Liberals to greatly increase immigration in coming years.

Argus

16 hours ago, cannuck said:

Business that wastes its time chasing government money isn't business, it is just another version of looking for and depending on handouts.  You have also made the same mistake as does virtually every politician and ec-dev officer: that large business create jobs.   They seldom do.  The largest segment of the economy that creates new employment (vs. moving jobs from one big handout place to another - as this is what most big biz will do) is small business.  IMHO, one of the reasons that the Maritimes have such weak economies is that people have been trained like monkeys to turn to the most incompetent and ill intended source possible for opportunity - government.   It is not the solution to any problem - it is the source.

You make it sound like this is a Maritime problem, it is not the feds are doing it on a grand scale across the country, as with every level of the province.  The reason the Maritimes economy sucks is because we are not diversified, most of all the major industry here has been shut down, ie pulp and paper, logging, farming, building ships "if yo want to include that one", and fishing.... most of the employment is seasonal. And with the average wage here being 36,000 dollars how does one afford to open up a small business, without help from the government.

I get it it is not the government job to be financing business or other job creation ideas. But government has been doing it forever, bale outs for 100 of millions for Ford, GM, etc, Bombardier all rings a bell, In most cases it is the last resort for getting funds, do you think most banks are going to let a person with a 36,k income the tens of thousands required for a small business, banks don't make billions doing that... 

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Virtually everything you write about immigrants is full of assumptions about how they're lazy, desperate, criminal, opportunistic, cheaters, yada yada yada.  Your own words define you. 

You're making shit up again. I've never made sweeping comments about immigrants.

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

And the insults you use against women reveal your core misogyny.

Quit sniveling. I don't care if you call yourself male or female. I treat you the same way you treat me.

Here's an excellent example of just how screwed up our immigration system is, how slow, stupid and bureaucratic it is in being unable to make even the most obvious decisions to deny any immigrant citizenship and boot them out of the country. This con man and fraud artist has been playing the system for years, and is still at it, still living in Toronto.

During an interview with CSIS on Nov. 27 and 28, 2019, Onghaei “admitted to having owned a private money exchange company that would transfer funds from Bank Saderat and other Iranian financial actors into Canada,” according to the intelligence report. "In order to do so, Mr. Onghaei explained that Bank Saderat would transfer money into Dubai, United Arab Emirates to circumvent sanctions; from there, funds were transferred to his Canadian-based company.”

“For additional clarity, Mr. Onghaei stated that he knows the process of circumventing economic sanctions is clearly illegal. Yet, Mr. Onghaei admitted to having conducted such activities for at least three years,” CSIS wrote.

“Mr. Onghaei also admitted that the GoI [Government of Iran] has used his company to funnel money into Canada, and stated that, in order to allow for such a process to occur, he ensures that funds are processed in the UAE to circumvent economic sanctions. On a separate note, Mr. Onghaei stated that, if he were to profit from such a relationship, he would ‘gladly’ work for a foreign intelligence service, notably one from Iran,” the CSIS report said.

Onghaei’s latest appeal to the Federal Court was dismissed on Nov. 9. But Onghaei said he would continue his fight for Canadian citizenship. “I’m not going to quit, I’m not going to give up because it’s my right.”

How hard do our earnest, liberal judges work to help out immigrants? How about giving an absolute discharge to an Indian here on a student visa so as to not interfere with his quest for citizenship?

What did he do? Oh, nothing much. Just dried to drag a 17 year old pizza delivery girl into his house. She had to fight like hell to break free. Earlier he'd gone after a 15 year old on the bus. But hey, they weren't important. This guy is clearly exactly the type of enterprising immigrant Canada needs so we sure don't want him to get a criminal record! Don't you just love a story with a happy ending?!

A man who came to Canada on a student visa and who pleaded guilty to unlawfully confining a teenage girl who was delivering a pizza to him has received a conditional discharge. The verdict for the man, who cannot be named due to a publication ban, means he will have no criminal record and therefore not face deportation back to India.

