Is our government doing more harm than the virus?

oops

The government in response to a viral infection locked down the Canadian population. The idea was to lessen the amount of contact, thereby lessening the amount of infections. Most of the infections though were not happening in people with the most contacts, for example children in schools, transit users, or waitresses and others in the service industry. Most of the infections were happening in long term care facilities where the victims of the virus had limited contacts. I am not saying that the number of contacts one has is not a significant risk factor, but that is possible.

The government shut down schools, small businesses, live concerts, sporting events and social events such as weddings etc.. This caused massive unemployment, the failure of multiple thousands of small, and several large businesses while doing little to protect the most vulnerable, who largely were confined to bed. I am not saying that the government measures were misguided and ineffective in controlling the disease, but it is possible.

Am I saying that our government sabotaged our economy, caused the largest economic contraction in history, attacked our social fabric, compromised the education of our children and diminished our quality of life for almost no benefit to anyone at all. I am not saying that, but it is possible.

The number of infections spiked early, and has been decreasing steadily since then. I am not saying that this is what would happen if there was a small percentage of the population that were susceptible to the disease and most of them have now have had it, but that is possible.

Am I not saying that this is the worst government in the history of Canada, that they completely dropped the ball and have saddled multi generational debt for no reason at all, I am not, but it is possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oops said:

The government in response to a viral infection locked down the Canadian population. 

The fact that they did it isn't what's odd.

What's odd is the fact that on March 15th people could fly into our country from covid hotspots by the tens of thousands, they didn't have to quarantine, they could ride our transit, swim in pools, watch movies in our theatres, eat at buffets, and our government was still telling us not to wear masks.

Only 6 days later Canadians weren't even allowed to walk outside in a provincial park. 

How did we go from: "Covid is a joke, people who have it can fly here from other countries and do wherever they want" to "Healthy Canadians can't walk outside" in 6 days?

Am I not saying that this is the worst government in the history of Canada, that they completely dropped the ball and have saddled multi generational debt for no reason at all, I am not, but it is possible.

It is a fact. Canadians are just monumentally stupid. 

It is a very delicate balancing act between sheltering the population and trying to keep the economy going. People who demand that everything must be shut down and a curfew imposed don't seem to realise that the effects of tanking the economy surely kill more people than any virus ever could.

On the other hand if you do it like they do in Sweden and let everything stay as normal and a lot of mainly elderly people die that gives quite a cynical view of the government if there was a way to stop a lot of deaths but nothing was done.

The answer is somewhere in the middle of those stances.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/positive-covid-tests-in-no-lockdown-sweden-hit-lowest-rate-since-pandemic-began

Sweden carried out a record number of new coronavirus tests last week with only 1.2% coming back positive, the health agency said on Tuesday, the lowest rate since the pandemic began at a time when countries across Europe are seeing surges in infections.

Sweden avoided a lockdown and instead emphasized personal responsibility, social distancing and good hygiene in a bid to slow rather than eradicate a disease deemed here to stay.

1 hour ago, oops said:

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/positive-covid-tests-in-no-lockdown-sweden-hit-lowest-rate-since-pandemic-began

Sweden carried out a record number of new coronavirus tests last week with only 1.2% coming back positive, the health agency said on Tuesday, the lowest rate since the pandemic began at a time when countries across Europe are seeing surges in infections.

Sweden avoided a lockdown and instead emphasized personal responsibility, social distancing and good hygiene in a bid to slow rather than eradicate a disease deemed here to stay.

Unfortunately our lockdown didn't kill off the virus as it's still here, and now as we enter the next "flu season", will still be with us throughout. Unless by some miracle it mutates and disappears on its own, which is possible.

Yet in many cases, these viruses run rampant and die off completely before fall, in which case they're not a problem any more.

Did we extend the life of the coronavirus into another season, by enforcing too wide a shutdown? Did that do more harm than doing as Sweden did, limited quarantine but more effectively focused? It is possible.

