I love how Canadians hate America so much but can't do anything about it.

On 9/19/2020 at 6:03 PM, Cannucklehead said:

Abortion in Canada is legal at all stages of pregnancy and funded in part by the Canada Health Act.  While some non-legal barriers to access continue to exist, such as lacking equal access to providers, Canada is the only nation with absolutely no specific legal restrictions on abortion.

Oh I get it, Canada is the greatest place in the entire world! Jesus christ canucks! Can you read the description first before you start mouthing off?

On 9/20/2020 at 4:52 AM, Grand Mal said:

I love how Americans brag about being the biggest, meanest dog on the block and then melt down into childlike tantrums whenever they think they're not getting the love they need and deserve. Criticize anything about the USA in the presence of Americans and watch the group self-pity party kick into gear. Anywhere you go in the world, if there's Americans there they demand that they get an extra share of empathy and soothing, salving cuddles. It's the cause of more eye-rolling and face-palming than a roomful of spoiled brats. 

I'm not American.

Then ban them from entering! Duh! And make sure it's forever! That's right! Restrict their access to Canada and not just Canada but the rest of the world forever and ever! No more Americans, regardless if they are tourists, students, immigrants will travel to other countries, period! Americans will only stay in their country!

They are loud, arrogant, stupid, ignorant, annoying, and as you say they let: "self-pity party kick into gear", and want "extra share of empathy and soothing, salving cuddles". Ban them and you will never EVER have to deal with them ever again! Any American who refuses to leave should be imprisoned and executed! If you had done this a long time ago, then maybe, Mr. canuck, you wouldn't be stressing out like this.

Mr. canuck, I urge you, I beg you, do not let a single one of them enter Canada, forever.

But of course you aren't going to do this.... you'll just give me some BS excuse just like the rest of you do. I would be surprised if you did and would definitely cheer but who are you kidding?

On 9/20/2020 at 11:29 AM, Grand Mal said:

National pride makes Canadians a little uncomfortable. We hesitate to express pride in something we had no part in, like being born Canadian.

Oh my God, so predictable. I have studied this behaviour for a few years now.... THEN DON'T BE PRIDEFUL and don't tell them what to do, especially if they are doing it in their own homeland! Are canucks, by nature, dictators? Do people in canuckland, tell others what they can or cannot do? Maybe that's one of the reasons why you are so unhappy?

Oh and that's right, it's not their homeland, they stole it from the natives, just like canucks did. Don't worry Mr. canuck, I live on stolen land too.

Americans jump all over any chance to be proud of what previous generations accomplished, like high school kids swelling with pride at the three consecutive championship banners from 5 years ago hanging from the gymnasium ceiling. One thing every American should bear in mind- it doesn't matter if they're 4 years old or 44, America was a better country the day they were born than it is today.

If they do that in Canada, you should execute them via firing squad but if they do that in their own country.... WHAT BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS!? If you hate it, TOUGH LUCK BUDDY!

Americans are squandering their inheritance. Their grandparents wouldn't recognize what they've done with their country.

It's their money! Sweet Gesù Cristo!

Mr. canuck, what you should do is run for prime minister of canuckland, get every single country out there to unite, under one banner, invade and k*** every single American because hopefully, after every single one of them is gone, you will be happy. For as  long as they exist, canucks and people from other nationalities who hate Americans, will never be happy for as long as there is a single American alive out there.

Do that and you will be freed from your anger and hatred. Do it not and you will live and die with a heavy heart. And by the way, keeping anger bottled up is bad for you.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:06 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, you are in denial.   I have already provided the !American identity narrative written by Canadians, not Americans.  It is well known and routinely acknowledged.   You just did it again in the post above.

As for the French and Canadian identity, I leave that to you and Quebec.

I know if you try hard enough you can define what it means to be Canadian without referring to Americans, Brits, or the French.

Miss AlienHead, what did you do to them? Did you wrong them in someway? And if they feel so wronged, why haven't they severed all ties with the US and sided with other powerful countries and fought against Americans to stop what they say is "aggression" towards other countries, which they claim is one of the reasons they hate you? Are they cowards? Are they all talk?

