Liberals to greatly increase immigration in coming years.

Argus

17 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The act of living together or within your own culture or race is not a racist act, in my opinion, but that being said

I think that all cultures, races, etc are some what racist or have racist attitudes or have said or done racist things towards another culture or race.  There may be some people who may have not done anything racist... but they are a rare exception.  The question is what qualifies a person as a racist, can you be a little racist, or do you have to be a full blown KKK member. 

Personally, I would not move into any neighborhood where 90% of the neighborhood is either all black or East Indian or Muslim. I would prefer to live and to be with my own white people. I would feel more comfortable and safe around my own people. As more non-whites are being allowed to immigrate to Canada once they start to move into a white neighborhood and start to become the majority then most white people want out of that neighborhood. They no longer feel at home in that neighborhood. Those white people will most likely move to white neighborhoods. We never see hundreds of white people moving into non-white neighborhoods unless they are forced for economic reasons to have to do so. 

A prime example of racism is when hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans several years ago where everyone was told to go to the football arena where they are supposed to be safe and which could hold thousands of people. Most of the people that were entering the arena were either white or black people. 

It was observed at the time that on one side of the arena it was full of white people. On the other side of the arena it was full of black people. White people entering the arena naturally gravitated towards their own white people where black people did the same thing and went over to the black side of the arena. One could easily say this had to have a touch of racism going on here on both sides. Increasing more non British/European people to Canada is a recipe for disaster for white people in decades to come. White people will eventually be assimilated into the many different cultures and languages and traditions, and lose their's, and it could very well mean the end of a white majority in Canada in another decade or so. Just my own personal opinion of course. ;)

On 11/11/2020 at 11:36 AM, taxme said:

Nope. I just asked him as to what was his ethnic background. That is not being racist to do so because that is what you really are trying to say here, right?  

No. I don't think wanting to know the ethnicity of a person is being racist.

My ethnic background is of British/Irish/Scottish. I am not afraid to say so. I could careless as to who or what is his background or what is comments are. It was just a simple question.

I was going to make a joke about bland food experience. But I won't.

There is nothing wrong with your ethnic background. 

What I do find wrong is making a snap judgement on someone based on their ethnic background, without really knowing them. Sometimes I catch myself doing that from time to time. Sometimes I apply stereotypes, which I don't think is right. But overall, I think, because I meet people from all over the world in my line of work and because of where I live, I've had a lot of experiences with a variety of people. I try to hold my thoughts (judgement) on a person until I have gotten to know them better. I've met good, honest, productive and valuable members of society with a variety of backgrounds. I could say the same for meeting people with negative traits and characteristics. Someone's ethnicity should not define them.

Edited by marcus

On 11/4/2020 at 7:58 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

How would you feel if the entire Muslim world was trending towards extinction and was slowly being replaced with Asians and white people and their cultures?

Awful, but there is a prophesy about that and as the prophesy goes and as you can see now, the amount of Muslims increase all the time, it is the white folk that are facing the threat of extinction.

I have no idea why ask, but there you go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The Liberal Party is intent on increasing immigration to the highest annual levels possible that they feel Canadians will accept in the name of securing more votes for the Liberal Party.

This simple-minded assessment would make sense if economic orthodoxy, The Royal Bank and Stephen Harper were in on the plan to secure more votes for the Liberal Party.

Hint: they may NOT be !

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This simple-minded assessment would make sense if economic orthodoxy, The Royal Bank and Stephen Harper were in on the plan to secure more votes for the Liberal Party.

Hint: they may NOT be !

The Harper gov didn't increase levels to over 400k a year and they also increased the length of time it took to acquire citizenship, which the Liberals quickly reversed upon election, among other measures to make it easier to become a citizen.

33 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The Harper gov didn't increase levels to over 400k a year and they also increased the length of time it took to acquire citizenship, which the Liberals quickly reversed upon election, among other measures to make it easier to become a citizen.

They did increase immigration, although the totals aren't as important as the percentage.

Clearly both parties love immigrants, specifically tech workers from Africa, India, Russia etc.

52 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Clearly both parties love immigrants, specifically tech workers from Africa, India, Russia etc.

Both parties court the immigrant vote. Mulroney was the guy who tripled immigration because Barbara McDougal told him that immigrants vote for the party in power when they get citizenship. He also lowered the amount of time needed to gain citizenship. When Mulroney took over our immigrant stream was at about 84,000 per year. Hard to believe it's shot up to 400,.000 per year with NO study done by government to show that this is economically beneficial or what danger it poses to our society.

Incidentally, Mulroney did ask for such a study, hoping it would allow support his desire for a big increase. But the study found no such thing. He ignored it, of course. Because his desire to increase immigration had nothing to do with whatever economic benefits it might or might not have.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

1. NO study done by government to show that this is economically beneficial or what danger it poses to our society.

2. But the study found no such thing. He ignored it, of course. Because his desire to increase immigration had nothing to do with whatever economic benefits it might or might not have.

1. Do you mean 'no study' or 'no public consultation' ?  I'm pretty sure they are doing 'studies' even if its polling to find out how this is going over with the electorate but fair point.

2. No, it's economic orthodoxy so... voodoo basically.

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

...with NO study done by government to show that this is economically beneficial or what danger it poses to our society.

The obvious effect I'm seeing is complete lack of communication with my fellow...errr...Canadians.

Those FOBs that do manage some English...do so in pidgin fashion. Do they plan on speaking English perfectly? I highly doubt it. Perhaps some future generation...providing English is still a thing to be spoken here.

