America Under pResident Biden

39 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I would.  I like watching women's football.  I'd rather watch women's football than pretty much any other men's team sport, except cricket.

Maybe baseball.

you're weird

women's soccer is rubbish

most women's sports aren't entertaining at all

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you're weird

women's soccer is rubbish

It depends on what one compares it to.  When I'm at home and I go see City play Scunthorpe or Rochdale, it's not mind blowing stuff.  But, like the women's game, it's still better than watching men play most other team sports.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Nor is Defund the Police a Federal initiative or anything Biden has every pledged support for. 

Their spin is that voting against a funding Bill does more to Defund the Police than anything the Dems has ever done. 

And yet...

Washington Post gives White House 'Three Pinocchios' for claiming Republicans are defunding police

https://ground.news/article/analysis-the-white-houses-slipshod-claim-that-republicans-are-defunding-the-police_b15769

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It depends on what one compares it to.  When I'm at home and I go see City play Scunthorpe or Rochdale, it's not mind blowing stuff.  But, like the women's game, it's still better than watching men play most other team sports.

hard no

comparing women's sports to their male counterparts

the women are nowhere near as good, it's not even close

the only exceptions are sports that are too boring too watch

like volleyball or curling

where attractive women give you something to watch instead of nothing

they still aren't anywhere near as good at those sports though

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

hard no

comparing women's sports to their male counterparts

the women are nowhere near as good, it's not even close

I'm not.  I'm comparing women's soccer to men's American or Canadian football, hockey, ice hockey,  basketball, Australian rules football, handball, volleyball, etc.

I'm not.  I'm comparing women's soccer to men's American or Canadian football, hockey, ice hockey,  basketball, Australian rules football, handball, volleyball, etc.

well then chick soccer is worse than them, by a wide margin

particularly in the case of football, hockey and basketball

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

well then chick soccer is worse than them, by a wide margin

Sure, to you. 

You would have to strap me down and do a Clockwork Orange on my eyelids to get me to watch many of those.

Sure, to you. 

You would have to strap me down and do a Clockwork Orange on my eyelids to get me to watch many of those.

you'd have to do that to get me or most human beings to watch women's soccer

which is why they don't make nearly as much as the men

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you'd have to do that to get me or most human beings to watch women's soccer

I never thought about canvassing the species.  I know when I'm beat.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

I would.  I like watching women's football.  I'd rather watch women's football than pretty much any other men's team sport, except cricket.

Maybe baseball.

Surely you realize that you're an outlier, right? 

Some people prefer playing with women's feet to having intercourse. When one person likes it that doesn't make it mainstream.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Surely you realize that you're an outlier, right? 

Some people prefer playing with women's feet to having intercourse. When one person likes it that doesn't make it mainstream.

Well, you can keep the feet thing to yourself.  Let's just discuss sports, eh?

16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Not whiners

US women's soccer team generates more revenue than men's team.

Canadian women are consistently ranked in the top five, the men qualified for one world cup back in 86.

the other men's teams bring in the money

the other women's teams don't

that's why the men get paid more, a bigger pie leaves larger pieces for all

talk to me when the women's world cup generates as much as the men's

except that won't happen because no one gives a shit about chick soccer

but if it did, then the women would be as well paid as the men, until then they won't be

they are whiners, demanding to be paid more relative to the profit generated than the men, while claiming to be champions of equality

Edited by Yzermandius19

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

Not whiners

US women's soccer team generates more revenue than men's team.

Canadian women are consistently ranked in the top five, the men qualified for one world cup back in 86.

The Olympic teams need to make it worthwhile for men to leave their pro teams. No women play pro. 

If a homeless guy wins a free room in a Super8 he’ll definitely go, if Christiano Renaldo wins that room he ain’t going, period.

Canadian women can play sports like soccer, unlike women in places like Saudi Arabia. Also, in general, women are far more active in sports here than in the rest of the world.

For men’s soccer it’s the exact opposite- hardly any Canadian men play soccer but globally a very large percentage of men play soccer. 

There are less than 5M people in Croatia yet they made it to the world cup final. That’s like if BC had a team that made it that far. Safe to say that 90% of men there play soccer, a lot. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The Olympic teams need to make it worthwhile for men to leave their pro teams. No women play pro. 

If a homeless guy wins a free room in a Super8 he’ll definitely go, if Christiano Renaldo wins that room he ain’t going, period.

Canadian women can play sports like soccer, unlike women in places like Saudi Arabia. Also, in general, women are far more active in sports here than in the rest of the world.

For men’s soccer it’s the exact opposite- hardly any Canadian men play soccer but globally a very large percentage of men play soccer. 

There are less than 5M people in Croatia yet they made it to the world cup final. That’s like if BC had a team that made it that far. Safe to say that 90% of men there play soccer, a lot. 

The big reason always given for paying women less is that men bring in more revenue. The US women's team generates more revenue for the USSF than the men and should be paid accordingly. Tennis is already doing this.

Teams having to release players for National Team duties is a fact of life in soccer world wide.

Edited by Aristides

6 hours ago, Aristides said:

The big reason always given for paying women less is that men bring in more revenue. The US women's team generates more revenue for the USSF than the men and should be paid accordingly. Tennis is already doing this.

Teams having to release players for National Team duties is a fact of life in soccer world wide.

that is on how people showing the number to support their views. I remembered that Men brought in more revenue in both sports (soccer / tennis) after people drilled drown into the number carefully. Back to soccer, it was because the US men team missed the world cup that time.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, Aristides said:

again, the pay is based on the revenue generated by all teams and the men generate more revenue than the women

therefore the men get payed more than the women

the reason the women get payed less, is because less people watch the women

not sexism

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 7/7/2021 at 8:43 PM, bcsapper said:

Maybe baseball.

In many ways women's football is better to watch than the men's game. 

You don't get anywhere near so much fouling, diving, faking injury etc. The game flows much better without all the stoppages. 

Edited by Iceni warrior

4 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

In many ways women's football is better to watch than the men's game. 

You don't get anywhere near so much fouling, diving, faking injury etc. The game flows much better without all the stoppages. 

Yeah, and I won't need a valium, like I'm going to need tomorrow...

On 7/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, taxesanddeath said:

that is on how people showing the number to support their views. I remembered that Men brought in more revenue in both sports (soccer / tennis) after people drilled drown into the number carefully. Back to soccer, it was because the US men team missed the world cup that time.

The women are World and Olympic Champions. 

21 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

again, the pay is based on the revenue generated by all teams and the men generate more revenue than the women

therefore the men get payed more than the women

the reason the women get payed less, is because less people watch the women

not sexism

More people watch the women's national team, that's why they bring in more revenue.