America Under pResident Biden

On 2/22/2021 at 7:48 AM, WestCanMan said:

BS. 1) Stop getting your 'news' from QAnon west and 2) Proud Boys didn't commit a single terrorist attack ever, so they're not terrorists by definition

Dummmmb, de dumb dummmb...

You have to be white to be a white supremacist, which is what the accusation against the Proud Boys is. Get your head out of your arse.

Who the f do you think they're racist against? Themselves? Their parents? Their kids? 

FYI and ad hominem attack would be against you, the deliverer of info, not your sources. 

You're acting like you're quoting news sources, but they're actually discredited propagandists all. 

IDGAF about the 95 minute capitol riot. 

In a country with 300M people for sure you can find some people who will question the results of an election for 2 months, especially when it happens under such questionable circumstances.

You did that for four years WITH NO EVIDENCE AT ALL.

LMAO. It's completely impossible for you or anyone aside from Obama and Farrakhan to know how many times they met. Farrakhan was a vocal Obama supporter and they're very chummy in that photo.

No decent person meeting with Farrakhan would look chummy, and why should Farrakhan be meeting with so many influential people in the first place? That's disgusting. 

That whole paragraph is just alarming lies and bullshit. There's something really wrong with you dude. 

there is no evidence Joe Biden was arrested for trespassing in the Capitol

8 hours ago, taxesanddeath said:

there is no evidence Joe Biden was arrested for trespassing in the Capitol

I didn't actually mention that Joe Biden got arrested for trespassing in the capitol, but he said that he did. Probably a lie. 

He also said that he got arrested trying to visit Nelson Mandela (false) and that he comes from a long line of coal miners (wrong, there were zero) and he's the first person in his family to ever graduate from college (lie). "I DID NOT KNOW THAT HUNTER WAS WORKING AT BURISMA. PERIOD. I DID NOT KNOW!!!!" Lie. He knew, and he had to amit that he knew when the photo of him and Hunter with Devon Archer was leaked. 

9 hours ago, Shady said:

Are pipelines safer than truck and trains?  Biden’s nominee can’t answer that,.

What's stopping him from just lying? He's a Demonrat for Pete's sake.

"Scientists say that shipping rail by pipeline is more dangerous!" Done.

Or: "Building pipelines is just a white privilege job. It's completely racist to take truck-driving jobs away from minorities for the creation of a pipeline!" Done.

That guy doesn't even speak the Demmie lingo. He won't last long. 

50 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What's stopping him from just lying? He's a Demonrat for Pete's sake.

"Scientists say that shipping rail by pipeline is more dangerous!" Done.

Or: "Building pipelines is just a white privilege job. It's completely racist to take truck-driving jobs away from minorities for the creation of a pipeline!" Done.

That guy doesn't even speak the Demmie lingo. He won't last long. 

That is a good point that a Pipeline job is temporary but working for mass transportation is a bit more sustainable. I guess until Self-Driving cars take over.

The future is with batteries anyway, not bitumen. I don't imagine you can build a pipeline to transport battery components. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

That is a good point that a Pipeline job is temporary but working for mass transportation is a bit more sustainable. I guess until Self-Driving cars take over.

Pipelines kill less people, but in the case of places like Lac-Megantic, it was just a bunch of white people that died, so maybe it's racist to take their lives into account? 

The future is with batteries anyway, not bitumen. I don't imagine you can build a pipeline to transport battery components. 

For sure. Battery-powered 747s, freight trains, semis and backhoes/caterpillars etc are the way of the future. 

There are also enough power lines right now to fuel all of our vehicles and heat all of our homes and buildings. 

We should curtail our entire transportation system right now and just go with whatever electric vehicles we have. Homes can just burn garbage for heat until they all switch over to electricity. 

Thanks AOC. 

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Pipelines kill less people, but in the case of places like Lac-Megantic, it was just a bunch of white people that died, so maybe it's racist to take their lives into account? 

I seem to remember that was a big tragedy. Lots of news coverage. 

For sure. Battery-powered 747s, freight trains, semis and backhoes/caterpillars etc are the way of the future. 

There are also enough power lines right now to fuel all of our vehicles and heat all of our homes and buildings. 

We should curtail our entire transportation system right now and just go with whatever electric vehicles we have. Homes can just burn garbage for heat until they all switch over to electricity. 

No, but we shouldn't be making long term investments in technologies we're moving away from. 

Invest in smaller more efficient battery technology and create jobs from developing that. 

It's what China is doing, despite everyone claiming that North America doesn't have to do anything about Climate Change. . . because of China. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

I seem to remember that was a big tragedy. Lots of news coverage. 