Court heard that the man, who is referred to by the initials J.S. in the judge’s ruling on the case, repeatedly tried to entice the 17-year-old girl delivering pizza into his suite and when that didn’t work, used the ruse of having trouble with the debit machine to allow him to grab her wrist.

He tried to pull her into the suite but the teen screamed as much as she could while trying to break free from what she described as a “death grip” on her wrist. She used all of her force to break free and ran to her vehicle.

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/man-on-student-visa-in-b-c-who-unlawfully-confined-teen-in-death-grip-gets-conditional-discharge

Edited by Argus

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

How hard do our earnest, liberal judges work to help out immigrants? How about giving an absolute discharge to an Indian here on a student visa so as to not interfere with his quest for citizenship?

What did he do? Oh, nothing much. Just dried to drag a 17 year old pizza delivery girl into his house. She had to fight like hell to break free. Earlier he'd gone after a 15 year old on the bus. But hey, they weren't important. This guy is clearly exactly the type of enterprising immigrant Canada needs so we sure don't want him to get a criminal record! Don't you just love a story with a happy ending?!

A man who came to Canada on a student visa and who pleaded guilty to unlawfully confining a teenage girl who was delivering a pizza to him has received a conditional discharge. The verdict for the man, who cannot be named due to a publication ban, means he will have no criminal record and therefore not face deportation back to India.

Court heard that the man, who is referred to by the initials J.S. in the judge’s ruling on the case, repeatedly tried to entice the 17-year-old girl delivering pizza into his suite and when that didn’t work, used the ruse of having trouble with the debit machine to allow him to grab her wrist.

He tried to pull her into the suite but the teen screamed as much as she could while trying to break free from what she described as a “death grip” on her wrist. She used all of her force to break free and ran to her vehicle.

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/man-on-student-visa-in-b-c-who-unlawfully-confined-teen-in-death-grip-gets-conditional-discharge

#NotThemToo, I guess...

It is no surprise when there is a war despite being numerically outnumbered the Israelis fuck the Arabs in the arse like 10-0. That's why the Arabs haven't tried a war against Israel for some time.

That is because the Israeli army is a real war-machine but also because their enemies are the worst possible soldiers  imaginable. 

Similar with immigration into the western countries. It is all about numbers. 

Arabs will never carry out any armed coup or an overthrow of the regime. They are simply too inefficient to do someting like that.

It is all about numbers for them. The more Arab-immigration the more it is towards their rule. 

eif

22 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

It is no surprise when there is a war despite being numerically outnumbered the Israelis fuck the Arabs in the arse like 10-0. That's why the Arabs haven't tried a war against Israel for some time.

That is because the Israeli army is a real war-machine but also because their enemies are the worst possible soldiers  imaginable. 

Similar with immigration into the western countries. It is all about numbers. 

Arabs will never carry out any armed coup or an overthrow of the regime. They are simply too inefficient to do someting like that.

It is all about numbers for them. The more Arab-immigration the more it is towards their rule. 

eif

So much hate and ignorance.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:25 AM, cannuck said:

I am glad to see you phrase it that way.   As someone with a vested interest in immigration overall and more immigration in particular, it is vital that you, your industry and the idiotic enablers within government understand that we who actually PAY the bills and suffer the consequences of the gaping holes in immigration systems are NOT happy with just immigration for the sake of the political and economic gain of "the system".  I can agree that SOME immigration is beneficial (usually in the second generation) but a significant part of immigration today enables totally unqualified, ill fitting and UNWANTED (by anyone outside of the Sunny Ways camp) people to enter unchallenged.  Not all cultures are a good fit here, but there is very little recognition and absolutely no attempt to respect that fact.

You pay the bills for what?

What consequences are you suffering? 

Immigrants don't pay bills?

What are the gaping holes in immigration?

Unwanted by who? Why are they unwanted to you? 

4 hours ago, marcus said:

You pay the bills for what?

What consequences are you suffering? 

Immigrants don't pay bills?

What are the gaping holes in immigration?

Unwanted by who? Why are they unwanted to you? 

