New vaccine for Covid.19

kactus

You will have to bear with my sarcasm. UK being the first country that trying the vaccine on their population. So far so good...But then comes this:

Great news!

The UK government has granted pharmaceutical giant Pfizer a legal indemnity (including civil immunity) protecting it from being sued, as a result of any problems with the coronavirus vaccine.
Pfizer’s UK managing director refused to explain why the company needed an indemnity, saying: “We're not actually disclosing any of the details around any of the aspects of that agreement and specifically around the liability clauses."

Now that doesn't give me much confidence in the safety of the vaccine! Especially when we know it isn't compulsory to have the vaccine but it becomes known that unless the vaccine is tested on a large portion of the population we won't know if the vaccine is working. Reading this article doesn't instil much confidence to have the vaccination.

Thoughts?
Edited by kactus

It is not extraordinary to seek immunity for pharmaceutical companies especially in this case that billions will be vaccinated and in very rare cases (which out of billions could be hundreds of thousands of cases) when someone comes down with a disease years down the road they may blame the vaccine and try to sue the company.

I for one as soon as it is my turn (essential workers and elderly must be first) I will be the very first on the lineup to get the vaccine. Covid-19 is no fun to have with likely long term consequences even for younger people.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 12/4/2020 at 4:00 AM, kactus said:

You will have to bear with my sarcasm. UK being the first country that trying the vaccine on their population. So far so good...But then comes this:

Great news!

Now that doesn't give me much confidence in the safety of the vaccine! Especially when we know it isn't compulsory to have the vaccine but it becomes known that unless the vaccine is tested on a large portion of the population we won't know if the vaccine is working. Reading this article doesn't instil much confidence to have the vaccination.

Thoughts?

There is no way one can have much confidence in the safety of any vaccines. I have heard that there may be some real nasty side effects from taking some Covid 19 vaccine. The question to be asked is why would there be any side effects anyway? Isn't the vaccine supposed to be safe for all to use and protect ones self from the China virus? And I would sure like to see and know as to what ingredients are in any vaccine being produced for mass consumption. If anyone does decide to take the shot then they just may be making things worse for themselves. The vaccine may be worse than the virus itself. I just hope that they do not try to make it mandatory.

But then again our dear leaders do not have to make it mandatory. Quantas Airlines has already said that no vaccine shot, no fly on our planes. That is the start of one business pretty much telling us all that we had better take the shot or else you will not be able to use our services. There is nothing to think about here. This is the brainwashing of we the people to take the vaccine shot or else. It's your call. ;)

• 2 months later...

The West should learn from Israel!!

Israelis did it again. Doing it the best way that the West failed to do (no I am not talking about them outnumbered 500 to 1 and still heavily defeating Arabs in 1967 or their successful raid on Entebbe freeing their hostages). That is vaccinating the highest proportion of their population in a short time and providing real time statistics on its effectiveness too.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/covid-19-infections-dropped-95-8-per-cent-after-both-pfizer-shots-israeli-health-ministry-1.5317432

The Pfizer vaccine has been enormously effective on Israelis and that is great news for everyone. It has been also 98.9% effective in preventing hospitalization or death They are also on their way to find a cure for covid.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-israeli-drug-cured-moderate-to-serious-covid-cases-within-days-hospital/

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 12/7/2020 at 11:32 AM, taxme said:

There is no way one can have much confidence in the safety of any vaccines. I have heard that there may be some real nasty side effects from taking some Covid 19 vaccine. The question to be asked is why would there be any side effects anyway? Isn't the vaccine supposed to be safe for all to use and protect ones self from the China virus? And I would sure like to see and know as to what ingredients are in any vaccine being produced for mass consumption. If anyone does decide to take the shot then they just may be making things worse for themselves. The vaccine may be worse than the virus itself. I just hope that they do not try to make it mandatory.

But then again our dear leaders do not have to make it mandatory. Quantas Airlines has already said that no vaccine shot, no fly on our planes. That is the start of one business pretty much telling us all that we had better take the shot or else you will not be able to use our services. There is nothing to think about here. This is the brainwashing of we the people to take the vaccine shot or else. It's your call. ;)

Heard from where? Severe reactions have been very rare, some reaction is a good thing because it means your body is producing the antibodies that fight the virus. Getting no reaction at all to a vaccine isn't a particularly good thing.