On 9/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, Grand Mal said:

most Canadians don't pay any attention to the difference between us and Americans

Wrong. I find most canucks more arrogant than Americans and really just need to mind their own business. If canucks did that often, then maybe there will be lest canucks like you.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, Grand Mal said:

Want a bit of fun? Next time you go outside of America -uh, you are American, right? Next time you go to another country, see if you can pull off impersonating a Canadian. Just for shits and giggles. If you do pull it off, see how your reception is different from when you were recieved as an American.

If the entire world hated me, then I just won't travel. Why on Earth would I want to travel then? Why on Earth would I spend my hard earned money on a place that hates me? Just to be abused at? Just to be killed? Instead I will spend that money here, at home, where it will help the local economy.

If Americans did that, tourism would boost in the USA. I don't know about this year or last year but if I remember correctly, before this virus, the USA was constantly in the top 10 most visited countries in the world and it earn the most money too. Not bad for a country that canucks loves to hate.

Edited by cantstopnow

29 minutes ago, cantstopnow said:

Miss AlienHead, what did you do to them? Did you wrong them in someway? And if they feel so wronged, why haven't they severed all ties with the US and sided with other powerful countries and fought against Americans to stop what they say is "aggression" towards other countries, which they claim is one of the reasons they hate you? Are they cowards? Are they all talk?

bc2004 is an American.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cantstopnow said:

Because Canada's economic, cultural, and military integrations and dependencies are mostly directed at the United States and Americans...by far and more so since WW2.

Canadians can't and won't define their national identity as NOT Chinese, or NOT Russian, or NOT Mexican....America is the favourite foil that they need the most but desperately want to separate from at the same time...and this causes resentment and hate for some (not all).

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because Canada's economic, cultural, and military integrations and dependencies are mostly directed at the United States and Americans...by far and more so since WW2.

Canadians can't and won't define their national identity as NOT Chinese, or NOT Russian, or NOT Mexican....America is the favourite foil that they need the most...and this causes resentment and hate for some (not all).

Canadian history these days is pure modern invention.

The real stuff is rare and needs to be dug-up from archives.

https://open.library.ubc.ca/collections/bcbooks/items/1.0374175

Edited by DogOnPorch

On 9/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

A few Canadians do hate Americans,

No, I disagree. You see, I finally understand where anti-Americanism stems from.... it's because America, despite all the bad things they've done, has never been stopped. Germany and Japan both did bad things. How come the world doesn't hate them? European empires did bad things. How come the world doesn't hate them? China is doing bad things in the South China Sea. How come the world doesn't hate them and a lot are even siding with them, including Canadians? Because all of them were stopped, destroyed, suffered starvation, suffered countless deaths inflicted upon them, especially with China.

The US has never suffered such a fate. It's not fair! They did bad things too! Why haven't they fallen? Why are we still allied with them! Why is my country still trading with them! They are arrogant to think that they are better than everyone! How dare they! We should all hate them until..... well.... until they..... ummm..... we should just hate them for the heck of it!

And to prove this, why is nobody talking about people who are actually committing crimes against humanity? Countries that are starving? Have no water? People who are in dire poverty? Why is everyone talking about Trump? Why is everyone talking about stupid fat Americans?

That is why a lot of people want America to fall apart and want a lot of Americans dead, and yes this mentality is embedded in the Canadian mentality too.

mostly pseudo-intellectual third year Arts students, too under=educated to appreciate that Americans are the greatest super-power in history.

Like Grand Mal?

As for health care etc, it is the height of arrogance to think we have the right to tell another country whom they should vote for, or criticize their choice to have the right to bear arms, and so on. It is their country and we have no right to stick our oar in.

You should tell that to Grand Mal.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Canadian history these days is pure modern invention.

The real stuff is rare and needs to be dug-up from archives.

https://open.library.ubc.ca/collections/bcbooks/items/1.0374175

Of course, but modern retrospectives in Canadian media refuse to acknowledge this history in large measure, preferring to wallow in shame and politically correct revisionism instead.   Doing otherwise would be...(gulp !!)..."American style"....which is worse than herpes.

5 minutes ago, cantstopnow said:

The US has never suffered such a fate. It's not fair! They did bad things too! Why haven't they fallen? Why are we still allied with them! Why is my country still trading with them! They are arrogant to think that they are better than everyone! How dare they! We should all hate them until..... well.... until they..... ummm..... we should just hate them for the heck of it!