All fair questions.

Let's just leave it at the point of where the tax man and I know each other too well - in several countries.

Consequences in Canada?  Simple: I must pay for the massive cost of uncontrolled immigration.  Not only the tax side, but in business, the influx of totally unqualified people (most of whom CLAIMED to be qualified or capable when they sent the documentation the "immigration consultant" wrote for them and provided the references for) take up employment and simply don't perform or communicate at the level that I expect and need to conduct business effectively and profitably in Canada.  To give you an example let's just look at one country:  in engineering jobs in Western Canada (mostly resource sector) employers tend to hire a disproportionate number of "engineers" from India.  Since most have an education and come from a culture that has zero respect for integrity, they are a total disaster on the job and one simply dismisses 99% of what they say or do because it is totally incompetent.   The second bit of suffering from that is some percentage (maybe 1% to 3% actually ARE good engineers) and their work and credibility is destroyed by their compatriates' ineptitude. 

A senior engineer that does a lot of work for me in BC resource sector related how as a large company employer, "inclusiveness" at HR results in hiring a large number of low cost engineers who are Indian immigrants.  The reality of the Peter Principle is that a department gets stuck with one or more, and to get rid of them, recommend them for promotion.  End result after a few years is the salaries offered in engineering overall have been whored into the basement.  Union tradesmen with OT are earning far more that the senior engineers who designed and supervise the work they are doing.   

Obvious one of the largest offenders is the LPCs own good buddies at SNC.   Remember the blowup when they got caught with their extremely criminal involvement with Libya?   When the heads rolled, I watched a very senior (and very capable, very honest and very WASP) engineer get tossed out of the door as a sacrificial lamb.  It happened because a few junior engineers under his watch (let's be more specific, a few INDIAN immigrant junior engineers) had been bribing officials in Bangladesh for projects.   The damage done to the reputation, trustworthiness and technical quality of engineering in Canada has been destroyed by careless immigration of people CULTURALLY UNSUITED to do business to the professional standards we have come to expect form our traditional immigrant makeup.

Let's go on to trucking: in your position, you SHOULD be aware that Sikhs have literally taken over the trucking business in Canada.  The dead bodies along the way should tell you a bit about their cultural and professional fit into the Canadian transportation industry.  Many of the drivers are illegal immigrants working within criminal organizations.   I had a unit on a long assignment in ON a few years ago.  It's safety inspection ran out while I was nearby, so I took it to a repair shop (owned and operated by one of the "old school" immigrant families that have been here 30+ years and fit VERY WELL into this country).  He squeezed my equipment into a long lineup of gravel trucks from the GTA needing safety inspections.  When I came on Saturday to collect the equipment, I sat down with the owner.  He said:  "look at this - 50 different trucks, 50 different drivers but only ONE DRIVING LICENSE" (said with heavy Eastern European accent).  As you might be able to guess - another Sikh trucking company.   I suffer because my business, my family, my workers must share the roadways with "immigrants" who come from a culture where the truth is a commodity for sale and crime is in the eye of the beholder.   I and anyone else in business could go on for weeks without stopping with examples of where extremely careless immigration is causing HUGE damage to Canadian culture, safety, economy, etc.

Bear in mind, I live and work with immigrants from several countries and in several countries.  Most of those in Canada came in under immigration programmes that require investment to get on the "fast track" to landed immigrant/resident status.  THOSE immigrants contribute significantly to Canada and their second generation usually contributes far above some average.  I can tell you with absolute certainty: immigrants who went through the trouble of bringing investment to Canada are disgusted by the "economic refugees" who pour over the border at government's invitation only and take up residence with little hope of ever working productively.

The roving gangs of drug gangs in GTA, Vancouver, etc. are a great example of immigration gone horribly wrong.  The current policies and practices of the Liberal government (and not JUST the Liberals) are setting up for a second wave.

Edited by cannuck
  • Thanks 1

Indians protesting against a new law - in India - which affects agricultural workers - in India - block traffic in Toronto to protest.

