America Under pResident Biden

1 hour ago, Argus said:

News flash. Having a plan doesn't mean the plan will eliminate the problem immediately. Plans usually take time to roll out, to hire people and put them into their roles, to get staff, to open offices, to make arrangements across governments. You can't open hospitals in a day or produce more vaccine in a week.

So, let me get this straight. You were undeniably in the anti-Trump camp and now you're wanting to defend Joe Biden.

Gee, Mr Conservative, one might almost start to doubt this idea that you're the world's greatest authority on what a Conservative is. The idea being you speak from the authority of being something you call an "authentic Conservative," perhaps the world's only authentic Conservative.

One might start to doubt that.

• Haha 1

There are those here who will tell us we're not allowed to hear anything Congresswoman Lauren Boebert says because she's been deemed pariah by their "Progressive" overlords but if she keeps cracking me up with Tweets like the one below I don't think I'll obey them.

Is the fencing in DC to keep Joe from wandering off?

With-Biden-in-charge-China-sends-8-bombe

With Biden now in the White House, China sends 8 bombers, 4 fighters over Taiwan’s air defense zone

According to Reuters:

Eight Chinese bomber planes and four fighter jets entered the southwestern corner of Taiwan’s air defence identification zone on Saturday, and Taiwan’s air force deployed missiles to “monitor” the incursion, the island’s Defence Ministry said.

Not sure how the left is covering the "National Guard troops banished to underground parkades" story but over on the right they won't let it go. Here's one from Breitbart:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/22/nolte-geneva-conventions-forbid-forcing-soldiers-to-sleep-in-parking-garage/

Nolte: Geneva Conventions Forbid Forcing Soldiers to Sleep In Parking Garage

garage-floor-640x480.jpg

Apparently CNN thinks Washington might continue to be under military law until Nancy gets done with her new Impeachment farce.

They won't be using the Guard from Texas or Florida anymore though, from what I hear. The Governor's are disgusted with how their guys have been treated and have pulled them back. That's what I heard somewhere anyway. If anybody has better into on that, I'd like to hear it.

I heard Trump offered to put them up in a hotel and a GOP guy brought them Pizza and told some of them they could use his office.

Also, what I heard was a Dem rep got into an argument with one of them about not wearing a mask in a Donut shop and he was the one that got the ball rolling to kick the Guard out of the Capitol when they weren't guarding.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Caution: I'm told the following Daily Caller link is not Prog approved and you're not to read it.

Ken Cuccinelli Claims Pelosi Asked For ‘Crew-Manned Machine Guns’ In Washington

However the story contains a video from Fox News and the news section there has flipped leftward so even if you're a good foot soldier of the regressive left you may be allowed to watch that. 

Here's what you'll find:

Deputy Homeland Security Secretary Ken Cuccinelli told Fox News’ “The Story” Tuesday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi asked for “crew-manned machine guns” to be a part of security forces in Washington, D.C., ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.

To be fair, The Jerusalem Post, tells us the claim of increased American military involvement in Syria is Syrian Propaganda:

The conspiracy theory that claims Biden “invaded” Syria or sent a US convoy there on his “first day” is a misreading of events. The US supplies its forces in eastern Syria with trucks often sent from the Kurdistan region of northern Iraq. This is a tenuous logistics pipeline for US personnel and Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve. Those who follow these movements call them routine. There is no evidence of an increased US footprint, a change in posture or tempo of operations. 

https://www.jpost.com/international/false-claims-in-syria-biden-will-start-war-as-us-presence-there-rejected-656440

The rest of Kirk's tweet seems fact-based though.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:39 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Got to love them yelling 'delete that' as they smack the phone from his hand.

Scanning some of the news blurbs a little while back, I came across that CNN video you posted of their take on the Portland protests, and reading through the transcript, what jumped out at me is that CNN makes it ALL about RACE! As if Covid job losses, lockdowns, poverty, increasing homelessness etc. isn't part of the increasing radicalization that they find so inexplicable in Portland or Seattle and other dot.com bubble clusters that were supposed to lead the way to a bright new techno-driven future and solve all of our earthly problems....including climate change.

