Will the Trump Tax Scandal Hurt Him?

But in case you're wondering what the definition of corruption is, it would be something more like this:

I'm not sure how factual that is because I can't find confirmation but if the Biden's were actually extradited on such charges and they were found guilty that would be proof of actual corruption.

Edited by Infidel Dog

40 minutes ago, Shady said:

Yep, the tax code is filled with carve outs that Trump isn’t responsible for.  He paid the legally required amount in taxes. 

Of course he IS responsible for that special writeoff for real estate developers which went into the tax cut.

And here's the thing, if you bribe politicians to change the tax code so you can legally pay no tax, that's still corruption. So Trump, like the rest of his elite wealthy peers, have been corrupting the tax code and then 'legally' benefiting from it for decades. Nothing is more apt for being called 'the swamp' than that. And rather than draining it Trump is wallowing in it just like the rest of those rich bastards.

Edited by Argus

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

Of course he IS responsible for that special writeoff for real estate developers which went into the tax cut.

And here's the thing, if you bribe politicians to change the tax code so you can legally pay no tax, that's still corruption. So Trump, like the rest of his elite wealthy peers, have been corrupting the tax code and then 'legally' benefiting from it for decades. Nothing is more apt for being called 'the swamp' than that. And rather than draining it Trump is wallowing in it just like the rest of those rich bastards.

He’s not responsible for it.  The members of Congress that actually wrote the law are responsible.  I agree that elites have been corrupting the tax code.  It’s why companies like Google and Amazon that dwarf any of Trumps business ventures pay ZERO taxes.  That ain’t Trumps fault either.  You guys are angry with the wrong person.  Much of this junk came into law in Obama’s first term as part of the Dems recession stimulus policy.  It’s literally how Trump got his huge tax refund.

40 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

And I'll ask again, what corruption?

BTW, a twitter user broke down the NYT fake news claim of $750 taxes.

I'll post the whole tweet here for you guys who don't actually click links:

Nice find!  So just more cherry picked fake news with no context from the mainstream media.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

The tax code is the result of decades of bribery by various moneyed interests who paid presidents, congressmen and senators of both parties to adjust the tax laws to allow them to exempt a wide variety of things, to write down, write off, and pay minimal or no taxes on money made in various ways. For example, in the last tax cut a special tax provision was included which would help... real estate developers. No one seems to be able to explain why.

Which allows scumbag rich boys like Trump to pay a tiny fraction of the taxes ordinary people pay every year.

You know who pays even less taxes than Trump?  Nancy Pelosi’s husband and John Kerry’s wife.  And hundred of other members of Congress and their well connected spouses and friends.

51 minutes ago, Shady said:

You know who pays even less taxes than Trump?  Nancy Pelosi’s husband and John Kerry’s wife.  And hundred of other members of Congress and their well connected spouses and friends.

Did they promise to drain the swamp?

And does anyone wonder who he owes that $400 million to that he has to repay in the next few years? Because according to Donald Trump Junior the banks stopped loaning them money after their last series of bankruptcies, but, he said, thank God for the Russians!

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Maybe the best bell weather is the response from his cult on here.

And so we have it.  The liar and colossal loser who owes hundreds of millions, who made deficits that should have made the Tea Party melt... well... he is still their hero.

:lol:

Edited by Michael Hardner
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Not paying taxes, legally, is fine. If a crime was committed, its a different matter. But finding legal ways to defer from paying the government their undeserved cut, thats not bad at all. Thats being smart.

(Jams cattle-prod into Dr Soong's ribs) Orange man bad! (zappppppp!!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Not paying taxes, legally, is fine. If a crime was committed, its a different matter. But finding legal ways to defer from paying the government their undeserved cut, thats not bad at all.

Like bribing congress to make a tax change, or, if you're president, demanding your party insert a special clause for real estate developers. Yes, perfectly legal.

Drain that swamp!

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

(Jams cattle-prod into Dr Soong's ribs) Orange man bad! (zappppppp!!!)

This appear to be an inference that if someone disapproves of Trump they must be "deranged". But such a view is in itself deranged. Anyone with a sense of morality deeply disapproves of Trump. Anyone who is a conservative and cares about budget deficits disapproves of Trump. Anyone who knows anything about his shady dealings with Russian oligarchs, his lying, cheating and bullying, his obvious narcissism and cowardice would disapprove of Trump.

Just now, Argus said:

This appear to be an inference that if someone disapproves of Trump they must be "deranged". But such a view is in itself deranged. Anyone with a sense of morality deeply disapproves of Trump. Anyone who is a conservative and cares about budget deficits disapproves of Trump. Anyone who knows anything about his shady dealings with Russian oligarchs, his lying, cheating and bullying, his obvious narcissism and cowardice would disapprove of Trump.

So many logical fallacies broken...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

So many logical fallacies broken...

Really? Tell me one thing about my description of Trump you believe is incorrect. Are you saying he's a moral man? Are you saying he's done well by the deficit? What? Where is the fallacy?

Edited by Argus

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

....is a fallacy...

You think people with a sense of morality wouldn't disapprove of Trump's constant lies, his lifetime of serial adultery, swaggering, bragging, bullying and narcissism? His barging into the dressing rooms where teenage girls are changing because he's the boss and can't be stopped? His cruelty and childish insults towards anyone who disagrees with him? His habit of cheating his suppliers?

You think people with a sense of morality wouldn't deeply disapprove of all that?

Just now, Argus said:

You think people with a sense of morality wouldn't disapprove of Trump's constant lies, his lifetime of serial adultery, swaggering, bragging, bullying and narcissism? His barging into the dressing rooms where teenage girls are changing because he's the boss and can't be stopped? His cruelty and childish insults towards anyone who disagrees with him? His habit of cheating his suppliers?

You think people with a sense of morality wouldn't deeply disapprove of all that?

Individuals claiming universal truths...you can see my concern.

Re Trump: You just don't get it and it's awesome. 

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Individuals claiming universal truths...you can see my concern.

Re Trump: You just don't get it and it's awesome. 

Yeah I'm sure there are some people who find it perfectly moral to barge in on teenage girls changing.

Just now, Argus said:

Yeah I'm sure there are some people who find it perfectly moral to barge in on teenage girls changing.

I'd never go on a panty raid...oh wait...those are kind of fun. But these days, I'd pick the right sorority to raid...some are a tad hairy if you get me drift.