New vaccine for Covid.19

kactus

14 minutes ago, Shady said:

Exactly.  Plus I think it's just a one dose vaccination, not the dual dose of Pfizer's.  Hopefully by early spring a significant portion of the population will be vaccinated.

Moderno is also a two-dose vaccine.  Canada hopes to have most Canadians vaccinated by the end of 2021.

32 minutes ago, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.  Pfizer signed on for part of Operation Warp Speed.  They recieved 2 billion dollars.  Stop the nonsense just because it's Trump.  You don't have to oppose every little thing just because you hate him.  Get a grip people.  Check your derangement syndrome already.  

So Germany's lying about providing money to Pfizer?  Even Pfizer says they didn't get money from the US; are they lying too?

"However, Pfizer’s head of vaccine research and development told the New York Times that they “were never part of the Warp Speed” and did not take taxpayer money for vaccine research."

Maybe you're the one who needs to check your TDS, instead of just believing every lie that falls out of Trump's mouth.

Operation Warp Speed did play a valuable role in the development of these vaccines, in particular the one from Moderna. The US government also gave a pledge of 2B to Pfizer to purchase the vaccine when ready. The funding initiative provided a backbone to spur the research.

CBC link
Why Trump's Operation Warp Speed is credited with helping race for COVID-19 vaccine

Politicizing information about the virus is one of the most foul things anyone can do.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Politicizing information about the virus is one of the most foul things anyone can do.

Pffft.  Politicing the seriousness of the virus and the efficacy of masks and shutdowns has resulted in 10s of thousands of deaths.  You have no high ground here.  Especially as giving credit where credit is due doesn't politicize anything; it just keeps Trump's lies in the forefront.

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I give facts substantiated by online information. The money provided by the US administration is needed, and other countries around the world will benefit.

Yes, the US will pay $2 Billion (iirc) for the developed vaccine.  That is not the same as providing money for its development.  

Good Lord...

It was Trump's Warp Speed thing that cut through all the red tape that would have normally put vaccine development on a long linear path. Instead, they did what they did with the Apollo program...develop and test all at the same time...normally a bit dangerous...but these are dangerous times...right? These are dangerous times.........

• Like 2

Next year this same time we'll be hearing news about the fifth wave approaching and new restrictions on the way but a promise of a vaccine coming up very soon.

This is a thing we will just have to learn to live with. 

Perhaps concerts and other mass-gatherings are a thing of the past. Fortunately for myself I couldn't care less for such things.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:47 PM, Cannucklehead said:

Thats what some people said about Spanish flu, polio, etc...

Next year this same time most people will not even remember covid.  

You're assuming we will get everyone vaccinated by then. Canada doesn't even have a start date for vaccinating people, or even for when we might get the vaccine. The  US and Mexico have announced they will start vaccinating in mid December. Canada's prime minister says sometime 'in the early months' of next year. That doesn't sound like January. Could be March or April or May.

I guess we see the blessings of Globalism then. Even Mexico can make the pharmaceuticals.

Here are the best promises we can believe in. Promises, mind you.

Canadian company says it could deliver five million doses of yet-to-be-tested vaccine by mid-2021

We might get some vaccine in about 7 months.

Some interesting points in the article, in the lower paragraphs. For those of us who are unable to go lower-

Canada already has invested in a vaccine-development partnership between China's CanSino Biologics and Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia but China has held up shipments it was supposed to send to Dalhousie researchers by the end of May to start human trials.

Canada-China relations are severely strained after the People's Republic imprisoned two Canadian men, Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor, in apparent retaliation for the RCMP's arrest of Chinese high-tech executive Meng Wanzhou on an American extradition warrant in December 2018.

"This should have been flagged as an obstacle when contemplating doing this program. We're not on the best of terms with the Chinese government,"

I wonder if the Liberals are contemplating what the reaction is going to be of Canadians in a month if they see videos of Americans, British, French, Germans, Mexicans, Australians, Brazilians, Indians etc. vaccinating their people and we're told to just wait a few more months until there's some to spare for us.

Oxford announced they have a new vaccine which can be stored in the fridge and at a much lower price than Pfizer. It is promising. Canada and Uk have signed a trade deal. Perhaps that may expedite the process for vaccination in Canada.

On another note, I cannot help but contemplate how on earth did the Covid drug by Pfizer got 95% accuracy claim just 2 days after the announcement of Moderna drug into the market? I recall both drugs were launched on Monday within a space of one week. On Wednesday Pfizer announced that the efficacy of their drug has increased from 90% to 95% to match the efficacy of Moderna drug!  