So, when things go wrong, it seems like CNN and the shitlib journalists/narrative spinners they send out into the field very rarely, are tasked with making conflicts all about race, gender, new trans issues that maybe a room-full of people actually have to deal with, instead of mentioning the growing economic divide. And when MSM does let someone talk about debt and income inequality that's now couched as specifically race-bound, they are very careful never to mention the causes....just the symptoms! Nobody at the Times or CNN wants to tell their readers and viewers that these damn tech monopolies have even dislodged the major banks as the prime cause of concentration of wealth at the top.

A couple of days ago, I heard Thomas Frank (used to be called upon all the time 10 years ago as an MSNBC pundit) mention that what he finds fascinating and disturbing about the 2020 Election is that the major corporations who had been buying politicians and political influence in both parties have all lined up consistently behind the Democrats! Trump and most of the other Republicans running for office were all but abandoned by the corporate donors they depend on......except for the dying oil and  gas industries. Big Oil was the only major corporate sector still standing behind Republicans!  But, the now 'cancelled' Thomas Frank's main concern to watch for are signs that the monied interests running everything are all lined up behind one party. If America didn't look like much of a democracy when only two parties were effectively allowed to compete, what will it be like as a one party state?

As for Joe, I'm not surprised that one of his first job orders was to cancel the Keystone XL Pipeline that was supposed to transfer Dilbit down to Louisiana refineries. Right now, the braintrusts running the FAANGS and their investors think that windmills and solar panels are going to fill the space that carbon fuels have been doing since the start of the Industrial Revolution...and do it without any carbon footprint. I better not open that one up on this thread too, but the unsupported belief that these products produce energy with no carbon footprint is the biggest modern delusion of them all!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Right To Left said:

Scanning some of the news blurbs a little while back, I came across that CNN video you posted of their take on the Portland protests, and reading through the transcript, what jumped out at me is that CNN makes it ALL about RACE! As if Covid job losses, lockdowns, poverty, increasing homelessness etc. isn't part of the increasing radicalization that they find so inexplicable in Portland or Seattle and other dot.com bubble clusters that were supposed to lead the way to a bright new techno-driven future and solve all of our earthly problems....including climate change.

So, when things go wrong, it seems like CNN and the shitlib journalists/narrative spinners they send out into the field very rarely, are tasked with making conflicts all about race, gender, new trans issues that maybe a room-full of people actually have to deal with, instead of mentioning the growing economic divide. And when MSM does let someone talk about debt and income inequality that's now couched as specifically race-bound, they are very careful never to mention the causes....just the symptoms! Nobody at the Times or CNN wants to tell their readers and viewers that these damn tech monopolies have even dislodged the major banks as the prime cause of concentration of wealth at the top.

A couple of days ago, I heard Thomas Frank (used to be called upon all the time 10 years ago as an MSNBC pundit) mention that what he finds fascinating and disturbing about the 2020 Election is that the major corporations who had been buying politicians and political influence in both parties have all lined up consistently behind the Democrats! Trump and most of the other Republicans running for office were all but abandoned by the corporate donors they depend on......except for the dying oil and  gas industries. Big Oil was the only major corporate sector still standing behind Republicans!  But, the now 'cancelled' Thomas Frank's main concern to watch for are signs that the monied interests running everything are all lined up behind one party. If America didn't look like much of a democracy when only two parties were effectively allowed to compete, what will it be like as a one party state?

As for Joe, I'm not surprised that one of his first job orders was to cancel the Keystone XL Pipeline that was supposed to transfer Dilbit down to Louisiana refineries. Right now, the braintrusts running the FAANGS and their investors think that windmills and solar panels are going to fill the space that carbon fuels have been doing since the start of the Industrial Revolution...and do it without any carbon footprint. I better not open that one up on this thread too, but the unsupported belief that these products produce energy with no carbon footprint is the biggest modern delusion of them all!

The whole race-baiting & Nazi/Commie thing is the most disturbing. It's a form of dehumanization...easier to hate the enemy stuff. Both sides are guilty...however the MSM & Social Media are doing it on behalf of the political left making it very pervasive. The left don't mind if you're called a Nazi...but dislike being compared to Nazis themselves...heaven forbid. Being...you know...ANTIFASCISTS...heh. What did Churchill* say about the next Nazis? Is that glass breaking??

:D 

Globalists...we're surprised that sie wollen die Welt übernehmen. Pardon...they want to take over the world.

* Or Huey Long or whomever...

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Thanks 1