There will be consequences to not being immunized. One you can pretty much count on is not being able to travel to other countries.

Edited by Aristides

19 hours ago, Aristides said:

Heard from where? Severe reactions have been very rare, some reaction is a good thing because it means your body is producing the antibodies that fight the virus. Getting no reaction at all to a vaccine isn't a particularly good thing.

There will be consequences to not being immunized. One you can pretty much count on is not being able to travel to other countries.

Welcome to the new normal communist globalist world. It's not about a virus anymore. It's all about trying to get the whole wide world to be vaccinated. It's all bull chit but sadly there are still way too many people like you who believe that being vaccinated will set you free. You will never be free. You will always become a vaccinated slave every year. There has been many terrible consequences for some people who have allowed themselves to be vaccinated. Many have suffered serious harm to themselves and some people have even died.

If anyone has an allergy those people could very well die from taking this Covid vaccine. Many people think that this is just one of your average vaccines but it is not. This Covid vaccine is an experimental vaccine with something in the vaccine called mRNA. The long term effects of this mRNA will not be known for some time down the road for anyone who takes the Covid vaccine. It is said that it could effect ones DNA and may make some women sterile. 

Anyway, fear is the greatest weapon to try to keep people in line. With fear your dear communist globalist politicians can use fear to be able to convince anyone that they need to abandon their freedoms in exchange for safety. No thanks. I will keep my freedoms and to hell with safety. Safety is just another way for politicians to try and convince the fools out there that safety is way more better than freedom. Sure. ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I guess the vaccine isn't coming and even if it does, may not be any good anymore. And now with the new variant coming Canada is on its knees before the virus. Thanks to all those who re-elected Old PM Blackface.

The wise and venerable Dr. Tam (is she an actual medical doctor?) has shown what the choices are before us. Either we clamp down hard, much harder than up till now, or the shadow of death shall fall upon this land. Her new graph foretells a grim future.

0219covidgraph.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

The yellow and grey lines that are rocketing off the chart are you and me going to meet our maker.

Health officials can't explain Dr. Tam's 'rocket ship' modelling

The current health measures are insufficient. The only hope for us all is to further enforce and strictly adhere to enhanced, combined public health measures and individual precautions.

And since we aint gettin no vaccine for a long long while , you people ain't seen nothin yet.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:38 PM, OftenWrong said:

I guess the vaccine isn't coming and even if it does, may not be any good anymore. And now with the new variant coming Canada is on its knees before the virus. Thanks to all those who re-elected Old PM Blackface.

The wise and venerable Dr. Tam (is she an actual medical doctor?) has shown what the choices are before us. Either we clamp down hard, much harder than up till now, or the shadow of death shall fall upon this land. Her new graph foretells a grim future.

They (The advisory and decision making bodies, the public health among them) at all levels of governments have screwed up so much making wrong decisions. and misinformation that I personally don't trust anything that they say. 

First they were too damn late to take quick and decisive actions at the borders so the virus entered Canada by travelers mainly from China, Iran and US and then claimed initially masks are not effective or necessary till virus spread and established itself in Canada (later they changed their advice but that was too late) and then the Federal government screwed up terms of negotiations with vaccine manufacturing companies (they should have put early delivery in the contracts) so that several months after vaccine availability less than 5% are vaccinated (Canada is behind any other western country).

Now Ontario has decided on two dose policy (one dose is proven to provide very high efficacy) and hence even the elderly if happen to live under conservative controlled Ontario of Doug Ford has to wait SEVERAL MONTHS to get their first shot even and till then God knows how many will die who otherwise may not have to and to add to misery they now approved a vaccine only 62% effective and again the same people who advised wrongfully or misinformed us at the beginning and during the pandemic (a few examples of those mentioned above) are now trying to justify forcing AstraZeneca into our arms by another round of misinformation and don't wish to give a choice to the nation on which vaccine to have.

This is what happens when incompetent people are elected or promoted to governing bodies. Sad.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

20 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

They (The advisory and decision making bodies, the public health among them) at all levels of governments have screwed up so much making wrong decisions. and misinformation that I personally don't trust anything that they say. 

