Mask wearing. The mark of the beast.

taxme

Just now, Petros said:

We should build up our military to the point that it represents 3% of our GDP. We should also make young people serve in the military for 12 months upon turning 18.

Never going to happen, most would be happy with 1.5 % without all the new garbage the liberals attached to the military expenses, like pensions and emergence prepares department, joint coast guard/ RCMP operations such as fishier patrols etc,... and lots of others 

As for conscripts, not worth the effort or training costs... we actually have a strong recruitment intake of volunteers, and is restricted by maximum numbers set by government, and funding. No funding means no recruitment regardless of numbers low or high.

9 minutes ago, Petros said:

We should build up our military to the point that it represents 3% of our GDP. We should also make young people serve in the military for 12 months upon turning 18.

If by serving you mean keeping them in an army barracks in Canada and rigorous physical training then I'm fine with that.  If your talking about sending them off to war then no.  We went through that disaster in the ww's.  

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/conscription-divided-canada-it-also-helped-win-the-first-world-war/

If ww3 breaks out thats another story.  

59 minutes ago, Petros said:

I once manufactured some equipment that used an engine and gearbox sourced from Yurp.  They rose to the top of their game in that market and became too expensive, so I started to look at Japanese and American made alternatives.  The Yankee one was made in a small town in upstate MN, and I came to know the owner quite well.  He was showing me once a military contract and the prototype, and said he could add a third shift when he was ready to start production.   This was in a shopping area of 25,000 people.  I asked him where and how he could get at least 200 more people who could pick up tools and make engines when he had over 400 already.  He said: easy, the whole area is full of people (then in their 30s) who were drafted in Vietnam days.

The idea of compulsory military service is foreign to Canadian values, but I also have a close Swedish friend (another social democracy, but with conscription and lifetime obligation to serve as a reserve) and can tell you drafting a teen - EVERY able bodied teen - is one of the smartest things you can do as a nation.  They end up with some sense of duty, some sense of responsibility, a trade and some discipline.  Fantastic way to start into adult life.

Edited by cannuck
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 3:28 PM, Army Guy said:

Look I don't make the rules, and if you think you and others are going to take on the government thats up to you, but don't be delusional and think that the government is not going to make you compile some how not  by forcing you physically , your going to ask for your shot...

The experts say the need at minimum 60 to 70 of the population to get the shot to be effective, meaning no more mask, etc...the magic number is 80 % of the population, Ontario has come up with the card system, other nations such as Australia don't give a shit, they just cut off any or all government assistance like family allowance or what ever its called, CERB checks, until you can prove you got your shot... some in Canada have offered to pay everyone to get it, because Canadians love free money... and whats a few more billion. 

There is always going to be something with you guys don't like ....I'm not doing this or that. Giver I say, because it's you flexing some sort  of intra net muscles, but in the long run you and your posse will line up like the rest of us, to get jabbed in the arm.

And neither do I make the rules but that does not mean that I have to follow all the rules. Some rules are not good at all like the many rules that we have to abide by today because of this farce virus. I will never ask for a shot in my arm with of some puss concoction. Only fools will take a vaccine into their bodies. Nature never intended for us to have a needle shoved in ones arm. Man was responsible for that idea and that idea has maimed and killed thousands of people.

As I have said many times here, check the ingredients in the vaccine before you inject yourself with any vaccine. Why would anyone with an ounce of brains inject themselves with something they know nothing about. Only idiots do things like that. And by the looks of things there are plenty of idiots around these days alright. Take you shot and good luck to you. Real men and women don't line up for a jab in the arm. Only wimpy people do stupid things like that. 

But the word is getting out about that what has been going on for the past 9 months here especially in Canada. There have been many rallies against this farce with thousands of people attending with many more to come and all not wearing masks or social distancing themselves and will refuse to take the shot. Wow, eh? Many patriot Canadians have had enough of this nonsense and want it all to come to an end. 

What we do not like is being told what we can and cannot do especially when it comes to something like this farce. It is said that approx. 97% will recover from any virus that they may come into contact with. It is plain to see that you cannot stand to hear the other side of the story and that all must be a follower just like you off to the slaughter house. Take your shot army boy and feel safe. Let us all know if you get any side effects from the shot will you. They say that some people will get sick from taken the shot. Some safe vaccine, eh? Lol. 

Edited by taxme

On 12/10/2020 at 4:44 PM, bcsapper said:

I don't believe you.  I think you get four or five colds a year, and nothing you can say will get me to change my mind.

