Mask wearing. The mark of the beast.

taxme

On 11/28/2020 at 12:24 PM, cannuck said:

My concern with masks is that a rag over your face is no where near what is required to effectively block flow of virus.  Even when carried in relatively large gobs, an infectious person coughing or breathing very heavily (main method of transmission) will vent large viral loads of smaller droplets through the horrid gaps in DIY masks or through the HUGE holes in the weave of cloth.  If you want any kind of actual barrier, you need a fitted, sealed mask with correct filtration medium and then dispose of it at the end of any donned session.  Why?  Where the hell do you think the virus is?  It is all over the mask and you stick it in your pocket or leave on your desk, and then touch it again to put it back on.  No, not as dangerous but still handling it with same hands you picked your nose and rubbed your eyes with when it was off.   Biggest concern: the very false sense of security that people get when wearing masks results in them entering closed areas full of other people, and often ignoring distance requirements.

BTW: if you watch what PPE is being used by medical professionals, you will notice supplied air full head covering, not just face masks.  If masks are adequate protection, that is all that doctors and nurses would be wearing.  After all, THEY are the experts in disease and related technologies.

Maybe people should start wearing those military type gas masks? Lol. Real men and real women do not wear face diaper masks. They are worn by wimps and non thinking fools that live in a world of fear and panic created by their dear leaders and the media. 

Here in BC  when one enters a restaurant they must wear a mask. When they are seated they can then take their mask off.  WTH? So, when one is sitting down the virus will lay dormant in someone. But when they get up to leave or go to the washroom, where they must wear a mask, well of course the virus will then come alive and attack. Make sense to you? Maybe I should tell people that their brain is an app. Maybe then they will use their brain for a change. Just saying. :D

• Like 2

On 11/29/2020 at 8:36 AM, Army Guy said:

Your missing the point altogether, this whole mask/social distance/ washing your hands thing is not going to work if EVERYONE does not follow the 3 simple protocols put in place. Transmission rates will continue to climb, overwhelming our health sys, perhaps closing down everything once again, not to mention putting our long term care homes in great danger.

I don't think there is anyone out there that likes our current state, and what it is doing to our health, and economy . And yes there are people who are going to fall through the cracks, commit suicide, have mental health events, die from waiting on a medical procedure, etc etc... The current protocols are put in place to keep the maximum amount of people healthy and alive, it's not going to save everyone, people need to come to terms with that people are going to die.. and it is beyond our control to save everyone.

Only "you" have the power to comply to 3 simple protocols, not doing it is your choice. But it's not your health we are worried about it is the majority's, you know your neighbors, families, friends.   If you don't want to play, then don't... be that person.

I really don't see the problem here with following 3 simples requests... 

Look-look the sky is starting to fall down. Hurry head for a cave. The simple three rules that I like to practice are 1. I do not wear a mask unless I am forced to do so. 2. I do not practice social distancing from anyone. We are all starting to become anti-social and treating everyone like they all have this scary virus. 3. I do not act like a bunch of Convid 1984 virus idiots who constantly live in a state of fear and panic over such sillyness. They have all worked for my quite well. The politicians and the media and those so called health experts don't like me because I do not believe all their bull chit. 

I have learned over the years that when our dear leaders and the bought off corporate globalist media hype up on anything then I naturally go in the opposite direction. When I allow myself to listen to anyone of them I mentioned above my life always goes haywire and it costs me big time. Just my opinion of course. ;)

On 12/4/2020 at 12:46 PM, dialamah said:

What a jerk.  

At least I am not one of those many tens of thousands of poor Canadian brainwashed maskholes out there. Try going into a grocery store now without wearing a mask? I cannot buy essentially needed food anymore without having to wear a mask, and you think that this is all okay, "jerk"?

While you go around wearing a mask your dear comrade lying leaders, the lying media, and those so called health experts, and of course the elite are all having a good laugh on you at your expense. Maybe I should start telling people that the brain is an app. Maybe then they will start to use their brain. :lol:

PS: It is a well known fact that the wearing of masks all day long is not a very healthy thing for anyone to be doing for someones lungs or body. People will develop problems down the road if they continue to keep playing this mask wearing game. Only real men and women do not wear masks. ;)

Edited by taxme

On 12/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, bcsapper said:

I think it's affected.  I don't think anyone could actually be that stupid and still be able to use a computer.