You have answered your own question....Canada and many other nations are allied with the United States precisely because it hasn't fallen, and is the best option for economic, cultural, and military integrations without "falling" in the future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Of course, but modern retrospectives in Canadian media refuse to acknowledge this history in large measure, preferring to wallow in shame and politically correct revisionism instead.   Doing otherwise would be...(gulp !!)..."American style"....which is worse than herpes.

Indeed true, my friend.

I think you'd enjoy McKelvie...he doesn't sugarcoat it. Downloads available in many formats on that page. Lots of scalpin'...

Pierre Berton wrote in a similar vein...preferring accuracy to political correctness.

Edited by DogOnPorch

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because Canada's economic, cultural, and military integrations and dependencies are mostly directed at the United States and Americans

Then these canucks should sever all ties with the US once and for all! There are other countries out there! Have they considered that organization called CANZUK?

Forget about sacrifices they will make! If it is for their happiness, then it is worth sacrificing!

Canadians can't and won't define their national identity as NOT Chinese, or NOT Russian, or NOT Mexican....

Of course not because that would be racist and one thing canucks hate above all is racism. I don't even think they hate the coloured folks of your country. They only hate the whites because it is okay to hate while people because of the terrible things that white folks have done. And they won't hate their European masters either because.... they're their masters.

America is the favourite foil that they need the most but desperately want to separate from at the same time...and this causes resentment and hate for some (not all).

Just separate already! These canucks remind me of these spouses who hate their partner but don't want to divorce them because they need money.

Just now, cantstopnow said:

Then these canucks should sever all ties with the US once and for all! There are other countries out there! Have they considered that organization called CANZUK?

Never happen. Geography makes sure we're joined at the hip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

I think you'd enjoy McKelvie...he doesn't sugarcoat it. Downloads available in many formats on that page. Lots of scalpin'...

Pierre Burton wrote in a similar vein...preferring accuracy to political correctness.

And it really needs to be that way, no matter how harsh it may seem by today's PC standards.   History is best taken straight, without sentimental alterations and omissions.    Native American warriors got their share of scalps too, and damn well should be proud of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cantstopnow said:

Of course not because that would be racist and one thing canucks hate above all is racism. I don't even think they hate the coloured folks of your country. They only hate the whites because it is okay to hate while people because of the terrible things that white folks have done. And they won't hate their European masters either because.... they're their masters.

It is perfectly acceptable to hate America and Americans in Canada...even expected as politically correct social currency.   Hate speech against Americans will not be rigorously prosecuted compared to other groups.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Never happen. Geography makes sure we're joined at the hip.

Then your people will never be happy? Grand Mal will never be happy? Mr. eyeball, will never be happy? Seryahh will never be happy (she's a Canadian on another site). Is this really how you want it be? Do you really want your people to feel this unhappiness and anger and hatred and all sorts of bad emotions that could potentially harm the body? Me thinks the glorious day that Canadians have dreamt about will not happen for a very long time and in that long time, reoccurring bad emotions can lead to serious ailments.

To me, happiness is more important than wealth.

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

And it really needs to be that way, no matter how harsh it may seem by today's PC standards.   History is best taken straight, without sentimental alterations and omissions.    Native American warriors got their share of scalps too, and damn well should be proud of it.

For sure...and all tribes weren't created equal...so to speak. The Haida were the kings in these regions...feared raiders both among settlers and other tribes. They ranged up rivers far inland...then slipped back to their islands. 

Conversely you had potlatches that would put any Veblen theory on conspicuous consumption to the test....beats real war.

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 minute ago, cantstopnow said:

Then your people will never be happy? Grand Mal will never be happy? Mr. eyeball, will never be happy? Seryahh will never be happy (she's a Canadian on another site). Is this really how you want it be? Do you really want your people to feel this unhappiness and anger and hatred and all sorts of bad emotions that could potentially harm the body? Me thinks the glorious day that Canadians have dreamt about will not happen for a very long time and in that long time, reoccurring bad emotions can lead to serious ailments.

To me, happiness is more important than wealth.

I make little distinction between Canadians and Americans. Both share the same values on an overwhelming number of levels.

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It is perfectly acceptable to hate America and Americans in Canada...even expected as politically correct social currency.   Hate speech against Americans will not be rigorously prosecuted compared to other groups.

Pretty sure it's mandatory for working at CBC these days.

:P

Edited by DogOnPorch