Mask wearing. The mark of the beast.

taxme

On 11/24/2020 at 4:26 PM, OftenWrong said:

Soon, the mob will kill you if you do not comply.

We have to stand against fear-mongering, especially by the mass media. You can tell how they use headlines to implant seeds of fearful thought. Those headlines are carefully crafted by experts in psychology and propaganda. 

We're being played, conditioned, dumb'd down . . . . . sad thing is that we've lost our critical thought process.  Turn on the radio/TV/etc. and you're told what to do . . . . and you do it.  Perfect atmosphere for the Turd-o types to bankrupt the country, impose unworkable policies, and keep you in fear.  Yes, we are sheep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Many children die in car accidents, and of cancer, and every single time that happens it's an absolute tragedy. 

The death of a single child is worse than the deaths of 100 ninety year olds, and if you ask anyone born before 1930 they'll all gladly go before their great-grandchildren, even the ones that they've never met.

There's literally zero comparison between C19 and cancer, or car accidents. Zeeeerooooo

If you ask me the only reason that C19 is such a big deal is because the people who own TV stations, radio stations, and make movies in Hollywood are all in C19's target demographic.

The fear-mongering on the news is unbearable. "THERE WERE 100 NEW CASES OF C19 IN ___________ YESTERDAY. OMG! WE NEED TO CRACKDOWN ON EVERYTHING!!!!! SOON WE WILL NEED TO LOCK PEOPLE UP!!!!!!!"

Blah, blah, blah

I pretty much have given up on listening to the Canadian news on TV anymore. Pretty much the whole news cast is always about this Convid 1984 virus. It is like they are constantly trying to brainwash us every day with this so called terrible virus. I know that curfews and lock downs are coming because they the sheeple will obey the orders and commands of their dear leaders once again. They will never question or challenge anything. Where have all the Canadian patriots gone? The way things are going in Canada today can communism not be all that far away in Canada? It will be if the sheeple snowflakes out there keep going along with this convid 1984 virus farce. :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

So do I.  One of them is in very dire straits.  I have sorrow for that person, and we help him as much as we can.  I won't be surprised if he's found dead one morning,  either.

I have three girlfriends, all single and living alone, two in apartments, with no basement or yard.  They're all struggling with lack of contact with family and friends.  They're also more concerned with following the public health guidelines than I am.  They're all liberal, btw, so instead of whining about how unfair it all is, and how everyone is being scaredy cats, they buck up and do their best not to be part of the problem.

I also couldn't get counselling when I needed it, because yeah - they're very busy.  So that sucks, but it doesn't inspire me to advocate against efforts to mitigate the virus spread.

So, I don't personally know anyone who has died of cancer or in a car accident.  So I guess the numbers of those deaths are not important, because "for me" they're barely noticeable.

And if the government did little or nothing, and people were dying by the 100s or 1000s per day, you'd not be any happier. 

I don't know how it is in other places, but in BC, single people can visit another household - recognition that single people find isolation particularly tough.  Kids are still going to school - in part because it's recognized that school is also good for kids mental health.  Restaurants and bars are still operating, with restrictions.   Funerals/weddings can have up to 10 guests - because people still die and get married.  Targeted restrictions, with allowances for mental health and special events.  Short term, only extended if cases don't decrease.

This is a lot different from what happened in the Spring and reflects the government learning and changing its approach.  But of course, you are still stuck where you were months ago.  

It would appear to me that you are one of many thousands that are stuck in the twilight zone. Reality is just not your or their forte, eh? ;)

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

I pretty much have given up on listening to the Canadian news on TV anymore. Pretty much the whole news cast is always about this Convid 1984 virus. It is like they are constantly trying to brainwash us every day with this so called terrible virus. 

If you turn off the radio, you'll miss the soothing voice of Bonnie Henry . . . . day in and day out. 

23 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Exactly my thoughts. Yet I go to public transport wearing a mask because I don't want to be harassed by busybodies even though I haven't heard that of having happened here in Finland. Apparently stuff like that happens all the time in the USA and the UK. Perhaps we Finns just don't act like that.

I wonder will Biden becoming president mean that covid will go away or will it mean that there will be even more stringest measures in place to force people to stay at their homes.

Time will tell.

I think that if Biden does become the president he will force a shut down in order for his globalist buddies to be able to set up their "Great Reset" that those globalists and even our comrade PM of Canaduh are working on for all of us to enjoy and then suffer under as our freedoms are slowly taken away from us. There can in no way be a virus that can be as bad and so dangerous as this one is supposed to be. It is impossible. Indeed, time will tell as to whether we will keep our freedoms or all up living under communist globalist tyranny. Finland is also on the globalists hit list. Believe it or not. ;)

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

This is a lot different from what happened in the Spring and reflects the government learning and changing its approach.  