This is what happens when you bring floods of people across with almost no standards, no interviews, no assessment of what kind of people they are, and bring them over in such huge numbers they can't assimilate. They simply retain their old culture and their old values and their old loyalties to the old country.

Some will say immigrants always did this, to an extent, but there's a vast difference in today vs yesterday. Yesterday people took an immensely long journey to come here, and had no choice but to leave the old country behind. Today, immigrants fly back and forth between all the time, have instantaneous communications, phones, internet, TV, and other news and entertainment media with their 'homeland'. Every day, they watch TV from home, read newspapers from home, communicate over social media in their homeland, text and talk to people from home.

They're not assimilating anywhere near like they once were. And it's getting worse as the numbers ramp up.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/12/protesters-cars-block-traffic-downtown-toronto-rush-hour/

Edited by Argus
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Do United Empire Loyalists protesting Trump in Toronto qualify under this ?

How many united empire loyalists do you imagine there are in Toronto today? A dozen? And how would they be demonstrating loyalty to anything other than Canada's current progressive ideology?

Did you find anything illogical in the point I made about today vs yesterday, and the technological changes which have made assimilation less likely?

Edited by Argus

I think what's saddest about what we're seeing unfold is how Canadian public institutions and corporations are straining to make everything okay when they are clearly managing some people who don't seem to know how to function without heavy accommodation.

It was embarrassing to see how the celebrations of Diwali that caused Covid 19 outbreaks in Brampton were blamed on government for not communicating enough to the South Asian community in a culturally sensitive way, in foreign languages.  When did it become Canadian business and government responsibility to communicate in languages that aren't Canada's official languages?  Where is the personal accountability for poor choices?  Where is the understanding that, when in Rome, do as the Romans do? I've lived in other countries and had to learn the local language and customs.  It wasn't easy, but I didn't expect it to be.  Why are we creating a double standard of lower expectations for certain cultures?  That used to be called racism.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

17 hours ago, cannuck said:

All fair questions.

Let's just leave it at the point of where the tax man and I know each other too well - in several countries.

Consequences in Canada?  Simple: I must pay for the massive cost of uncontrolled immigration.

What do you mean "uncontrolled immigration"?

Canada has some of the strictest immigration rules as compared to other major Western countries. 

Not only the tax side, but in business, the influx of totally unqualified people (most of whom CLAIMED to be qualified or capable when they sent the documentation the "immigration consultant" wrote for them and provided the references for) take up employment and simply don't perform or communicate at the level that I expect and need to conduct business effectively and profitably in Canada.  To give you an example let's just look at one country:  in engineering jobs in Western Canada (mostly resource sector) employers tend to hire a disproportionate number of "engineers" from India.  Since most have an education and come from a culture that has zero respect for integrity, they are a total disaster on the job and one simply dismisses 99% of what they say or do because it is totally incompetent.   The second bit of suffering from that is some percentage (maybe 1% to 3% actually ARE good engineers) and their work and credibility is destroyed by their compatriates' ineptitude. 

I don't know how you are qualifying 1-3% . That looks more like an opinion. 

I would agree that some people from certain countries don't measure up to others in some sectors, as far as knowledge and capabilities. This is apparent in the engineering and tech sector. Indians are a good example of this. If they are educated in India (many are educated in England / U.S. / Canada), then the chances that they won't measure to the average worker increases.

The results are clear: Employers in Canada, in the engineer and technology sectors, do avoid hiring Indians who have had education in India. 

That is a reality.

A senior engineer that does a lot of work for me in BC resource sector related how as a large company employer, "inclusiveness" at HR results in hiring a large number of low cost engineers who are Indian immigrants.  The reality of the Peter Principle is that a department gets stuck with one or more, and to get rid of them, recommend them for promotion.  End result after a few years is the salaries offered in engineering overall have been whored into the basement.  Union tradesmen with OT are earning far more that the senior engineers who designed and supervise the work they are doing.   

Yet, salaries in both engineering and tech sectors are going up across the board. So this doesn't match with your opinion. 

