Hard to Watch the Remembrance Day Ceremonies with The Scumbag There.

Never in Canada's history has a person so widely hated by members of the armed forces ever held such a high position at the Remembrance Day ceremonies.

I served in the military but just during the Cold 'War', so I'm no veteran, but I have more than a few friends who did and there's not a man among them that doesn't hate Trudeau with the same passion that I do.

I've been a civilian for 30 years now so it's not like I'm new to this, but after being in the military and signing up to protect the country with your life, nothing is more galling than to see such an anti-Canadian treating this country like his piss-pot and destroying our democracy.

Also, on this Remembrance Day the people who piss and moan about the supposed 'white privilege' should take a second to note that 99% of the people who died fighting for Canada, and peacekeeping, were 'white males'. No other group even bears the expectation to actually serve in the military. The special interest groups who want to act like they are owed more than everyone else make up less than 1% of our war dead. People should be happy to have the privileges of freedom, freedom of religion, freedom to participate in our democracy, etc.

The people who are attacking our police and our entire country over the notion of some bullshit systemic racism can go to hell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

The people who are attacking our police and our entire country over the notion of some bullshit systemic racism can go to hell. 

Your post is full of hate. You clearly have no respect for democracy when you insult so openly the elected Prime Minister of this great country.

Those saints who fought in Europe and Afghanistan  against fascism of different kind and sacrificed their lives for the democracy we enjoy now  are turning in their graves when they see so much hate. Maybe it would be best if all haters go to hell and make the world better for rest of us?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

It was hard for me to watch the ceremony because what I assume was the 21 gun salute (by loud unannounced artillery fire) continually startled the people who were speaking at the event, and startled me watching from home.  This doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that I'm sure there are many veterans both at the ceremony and watching at home who have PTSD and would be far more bothered by it.  I don't think the 21 gun salute is an appropriate way to honour veterans, at least the ones who have seen action.

25 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Your post is full of hate. You clearly have no respect for democracy when you insult so openly the elected Prime Minister of this great country.

Those saints who fought in Europe and Afghanistan  against fascism of different kind and sacrificed their lives for the democracy we enjoy now  are turning in their graves when they see so much hate. 

Grab yourself an emotional support llama C-15. I have plenty of good reasons to hate Justin Trudeau, and the people who are turning over in their graves are doing it because democracy is disappearing.

Our government is brazenly taking ownership of the MSM here and they're continually exercising more and more control over social media. 

This may sound awesome to you because you are infatuated with Trudeau, but you're a mirror image of the people who blindly followed others like Stalin and Hitler who also took great care in silencing their opposition.

Trudeau has hollowed out our judicial system by using it for the benefit of his criminal friends, and by covering up his own serious ethics breaches. Our media has his back every step of the way. It's disgusting.

Maybe it would be best if all haters go to hell and make the world better for rest of us?

Pack some ice cubes buddy. It will make your first 20 seconds bearable.

24 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It was hard for me to watch the ceremony because what I assume was the 21 gun salute (by loud unannounced artillery fire) continually startled the people who were speaking at the event, and startled me watching from home.  This doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that I'm sure there are many veterans both at the ceremony and watching at home who have PTSD and would be far more bothered by it.  I don't think the 21 gun salute is an appropriate way to honour veterans, at least the ones who have seen action.

I can't speak for every veteran, I only have close relationships with veterans of Afghanistan and mostly Yugo. 

The things that I know set them off are mostly 1) talking/hearing about it, 2) seeing kids cry and 3) disinformation.

You might think that #3 is a small thing, but people who lived over there and know what things are like really don't like hearing the politically correct version of what things are supposedly like. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Those saints who fought in Europe and Afghanistan  against fascism of different kind and sacrificed their lives for the democracy we enjoy now  are turning in their graves when they see so much hate. Maybe it would be best if all haters go to hell and make the world better for rest of us?

Is it hate or disgust your picking up on  ? what I see is frustration with a mix of both hate and disgust... one felt but thousands upon thousand of vets and currently serving members... All of these soldiers have picked up the torch handed to us by vets before us, and with out hesitation they have sacrificed, marriages, friends, family, watching kids being born and then growing up, and trust me it's not for the money... It starts out for love of country and soon becomes for the soldier on the left and on the right of you...even today i would do anything for those people day or night, would I pick up a weapon for my nation i'd have to think about that... My nation has let me down to many times, and not just me like i said thousands upon thousands... I don't think any vets would be turning in their graves, i think they would be looking at Canadian citizens to stand up for it's soldiers, not just on Nov 11 , but everyday..