It's not different that they didn't take significant action yet for long term care facilities, which is where the outbreaks are most severe. Fix that problem alone, and most of the serious issues with the virus goes away, I understand.

I am advocating government to do more. Provide support for people in distress by funding. They've wasted a ton of money on CERB inefficieny and mistakes, maybe a billion dollars given out fraudulently. That's a billion worth of health care.

But of course, you are still stuck where you were months ago.  

You'd like to kill me, wouldn't you.

22 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

If you turn off the radio, you'll miss the soothing voice of Bonnie Henry . . . . day in and day out. 

There are just some things in life that one must sacrifice in order to try to maintain and keep their sanity. I guess that Comrade globalist Bonnie Henry will have to be sacrificed. No real loss anyway. But whenever I hear her nauseating voice I feel like I am going to puke.

Bonnie Poo has become a well paid off globalist liar. The bull chit that comes out of her lying mouth is incredible. She looks at us straight at our faces and feeds us all bull chit. Sadly, many will listen to her crap. Aw well, what more can be said about good old Bonnie Poo except maybe to say why don't she just go away. :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It's not different that they didn't take significant action yet for long term care facilities, which is where the outbreaks are most severe. Fix that problem alone, and most of the serious issues with the virus goes away, I understand.

I am advocating government to do more. Provide support for people in distress by funding. They've wasted a ton of money on CERB inefficieny and mistakes, maybe a billion dollars given out fraudulently. That's a billion worth of health care.

You'd like to kill me, wouldn't you.

My wife is in a care home and when I use to be able to go visit her, which sadly I cannot do anymore, I use to see employees coming to work with their masks on and be checked for a fever and they move on to their job but gawd only knows as to what they are bringing in with them on their clothing or if the virus is sneaking in the front door when opened.

Everything that is brought in for the senior residents for their personal use has to be sprayed down but the workers clothing is not. Wth? It would appear to me as though the ones bringing in this Covid virus into these care homes has to be the workers.  All I can say is that I am starting to get Covid fatigue from all of this virus bull chit. How about you? ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taxme said:

I pretty much have given up on listening to the Canadian news on TV anymore. Pretty much the whole news cast is always about this Convid 1984 virus. It is like they are constantly trying to brainwash us every day with this so called terrible virus. I know that curfews and lock downs are coming because they the sheeple will obey the orders and commands of their dear leaders once again. They will never question or challenge anything. Where have all the Canadian patriots gone? The way things are going in Canada today can communism not be all that far away in Canada? It will be if the sheeple snowflakes out there keep going along with this convid 1984 virus farce. :(

The quotes are always about "new infections" and never about the deaths of young, healthy people. 

At the height of covid we still had more Fentanyl deaths than C19 (suspected) deaths and the god-damned Libelars still aren't doing anything about Fentanyl.

We've pushed hundreds of billions of dollars into C19 now, through CERB and all the business losses/shrunken tax base.

This is madness.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I am losing patience with snowflakes who are afraid of wearing a mask. Do you obey the law that takes away your freedom to drive on the wrong side of the road?

Think of yourself as the end link in a chain that has multiple branches. You get infected and then infect two other people who infect two others each...1 - 2 - 4 - 8 - 16 - 32 etc. somewhere down the line, some of these people will end up in ICU and some will die, because you failed to take a few easy steps, ie. wash hands, keep 2 metres distant and wear a mask. Manslaughter?

With Christmas just around the corner, here you are disparaging snowflakes. I might suspect that you are a big fan of the Grinch. Driving on the wrong side of the road is not all that good of an idea, but it might prevent you from getting covid. Wearing a mask however will not. We have been told since the beginning of the crisis that the measures are meant to flatten the curve, put simply this means spreading the same number of infections over a longer period of time. You may think that you can hide from the virus forever, but viruses have been doing their job for millions of years, and are better at finding you than you are at hiding from them. With all the things that enrich ones life being taken away, the lockdowns  might seem like forever though. We are told that the measures are to prevent our hospitals from being overwhelmed, but there are on average less than 2 covid patients per hospital in Canada. Perhaps closing the hospitals at a time when there were months long waiting lists for essential procedures is partly to blame for their plight. We have had eight months of restrictions, what is your target, 10, 12 maybe 20 months? For some reason people are happy to wait it out, and aren't concerned that Trudeau has borrowed another 300 billion dollars adding to an accumulated federal debt of 900 billion (1.4 trillion when you throw in provincials debts). Of course with revenues drastically reduced at the same time it becomes a much larger  problem. Time is not a luxury that we enjoy.

Ignoring this problem and waiting to see how it plays out is kind of like playing on the railway tracks, and trying to ignore that annoying sound of a horn that keeps getting louder, and louder. This is also an effective way of preventing oneself from contacting the virus. 

