The Lawsuits

2 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Uh, anyway, things will begin to take shape in the days after Friday.  

I think we're on the same page...however never underestimate the system's desire to do the easy thing rather than the hard thing...or the right thing.

So much easier to give Joe the show...

Well, screw that...I'm pretty sure many want to at least TRY the hard thing...the RIGHT thing. Let's try.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I think we're on the same page...however never underestimate the system's desire to do the easy thing rather than the hard thing...or the right thing.

So much easier to give Joe the show...

Well, screw that...I'm pretty sure many want to at least TRY the hard thing...the RIGHT thing. Let's try.

They are trying to avoid the consequences of the fraud.  It reminds me of a movie called The Big Short, when the financial sector tried to prevent the sub prime collapse.   Man did they try hard, but...you can’t change the reality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkman said:

They are trying to avoid the consequences of the fraud.  It reminds me of a movie called The Big Short, when the financial sector tried to prevent the sub prime collapse.   Man did they try hard, but...you can’t change the reality.

They really hate Trump...no matter that he was a shot in the arm to America like it hasn't had in ages.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sharkman said:

I'll also add this:  Lin Wood has a list of about 1000 Americans who are involved with colluding with foreign nations during the election, but that part hasn't been proved in a court of law.

The same Lin Wood who wants the Republican governor and Republican secretary of state for Georgia to be arrested for refusing to cheat on Trump's behalf? The same Lin Wood whose last lawsuit against the election was dismissed by a Trump appointed judge with the statement it had "no basis in fact or in law"? The one who lost another case in Michigan where the judge said the motive for filing the case was not to win, but to shake "people's faith in the democratic process and their trust in our government"? The guy who said Trump won the election with 70% of the vote?  The guy who is a Qanon supporter? That Lin Wood?

Edited by Argus

Seems not all Republicans are happy with all this garbage.

Texas lawsuit was the last straw. I'm leaving the Republican Party: Former NH GOP chair

The GOP has ransacked our Constitution and attempted a coup. The Republican Party of Lincoln is no more. I'm switching my registration to independent.

With very few exceptions, elected Republicans have been silent in the face of this president's most contemptuous and at times barbaric actions. They have defended and excused his impeachable betrayals. 

Worst of all, they have openly supported his attempts to sabotage the Constitution and dismantle democracy as we know it. Trump’s post-election attempts to invalidate millions of legitimate votes through an abuse of the judicial system, culminating in a Texas lawsuit to block Joe Biden wins in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsinamount to no less than an attempted coup. And they have been openly encouraged and supported by every level of the Republican Party.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/12/17/leaving-republican-party-disgraceful-assault-on-election-column/3922686001/

40 minutes ago, Argus said:

The same Lin Wood who wants the Republican governor and Republican secretary of state for Georgia to be arrested for refusing to cheat on Trump's behalf? The same Lin Wood whose last lawsuit against the election was dismissed by a Trump appointed judge with the statement it"no basis in fact or in law"? The one who lost another case in Michigan where the judge said the motive for filing the case was not to win, but to shake "people's faith in the democratic process and their trust in our government"? The guy who said Trump won the election with 70% of the vote?  The guy who is a Qanon supporter? That Lin Wood?

Yes.  He has a very long resume.  Why don’t you list his achievements in the last 50 years?

45 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Yes.  He has a very long resume.  Why don’t you list his achievements in the last 50 years?

He's nuts. What does it matter what he did before? Mike Flynn became a lieutenant general in the army and national security adviser. Yaaay. Then he sold his services to other countries, lied about it to the FBI, got fired, and went out of his mind as he joined Qanon and took an oath to them. Recently he's called for Trump to declare martial law and take over permanently.

Do I CARE about his previous accomplishments? Not especially. Same goes for Lin Wood, whose previous accomplishments were a fraction of Flynn's. He's delusional. Anyone who believes in Qanon is out of their mind.

Edited by Argus

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Seems not all Republicans are happy with all this garbage.

Texas lawsuit was the last straw. I'm leaving the Republican Party: Former NH GOP chair

The GOP has ransacked our Constitution and attempted a coup. The Republican Party of Lincoln is no more. I'm switching my registration to independent.

With very few exceptions, elected Republicans have been silent in the face of this president's most contemptuous and at times barbaric actions. They have defended and excused his impeachable betrayals. 

Worst of all, they have openly supported his attempts to sabotage the Constitution and dismantle democracy as we know it. Trump’s post-election attempts to invalidate millions of legitimate votes through an abuse of the judicial system, culminating in a Texas lawsuit to block Joe Biden wins in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsinamount to no less than an attempted coup. And they have been openly encouraged and supported by every level of the Republican Party.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/12/17/leaving-republican-party-disgraceful-assault-on-election-column/3922686001/

Jennifer Horn is the co-founder of the Lincoln Project.

Why would anybody be surprised she wants to admit she's a Democrat now. Her masquerade time as a Republican is over and she knows it. She couldn't get elected as a librarian in a Republican town now.

The other big wig of the Lincoln Project admits he's Democrat now too. I forgot his name. Neither of them are that memorable.

Edited by Infidel Dog

13 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Why would anybody be surprised she wants to admit she's a Democrat now. Her masquerade time as a Republican is over and she knows it. She couldn't get elected as a librarian in a Republican town now.

The other big wig of the Lincoln Project admits he's Democrat now too. I forgot his name. Neither of them are that memorable.

That's because the Republican party isn't really the Republican party anymore. It's the Trump Fealty Party. 

14 hours ago, sharkman said:

Hmm, I think you missed my point.  

You didn't HAVE a point.

If you can't defend against the accusation the guy is delusional and his legal cases are ridiculous you have nothing to say.

Edited by Argus