Don't get me wrong i am very appreciative of everyone that comes out and honors our fallen comrades. 

I find it a little ironic that most Canadians take great interest in honoring our military one day a year, but  come tommorrow those same vets will be in our courts fighting for medical benefits, and the same rights most Canadians already have... troops will be prying to the war gods, that one day our government will purchase equipment made in the last 20 years, so on Nov 11 we don't have so many vets deaths to honor.. I hope i live to see the day when Canadians have our militaries back, as much as they have yours.. This is not directed at one political party but all of them... stand up for our brothers and sisters.

This years silver cross mother, son was killed bringing a 2 and hand British sub back to Canada because we cheap out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It does bring back a flood of memories some good most bad, but it is a military tradition and a great honor to have a 21 gun salute, one normally reserved for the Queen or high ranking government offical.

5 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

This is not directed at one political party but all of them... stand up for our brothers and sisters.

Even the Conservatives spent a lot of money on foreign countries while not improving the situation for our vets at all. It was very disappointing.

In the States Trump did a good job of cutting the red tape for vets, getting them quicker access to help from outside of the veterans' affairs umbrella. Helped them to dodge the wait lines (the easiest way to 'give medical benefits' without actually giving medical benefits is just to have wait lines and bureaucracy).

• Like 1

I don't think a Nov. 11 Remembrance Day ceremony is an appropriate time to hate on the PM.  He isn't enacting any partisan policy during that ceremony, he's only living up to his duty as PM to honour our veterans and the fallen for their sacrifices as a representative of the government and all Canadians.  As such, I think this thread is in poor taste.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I don't think a Nov. 11 Remembrance Day ceremony is an appropriate time to hate on the PM.  He isn't enacting any partisan policy during that ceremony, he's only living up to his duty as PM to honour our veterans and the fallen for their sacrifices as a representative of the government and all Canadians.  As such, I think this thread is in poor taste.

Very well said. Bravo.

What is in bad taste is the Liberal party and the Trudeau family in particular making ANY sort of representation of "respect" for the armed forces put in place to protect our freedoms and values they so resolutely attempt to destroy.  I do agree, though, that he is appearing as a representative of the state and the people for whom he has no respect whatsoever, but we could give it a rest for one day.  Which, of course, is why I responded today, not yesterday.

22 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Lets be clear, Nov 11 is a day we as a nation honor and pay respect to our nations military and our vets for the sacrifice they have made for this great nation of ours.... In no way is it related to the PM / Government or it's citizens... Nov 11 is just another day for the PM and as a public official is open to ridicule or  praise. Nov 11 the PM is expected to attend this event, for him it is just another event.

Like i have said before I, as a soldier find it IRONIC that most Canadians will do just that honor and pay respect to our soldiers and vets on one day a year Nov 11....., but on Nov 12 and the rest of the year they are content to read in the media how our vets struggle to get benefits that you and every Canadian already has, vets and soldiers have taken this  to the highest courts in the land ( out of their own pockets) and are still waiting for answers, still waiting for the right to be compensated for physical and mental injuries received while in the service of this nation... I find it IRONIC that soldiers have to beg for new equipment that saves lives.... I find it IRONIC that when enough soldiers have DIED, some of that equipment will be purchased... I find it IRONIC that we have lost more soldiers to suicide than we have in combat and we continue to lose soldiers.  

We as a nation have proved millions of times  that when it's citizens want change , it does not take long for change to be enacted... From my perspective it is like soldiers do not rate anything other than what they have received. Soldiers do not have access to workman's compts , nor unemployment, and must wait 6 months to be eligible for provincial health care, they wait years for a family doctor..

Once DND is deemed you infit for service, on your release date you are on your own in most cases, services are getting better, for mental health we now have access to OSI clinics, for DND and RCMP, but if your problem is a physical one your in limbo...  and the OSI clinics are full to capacity, wait times between appointments are sometimes measured in months.  

We are asking for more than Justin can give right now, and out of all the billions he has spent, veteran affairs received 20 million to be used to fix up legion halls so we can drown our sorrows...

As a veteran myself , i don't really care if the PM or his side kicks attend the national ceremony or not... and i am not alone. This nation needs to reflect on how we treat our vets the other 364 days of the year. One of Justins promises was to fix all of this... 5 years later nothing.. and 5 years from now i don't really expect any changes. If Justin wants to see respect he needs to earn it...