On 11/25/2020 at 7:59 AM, kactus said:

Oxford announced they have a new vaccine which can be stored in the fridge and at a much lower price than Pfizer. It is promising. Canada and Uk have signed a trade deal. Perhaps that may expedite the process for vaccination in Canada.

The news on the Oxford vaccine was initially highly encouraging but the peculiar divergence in immunity between two groups in the trial is causing considerable scepticism. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55086927

13 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The news on the Oxford vaccine was initially highly encouraging but the peculiar divergence in immunity between two groups in the trial is causing considerable scepticism. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55086927

In  regards to vaccine development and its approval, 50% efficacy would be good enough, nevertheless I am not convinced with this trial, they need to repeat it to prove the claim.

In a year's time we are going to be talking about how a fifth wave is on its way and we better start with restrictions again. But this time there really is going to be a vaccine soon.

This hope of a vaccine coming soon gives people strength to stand all the restrictions. If you told them this is what life is going to be like for the unforeseeable future the reaction could be nasty.  

On 11/28/2020 at 3:52 AM, kactus said:

In  regards to vaccine development and its approval, 50% efficacy would be good enough, nevertheless I am not convinced with this trial, they need to repeat it to prove the claim.

Well I hope you know some actual details of the vaccine trial, before you make a claim like this.

Not to get anyone's hopes down about the vaccine, but viruses do also mutate. It means even once we issue a vaccine, we will have to keep on our guard for the virus if it mutates, by continuing our testing and social distancing... maybe indefinitely.

AstraZeneca vaccine - fact or fiction?

I am not convinced about their claim of efficacy and hence anything else they say. If i have a choice i will go with other two vaccines.

Initially they said a halt dose followed by full doze a month later give 90% efficacy whereas two full doses will give 70%!!! How on earth this is possible, I asked myself. Then doing my research I found out that it appears they actually selected the first group (less than 3000 participants)  with so claimed 90% efficacy to be all under 55 years old (stronger immune response), whereas second group (over 8000 participants or 3 times more than first group), from all ages and two full doses had only 62% efficacy only so that they came up with this overall 70% efficacy claim (which by the way is the minimum efficacy required by WHO). Is there a data manipulation going on here? 

On 11/28/2020 at 8:52 AM, kactus said:

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Well I hope you know some actual details of the vaccine trial, before you make a claim like this.

It is not may claim...WHO said this:

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has defined the minimum efficacy threshold for acceptance of any COVID-19 vaccine as 50%, which could be determined against disease, severe disease and/or transmission of the virus.2 Published modelling data have demonstrated that vaccine efficacy at 60% could have a significant impact on the course of the pandemic, reducing disease severity and hospitalisation rates; 80% efficacy may be able to bring an end to the pandemic, meaning measures such as social distancing could be completely relaxed.3,4 These data consider uptake within a community and offer a target at which to aim when developing COVID-19 vaccines.

Full article:

https://www.astrazeneca.com/what-science-can-do/topics/disease-understanding/a-vaccination-program-to-meet-the-needs-of-a-global-pandemic.html

On 11/9/2020 at 5:45 AM, kactus said:

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

This is indeed a fantastic news! With 90% success rate on humans versus placebo it gives hope at the end of the tunnel.

All I would like to know is just what is in any vaccine that is being produced? An answer that no doctor is willing or can tell their patients when asked as to what is in the vaccine that they are about to stick a needle in someone's body. We are all supposed to take the jab and be happy about it. Now you are not going to die.

But according to some doctors and big pharma anyone who takes the jab may still end up with flu like symptoms. WTH? What the hell is in the vaccine that will give me flu like symptoms anyway? Good question to ask your doctor, eh? 

So, is the vaccine working or is it just another gimmick for big pharma and Bill gates to get to jab people in their arms with some kind of vaccine so the likes of Bill gates to hell and his billionaire deep state globalist buddies can make plenty of money off the buffoons that will take his vaccine? I will bet that everyone here that has taken some vaccine shot for whatever they never bother to ask their doctor as to what the hell is in the vaccine. Why, I don't know. I am just wondering about it all.

And why will no one be able to travel on an airplane or any other modes of transport if they do not take the shot? Why? It's very simple. It's all about Gates making hundreds of billions from his involvement with big pharma. And I can guarantee you that Billy Bob and his globalist buddies and even our own dear comrade leaders will never take his vaccine that he would like to be able to pump into everybody else's body out there. "Come on, man", woke up will you? How much longer are people going to continue to be and look stupid before they woke the hell up. Just wondering. ;)