Jump to content

Liberals to greatly increase immigration in coming years.


Argus

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

A significant percentage of the new immigrants that are moved into this particular region can't speak English...easy or not. Nor French for that matter.

But English is easy to learn. Did you know that there are other countries and other languages — countries with more difficult languages, who also take refugees and immigrants? You're a big baby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Remember people, if something hates all Muslims it's incorrect and actually impolite to call them a racist.

 

And now back to uncited generalizations about foreigners...

What if they hate the Muslim arab, but not the Christian or atheist arab.  What if they don't hate any until they know which is which, and then they decide? Would it still be racism if race didn't enter in to it? 

Still wrong, no argument there, (they would have to have another reason to hate the person) but not racism, surely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Maybe all the stuff you want on your Whopper is a little high maintenance?

 

Buy one get one free?

Yeah...it's a pretty high-end thing, brain-power wise.

:lol:

Then, driving away, your brain does the math...the Price of Whopper vs How Far Away From BK You Are equation...do I turn-around Steve McQueen style? Let's see...am I in a 1968 Boss Mustang? No? Oh well....

Edited by DogOnPorch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the summer I went to the beach.  I saw a bunch of Muslim kids playing and swimming.  The boys wore trunks and went with shirts off as boys typically do.  The girls wore a hijab with long sleeves and clothed legs so as to not show skin.  Might have been a "burkini", the mother had one too.  I thought this was strange as I had never seen this before with my own eyes.  But it was just cloth, so it doesn't really bother me.  The girl was having lots of fun laughing and playing in the water with her brothers and cousins

A burka and a niqab are also just cloth, but those do bother me, they feel oppressive.  Long sleeves aren't really that oppressive as much as sexually modest, no different than the West was 100 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

In the summer I went to the beach.  I saw a bunch of Muslim kids playing and swimming.  The boys wore trunks and went with shirts off as boys typically do.  The girls wore a hijab with long sleeves and clothed legs so as to not show skin.  Might have been a "burkini", the mother had one too.  I thought this was strange as I had never seen this before with my own eyes.  But it was just cloth, so it doesn't really bother me.  The girl was having lots of fun laughing and playing in the water with her brothers and cousins

A burka and a niqab are also just cloth, but those do bother me, they feel oppressive.  Long sleeves aren't really that oppressive as much as sexually modest, no different than the West was 100 years ago.

 

'Drawing down the veil' is ordained in the Quran to prevent abuse. Trouble is...this extends to non-believers of Islam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

'Drawing down the veil' is ordained in the Quran to prevent abuse. Trouble is...this extends to non-believers of Islam.

24:31"And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests"

33:59 "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful."

What are you talking about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marocc said:

What are you talking about?

People who don't like Muslims engage in the following circular logic:

1) They point to the Quran as a reason why Muslims are unlikeable, ie. that the holy book has an unnatural influence on its adherents. 
2) When you point out that the Judeo-Christian holy book has edicts that advance violent reprisal for sinful behaviour they respond "but Christians and Jews ignore those passages"


So you are set up for the circular logic, that is: "Muslims are different from others and untrustworthy and the cause is that their awful holy book makes them behave badly, but Christians and Jews aren't affected by the awful passages in their holy books".  So is it the book or isn't it ?  Clearly people can read a holy book and ignore the awful parts but not if you just start out by disliking Muslims just because you do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marocc said:

24:31"And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests"

33:59 "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful."

What are you talking about?

 

Cherry picking translations of the Quran won't save you..."annoyed" is the nice translation...

Abused, hurt, harassed, molested...all words used instead of annoyed....

Folks can look for themselves to see that...as usual...Islam deceives. 

https://quran.com/33/59

Go into settings and check all the translations...

So girls...according to Islam, wearing the veil stops men from molesting you. Not wearing the veil allows men to molest you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

People who don't like Muslims engage in the following circular logic:

I don't run into such people much. If someone has a clue about the contents of the Qur'an, they likely have a clue about the contents of the Bible too. Christians debate against Islam on a very different manner; typically accusing them of idol worship, their prophet of misdemeanor or their scripture of having been forged. Most of them don't touch "those" verses at all.

19 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Cherry picking translations of the Quran won't save you..."annoyed" is the nice translation...

Abused, hurt, harassed, molested...all words used instead of annoyed....

The point is in the underline parts. What do you mean with that it ćapplies to non-Muslims"? Obviously a woman who covers herself is less likely to be abused, harassed, hurt, molested and annoyed. Everyone knows that. But that is not the point, so answer the question instead of avoiding it.

22 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So girls...according to Islam, wearing the veil stops men from molesting you. Not wearing the veil allows men to molest you.

A third topic. Maybe take it to the religion section. For now, let's focus on your first claim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Obviously a woman who covers herself is less likely to be abused, harassed, hurt, molested and annoyed. Everyone knows that.