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 3:17 PM, WestCanMan said:

I served in the military but just during the Cold 'War', so I'm no veteran, but I have more than a few friends who did and there's not a man among them that doesn't hate Trudeau with the same passion that I do.

Hate ?  Why 'hate' ?  I don't think I have ever 'hated' a person I didn't know, let alone a PM.  Really ?  You 'hate' him ?

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hate ?  Why 'hate' ?  I don't think I have ever 'hated' a person I didn't know, let alone a PM.  Really ?  You 'hate' him ?

No, I really hate him.

He's killing the energy sector in Alberta while he is racking up monumental debt, and was also protecting jobs in Mtl by creating new laws for them and then shoving them down the AG's throat. Then he fired the her for standing up to him. Then his bought-and-paid-for media hides the fact that SNC has a court-documented history of bribing CANADIAN politicians. 

He constantly denigrates Canadians, saying that we are all racist, we enjoy 'white privilege', or that we're participating in a genocide against female natives, etc. 

For an example, the little bitch jumps on board with a thing like the hijab hoax, called all Canadians racist because of something that a 12 yr old girl said, then when she was caught lying he doubled-down on his anti-Canadian comments.

Then there's his constant stream of attacks on the dastardly Duffygate 'scandal' (a $90K non-scandal), his constant ethics breaches and the cover-ups (too many to mention here), his payout to the CBC for their favourable coverage, his buyout of other 'select' media outlets with another $600M of our money, the way he intentionally spread covid across our country by allowing flights to keep coming in from China, not quarantining passengers and telling Canadians not to wear masks, etc.

For leftists the anti-fight against C-19 might not seem like a big deal because apparently they were all too stupid to know what they should do to avoid a viral outbreak, but those of us who know that not letting infected people waltz around the country was a bad idea, Trudeau's handling of covid was an unacceptable failure.

He literally fails us in every regard, all the time, and then he comes out the next day and talks down to us all again.

I don't just hate him, I really hate him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

No, I really hate him.

He's killing the energy sector in Alberta while he is racking up monumental debt, and was also protecting jobs in Mtl by creating new laws for them and then shoving them down the AG's throat. Then he fired the her for standing up to him. Then his bought-and-paid-for media hides the fact that SNC has a court-documented history of bribing CANADIAN politicians. 

He constantly denigrates Canadians, saying that we are all racist, we enjoy 'white privilege', or that we're participating in a genocide against female natives, etc. 

For an example, the little bitch jumps on board with a thing like the hijab hoax, called all Canadians racist because of something that a 12 yr old girl said, then when she was caught lying he doubled-down on his anti-Canadian comments.

Then there's his constant stream of attacks on the dastardly Duffygate 'scandal' (a $90K non-scandal), his constant ethics breaches and the cover-ups (too many to mention here), his payout to the CBC for their favourable coverage, his buyout of other 'select' media outlets with another $600M of our money, the way he intentionally spread covid across our country by allowing flights to keep coming in from China, not quarantining passengers and telling Canadians not to wear masks, etc.

For leftists the anti-fight against C-19 might not seem like a big deal because apparently they were all too stupid to know what they should do to avoid a viral outbreak, but those of us who know that not letting infected people waltz around the country was a bad idea, Trudeau's handling of covid was an unacceptable failure.

He literally fails us in every regard, all the time, and then he comes out the next day and talks down to us all again.

I don't just hate him, I really hate him. 

Most of this stuff is just in your head.
I have never heard him say we're all racist - that's a thing his enemies say he says.
He bought a pipeline to save energy jobs in Alberta.
The scandals are always worse for the Liberals, and they make hay when others do a little thing.

But that's politics.

You think leftists are stupid.  I don't think any political mindset is dumber than any other.  There are idiots and geniuses in every single subgroup, that way.

I'm sorry you have such hate in your heart, I really am.  Peace.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Most of this stuff is just in your head.
I have never heard him say we're all racist - that's a thing his enemies say he says.

What do you think it means when he lectured us about the fact that we're too intolerant towards muslims, both before and after the hijab hoax was exposed?

You don't remember him taking a knee to protest how racist our police are towards black people?

Or how he said that Canadians were committing genocide against 1st Nations women?  

He bought a pipeline to save energy jobs in Alberta.

He killed about $130 Billion in investment in Alberta. He didn't do sweet FA by buying a pipeline.

The scandals are always worse for the Liberals, and they make hay when others do a little thing.

His scandals are epic and disqualifying and the media that he bought with our taxpayer money are protecting him. 