First they were too damn late to take quick and decisive actions at the borders so the virus entered Canada by travelers mainly from China, Iran and US and then claimed initially masks are not effective or necessary till virus spread and established itself in Canada (later they changed their advice but that was too late) and then the Federal government screwed up terms of negotiations with vaccine manufacturing companies (they should have put early delivery in the contracts) so that several months after vaccine availability less than 5% are vaccinated (Canada is behind any other western country).

Now Ontario has decided on two dose policy (one dose is proven to provide very high efficacy) and hence even the elderly if happen to live under conservative controlled Ontario of Doug Ford has to wait SEVERAL MONTHS to get their first shot even and till then God knows how many will die who otherwise may not have to and to add to misery they now approved a vaccine only 62% effective and again the same people who advised wrongfully or misinformed us at the beginning and during the pandemic (a few examples of those mentioned above) are now trying to justify forcing AstraZeneca into our arms by another round of misinformation and don't wish to give a choice to the nation on which vaccine to have.

This is what happens when incompetent people are elected or promoted to governing bodies. Sad.

The Astra Zeneca phase 3 trials indicated 62% effectiveness at preventing symptoms but has been better in real world use. Real world experience is showing it is 94% effective in preventing hospitalizations and 100% effective in preventing deaths including the B117 variant. The South African variant seems to be its Achilles heel but all of the vaccines have reduced effectiveness against that variant.

It could turn out to be the most common vaccine world wide because it is inexpensive to produce and much easier to transport and store. 

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

The Astra Zeneca phase 3 trials indicated 62% effectiveness at preventing symptoms but has been better in real world use. Real world experience is showing it is 94% effective in preventing hospitalizations and 100% effective in preventing deaths including the B117 variant. The South African variant seems to be its Achilles heel but all of the vaccines have reduced effectiveness against that variant.

It could turn out to be the most common vaccine world wide because it is inexpensive to produce and much easier to transport and store. 

Yes that us what the health authorities say but as I said because of their past mistakes and misinformation (like not closing borders in time or their advice against wearing masks for first few months, .....etc.) I don't trust anything they say now.

23 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes that us what the health authorities say but as I said because of their past mistakes and misinformation (like not closing borders in time or their advice against wearing masks for first few months, .....etc.) I don't trust anything they say now.

23 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The medical data doesn't come from politicians. It comes from medical professionals and scientists who are learning more about this virus and the effectiveness of vaccines on a daily basis. Not learning a damn thing since last March isn't a strategy for success.

43 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The medical data doesn't come from politicians. It comes from medical professionals and scientists who are learning more about this virus and the effectiveness of vaccines on a daily basis. Not learning a damn thing since last March isn't a strategy for success.

Yes and it was the medical professionals and scientists who advised the government late on border closures until virus entered the country and advised against wearing masks first few months of the pandemic until the virus was well established and  then took them months to approve vaccines which have been used massively in many western countries.  Yes I learned a lot since last March and that is not to trust anything these people have to say. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

32 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes and it was the medical professionals and scientists who advised the government late on border closures until virus entered the country and advised against wearing masks first few months of the pandemic until the virus was well established and  then took them months to approve vaccines which have been used massively in many western countries.  Yes I learned a lot since last March and that is not to trust anything these people have to say. 

So what's your plan other than trusting professionals? Facebook?

Sounds like you haven't learned anything to me.

Edited by Aristides

On 12/4/2020 at 4:00 AM, kactus said:

Great news!

Thoughts?

Well, you could wait another five or ten years until these companies do a few dozen more butt covering trials. Your choice.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

So what's your plan other than trusting professionals? Facebook?

Sounds like you haven't learned anything to me.

I have learned to trust myself not heath professionals. I posted here on this forum asking authorities to close borders immediately in early or mid February 2020 but of course they eventually did exact same thing months after the damn virus was well established here. I posted in April that everyone should be wearing masks and of course authorities then were advising against. I posted here a month ago as what on earth is taking Health Canada so long to approve AstraZeneca when it has been used massively elsewhere and eventually they did exact that a month later. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I have learned to trust myself not heath professionals. I posted here on this forum asking authorities to close borders immediately in early or mid February 2020 but of course they eventually did exact same thing months after the damn virus was well established here. I posted in April that everyone should be wearing masks and of course authorities then were advising against. I posted here a month ago as what on earth is taking Health Canada so long to approve AstraZeneca when it has been used massively elsewhere and eventually they did exact that a month later. 