Maybe it is time to get back to living responsibly, enjoy life again, and not leave our children a legacy of debt that will last for generations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In many European countries where the covid-situation has got very bad indeed there have been mandatory masks since the spring. Do you think the situation in those countries would be even worse had there not been such a requirement?

Having said that, in the Eastern-Asian countries where they have a long tradition of wearing masks they have learned to do it properly. In Europe people don't know how to do it properly and by wearing masks incorrectly they often only make things worse.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:41 PM, WestCanMan said:

The quotes are always about "new infections" and never about the deaths of young, healthy people. 

At the height of covid we still had more Fentanyl deaths than C19 (suspected) deaths and the god-damned Libelars still aren't doing anything about Fentanyl.

We've pushed hundreds of billions of dollars into C19 now, through CERB and all the business losses/shrunken tax base.

This is madness.

All of our comrade political leaders have gone nuts in the head. None of them give a dam about Canada or Canadians. They have been handed all the power in the world that they need by the globalists to destroy and turn Canada into a Marxist state. They will use Covid as an excuse to do just that. Believe it or not. ;)

On 11/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, -TSS- said:

Masks actually work. Not in the way people who speak for them say they work but in the way that people who hate wearing them start avoiding situations where wearing masks is required. In other words large crowds of people.

I wonder will covid all of a sudden disappear completely after Biden takes office. Just like the BLM-riots stopped when it began to be apparent they were harmful for the Democrat poll-ratings.

My concern with masks is that a rag over your face is no where near what is required to effectively block flow of virus.  Even when carried in relatively large gobs, an infectious person coughing or breathing very heavily (main method of transmission) will vent large viral loads of smaller droplets through the horrid gaps in DIY masks or through the HUGE holes in the weave of cloth.  If you want any kind of actual barrier, you need a fitted, sealed mask with correct filtration medium and then dispose of it at the end of any donned session.  Why?  Where the hell do you think the virus is?  It is all over the mask and you stick it in your pocket or leave on your desk, and then touch it again to put it back on.  No, not as dangerous but still handling it with same hands you picked your nose and rubbed your eyes with when it was off.   Biggest concern: the very false sense of security that people get when wearing masks results in them entering closed areas full of other people, and often ignoring distance requirements.

BTW: if you watch what PPE is being used by medical professionals, you will notice supplied air full head covering, not just face masks.  If masks are adequate protection, that is all that doctors and nurses would be wearing.  After all, THEY are the experts in disease and related technologies.

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

1.  Biggest concern: the very false sense of security that people get when wearing masks results in them entering closed areas full of other people, and often ignoring distance requirements.

2.  BTW: if you watch what PPE is being used by medical professionals, you will notice supplied air full head covering, not just face masks.  If masks are adequate protection, that is all that doctors and nurses would be wearing.  After all, THEY are the experts in disease and related technologies.

1.  People say this, but is it true?  My experience has been that mask wearers are more conscious of keeping distance.  But my experience isn't data, so what is the data on this claim?

2. Medical professionals work closely with infected patients and are exposed to a lot of virus in small areas, so they need better protection.  Still, they do get sick.  If the goal is 100% protection or its no good, should medical professionals not wear any protection at all?

Interestingly, they could get great protection if the patients themselves wore surgical masks, per a study I posted a few days ago, but putting masks on sick people is perhaps not the best idea. 

For the general public, wearing a mask in indoor spaces helps keep the viral load in the environment low.  Wearing a mask further reduces the viral load for the wearer.  The lower the viral load a person is exposed to, the less likely they are to get sick, and the less sick they'll be, if they do get sick.

Wearing a mask isn't 100% protection, but it can effectively slow the spread.  That's been demonstrated by numerous studies.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Wearing a mask isn't 100% protection, but it can effectively slow the spread.  That's been demonstrated by numerous studies.  

Yes, masks might reduce spread from people in too close proximity.   THAT is exactly the attitude that is killing a LOT of people.   The solution is to stay the hell OUT of enclosed spaces and away from other people.   Masks do exactly as they have obviously done to you - provide a false sense of security that results in a "slower" spread.   Dead people's families don't give a rat's ass about how quickly the virus is being spread.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:50 PM, OftenWrong said:

Easy for some to say. If you have a home with a yard, basement, garage.

The shutdown is quite easy for some people to handle because they don't need anything, they have enough and have financial reserves. They have a home with a close-knit family, stability and a life that can continue.

It's easy to feel comfortable and not at all understand those who are in a much more tenous situation.

I don't know anyone who got the virus yet, let alone died. So no, the numbers are not noticeable. I suspect the numbers are heavily slanted towards people who are 90 years old being the main reason. I don't know anyone who is 90.