Obvious one of the largest offenders is the LPCs own good buddies at SNC.   Remember the blowup when they got caught with their extremely criminal involvement with Libya?   When the heads rolled, I watched a very senior (and very capable, very honest and very WASP) engineer get tossed out of the door as a sacrificial lamb.  It happened because a few junior engineers under his watch (let's be more specific, a few INDIAN immigrant junior engineers) had been bribing officials in Bangladesh for projects.   The damage done to the reputation, trustworthiness and technical quality of engineering in Canada has been destroyed by careless immigration of people CULTURALLY UNSUITED to do business to the professional standards we have come to expect form our traditional immigrant makeup.

If you think bribery and unethical behaviour happens by only non-whites, then you're mistaken. We have come across hundreds of cases, where "white" company owners have only cared about the "bottom line". 

This doesn't mean that in some cultures, unethical behaviour may not be more acceptable, than others. I would agree, that, in the Indian culture, shortcuts and unethical behaviour is more widely accepted.

How much is that having an effect on the Canadian culture? Probably a bit. Is it widespread and urgent? From my experience, I don't see it.

Just to note: We work with many engineering and technology firms in Canada. We assist companies at different levels, including recruitment. Majority of the recruitment is done domestically. However, due to the shortage of skilled Canadian workers, employers do look outside of Canada. This is where we assist employers as well. In almost all cases, if an employer has the option of hiring a qualified Canadian and pay them above the median average salary, vs an employee from outside of Canada, with a wage at the median average salary (all programs require this), they would easily choose the Canadian. The steps a Canadian employer would have to take to hire a foreign worker, the costs involved and the risk that the employee may not work out after going through the process is a big reason why Canadian employers would rather hire a Canadian.

Let's go on to trucking: in your position, you SHOULD be aware that Sikhs have literally taken over the trucking business in Canada.  The dead bodies along the way should tell you a bit about their cultural and professional fit into the Canadian transportation industry.  Many of the drivers are illegal immigrants working within criminal organizations.   I had a unit on a long assignment in ON a few years ago.  It's safety inspection ran out while I was nearby, so I took it to a repair shop (owned and operated by one of the "old school" immigrant families that have been here 30+ years and fit VERY WELL into this country).  He squeezed my equipment into a long lineup of gravel trucks from the GTA needing safety inspections.  When I came on Saturday to collect the equipment, I sat down with the owner.  He said:  "look at this - 50 different trucks, 50 different drivers but only ONE DRIVING LICENSE"

I acknowledge and agree that there are some problems in the trucking industry, but this 50 : 1 license ratio you are throwing around is ridiculous. It's all hearsay. This is not possible. Not at all.

I am disappointed that you are throwing around such blatant misinformation. The trucking industry is in need of drivers. There is a HUGE shortage. This is why you see a higher percentage of immigrant drivers in the industry. Just like the tech and the health industry, if you cannot find workers locally, then you look elsewhere. This is why you see large number of Eastern European and Indian drivers. 

Did you know that there was a shortage of 60,000 truck drivers in Canada in 2019?

There are issues on the road. You can blame the immigrants, which seems to be a theme with you, but the real reasons are the following:

1. Long working hours, due to lack of drivers. Many drivers are forced to drive longer than they are supposed to.
  2. Canadian truck drivers are not officially recognized as having a skilled trade, as they are in other countries. While unionized workers in the building trades are paid quite well on the basis of their acknowledged abilities, Canadian truck drivers are still treated as untrained industrial labourers, and paid as such. (The province of Ontario, to its credit, is in the process of elevating truck driving to the status of a skilled trade, but no such initiative is evident elsewhere in the country and clearly not at the federal level.)
  3. The training of truck drivers in Canada still lacks the required level of proficiency. Truck driving is considered an entry level position and entry-level driver training is still not mandatory in Canada, either federally or provincially.