That is because you have a closed mind. There is nothing I can do about that. If you tried to open your mind now the mind hinges would probably fall off from mind rust. Just saying!! 

I told you that I have not had a cold for decades now and yet you pretty much call me a liar. I am not trying to change your mind. I am trying to get you to use your mind. A true exercise in futility indeed. :lol:

1 minute ago, taxme said:

That is because you have a closed mind. There is nothing I can do about that. If you tried to open your mind now the mind hinges would probably fall off from mind rust. Just saying!! 

I told you that I have not had a cold for decades now and yet you pretty much call me a liar. I am not trying to change your mind. I am trying to get you to use your mind. A true exercise in futility indeed. :lol:

It certainly is.  I think you have one right now.

Make sure you carry a tissue!

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It certainly is.  I think you have one right now.

Make sure you carry a tissue!

I thank gawd every day that not all Canadians are wimps and cowards like you. Sadly though, there are way too many sheeple like you around. Real men and women do not carry tissues around. We carry common sense and logic and patriotism around with us wherever we go. Tissues are for wimps and snowflake lefties like you. What's your address? I will send you a box. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

I thank gawd every day that not all Canadians are wimps and cowards like you. Sadly though, there are way too many sheeple like you around. Real men and women do not carry tissues around. We carry common sense and logic and patriotism around with us wherever we go. Tissues are for wimps and snowflake lefties like you. What's your address? I will send you a box. Lol. 

Thanks for the tip!  I'd better keep out of the way of all those real men and women.   Could get messy...

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

Back in the day most people had a handkerchief.  But they also dressed nicer when stepping out, but thats another story.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/every-man-should-carry-a-handkerchief/

Even so, there are probably still those who think the handkerchief is too dirty even for daily use. To those people I say, “If it’s your hankie, why are you afraid of your own germs?” Handkerchiefs are pretty big and provide ample space in which to blow one’s nose multiple times without the snot ever overlapping.

Finally, grow up. You’re a man, and there’s nothing wrong with a little sweat or snot.

19 hours ago, cannuck said:

I once manufactured some equipment that used an engine and gearbox sourced from Yurp.  They rose to the top of their game in that market and became too expensive, so I started to look at Japanese and American made alternatives.  The Yankee one was made in a small town in upstate MN, and I came to know the owner quite well.  He was showing me once a military contract and the prototype, and said he could add a third shift when he was ready to start production.   This was in a shopping area of 25,000 people.  I asked him where and how he could get at least 200 more people who could pick up tools and make engines when he had over 400 already.  He said: easy, the whole area is full of people (then in their 30s) who were drafted in Vietnam days.

The idea of compulsory military service is foreign to Canadian values, but I also have a close Swedish friend (another social democracy, but with conscription and lifetime obligation to serve as a reserve) and can tell you drafting a teen - EVERY able bodied teen - is one of the smartest things you can do as a nation.  They end up with some sense of duty, some sense of responsibility, a trade and some discipline.  Fantastic way to start into adult life.

The swiss also have the same type of service, infact most of their military is based on a reserve for life military. once trained your continue part time service up until 55 years of age and for them it works. Most countries that had conscription or mandatory military service for short periods of time have stopped due to the cost, not many of these conscripts are very motivated to be soldiers, most do not look forward to their time in the military, they are almost as bad as militaries that have unions.

Yes it does give them some training and discipline  but it comes at a tremendous cost and that cost is taken away from the professional army. That and the Armies around the world  have decided that the next conflict will be come as you are, there will not be time to fully train soldiers etc, nor will there be any equipment to train on as it will be used up in the initial conflict. it takes months and months to produce a tank, plane and years to make a ship.

The next conflict is not suppose to last that long. When i was in battle school, we were told the average life expectancy of a mechanized Infantry soldier was 7 seconds once you hit the battle field. 

In Canada our reserve soldiers are on the bottom of the ladder, they get the left overs not taken by the regular military, i mean if the main army is struggling to make ends meet one can only imagine what it looks like as a reserve.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:23 PM, cannuck said:

The Germans did this as well and I like how it was done.

During the last year when conscription was active in Germany, men were obliged to serve six months either in the military, which they could refuse, and do alternative civilian service, or honorary service (like any volunteer) for at least six months in a civil protection organization.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:35 PM, Cannucklehead said:

If by serving you mean keeping them in an army barracks in Canada and rigorous physical training then I'm fine with that.  If your talking about sending them off to war then no.  We went through that disaster in the ww's.  

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/conscription-divided-canada-it-also-helped-win-the-first-world-war/

If ww3 breaks out thats another story.  