Why do you think posting here would accomplish anything? Do you think the government takes direction from this forum?

BTW. Where did you get your medical degree?

Edited by Aristides

On 2/24/2021 at 5:38 PM, OftenWrong said:

0219covidgraph.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

The yellow and grey lines that are rocketing off the chart are you and me going to meet our maker.

Health officials can't explain Dr. Tam's 'rocket ship' modelling

The current health measures are insufficient. The only hope for us all is to further enforce and strictly adhere to enhanced, combined public health measures and individual precautions.

And since we aint gettin no vaccine for a long long while , you people ain't seen nothin yet.

Hey, if anyone wants my vaccine they can have it for free. There will be no need for me to take some vaccine puss and shove it in my arm. My immune system is working just fine. I take plenty of Vitamin C and D and Zinc. Great viruses protectors. I have never taken any vaccines in my life and I will never take any vaccines for the rest of my life. 

But don't get me wrong here. If one wants to take the jab then go ahead and make your day. Just do not try and force me to take the jab. It is said that once Canada gets 80% of it's citizen's vaccinated we are told that we can all get back to normal. Wink-wink. I personally do not think so. I believe that our dear comrade leaders like and enjoy their new found powers and control over we the sheeple, and I doubt that they want to give up those powers any time soon. 

Anyway, I plan on being one of the 20% that will not be taking any vaccine. And charts are for people who like to play with crayons. Lol. 

On 2/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Our dear leaders have always been incompetent. And you know what? It is because of people like yourself that no doubt keeps voting the same incompetent buffoons back in power after every election. Why people bother to vote is beyond me. I guess it is because they are nothing more than a bunch of no nothings about politics suckers. Oh, that politician over there said that he will add two dollars more to my government pension. I will vote for him.

Sadly, there are way too many people that will believe any politician and what they say today. Pretty much all politicians lie. It's a part of their political  job description. And they appear to not like to say or use the words yes or no. 

Personally, I could careless what happens with any vaccines. I plan on not taking any vaccines at all. All vaccines could disappear tomorrow and I could not give a dam. I have never taken any vaccines of any kinds all my long and old life and I am still alive today. Real men and women do not take vaccines. Only wimpy scared of my shadow people do. LOL. 

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Man, you must be living every day of your life in a constant state of fear and panic and paranoia over this china virus. Why do you appear to be so frightened of some not so dangerous virus? It's just another virus like the many other viruses that come around every year. And many of those viruses that have been coming around for centuries have all brought with them sickness and death. Tens of thousands of people have caught some kind of virus every year and tens of thousands of them have got sick and recovered and thousands will have died. This China virus is no different. It can make some people sick and make some people die. No big deal here. 

And just how would you know that this virus is as dangerous as your politicians and the media and those many so called health officials like to tell you that it is? There have been plenty of doctors and scientists that have said that this China virus is not as serious as any other virus. All we ever get from the media is a constant barrage of Covid cases that are racking up big numbers all the time. Yet we all have heard that many people supposedly died from Covid but in may cases many of those people did not die from Covid at all. Many of those numbers were apparently fabricated just to keep the stats up high for Covid. Hey, we never know, eh?

We the people have no way of knowing as to who is telling the truth and who is not. We are told that we must believe what we are being told by our politicians and the media without asking any questions or challenging anything they say about Covid. So, who do we believe? The doctors and scientists that you listen to or the doctors and scientists that I listen too? This is why I do not want to play this Covid virus game anymore. I am now suffering from Covid fatigue and I have had enough. I demand that this foolishness all come to an end and let me have my old normal life back. Works for me. ;)

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

No one wants to play the virus game anymore but the virus doesn't give a shit.

You won't get your normal life back again until a majority of people have been vaccinated. Rant all you want, it isn't going to happen.

And the majority of people won't be vaccinated any time soon unless (Ontario) politicians give up their stupidity and adopt the one dose policy proven to be almost as effective as two doses and deferring the second dose and hence vaccinate twice as many people or twice as fast.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015