Bear in mind, I live and work with immigrants from several countries and in several countries.  Most of those in Canada came in under immigration programmes that require investment to get on the "fast track" to landed immigrant/resident status.  THOSE immigrants contribute significantly to Canada and their second generation usually contributes far above some average.  I can tell you with absolute certainty: immigrants who went through the trouble of bringing investment to Canada are disgusted by the "economic refugees" who pour over the border at government's invitation only and take up residence with little hope of ever working productively.

How many are "pouring over the borders"? Do you have statistics? It's irresponsible of you to just throw comments, without, obviously doing some research first.

The roving gangs of drug gangs in GTA, Vancouver, etc. are a great example of immigration gone horribly wrong.  The current policies and practices of the Liberal government (and not JUST the Liberals) are setting up for a second wave.

No. Look at the prison system and tell me who populates them. Tell me which groups are rising in numbers. I can tell you that it's not the immigrants. 

Black Canadians make up 3 per cent of the country’s total population but represent 10 per cent of the federal prison population.

The indigenous people make up 5 per cent of the population but account for 30 per cent of federal prison populations – a number that has been steadily rising for years. 

Edited by marcus

39 minutes ago, marcus said:

Unfortunately there are some who hold an arrogant and bigoted view that everyone has to learn from their culture and beliefs.

I believe there are a lot of things all cultures can learn from each other. There is always room for improvement.

I agree that cultures can learn a lot from each other.  It's a missed opportunity  and lack of effort to simply try to recreate everything you left behind when moving to a new country.  I always had more respect for the Americans I met in Russia who tried to learn the language, eat the local food, and take in the attractions and leisure that Russians enjoy.  The ones who hid in their apartments listening only to American music and talking to only to Americans missed the point.

Without investing yourself in the local people and culture, you're mostly just an economic opportunist.  I understand that some have a harder time assimilating than others.  It's more about attitude and effort.  I have one set of neighbours who barely attempt to get into Canadian culture.   Never a decoration for Halloween, a poppy for Remembrance Day, or recognition of other national events.  I've heard them call Canadian food bad food.  It's a mixture of ignorance and arrogance.  I don't think most immigrants are like that, but I do see that sometimes among all racial groups, Europeans, Americans, and Canadians included.  

On 11/25/2020 at 5:22 PM, Argus said:

A man who came to Canada on a student visa and who pleaded guilty to unlawfully confining a teenage girl who was delivering a pizza to him has received a conditional discharge.

I am sure he thought the girl comes as a topping on the pizza he already paid for.  Just a culturally confusing moment in our perfect multicultural equilibrium.:D

6 hours ago, cougar said:

I am sure he thought the girl comes as a topping on the pizza he already paid for.  Just a culturally confusing moment in our perfect multicultural equilibrium.:D

Its easy to cherry pick a particular crime and use that to demonize an entire group.  I can do it too.

A third generation Canadian male, with White skin, attacked and almost killed my son.  He was found "not criminally responsible" and his only punishment was being sent to a cushy psychiatric facility for a couple of years. 

Thats how White people are protected from the crimes they commit, and how the Justice system shows preference to White people.  He should have been convicted of attempted murder and in jail for a minimum of 4 years.  Instead, he got off almost scott free.  

Just now, dialamah said:

Its easy to cherry pick a particular crime and use that to demonize an entire group.  I can do it too.

A third generation Canadian male, with White skin, attacked and almost killed my son.  He was found "not criminally responsible" and his only punishment was being sent to a cushy psychiatric facility for a couple of years. 

Thats how White people are protected from the crimes they commit, and how the Justice system shows preference to White people.  He should have been convicted of attempted murder and in jail for a minimum of 4 years.  Instead, he got off almost scott free.  

That God Damned White Man.

original.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, marcus said:

Yet, salaries in both engineering and tech sectors are going up across the board. So this doesn't match with your opinion. 

If you think bribery and unethical behaviour happens by only non-whites, then you're mistaken. We have come across hundreds of cases, where "white" company owners have only cared about the "bottom line". 

This doesn't mean that in some cultures, unethical behaviour may not be more acceptable, than others. I would agree, that, in the Indian culture, shortcuts and unethical behaviour is more widely accepted.

