The Lawsuits

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Ok @sharkmantime for you to become $100 poorer as you promised You can make the donation here under the name Sharkman-MLW or something like that  

https://ca.gofundme.com/f/9v4q2-justice-for-breonna-taylor?qid=d58b11b52f5c1b61f4a9c545a680fcee

Once you’re done please let me know so I can check it out!

Copy that, congrats on the win. I’ll do that later today when I get home from work.  I’ll message you when I’ve paid.

7 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Ok @sharkmantime for you to become $100 poorer as you promised You can make the donation here under the name Sharkman-MLW or something like that  

https://ca.gofundme.com/f/9v4q2-justice-for-breonna-taylor?qid=d58b11b52f5c1b61f4a9c545a680fcee

Once you’re done please let me know so I can check it out!

Update, I just made a donation to your gofundme for Breonna.  The wager was fun, right up until the end.  Thanks for being a good sport, and enjoy the next 4 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So did Parler. Weird hey?

Parler is back, paid for by Russians.  I think the online groups were too.  So... maybe a new strategy who knows.

I did see posts from people who thought General Flynn would be showing up to install Trump, or Qanon Generals would be showing up, or martial law....

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I did see posts from people who thought General Flynn would be showing up to install Trump, or Qanon Generals would be showing up, or martial law....

Parler isn't actually back yet. They say it might be back in full by the end of January. We'll have to wait and see whether or not Ayatollah Pelosi gives the green light.

I know 2 guys and 1 couple that are going deep into the internet abyss.

Talking about crap like adrenalchrome, 40K Chinese troops inside the Canadian border, trackers inside of the vaccine, a military coup that was supposed to take place in DC.... It's really batshit crazy stuff.

It's sad, but this is what happens when the media is so blatantly dishonest that people are forced to get their info from the web. Not everyone who is smart enough to avoid the CBC is smart enough to avoid all of the disinformation on the internet.

31 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well that may be.  I don't think Joe Biden is set up for success, nor does he likely have the skills to succeed.  Oh well.

I'll honestly hope for the best. I'm not going to be like the Dem women who wore white to the State of the Union Address and then pouted the whole time. 

I really don't think that the Dems have great plans for America though. 

• 2 months later...

Sidney Powell thinks all the Trump supporters in this thread are unreasonable. 

https://theweek.com/speedreads/973467/sidney-powell-seeks-dismiss-dominion-lawsuit-argues-no-reasonable-person-mistake-claims-fact

In fact, Powell's claims were just "opinions and legal theories," her lawyers argued, as well as constitutionally protected "political speech" and "hyperbole." At the same time, the motion contends, Dominion won't be able to prove any "actual malice" on Powell's part because "she believed the allegations then and she believes them now."

Sounds like the effort to overturn the election was a huge fundraising grift. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Sounds like the effort to overturn the elect was a huge fundraising grift. 

Oh BOGES !  No, no, no... I just broke down and wept.

The idea that filing a lawsuit is ok as a political ruse... will now be tested I suppose.  But she has likely destroyed her legal career.  

• 2 years later...
On 12/12/2020 at 11:22 AM, Infidel Dog said:

Sometimes you crack me up, Beave.

You tell us you were ignorant of the fact Paxton has plead not guilty to a charge in a case that goes back 5 years. (Some joke it's old enough to go to kindergarten.)

So you were ignorant of it but you accuse me and WCM of being in some sort of bubble where we wouldn't have access to the mainstream news or even Wikipedia and accuse us of being the ones who are out of touch with what's happening in the real world. I guess from where you are over in Beaveworld that makes some kind of twisted sense though.

Oh well...as is often the case, thanks for the yuks.

Another well-aged post from the fact-free republican bubble  Here’s an update 

Republican-led Texas House impeaches state Attorney General Ken Paxton

Sergio Martínez-Beltrán | The Texas NewsroomUpdated May 27, 20236:41 PM ET

AUSTIN, Texas — In a historic vote Saturday, the Texas House of Representatives decided to impeach Republican state Attorney General Ken Paxton over allegations of illegal activities related to one of his political donors. 

Paxton will immediately and temporarily be suspended from his duties pending a trial in the state Senate.

Rep. David Spiller, a Republican who serves on the House General Investigating Committee, told members that, even though he thinks Paxton has a "brilliant legal mind," he still violated the law. 

"He put the interest of himself above the laws of the state of Texas," Spiller said. "He put the interest of himself over his staff who tried to advise him on multiple occasions that he was about to violate the law."

The allegations against Paxton

During Saturday's vote, lawmakers listened closely as members of the House General Investigating Committee laid out the 20 articles of impeachment against Paxton.

Although some are related to Paxton's 2015 securities fraud federal indictment, for which he has yet to stand trial, most of the allegations are related to Paxton's relationship with Nate Paul, an Austin real estate investor. 

Paul, who contributed $25,000 to Paxton's 2018 campaign, was being investigated by the FBI in 2020 when he asked Paxton to intervene in that probe. 

Paxton followed suit, House-hired investigators said, and circumvented his own agency's policies to hire an outside attorney to intervene and issue subpoenas to benefit Paul. 

Investigators also found that Paxton forced his staff to rewrite an opinion on COVID-19 restrictions to benefit Paul.

"The last 72 hours has shown us why Ken Paxton is so desperate to keep his case in the court of public opinion. Because he has no ability to win in a court of law," said Johnson, the Democrat and member of the House General Investigating Committee.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/27/1178606035/ken-paxton-impeachment-texas-house-republican-attorney-general-investigation

• Like 2