Lots of racist news coverage you mean. Those lives are unimportant compared to the necessity to stop pipelines, which must also be racist somehow. I think it's it big, phallic symbol of how white men are screwing the environment. "Laying pipe into mother nature without consent!"

No, but we shouldn't be making long term investments in technologies we're moving away from. 

It's a free market society. If oil companies didn't think that they'd make money on their pipelines then they wouldn't be building them. They're not like the Liberal government, which doesn't g.a.f. because it's just someone else's money.

Invest in smaller more efficient battery technology and create jobs from developing that. 

What world do you live in, where investors are told where they have to invest their money?

What world do you live in, where investors build factories in Canada?

How many jobs will your pipe dreams actually create in Canada, or will almost all of those jobs go to China, Malaysia, etc...? 

It's what China is doing

Boges, FYI - here's what China is doing:

https://www.canadianenergycentre.ca/commentary-china-is-building-184-coal-plants-guess-what-that-will-do-to-carbon-emissions/

As of 2020, 350 coal-fired power plants are under construction. They include seven in South Korea, 13 in Japan, 52 in India, and 184 in China with the rest underway in other parts of the world.

China is also building and financing hundreds of other coal-fired power plants in countries such as Turkey, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Egypt, and Bangladesh.

By your plan, we will kill our economy to foist green regulations and taxes upon everyone here, while China's economy is booming based upon fossil fuel usage.

Then, under weaklings like Biden and Obama who refuse to tackle tough issues with China on things like intellectual property laws, our green technology will eventually be stolen by China and they'll manufacture it for themselves, and for the rest of the world, and they'll probably even sell it at a store near you.

I get that your soft little heart is in the right place Boges, but China and the rest of the world think with their heads.

You have a plan to fail in the short term, and to fail drastically in the long term, and that's it. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Lots of racist news coverage you mean. Those lives are unimportant compared to the necessity to stop pipelines, which must also be racist somehow. I think it's it big, phallic symbol of how white men are screwing the environment. "Laying pipe into mother nature without consent!"

How is it racist? Were the people in Lac Megantic all visible minorities. 

It's a free market society. If oil companies didn't think that they'd make money on their pipelines then they wouldn't be building them. They're not like the Liberal government, which doesn't g.a.f. because it's just someone else's money.

Fossil Fuels are also subsidized

https://www.iisd.org/articles/unpacking-canadas-fossil-fuel-subsidies-faq?fbclid=IwAR0x2zGANTcz6GnzYhZh2RbJnQR4I7P6HPPUcSojtxkeHJ6plkHN5w8IEok&q=faq/unpacking-canadas-fossil-fuel-subsidies/

What world do you live in, where investors are told where they have to invest their money?

What world do you live in, where investors build factories in Canada?

How many jobs will your pipe dreams actually create in Canada, or will almost all of those jobs go to China, Malaysia, etc...? 

How many permanent jobs does a pipeline create? At least creating Green technology is a manufacturing job, not a temporary infrastructure job. 

Also doing this. 

https://www.autonews.com/suppliers/how-chinese-ev-battery-giant-came-out-nowhere

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kensilverstein/2020/12/16/china-is-vowing-to-increase-renewables-triggering-a-race-for-energy-storage/?sh=41eee9ad6e90

https://www.csis.org/east-green-chinas-global-leadership-renewable-energy#:~:text=China is already leading in,by Chinese companies in 2016.

By your plan, we will kill our economy to foist green regulations and taxes upon everyone here, while China's economy is booming based upon fossil fuel usage.

See above links. They're way out of North America on Green Technology and adoption. 

https://www.geotab.com/blog/china-electric-vehicle-sales/

Then, under weaklings like Biden and Obama who refuse to tackle tough issues with China on things like intellectual property laws, our green technology will eventually be stolen by China and they'll manufacture it for themselves, and for the rest of the world, and they'll probably even sell it at a store near you.

Cheap shit at Walmart can easily be imported from China. Not so much large renewables products. 

Ford just pledged to build EV Batteries in Canada. China will certainly eat our lunch if we refuse to believe that renewables are where the future is at. 

I get that your soft little heart is in the right place Boges, but China and the rest of the world think with their heads.

You have a plan to fail in the short term, and to fail drastically in the long term, and that's it. 

As opposed to you that thinks we can continue as usual without a transition away from Fossil Fuels. What happens when we run out of Fossil fuels? 

Most Car companies are already on the EV train and most responsible Countries are moving away from Coal as a primary energy source. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Also note that the article linked about China's Coal addiction mentions that Canada's LNG could help them reduce such reliance. So it's main thesis is helping reduce emissions. 