Not sure why you would call both world wars disasters, for Canada when our contributions had a great impact on putting an end to both wars that could have dragged on for much longer... Yes the cost in life's and treasure was huge, it eliminated  large swaths of 2 generations. It hit small towns, villages the hardest, with long lists of names of men and women listed on cenotaphs of those that did not come home, buried in some forgotten battlefield cemetery in France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Italy, and Africa. leaving families with only a picture and government telegraph announcing their demise to remember them by..   

Canada has signed onto so many military pacts that it only increases the odds of Canada seeing another conflict be it regional or one a world scale. Our government know this and yet still wrights those checks to be paid by young Canadians who they and us willfully deny life saving funding for training and equipment . And since the Korean war we have not really done a good job in living up to those promises on the world stage. Canada has always been known for a lot of promises and little action or support. 

Shit we can not even keep our promises to our own troops to have their backs ensuring our government does not abuse them or misuse them, or giving the tools required for them to perform their duties  nor has our citizens kept their un written promises to support them in a unwavering manner to keep our government in check and forcing the government to uphold their promises... except on one day a year we give a couple hours and all go down to the local legion or remembrance ceremony and give thanks shake a vets hand, spend a couple of bucks on a poppy then call it down for another year..

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Not sure why you would call both world wars disasters, for Canada when our contributions had a great impact on putting an end to both wars that could have dragged on for much longer... Yes the cost in life's and treasure was huge, it eliminated  large swaths of 2 generations. It hit small towns, villages the hardest, with long lists of names of men and women listed on cenotaphs of those that did not come home, buried in some forgotten battlefield cemetery in France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Italy, and Africa. leaving families with only a picture and government telegraph announcing their demise to remember them by..   

Canada has signed onto so many military pacts that it only increases the odds of Canada seeing another conflict be it regional or one a world scale. Our government know this and yet still wrights those checks to be paid by young Canadians who they and us willfully deny life saving funding for training and equipment . And since the Korean war we have not really done a good job in living up to those promises on the world stage. Canada has always been known for a lot of promises and little action or support. 

Shit we can not even keep our promises to our own troops to have their backs ensuring our government does not abuse them or misuse them, or giving the tools required for them to perform their duties  nor has our citizens kept their un written promises to support them in a unwavering manner to keep our government in check and forcing the government to uphold their promises... except on one day a year we give a couple hours and all go down to the local legion or remembrance ceremony and give thanks shake a vets hand, spend a couple of bucks on a poppy then call it down for another year..

Not talking about the wars(although it was pretty bad) was talking about conscription.  

6 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Not talking about the wars(although it was pretty bad) was talking about conscription.  

Take a look around: we are in a really bad way NOW.  People have regressed into a "me...me...me" society and have no sense of community or nation.   Put Newfies, Quebeckers, Aboriginals, prairie farmers, SECOND generation immigrants (maybe even first gen??)  and city slickers all together in barracks for a year or two and they will learn of necessity how to get along.   Give them some training and experience at a useful job and they will be worth a lot more to employers, the economy and their families.

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

Take a look around: we are in a really bad way NOW.  People have regressed into a "me...me...me" society and have no sense of community or nation.   Put Newfies, Quebeckers, Aboriginals, prairie farmers, SECOND generation immigrants (maybe even first gen??)  and city slickers all together in barracks for a year or two and they will learn of necessity how to get along.   Give them some training and experience at a useful job and they will be worth a lot more to employers, the economy and their families.

Yes.  But don't ship them off to fight in some stupid war half way around the world that no one really cares about.  How many troops and how much cash did the u s. waste in Vietnam and Iraq?  

14 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Like i said regardless of how long the next conflict is, there won't be any time for conscription ,it will be a come as you are war, there won't be time to produce anything like ships, tanks or planes because of the amount of time it requires to build them.and how complex they have become.  It won't stay conventional for very long once the equipment starts to run out it will quickly escalate into NBCW, used on major city centers with large civilian populations.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, bcsapper said:

Thanks for the tip!  I'd better keep out of the way of all those real men and women.   Could get messy...

Indeed, you should keep away from those real men and women. Having those weak minded people like you around makes the whole world weak and pathetic and quite a messy place to live. Now when the vaccine comes out I hope that you will be the first in line to get your puss shot. Lol. Just saying. ;)

16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

So, maybe it is time for Canada to get rid of it's military altogether. All someone does when they join the military is end up going off to some created war by the corporate globalists elite and they either get themselves injured or killed. The military is there for the elite to overthrow a leader of any country who will defy and not obey their commands and authority. But I am pretty sure that you know that already, right? ;)

7 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Yes.  But don't ship them off to fight in some stupid war half way around the world that no one really cares about.  How many troops and how much cash did the u s. waste in Vietnam and Iraq?  