You think leftists are stupid.  I don't think any political mindset is dumber than any other.  There are idiots and geniuses in every single subgroup, that way.

No, I know for a fact that they're stupid. The whole C19 saga has proved that over and over. Anyone who thought that "don't wear masks and let the virus pour in unchecked" was a good idea actually IS an idiot, period. There's no room to manoeuvre on that one. 

I'm sorry you have such hate in your heart, I really am.  Peace.

Thank you for the kind sentiment. It's not fun feeling like this about someone, but I have never seen any indiction that my feelings are unwarranted.

The only thing that Trudeau has ever done since the second that he was elected is vindicate my harsh feelings towards him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Westcan, I get all your sentiments, I'm just saying the timing is not good.  You can say the same thing on Nov 10 or Nov 12.  There's a time and place for everything.

Veteran and defence issues are at the bottom of Trudeau's priorities for this country clearly.  If you actually read the budgets this gov will dedicates 70 pages to gender (feminist) issues and 3 pages to veteran support issues.  I mean literally the last budget I read it was 3 pages.  People risk their lives for this country and then live the rest of their lives with mental and physical injuries, we can give them more than 3 pages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I mean literally the last budget I read it was 3 pages.  

I'm not brushing off the rest of the content of your post, it was worthy of comment but I just clicked like on it.

I just needed to comment on the fact that I'm blown away that anyone would actually read the whole budget.

Did you like, read it read it, or skim it? 

IS THERE ANYTHING IN THERE ABOUT INTERNMENT CAMPS!!!!!!!! Lol, j/k. ignore that last part. 

20 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm not brushing off the rest of the content of your post, it was worthy of comment but I just clicked like on it.

I just needed to comment on the fact that I'm blown away that anyone would actually read the whole budget.

Did you like, read it read it, or skim it? 

IS THERE ANYTHING IN THERE ABOUT INTERNMENT CAMPS!!!!!!!! Lol, j/k. ignore that last part. 

I definitely did not read the budget, I just skimmed it.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, WestCanMan said:

Also, on this Remembrance Day the people who piss and moan about the supposed 'white privilege' should take a second to note that 99% of the people who died fighting for Canada, and peacekeeping, were 'white males'.

First off, I do not hate Justin Trudeau; I may not know much about him, but I doubt he is entirely in the driver's seat and free to do as he pleases.

Who waged war on Canada?  Please remind me , the guy who was never strong in history.  Going on missions thousands of kilometers away from our borders is hardly defense.  It might actually be viewed as aggression.  If you ask me, those who die in Afghanistan probably have zero idea what they die for.  My guess??? To aid USA in establishing zones of control near Russia as well as laying hands on natural resources.

Then you jump into the issue of systemic racism.  Yes this is an issue and a valid one, no matter what you think.   The problem is those whites who settled here, did that on lands that technically belonged to a different race, they tried to wipe those people out.  Then they brought their slaves with them from Africa to mess things up more and finally slyly promoted the concept of multiculturalism to bring other slaves from other races who came here on their own accord being lured into their scheme.  The mess is now final and complete - no nation, no race, no equality no common language or religion.  Almost makes you wonder what is still keeping us in place - must be the bank and police.

9 hours ago, cougar said:

Who waged war on Canada?  Please remind me , the guy who was never strong in history.  Going on missions thousands of kilometers away from our borders is hardly defense.  It might actually be viewed as aggression.  If you ask me, those who die in Afghanistan probably have zero idea what they die for.  My guess??? To aid USA in establishing zones of control near Russia as well as laying hands on natural resources.

United states, France , natives loyal to France, the Boars of South Africa, Germany,  Nazi Germany, Imperialist Japan, Italy, north Korea, Taliban forces and over 50 known terrorist groups or factions.  others include ,Syria shoot down a plane full of Canadian peace keepers , Serb military engaged a full company of PPCLI in former Yugoslavia with tanks and IFVs, Turkish forces engaged Canadian paratroops during para operations on the island of Cyprus,  police and Army forces  traitors from Afghanistan. 

Your guess would be wrong, every Canadian soldier that served in Afghanistan did so voluntarily, they wanted to be there to assist in destroying the murderous Taliban government of Afghanistan , to rid the country as many terrorist as we could , to give Afghanistan back to the people of Afghanistan. Maybe you should pick up a history book there is no US zone of control near the Russian border, and there was no oil, no oil pipe lines or other natural resources taken or used by coalition forces.. 

Edited by Army Guy