But so far I DO KNOW, personally, three people who have had a hard time during this pandemic. They are all young adults in their 20's. One person who needs to see a councellor, and is lucky to find the space because they're overloaded. One person who attempted suicide but was stopped by his father. And one person, a father, who found his daughter dead on the floor.

Maybe you're not hearing my central message- the government enforces a shutdown in such a way this is inhumane. If you need to shut down, you have to find a way to help the people who will also be affected by it, not just by handing out CERB. It's being heavily abused, you know? The money is going down the shitter, and we can do much better.

This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the social consequences we face that are going unaddressed.

And today to boot we hear about shop owners being arrested, squads of cops blockading streets, in Canada. People are getting so screwed up in the head by their own fear, they're gonna kill someone for it soon.

For those that do not have a yard, basement, or garage, there is other options, living room with some sort of exercise equipment, parking space, running up and down  stair wells, point is there is a way to work out if you want to, and with social media being what it is today, you can keep in touch with anyone for a little investment...   

Your right i have it better than most, but i prepared for something like this.  I get it there are going to be people who are not as well off, who have more stressors, their lives are no longer predicable, their lives suck... But this is why we have all these programs to assist people in need, they are not going to make you rich, but atleast it is something. 

• Canada: COVID-19 cases by age | Statista

Age brackets 20-29 have the largest percentage of Corvid cases, followed by 30-39, and while it kills our elderly citizens and people with medical problems already, we still do not know what damage is done to a healthy young body..

Look I'm no doctor, but i do know the pain and suffering that goes with suicide and mental illness, and it sucks period. No matter what is going on around us. 

I get your message loud and clear, you do not trust our government or there actions, neither do i,  but then again what is it costing me to wear a mask, social distance, and only go out if absolutely needed. Nothing really, most of the country is doing it... it's not like they have a a total lock down and are shooting law breakers in the streets. This is Canada for F*** sake, we'd be lucky to see our military out at all.. Do i think they could have done things quicker, better, Yes i do, but that is above my pay grade and i hope change is on the way shortly. But this is only the middle part of this issue, and much more Bils to spend. 

As for those that took advantage of all the funding that came from the government, I hope they get caught... shit we see abuse all the time when dealing with tax payers money... could they have done this differently , Sure could, but i can't change that...and rebelling and not do what little we are being asked to is not the answer. The answer is do all of that , and vote Justin and his merry gang out of office when it comes time..

• Thanks 1

My mom in law dont' have no cell phone with internet. She's a nice old Acadian lady. Doesn't know how to use a computer. She does swim though, goes to the pool daily. In her 80's. The first shut down she couldn't swim anymore. She lives in a condo, but she's not doing stairs with her hips. Going for a walk around the block isn't enough. We haven't seen her in months because of it. Poor old Ethel.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

For those that do not have a yard, basement, or garage, there is other options, living room with some sort of exercise equipment, parking space, running up and down  stair wells, point is there is a way to work out if you want to, and with social media being what it is today, you can keep in touch with anyone for a little investment...   

Your right i have it better than most, but i prepared for something like this.  I get it there are going to be people who are not as well off, who have more stressors, their lives are no longer predicable, their lives suck... But this is why we have all these programs to assist people in need, they are not going to make you rich, but atleast it is something. 

• Canada: COVID-19 cases by age | Statista

Age brackets 20-29 have the largest percentage of Corvid cases, followed by 30-39, and while it kills our elderly citizens and people with medical problems already, we still do not know what damage is done to a healthy young body..

Look I'm no doctor, but i do know the pain and suffering that goes with suicide and mental illness, and it sucks period. No matter what is going on around us. 

I get your message loud and clear, you do not trust our government or there actions, neither do i,  but then again what is it costing me to wear a mask, social distance, and only go out if absolutely needed. Nothing really, most of the country is doing it... it's not like they have a a total lock down and are shooting law breakers in the streets. This is Canada for F*** sake, we'd be lucky to see our military out at all.. Do i think they could have done things quicker, better, Yes i do, but that is above my pay grade and i hope change is on the way shortly. But this is only the middle part of this issue, and much more Bils to spend. 

As for those that took advantage of all the funding that came from the government, I hope they get caught... shit we see abuse all the time when dealing with tax payers money... could they have done this differently , Sure could, but i can't change that...and rebelling and not do what little we are being asked to is not the answer. The answer is do all of that , and vote Justin and his merry gang out of office when it comes time..

I'm not taking your mask away from you. Hell, go ahead. Your breath stinks anyway, and I don't want you to be any closer than 2m from me even on a good day,

so,

I know people who have health issues like fibroyalgia, and other conditions where you have to go to the gym every day. The more exercise you get the better it is to manage the symptoms.

These peopls cannot afford a 5000 Norditrak in the exercise suite, if you know what I mean.   ;)