How much is that having an effect on the Canadian culture? Probably a bit. Is it widespread and urgent? From my experience, I don't see it.

I acknowledge and agree that there are some problems in the trucking industry, but this 50 : 1 license ratio you are throwing around is ridiculous. It's all hearsay. This is not possible. Not at all.I

No. Look at the prison system and tell me who populates them. Tell me which groups are rising in numbers. I can tell you that it's not the immigrants. 

Black Canadians make up 3 per cent of the country’s total population but represent 10 per cent of the federal prison population.

The indigenous people make up 5 per cent of the population but account for 30 per cent of federal prison populations – a number that has been steadily rising for years. 

Marcus:

Sorry to have to be very brief, but in the middle of being a WASP capitalist pig at the moment so pushed for time.

The 50 drivers and one license was not hearsay or second hand, he showed me the documentation.  This was probably 10 years ago, and the problem now is far worse than it was then.  Yanks have a similar problem in some areas with Eastern Europeans (many of who operate dispatch from offshore, and use let's say "more than a little violence" in helping their business succeed from thousands of kms away.

The engineering problem is really big in resource sector out West, and especially bad with SNC - who have been thrown off of many jobsites due to both incompetence and dishonesty.

No, India doesn't hold the monopoly on lack of ethics and outright criminality with level of dishonesty (once again, SNC and the LPC are vying with small countries to reach that level all by themselves).  But to involve a culture that is STEEPED in such dishonesty is irresponsible at the very least.  Again, I am not just making assumptions, I have a company in India - that we don't operate because it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to do an honest deal there.

I have actually looked at the criminal "most wanted" lists and have noticed especially in major urban centers how immigrant-intense the most wanted lists are vs. the general prison population across Canada that is disproportionately aboriginal in content.   Long subject that would deserve a thread of its own, but the Asian, Carribean and Russian gangs all got here by easily passing what you describe as some kind of difficult barrier to coming to Canada.

BTW: let me thank you for conducting this discussion from a reasonable and logical point of view.  We really don't need partisan, ideological and emotional ranting - we need good exchanges to solve what is a genuine very large problem for this country.  While you and I may differ on what we believe to be the magnitude and causes, that shouldn't - and hasn't - prevent us from presenting and arguing our positions.  Just sorry I am short on time to really give the attention it and you deserve.

Edited by cannuck

11 hours ago, marcus said:

Unfortunately there are some who hold an arrogant and bigoted view that everyone has to learn from their culture and beliefs.

I believe there are a lot of things all cultures can learn from each other. There is always room for improvement.

Would you like to tell us what we can learn from Afghani culture and beliefs? Perhaps Pakistani culture and beliefs? That women are whores and must be beaten if they step out of line? That gays should be killed, along with apostates and blasphemers? Perhaps we could learn something from the endearing corruption of China and India?

29 minutes ago, Argus said:

Would you like to tell us what we can learn from Afghani culture and beliefs? Perhaps Pakistani culture and beliefs? That women are whores and must be beaten if they step out of line? That gays should be killed, along with apostates and blasphemers? Perhaps we could learn something from the endearing corruption of China and India?

According to our laws you cannot look down on their cultures and traditions and they are encouraged to practice their culture.......in accordance with Canadian laws (meaning as long as they are not caught).:D

9 hours ago, cannuck said:

Marcus:

Sorry to have to be very brief, but in the middle of being a WASP capitalist pig at the moment so pushed for time.

I prefer capitalism over any other form of cliche economical/political system. I believe in conscious, ethical capitalism, which we practice. If you are against bribery and dishonesty, we are on the same page on that. 

The 50 drivers and one license was not hearsay or second hand, he showed me the documentation.  This was probably 10 years ago, and the problem now is far worse than it was then. 

And then what? Why didn't you report this? This is a pretty big deal.

If you think it's still happening, you should get in touch with the police.

