America Under pResident Biden

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Sapsucker sounds like he didn't. His reply sounded sarcastic to me.

"Never trust an englishnan"
- Albert OftenWrong

You're right, it was sarcastic.  It seemed pretty obvious to me.  No external philosophy required.

But hey, if you need inspiration...

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

You're right, it was sarcastic.  It seemed pretty obvious to me.  No external philosophy required.

But hey, if you need inspiration...

Rather fond of The Prince.

But then, I enjoyed Nietzsche, as well. No accounting for taste...pass that fish taco. 

• Like 2

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Rather fond of The Prince.

But then, I enjoyed Nietzsche, as well. No accounting for taste...pass that fish taco. 

The only thing I know about Philosophers is how much they drink.

That said, The Prince is on Gutenberg.  I'll give it a look.

15 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I went to the University of Woolloomooloo...required reading.

hqdefault.jpg

I listen to that occasionally.  Can you imagine them getting away with their reading of the rules today?

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

As Cleese notes, Monty Python only exists today as history. BBC nor any network would allow it today.

Yeah, like the Major on Fawlty Towers.  Offensive, but hilarious.

I wonder if other cultures have humour that would specifically offend me.  I'm sure they must.

But thread drift.  CA is lurking.

29 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, like the Major on Fawlty Towers.  Offensive, but hilarious.

I wonder if other cultures have humour that would specifically offend me.  I'm sure they must.

But thread drift.  CA is lurking.

Adore the Major...he's just like Joe Biden.

"...those are wogs!"

8 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Lyin' Biden, strikes early and strikes hard:

News flash. Having a plan doesn't mean the plan will eliminate the problem immediately. Plans usually take time to roll out, to hire people and put them into their roles, to get staff, to open offices, to make arrangements across governments. You can't open hospitals in a day or produce more vaccine in a week.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

The creepy thing is that Joe doesn't understand social media...so one of the 'Biden team' tweets for him.

You think understanding social media is a major qualification for leadership?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Today...? Are you kidding?

It's one of those things that would be nice to know but not really high on the list. I mean, understanding how government works would be higher. So would understanding the constitution, and how laws are made, what countries are your enemies and which are your friends, how economies work, how trade works, the legal limitations of your job and power, the importance of knowing and understanding national security information...

How to read.

So, it's good that the Americans now have a president who understands all that. Because it was obvious the last one didn't.

Even if he understood social media.

Just now, Argus said:

It's one of those things that would be nice to know but not really high on the list. I mean, understanding how government works would be higher. So would understanding the constitution, and how laws are made, what countries are your enemies and which are your friends, how economies work, how trade works, the legal limitations of your job and power, the importance of knowing and understanding national security information...

How to read.

So, it's good that the Americans now have a president who understands all that. Because it was obvious the last one didn't.

Even if he understood social media.

Oh yeah...we want it so my daughter can outsmart the President on social media...

14 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Today...? Are you kidding?

Trump understood this. He didn't know how to effectively use it to his advantage . . . . his responses were usually emotion based, reactionary, and far too many.  This, combined with his personal image (needing a haircut, frequently frowning, etc.) worked against him.  A well spoken presentable President would be foolish not to learn what's acceptable to the voting public.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

Trump understood this. He didn't know how to effectively use it to his advantage . . . . his responses were usually emotion based, reactionary, and far too many.  This, combined with his personal image (needing a haircut, frequently frowning, etc.) worked against him.  A well spoken presentable President would be foolish not to learn what's acceptable to the voting public.

Agreement, Nef...

Trump knew how to push folk's buttons. Trouble is like you say...it was ALL THE TIME.

But he at least knows to salute his Marines.

:D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Oh yeah...we want it so my daughter can outsmart the President on social media...

Better that then the Russian and Chinese and Turkish presidents outsmarting him in real life.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Better that then the Russian and Chinese and Turkish presidents outsmarting him in real life.

Uh...no. Putin knows social media well enough. Xi...less so...but he has multitudes to do ALL his dirty work. The Mullahs seem able to stir-up a lot of trouble on it, as well.

You advocate ignorance...

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Uh...no. Putin knows social media well enough. Xi...less so...but he has multitudes to do ALL his dirty work. The Mullahs seem able to stir-up a lot of trouble on it, as well.

I said in real life. You remember real life, don't you, dog?

You advocate ignorance...

If that were true I'd be a fanatical supporter of Donald Trump.

Just now, Argus said:

I said in real life. You remember real life, don't you, dog?

If that were true I'd be a fanatical supporter of Donald Trump.

Gramps...ifn' it ain't from my century it ain't worth a durn. 

:lol:

The new trucks have cool back-up cams & all sorts of social media gadgets built-in....you should check them out.

Gramps...ifn' it ain't from my century it ain't worth a durn. 

:lol:

The new trucks have cool back-up cams & all sorts of social media gadgets built-in....you should check them out.

I love my backup camera (though I wish it had a cover). I love my HUD as well, not to mention my heated seats and steering wheel!

Edited by Argus

Petros, you make a lot of claims about other people or organizations to conclude nobody should be allowed to consider them.

And the only source you give is a site that supposedly ``fact checks`` bias and I find kind of biased.

So tell me then what makes you such an authority? Why are we to consider your opinion so superior to say Tucker Carlson. He at least double-checks his sources and for that matter has some.

Edited by Infidel Dog