That is the same question that I keep asking myself about a trained seal like you all the time. Arf-arf!! So, how are you able to use a computer? What tricks are you using? Just asking. ;)

On 11/29/2020 at 8:36 AM, Army Guy said:

Your missing the point altogether, this whole mask/social distance/ washing your hands thing is not going to work if EVERYONE does not follow the 3 simple protocols put in place. Transmission rates will continue to climb, overwhelming our health sys, perhaps closing down everything once again, not to mention putting our long term care homes in great danger.

I don't think there is anyone out there that likes our current state, and what it is doing to our health, and economy . And yes there are people who are going to fall through the cracks, commit suicide, have mental health events, die from waiting on a medical procedure, etc etc... The current protocols are put in place to keep the maximum amount of people healthy and alive, it's not going to save everyone, people need to come to terms with that people are going to die.. and it is beyond our control to save everyone.

Only "you" have the power to comply to 3 simple protocols, not doing it is your choice. But it's not your health we are worried about it is the majority's, you know your neighbors, families, friends.   If you don't want to play, then don't... be that person.

I really don't see the problem here with following 3 simples requests... 

Sad to say it but I personally think that you missed the point and the boat a very long time ago. It's always the same old excuses and words that people like you like to use against others to try and shut them down. Words like "it's all about and for the children". "It's all about protecting your neighbors, family and friends by wearing a mask and protecting those people" from yourself". Great gotcha questions that most people always fall for and will back off from wanting to express their opinion. That does not work with me, soldier boy. I think that you being in the military and use to taking orders without being able to question those orders have wrecked your brain from being able to think for yourself anymore. Your dear leaders and the media do the thinking for you now. just saying. 

The wearing of a mask all day long as been shown that it is one of the most unhealthy things anyone can be doing to their lungs and body. But yet they will still do so because their dear leaders,the media and health experts say it's all okay to do so. It is truly amazing how there can be so many maskholes out there that refuse to try and think for themselves any longer if they ever did so at all. I will continue to think for myself and that makes me an enemy of our dear leaders and the media. My opinion of course. ;)

Taxme, you do you, what ever that maybe, debating with you, is like arguing with my toaster. It goes no where. Because i know you wear a mask , and follow social distancing, because if you don't someone is going to refuse you service or goods because it is the law.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:34 AM, oops said:

You disparage Mr. Hodkison as being a geezer, but I assume that you hope one day to be one. I don't know your background or area of expertise, and I am not a betting man, but if I was I would wager that Mr. Hodkinson is more qualified to address the subject than you are. I know from experience that if a person is faced with a person with with an opposing point of view, and a superior argument, that person will often attack the presenter, rather than address the issue. At any rate people wearing masks does not prevent the spread of the virus.

If you were a betting man I'd be taking your money, b'y. I am a geezer myself and was in the same line of work as Hodkinson. The difference is I know I never had any serious expertise in this area. If the guff quoted above is what he really said, his arguments are dangerously wrong and decidedly inferior. 

Masks reduce the spread of this virus. Please wear them. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

18 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

If you were a betting man I'd be taking your money, b'y. I am a geezer myself and was in the same line of work as Hodkinson. The difference is I know I never had any serious expertise in this area. If the guff quoted above is what he really said, his arguments are dangerously wrong and decidedly inferior. 

Masks reduce the spread of this virus. Please wear them. 

It seems that you would in fact win that bet. That is why I am not a betting man. I do wear a mask when mandated by law (which it is in all public indoor spaces in B.C. currently), or requested by merchants or other hosts. I do find that air that I have not just exhaled is more pleasant of odor, and richer in oxygen. My contention is with the idea that these measures prevent the spread of the virus. I believe that they just flatten the curve, and spread the same number of infections over a longer period of time. I believe that the crisis has lasted long enough.

On 12/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, oops said:

1. My contention is with the idea that these measures prevent the spread of the virus.

2. I believe that they just flatten the curve, and spread the same number of infections over a longer period of time.

3. I believe that the crisis has lasted long enough.

1.  Who has said masks "prevent" the spread of the virus?

2. Yes, exactly the goal in order to (hopefully) prevent the hospitals from being completely overwhelmed with Covid patients in a short period of time. 

3.  Don't we all?  Unfortunately, the virus controls that.

I wonder that if the thing is that you must wear a mask anywhere indoors where there are other people doesn't that by that logic mean that you even have to wear a mask even at home if you live with somebody? Oh piss off!

Luckily though I live alone.

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2020 at 4:16 PM, -TSS- said:

Anyone with an ounce of common sense realises that mask-thing is total bollocks but we seem to be lacking in people with common sense.