H. Kissinger once said that military men are "dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign wars". It cannot be much clearer than that that all men and now women who join the military are just cannon fodder for the globalist corporate elite like Kissinger. Punch in and look it up yourself. It is still on the internet for all to see. Soldiers get no thanks for doing what they do. They just go get themselves maimed and killed. Kissinger is oh so right. ;)

1 hour ago, taxme said:

H. Kissinger once said that military men are "dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign wars". It cannot be much clearer than that that all men and now women who join the military are just cannon fodder for the globalist corporate elite like Kissinger. Punch in and look it up yourself. It is still on the internet for all to see. Soldiers get no thanks for doing what they do. They just go get themselves maimed and killed. Kissinger is oh so right. ;)

Kissinger was a piece of shit.

Most, if not all wars are fought for selfish gains of a select few.

Young men are sacrificed around the world because of these selfish few, who profit from the cycles of war.

I agree with that.

All said, the extent that a lot of some of the conspiracy theories (that have been around, but are now being magnified because of the echo chambers of social media), have gone too far.

Like this whole COVID19 being a big, globalist hoax. For this to work, many people, at many levels need to be in on it. It is just not possible for so many people to be on a hoax like this.

The virus is real. People are dying. The ICU wards cannot handle beyond a number of people, who, because of COVID and their health, must be taken to the ICU. The large number of seniors dying is not like anything we have seen before. COVID19 is real.

Perhaps, we can argue that a different approach needs to be taken to respond... but to say that this is all a hoax, I find to be outrageous. I put this theory right there with people who believe the earth is flat.

Plus, besides Amazon and a few other companies, who does the lockdown benefit? If anything, the top 1% do not want disruptions in the system and the rat race that has been created. They want business as usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, marcus said:

Plus, besides Amazon and a few other companies, who does the lockdown benefit? If anything, the top 1% do not want disruptions in the system and the rat race that has been created. They want business as usual.

On that point, the billionaire class has almost tripled their income since the pandemic began.

4 hours ago, taxme said:

So, maybe it is time for Canada to get rid of it's military altogether. All someone does when they join the military is end up going off to some created war by the corporate globalists elite and they either get themselves injured or killed. The military is there for the elite to overthrow a leader of any country who will defy and not obey their commands and authority. But I am pretty sure that you know that already, right? ;)

I'd be ok with that, but NOT having a military comes at a cost as well , I know that snapped Canadians heads back.... How so Army guy, well who is going to look after our sovereignty, things like Hans island with out a military what is keeping Denmark from just claiming it,  Same as the passage through the artic ocean who patrols/ controls that, and who protects our 200 km limit off our coast, remember the turbot wars  ? where a foreign navy ship rammed a Canadian war ship trying to arrest a illegal fishing ves , who's to stop anyone from claiming land / resources in our artic. Shit a boat load of newfies could row across the straight and claim Quebec, in the name of Odin.. and nobody could stop them , perhaps a few Mountie's riding on caribou. 

And what does it cost to have someone do that for us, not having a say in any sovereign decision? 

What was the last conflict that Canada was involved with that was run by corporate America, can you name one ? 

Canada does have a foreign policy with interest across the globe, who defends all of that... who evacuates Canadian citizens living in another country like Lebanon in times of crises...

I know to many questions, but if that is all you think our military does for you while you sleep in your bed every night your mistaken. our military is busy 365 days a year 24 hours a day. But I'm sure you already knew that...

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I'd be ok with that, but NOT having a military comes at a cost as well

Shit a boat load of newfies could row across the straight and claim Quebec, in the name of Odin.. and nobody could stop them , perhaps a few Mountie's riding on caribou. 

What was the last conflict that Canada was involved with that was run by corporate America, can you name one ? 

If it would get Quebec of the ROC tit, I would send the oars to Nfld tomorrow.

The answer to your question is WWII - sponsored by Wall Street.

Of course, you hit the nail right on the head when it comes to Arctic Sovereignty.  Instead of wasting time and money trying to fit NATO or other requirements, we need to shift our military and especially our reserves (obviously including Rangers) to a very serious, full court press to command Arctic Sovereignty.  Russia is the really big worry as they are already deciding how to develop OUR petroleum resources.

• Like 1