Yes indeed...they can use-up of our natural gas supplies. I can't see any chilly issues with that. Think they couldn't? Okay...lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boges said:

How is it racist? Were the people in Lac Megantic all visible minorities. 

It would be racist to care about the people killed by shipping by freight when they were mostly white, just like it's racist to care about white people killed by police, killed by rioters, etc. 

Fossil Fuels are also subsidized

Fossil fuels account for about 25% of our exports by dollar value. The next closest thing is the auto industry, which is also subsidized.

Green tech is already being subsidized by.... a tax on carbon. Anything that this country ever makes 'green' will always have to be heavily subsidized.

How many permanent jobs does a pipeline create? At least creating Green technology is a manufacturing job, not a temporary infrastructure job. 

It brings in a ton of money up front, provides long term jobs, gives our oil more access to foreign markets, and saves people's lives. Then once they're in the ground you can forget about them for years and the area that they're in is 100% green again. Those are all good things.

Also doing this. 

Of course China is competing for jobs in every sector. They know that Americans have a huge boner for green technology. 

You're still glossing over the fact that China is going to burn more coal in 2 or 3 years than Canada burned in our entire history. 

Cheap shit at Walmart can easily be imported from China. Not so much large renewables products. 

WTF are you talking about? Almost anything large can be brought over as component parts.

Remember our government just gave a Chinese company the contract for an entire LNG pipeline? How small is that?

Ford just pledged to build EV Batteries in Canada. China will certainly eat our lunch if we refuse to believe that renewables are where the future is at. 

So you gradually ease into the future. You don't inflict it on the population like China did in their "Great Leap Forward". In case you didn't know, somewhere between 15,000,000 and 55 million people actually leapt into their graves as a result. 

As opposed to you that thinks we can continue as usual without a transition away from Fossil Fuels. What happens when we run out of Fossil fuels? 

Most Car companies are already on the EV train and most responsible Countries are moving away from Coal as a primary energy source. 

There's nothing wrong with transitioning to green technology in a democratic, free market way

There's everything wrong with a government that's forcing green tech down our throats and killing fossil fuel jobs here in NA while the rest of the world carries on like normal.

Why should be buy oil exported from human rights abusers like Saudi Arabia? Why should we shut down coal here while a human rights abuser like China is building ten times as many coal-fired plants as this country ever had? 

FWIW I know that you don't, or intentionally won't understand any of this, it's basically just here for other people to see. 

42 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There's nothing wrong with transitioning to green technology in a democratic, free market way

There's everything wrong with a government that's forcing green tech down our throats and killing fossil fuel jobs here in NA while the rest of the world carries on like normal.

Why should be buy oil exported from human rights abusers like Saudi Arabia? Why should we shut down coal here while a human rights abuser like China is building ten times as many coal-fired plants as this country ever had? 

Free Market, like all auto makers pledging to move towards EVs? 

Coal is bad for humanity. It's good to move away from it. The article YOU cited suggests China can move away from Coal towards LNG like much of the developed world has done. 

FWIW I know that you don't, or intentionally won't understand any of this, it's basically just here for other people to see. 

Ad Hominem attacks are the last scourge of people without the intellectual ability to maintain a cordial debate. Way to show your true inability to maintain a proper debate. 

It's easy to call people stupid. Doesn't really take any thought or critical thinking to do it. Congrats on lowering your debating style to the lowest common denominator. 

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

When did I say I'd like Red China to have access to our natural gas? What? Never!??

Well, golly...

Your buddy Westie posted an article about it. 

I guess you need to get on the same page. 

It's his British Columbia that's standing in the way of a pipeline to get LNG to market. I guess BC is worse than Biden. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Your buddy Westie posted an article about it. 

I guess you need to get on the same page. 

It's his British Columbia that's standing in the way of a pipeline to get LNG to market. I guess BC is worse than Biden. 

Unlike your garden commune minded commies, folks like myself are individuals and need no collective to operate. Westie...as you call him...is 100% his own force.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Unlike your garden commune minded commies, folks like myself are individuals and need no collective to operate. Westie...as you call him...is 100% his own force.

And the only reason you think I'm amongst the Progressive left "commune" is because I have a dislike for Donald Trump and the politics he brings. 

Talk about collective thinking. 

Anti Trump = Communism. 

TBH the more I see people on the "Right" with this inflexible Black or White thinking, I do move more to the Left. 

What an unintellectual lot that can't discern that there are degrees to all political appetites and support for politicians of different stripes. 

You're either with the most extreme of us, or you're Communist. New McCarthyism indeed. 

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/politics/us-iraq-iran/index.html

Looks like Biden is putting the screws to iran.  

More like back to war in Syria. Well done Joe. That only took a few weeks to get America back into the war business.