That's gotta be a factor, eh? After the dozenth incorrect order at Burger King...I'm thinking so...

"Frick...only one Whopper, again."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Do you mean 'no study' or 'no public consultation' ?  I'm pretty sure they are doing 'studies' even if its polling to find out how this is going over with the electorate but fair point.

I am not aware of any study any government minister has used to justify increased immigration going back to Mulroney's time when the Economic Council of Canada said that a huge increase in immigration might help the economy a little or might hurt it a little depending on the mix of immigrants. They also said the decision as to increasing immigration could not be made on economic grounds.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Economic orthodoxy is based on two things. One. More people means a larger GDP. Two, a presumption that you need a larger population to increase aggregate demand for goods and services and improve economies of scale. However, a larger GDP is not what we're looking for, and we don't need larger economies of scale if we have free trade agreements. Certainly comparatively low populations have not hurt the Nordic countries.

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The obvious effect I'm seeing is complete lack of communication with my fellow...errr...Canadians.

Those FOBs that do manage some English...do so in pidgin fashion. Do they plan on speaking English perfectly? I highly doubt it. Perhaps some future generation...providing English is still a thing to be spoken here.

That's gotta be a factor, eh? After the dozenth incorrect order at Burger King...I'm thinking so...

"Frick...only one Whopper, again."

When Australia did a study on immigration it wanted to know what the biggest predictors of integration and economic success in Australia were and it turned out to be language skills. In response Australia increased its requirement for high English language skills, and gave precedence to immigrants from English countries.

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

They don't care about polls or what Canadians think on this.  There has been no studies or consultations from what i've seen, you're free to prove otherwise:  https://globalnews.ca/news/5397306/canada-immigration-poll/

"New polling numbers suggest a majority of Canadians believe the federal government should limit the number of immigrants it accepts — a public opinion trend that Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen says he finds concerning.

Sixty-three per cent of respondents to a recent Leger poll said the government should prioritize limiting immigration levels because the country might be reaching a limit in its ability to integrate them."

Oh and another one recently:  https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/poll-suggests-canadians-skittish-on-future-immigration-increases-as-pandemic-persists-1.5162770

Edited by Moonlight Graham

1 hour ago, Argus said:

When Australia did a study on immigration it wanted to know what the biggest predictors of integration and economic success in Australia were and it turned out to be language skills. In response Australia increased its requirement for high English language skills, and gave precedence to immigrants from English countries.

i'll guarantee I've spoken with more recent new immigrants than anyone else on this forum.   They speak english surprisingly well, especially Indian students coming here to study, they push English really hard in India, most who come off the plane are fluent.

The ones without english these days are typically refugees, understandably, and the few who come under the parent program (typically aged 60+).

The large majority of immigrants to Canada are also fairly young, i'd say typically under 35.  The immigration program used to allow people to sponsor anyone in their family, like siblings, but that's no longer allowed.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Those FOBs that do manage some English...do so in pidgin fashion. Do they plan on speaking English perfectly? I highly doubt it.

English is one of the easiest languages in the world. What are you complaining for?

Btw, it helps them learn if you're not a racist ass, but be polite and talk to them. Can't learn a language without practice.

Perhaps while you're at it, you learn that they're human.

9 hours ago, Argus said:

and gave precedence to immigrants from English countries.

Maybe you mean English speaking countries? Or just the English? I imagine there to be no question of whether an English man can go work in Canada. Any white fellow with an education should get there with no trouble. So why "give precedence" to someone who doesn't need it? Do you also donate money to the hungry in UK in preference to those is Africa?

15 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

i'll guarantee I've spoken with more recent new immigrants than anyone else on this forum.   They speak english surprisingly well, especially Indian students coming here to study, they push English really hard in India, most who come off the plane are fluent.

The ones without english these days are typically refugees, understandably, and the few who come under the parent program (typically aged 60+).

The large majority of immigrants to Canada are also fairly young, i'd say typically under 35.  The immigration program used to allow people to sponsor anyone in their family, like siblings, but that's no longer allowed.

Different cities tend to get different groups. And people involved in specific types of work environments would tend to encounter different kinds of immigrants. I doubt the Chinese are all that fluent, given the huge difference between their language and ours. Or Arabic speakers, for that matter. Neither group uses the same alphabet as us. And the last study I saw put both groups at the bottom as far as earnings go. That was several years back.

Refugees and parents between them make up about 70,000 a year, which is almost what the entirety of our immigration program brought in during Mulroney's tenure. It's not a small number.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:43 PM, DogOnPorch said:

I'm sure there are many positive ways to effect change towards improving people's ability to use the English language.

13 hours ago, Marocc said:

English is one of the easiest languages in the world. What are you complaining for?

A significant percentage of the new immigrants that are moved into this particular region can't speak English...easy or not. Nor French for that matter.

Btw, it helps them learn if you're not a racist ass, but be polite and talk to them. Can't learn a language without practice.

Perhaps while you're at it, you learn that they're human.

Still aren't getting the Burger King order right.

Race and your racism has nothing to do with it. This is Canada...English and French are the official languages. Not something else.

Finally, Islam isn't a race...since you dwell on it.

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Remember people, if something hates all Muslims it's incorrect and actually impolite to call them a racist.

The two go hand in hand frequently. I don't know why people keep lying it isn't so. Racism is a form of hate and prejudice. There are other forms of hate and prejudice. People who want to do nothing about either, want to argue over what each should be called. So now there's a lot of proud people saying, "I'm not a RACIST — I only hate x."
Racism has never been about race to begin with. It's called racism because that way it's easily categorised.