They have full hazmat suits in the hospitals when treating COVID infected patients.  If those flimsy cheap blue masks were all they needed, why would they?

So the mask wearing is largely a government orchestrated hoax, aimed to camouflage the Government's inability to deal with the situation and be able to control the virus.  The virus is controlling the government, making it spend and spend and spend.

I do what most of us do, wear the stupid mask when I enter an institution and take it out when I come out.  Depending on what mask I use, I have trouble breathing, especially if I had to run beforehand.  I have trouble with my glasses fogging up too.  Most likely I will get sick with some mask-wearing related disease or the vaccine before COVID gets me.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

I wonder that if the thing is that you must wear a mask anywhere indoors where there are other people doesn't that by that logic mean that you even have to wear a mask even at home if you live with somebody?

Yes, masks on all the time.  They take them off only for lunch and sex; then back on they go.:P

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:43 PM, taxme said:

So, what say you? Do you think that the forced wearing of masks in say grocery stores is a good thing and can be seen as the mark of the beast or 666 that is written in the bible? No mask, no buy. i think so. Any comments? ;)

Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba have BY FAR the 3 highest COVID cases per capita in the country.  These mask libertarians are total morons of the highest degree and are responsible for killing people.

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

1.  Who has said masks "prevent" the spread of the virus?

2. Yes, exactly the goal in order to (hopefully) prevent the hospitals from being completely overwhelmed with Covid patients in a short period of time. 

3.  Don't we all?  Unfortunately, the virus controls that.

Why do people think that viral infections are threatening to overwhelm our hospitals? There are 1675 covid hospitalizations in Canada, and over 1200 hospitals. That means less than 1.4 patients per hospital on average. Wake up people. the hospitals were running at capacity before the crisis. There were months long waiting lists for cancer, and heart disease treatments. People were dying while waiting for treatments, and then the government shut down the hospitals. Think that didn't cause a problem? 

Flattening the curve doesn't reduce viral infections, it just spreads them out over a longer period of time.

image.thumb.png.c5821dc8673db68a31aeee44f5622dcc.png

As you can see the flattened curve has fewer infections at first, but over time the curve without preventative measures decreases more rapidly and results in fewer infections. After 8 months we probably now have more infections than if no measures had been taken. Even if we assume that we would have started with twice as many infections as we now have there would still be about 3 cases per hospital.

Increased deaths on waiting lists, increased deaths among opiod dependent people, increased domestic abuse and our elders suffering increased mental and physical health problems from being isolated are all totally caused by the government lock downs, not viral infections.

Edited by oops

On 12/7/2020 at 10:48 AM, taxme said:

That is the same question that I keep asking myself about a trained seal like you all the time. Arf-arf!! So, how are you able to use a computer? What tricks are you using? Just asking. ;)

Even Jason Kenney has realized that things will get out of control, unless there are restrictions.

Alberta's hospitals have reached their capacity and if the current trend continues, COVID patients will need to be put into hallways. There aren't enough nurses and doctors to handle the major overload.

Do you think that this is all a hoax? That every single politician, including Jason Kenney is out to get you?

How can there be so many people, at different levels, from different parties, all around the world, be part of some elaborate hoax? How does this make sense in your brain?

Look at Alberta's cases: They have as many cases as Ontario, and their population is 1/4 of Ontario. Seriously? Do you think this is all a hoax? @Nefarious Banana? @cannuck? You two have "thanked" his post. Do you two also think this is all a hoax?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marcus said:

Look at Alberta's cases: They have as many cases as Ontario, and their population is 1/4 of Ontario. Seriously? Do you think this is all a hoax? @Nefarious Banana? @cannuck? You two have "thanked" his post. Do you two also think this is all a hoax?

Didn't recall 'thanking' your quoted post . . . . 

7 hours ago, marcus said:

Alberta's hospitals have reached their capacity and if the current trend continues, COVID patients will need to be put into hallways. There aren't enough nurses and doctors to handle the major overload.

https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx

https://www.google.com/search?q=number+of+hospitals+in+canada+by+province&rlz=1C1GGRV_enCA911CA911&oq=number+of+hospitals+canada&aqs=chrome.1.69i59j0i22i30l6j69i60.18743j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There are 161 hospitals on Alberta and 685 covid cases, on average 4.3 per hospital. Of these 121 are in intensive care, an average of close to one per hospital. If the hospitals are allowed to remain open they should be able to handle this load, this is no excuse to continue measures that compromise our children's future.