Real evidence says otherwise.  The notion that a woman who covers herself is "safer" is belied every day by the higher rates of physical and sexual abuse among both conservative Christian groups and Islamic countries, compared to less conservative Christian groups and secular countries.  Islam's unfortunate choice to continue to see women as less then men in society means that abuse of women is hidden or dismissed far too often.  The same happens in fundamentalist Christian groups; the desire of men to control and punish women isn't confined to any particular religion, but is enhanced by the belief that God puts women in "the care" of men.

Edited by dialamah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Cherry picking translations of the Quran won't save you..."annoyed" is the nice translation...

Your cherry picking is ok, Marroc's is not.  Anyway, this just proves what I've been saying for years - people take what they like from their holy books.  You like the parts that describe Islam as warlike, misogynistic and barbaric.  Others like the parts that describe Islam as peaceful, tolerant and loving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dialamah said:

Your cherry picking is ok, Marroc's is not. 

Yeah that's the other thing the Muslim haters do.... it's the AMOUNT of awful stuff in the holy books !!! :lol:   

That's what makes them hateable !!!  That's why we can't bring them in...

I guess the implication is if the Bible had a few additional books of leviticus we'd all be knifing each other for wearing poly fibres.  

Does ANYBODY oppose the idea of bringing Indian software developers to Canada to fill empty jobs ?  Given that the jobs pay much above the median wage and the taxes they pay would offset the costs of bringing them over.

 

Anyone ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yeah that's the other thing the Muslim haters do.... it's the AMOUNT of awful stuff in the holy books !!! :lol:   

That's what makes them hateable !!!  That's why we can't bring them in...

I guess the implication is if the Bible had a few additional books of leviticus we'd all be knifing each other for wearing poly fibres.  

Does ANYBODY oppose the idea of bringing Indian software developers to Canada to fill empty jobs ?  Given that the jobs pay much above the median wage and the taxes they pay would offset the costs of bringing them over.

 

Anyone ?

It's not the amount of stuff in the holy books that matters.  It's who pays attention to it, and how much that matters.

That much is really obvious, and it's disingenuous to claim otherwise.

Why would an Indian software developer be any different from any other software developer, as long as they weren't jerks?  As long as they don't try to shut down the beef farmers for abusing cows.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yeah that's the other thing the Muslim haters do.... it's the AMOUNT of awful stuff in the holy books !!! :lol:   

That's what makes them hateable !!!  That's why we can't bring them in...

I guess the implication is if the Bible had a few additional books of leviticus we'd all be knifing each other for wearing poly fibres.  

Does ANYBODY oppose the idea of bringing Indian software developers to Canada to fill empty jobs ?  Given that the jobs pay much above the median wage and the taxes they pay would offset the costs of bringing them over.

 

Anyone ?

Yes.  How about we let people already here fill those jobs?  What a concept.  Guess what?  There are thousands of students in software development in Canada already.  There are people in Canada with those skills already.  Companies prefer to bring in foreign workers because they can get away with paying them less than they’d have to pay for a domestic worker of the same job.  It’s time to make labour more of a scarce resource.  It’s time to make employers need to complete for employees.  Enough is fucking enough.  We’ve experienced a pandemic that has unemployment close to double digits, and the Liberals can’t even pause temporarily?  It’s insane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Your cherry picking is ok, Marroc's is not.  Anyway, this just proves what I've been saying for years - people take what they like from their holy books.  You like the parts that describe Islam as warlike, misogynistic and barbaric.  Others like the parts that describe Islam as peaceful, tolerant and loving.

 

I gave the link and instructions to display ALL the translations.

That's not cherry picking you disingenuous supporter of Islam. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, Argus said:

...Basically, we'll take anyone who wants in, regardless of skill or ability...

This will not leave any real opportunity for newcomers to assimilate, so our culture (and inevitably our laws) will be largely what newcomers decide they should be. Newcomers mainly come from non-democratic countries which are extremely religious, do not believe in tolerance towards religious or sexual minorities or equality for women. Nor do we screen any of them to weed out the most intolerant. There will be no discussion of this expanded immigration allowed, even though it will have a massive impact on the future of Canada. No studies will be made or have been made to justify this or predict the impact.

That is all either flat out false or unfounded projections based on squeamish fear.  I keep hearing from conservatives that they're made of sterner stuff than that but your post would make a homeless communist blush.

Who is going to do the immigrants' work if they aren't here to do it? Can we count on you to eviscerate hundreds of chickens a day or change old people's diapers so the rest of us don't have to?

The financial gurus have determined that for the economy to run smoothly, we need X number of immigrants willing to do the shit work that's beneath you and me. Less than that will drag the economy down, so instead of dissing them, I think the better solution is for you to overcome your exaggerated fears. You could start by thanking an immigrant next time you eat a cheap burger or visit your mom in the seniors home.

Instead of knee-jerk blaming of the government, try taking your whiny fears to those who drive immigration policy: the mostly-conservative CEOs of corporations and industries who need cheap labour to operate. They are the ones who the government consults before policy changes are made, so when you complain about immigrants, you're eating your own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...