Edited by OftenWrong

We are in a recession, but yet we are not. But the Gov is spending like we are in a full blown one. We will probably find out billions were wasted and stolen. Hopefully we have learnt from the last shutdown. Do it by region. Wearing the mask and the other protocols should help a lot with the oncoming flu season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 12:17 PM, WestCanMan said:

The fact that they did it isn't what's odd.

What's odd is the fact that on March 15th people could fly into our country from covid hotspots by the tens of thousands, they didn't have to quarantine, they could ride our transit, swim in pools, watch movies in our theatres, eat at buffets, and our government was still telling us not to wear masks.

Only 6 days later Canadians weren't even allowed to walk outside in a provincial park. 

How did we go from: "Covid is a joke, people who have it can fly here from other countries and do wherever they want" to "Healthy Canadians can't walk outside" in 6 days?

It is a fact. Canadians are just monumentally stupid. 

The majority of Canadians have never been known for their intelligence or brightness. They truly are monumentally stupid. They have always been a bunch of zombie followers who never question or challenge anything said or done to them by their leaders. This Convid 19 farce has been forced on those stupid believing sheeple and the numbers of Convid victims has been sadly fabricated in numbers way out of proportion. For the past six months their dear lying leader politicians, the lying media, the lying hospital administrators, and those so called health experts have all done a great job of keeping this scamdemic alive and running and in keeping those stupid followers constantly in a state of fear and panic and that they are all going to die if they do not listen to their lies and bull chit. As I have always said about Canadians. Canadians  are truly an exercise in futility. Aw well.  ;)

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 9:53 AM, oops said:

The government in response to a viral infection locked down the Canadian population. The idea was to lessen the amount of contact, thereby lessening the amount of infections. Most of the infections though were not happening in people with the most contacts, for example children in schools, transit users, or waitresses and others in the service industry. Most of the infections were happening in long term care facilities where the victims of the virus had limited contacts. I am not saying that the number of contacts one has is not a significant risk factor, but that is possible.

The government shut down schools, small businesses, live concerts, sporting events and social events such as weddings etc.. This caused massive unemployment, the failure of multiple thousands of small, and several large businesses while doing little to protect the most vulnerable, who largely were confined to bed. I am not saying that the government measures were misguided and ineffective in controlling the disease, but it is possible.

Am I saying that our government sabotaged our economy, caused the largest economic contraction in history, attacked our social fabric, compromised the education of our children and diminished our quality of life for almost no benefit to anyone at all. I am not saying that, but it is possible.

The number of infections spiked early, and has been decreasing steadily since then. I am not saying that this is what would happen if there was a small percentage of the population that were susceptible to the disease and most of them have now have had it, but that is possible.

The cost and assault to society as a whole and all of the havoc and chaos that this Convid 19 farce has done to Canadians has truly caused more harm than good. The loss of thousands of seniors lives in homes, jobs lost, businesses gone belly up, suicides, and the health and well being of our children has been much worse than what this Convid 19 virus could have ever done to Canadians. But the damage has been done and from what I am seeing and reading these days it sure looks like our dear lying leaders and the lying media are going to carry on with this farce once again and come October they will possibly try and make things even worse. Sadly for me , I think that the majority of dumb obedient Canadians will once again no doubt believe their politicians and the media lies and will once again allow themselves to lose even more freedoms than what they have lost already and abide by more restrictions on their already miserable lives. 

The numbers will always be spiking up no matter whether true or not because all who have a vested interest and make plenty of money from this farce and who have to try and keep up this charade Convid 19 game going. Our dear leaders have been given dictatorial communist like powers never before seen over Canadians to rule and control over our every day lives, and they are not about to give up those powers just yet w/o a fight. Only if they try to make things even worse than what they are today they may start to get some or all of their Convid 19 powers taken away from them. One can only hope that happens.

