matter if there are many people nearby or not. If you suddenly forgot the mask, then you may not be allowed in the shopping center. I'm already used to buying N95 masks on Pandemic Pal every month. Every day when I leave the house, I take with me four masks and a jar of antiseptic. For the first three months, I constantly forgot my mask at home, which is why I was often not allowed in public places. Even the taxi drivers wouldn't let me into the car without a mask.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:31 PM, Aristides said:

Are you really that clueless? Really?

Nope, but you certainly appear to be quite clueless. All those rules that I mentioned make no sense at all except to clueless people like you. Of course when one is not able to think at all for themselves they will always call others clueless. It's their only way to try and get out of answering a question that is asked of them. Sitting down at the table in a restaurant without a mask on can still spread the virus. Or walking in one direction in a store where no one should be allowed to pass anyone else at all in front of them. Keep your safe six foot distance and wait for them to move on. Such stupid rules. There is a park in the City of Coquitlam where even outside people have to walk in one direction. No passing each other, please. LOL. 

Oh, but wait a minute, I get what you are trying to say here. So, when there are some people in a restaurant and they take their masks off you must be thinking about those people who do not breath at all while they are eating in a restaurant. That way they cannot spread the virus. I got it now. LOL. 

When people enter places like Walmart or Costco they are always passing close to one another or even bumping into one another. Close contact is inevitable. Buggies are never wiped down after use. People are touching everything in the store with their bare hands and then others touch those same things. How many of them are passing on the virus to someone else if they have the virus? This whole mask and social distancing thing is totally stupid. But to those clueless people out there, all those silly ass rules are not clueless at all. They thing that they are just grand rules. Clueless fools. ;)

On 2/10/2021 at 4:18 PM, Aristides said:

Keep your brainwashed propaganda to yourself. I am fed up with this constant sillyness that every time a bunch of people get together they have just spread the Covid virus. Thousands of people are out there walking around and talking to each other and passing many people themselves every day. If a bunch of people are getting together for what ever reason and they are spreading the virus than we should be in the middle of a plaque and that we should be seeing hundreds of people dying in the streets every day. But for now the only people that are dying in the streets are the buffoons who are taking drugs like Fentanyl which is killing way more people than this virus ever could match. ;)

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Keep your brainwashed propaganda to yourself. I am fed up with this constant sillyness that every time a bunch of people get together they have just spread the Covid virus. Thousands of people are out there walking around and talking to each other and passing many people themselves every day. If a bunch of people are getting together for what ever reason and they are spreading the virus than we should be in the middle of a plaque and that we should be seeing hundreds of people dying in the streets every day. But for now the only people that are dying in the streets are the buffoons who are taking drugs like Fentanyl which is killing way more people than this virus ever could match. ;)

You are such an idiot. There is no reasoning with you.