Yanks have a similar problem in some areas with Eastern Europeans (many of who operate dispatch from offshore, and use let's say "more than a little violence" in helping their business succeed from thousands of kms away.

The engineering problem is really big in resource sector out West, and especially bad with SNC - who have been thrown off of many jobsites due to both incompetence and dishonesty.

No, India doesn't hold the monopoly on lack of ethics and outright criminality with level of dishonesty (once again, SNC and the LPC are vying with small countries to reach that level all by themselves).  But to involve a culture that is STEEPED in such dishonesty is irresponsible at the very least.  Again, I am not just making assumptions, I have a company in India - that we don't operate because it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to do an honest deal there.

I have actually looked at the criminal "most wanted" lists and have noticed especially in major urban centers how immigrant-intense the most wanted lists are vs. the general prison population across Canada that is disproportionately aboriginal in content.   Long subject that would deserve a thread of its own, but the Asian, Carribean and Russian gangs all got here by easily passing what you describe as some kind of difficult barrier to coming to Canada.

There is a direct correlation between crime and poverty.

I have a big problem with blaming "immigrants".

If you look at history, crime and corruption has continued to decrease. This is because Canada already has a good base in its system, adopted from the British. Continue to adopt technology and automation, cut out the middle "man" and it will continue to decrease.

There are bad apples in all cultures and corruption is weeded out as time goes by.

Children of immigrants are flourishing in Canada. They are outperforming the children of non-immigrants. This simple fact should resonate with anyone who wants the best for Canada.

BTW: let me thank you for conducting this discussion from a reasonable and logical point of view.  We really don't need partisan, ideological and emotional ranting - we need good exchanges to solve what is a genuine very large problem for this country.  While you and I may differ on what we believe to be the magnitude and causes, that shouldn't - and hasn't - prevent us from presenting and arguing our positions.  Just sorry I am short on time to really give the attention it and you deserve.

Agreed. Thanks, I appreciate that. I am a fair person. I am not one-dimensional. 

Argus:   I differentiate strongly between "capitalism" (the employment of private capital to create wealth) vs. what we DO practice for the most part:  "Casino Capitalism" wherein capital is used by those privileged to merely re-distribute wealth through speculative gain.  The latter depends upon influence from government to allow it unrestricted access to the economy and our back pockets and is driven by a complete lack of ethical values and usually accompanied by considerable corruption on a grand scale.  It is the very thing that almost destroyed the world economy in the '20s and '30s and was overcome for the most part by legislation and regulation to limit such manipulation.  Sadly, finance is no longer prevented from doing such things, and is once more doing a fine job of enriching themselves at the expense of the rest of the world.

I agree about the link between crime and poverty, but I hope you will appreciate from the previous paragraph that there is another link between laissez-faire capitalism and crime on a very large scale.   From an immigration perspective: why would you want to bring someone from ANY situation where crime is endemic into a country where we have to some extent kept it under control?  Business in much of Asia depends upon the whole "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" kind of selective enforcement of law, and in much of the third world, crime is essential to survive within severe poverty and extreme granting of privilege to gain wealth.  Importing that culture to Canada now is truly dangerous and irresponsible.

I usually take great pain to point out how successful second generation immigrants are in Canada.  However, I also have to point out how successful at crime and extending a culture based on privilege and corruption much of the first generation can be.  Russian "mafia" (bear in mind that once the USSR failed, the ONLY way to operate any kind of business in a regulatory vacuum of a non-existent market economy was through what we regard as criminal behaviour), Caribbean drug gangs, South/Central American drug rings, Sikh illegal trucking rings, Chinese triads and on it goes...we KNOW about these things = THAT is what we HAVE learned, but we continue to solicit and welcome immigration from those sources.  WHY would you do such a thing??????

As to reporting illegal trucking:  I have a long working relationship with enforcement, so you might immagine what happened.  I will also add that most people responsible for enforcement are very aware of the problem.  The environment of political correctness, inclusiveness and "racist witch hunts"  and lack or resources to investigate and prosecute (crosses many jurisdicational boundaries) make it difficult to solve the same problem