And thankfully there are many Canadians who are now fighting back and starting to demonstrate against these Convid 19 rules that have made all of our lives bloody miserable as hell. They are saying to their dear non-listening political leaders that they have had enough already. They want their old normal lives back. They want no more forced mask wearing, social distancing, vaccinations, lock downs or self quarantines. Our freedom to travel and entertainment has been taken away from us all over some farce of a scamdemic that never existed in the first place. I hope the end is near for this Convid 19 lie. It cannot come soon enough for me. Just saying. Works for me!! 

On 9/19/2020 at 2:38 PM, OftenWrong said:

Unfortunately our lockdown didn't kill off the virus as it's still here, and now as we enter the next "flu season", will still be with us throughout. Unless by some miracle it mutates and disappears on its own, which is possible.

Yet in many cases, these viruses run rampant and die off completely before fall, in which case they're not a problem any more.

Did we extend the life of the coronavirus into another season, by enforcing too wide a shutdown? Did that do more harm than doing as Sweden did, limited quarantine but more effectively focused? It is possible.

No more extensions to this Convid 19 farce. Be gone with ya. I heard on FOX news the other day that the Governor of Florida has lifted all restrictions on Convid 19. Obviously, the Governor looks like he has had enough of this Convid 19 nonsense. I wonder if any other states will follow? I say enough already, bury Convid 19. The damage to society has been enough already. End this farce now. Works for me!! 

Our government in conjunction with our chief health officer told us that it was necessary to lock down our economy, and population in order to keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed by people infected by covid19. How close to being overwhelmed are our hospitals?

Hospitals in B.C. 161

Hospitalizations B.C. 22 intensive care, 69 total.

Sorry, but I was unable to find federal data, but would welcome anyone who could provide it.

sources http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data

https://www.statista.com/statistics/440923/total-number-of-hospital-establishments-in-canada-by-province/

In B.C. 84% of our hospitals have no intensive care cases of covid19, and 42% of our hospitals have no cases of covid19 cases at all. There is no threat of the hospitals being overwhelmed at all. Why then are our elected officials telling us that there is? Are they unaware of the situation, and therefore incompetent, or aware that there is no such threat and intentionally crippling our economy, compromising our children’s education, denying our civil rights?

17 hours ago, oops said:

Our government in conjunction with our chief health officer told us that it was necessary to lock down our economy, and population in order to keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed by people infected by covid19. How close to being overwhelmed are our hospitals?

Hospitals in B.C. 161

Hospitalizations B.C. 22 intensive care, 69 total.

Sorry, but I was unable to find federal data, but would welcome anyone who could provide it.

sources http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data

https://www.statista.com/statistics/440923/total-number-of-hospital-establishments-in-canada-by-province/

In B.C. 84% of our hospitals have no intensive care cases of covid19, and 42% of our hospitals have no cases of covid19 cases at all. There is no threat of the hospitals being overwhelmed at all. Why then are our elected officials telling us that there is? Are they unaware of the situation, and therefore incompetent, or aware that there is no such threat and intentionally crippling our economy, compromising our children’s education, denying our civil rights?

This has all been a farce and a lie from the beginning. I now believe that our politicians have been lying to us all and they should all be arrested for crimes against humanity. Our Canadian media has gone along with this farce and lie also. Those hospital administrators and those lying health officers need to be all fired. This has been one big gigantic hoax that has cost the Canadian economy billions of dollars and wrecked so many lives. They pretty much have murdered our senior citizen's who were unable to see their love ones before they died alone in some care homes. Locking down vulnerable older people over a lie for weeks or months is a crime against humanity and the Canadian people. Some people need to pay for this crime that has been placed and forced on the people of Canada. I kind of doubt that will ever happen. All politicians and political party's pretty much stick together and they will cover each others butt. Our Canadian politicians have become a deplorable lot. Disgusting rats indeed. :unsure:

In response to the Trudeau governments irresponsible overspending, adding hundreds of billions to our national debt, its attack on our economy and violation our human rights there is a petition to remove him from office. This is the link.

https://www.change.org/p/canadian-house-of-commons-at-least-1-million-signatures-to-remove-pm-justin-trudeau-and-his-liberal-government