Canada & the US Civil War

On 8/14/2020 at 10:06 PM, August1991 said:

B-C, I didn't know that.

It's a very interesting twist on North American history.

======

I was in north Europe in the 1990s, when Serbs were fighting Croats. Norwegians/French/Germans, they all ignored the fighting. Not their problem.

I said to them, we North Americans are different, if South Dakota attacked North Dakota, I think people in Manitoba would intervene. 

Why, we cannot even get the people of Manitoba to intervene in the destruction of their own province and country by the leftist liberals in Quebec controlled Ottawa whom are destroying this once great nation into the ground and trying to bankrupt us all. If South Dakota attacked North Dakota I think that Manitobans would run for the hills to avoid getting shot at. Intervene, my butt. These Manitobams are Canadian, don't you know? I have never seen Manitoban's get out there and fight for this country in big numbers. Chuckle-chuckle. ;)

On 8/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, taxme said:

Who cares what happened hundreds of years ago? Will it change things that are going on in Canada today in any way? No, it will not. Just saying. 

Good question. Why chop off people's heads? Heck, post criminals on posts?

In one view, it is vengeance. In another view, it is to correct them.

=====

We now have several centuries of recorded history to show what is happening, today. Yet it happened once before.

It is neither vengeance nor correction. It is an incentive for others.

Edited by August1991

On 8/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, August1991 said:

Clueless.

It would appear as though the whole dam country has gone clueless which is great for the likes of comrade Trudeau and his globalist pals. As long as people enjoy and want to remain and act clueless all the time the more clueless they will become courtesy of comrade Trudeau and the globalists. If most Canadians were not so clueless, Trudeau would not be the crime mistake of Canuckistan today. Sadly, the clueless are running and ruining this once great nation into the ground. Disgusting to say the least. :(

5 hours ago, taxme said:

It would appear as though the whole dam country has gone clueless which is great for the likes of comrade Trudeau and his globalist pals. As long as people enjoy and want to remain and act clueless all the time the more clueless they will become courtesy of comrade Trudeau and the globalists. If most Canadians were not so clueless, Trudeau would not be the crime mistake of Canuckistan today. Sadly, the clueless are running and ruining this once great nation into the ground. Disgusting to say the least. :(

Taxme, we have a wonderful country, this place called Canada: French/English, Catholic/Protestant - even Muslims/Jews. We all live together in peace.

Like the so-called Austria-Hungary Empire in 1913.

=====

For over two centuries, we Canadians have managed religious/language divides far better than, for example, the Americans, the Lebanese.

I fear that Trudeau Jnr, while well intentioned, is screwing things up.

Edited by August1991

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

1. Taxme, we have a wonderful country, this place called Canada: French/English, Catholic/Protestant - even Muslims/Jews. We all live together in peace.

2. For over two centuries, we Canadians have managed religious/language divides far better than, for example, the Americans, the Lebanese.

3. I fear that Trudeau Jnr, while well intentioned, is screwing things up.

1. & 2. Agreed
3. Why ?  What is he doing to endanger said peace ?

14 hours ago, August1991 said:

Taxme, we have a wonderful country, this place called Canada: French/English, Catholic/Protestant - even Muslims/Jews. We all live together in peace.

Like the so-called Austria-Hungary Empire in 1913.

=====

For over two centuries, we Canadians have managed religious/language divides far better than, for example, the Americans, the Lebanese.

I fear that Trudeau Jnr, while well intentioned, is screwing things up.

We had a great and wonderful country until this hoax Covid virus came along. Who would have ever thought that our dear comrade leaders would pretty much demand we the people to isolate themselves, mask wearing, social distancing and no more large gatherings would become the normal of  the day? And thanks to globalist comrades like Bill Gates to hell and comrade Trudeau this country is pretty much on it's way to bankruptcy and slavery. Only covidiot buffoons and morons will believe that if we do not practice all those things I mentioned above we are all going to die. Maybe we should all just stay home until nothing bad will ever happen to us all.

It's our dear comrade leader politicians that is the real dangerous virus to all of our health and well being. Look at what they are doing to us all. Our politicians act more like slave masters than being the slaves to we the people. We are now all under control of our so called health Czars like comrade Bonnie Henry and T. Tam(unelected)who can now dictate to us all as to what we can say or do or where we can go. No my friend, this is not a wonderful country anymore.

I have gone way of topic here so I will say no more before I catch hell from the boss here. ;)

• 2 months later...

Taxme, will you please shut up?  You spit on the graves of everyone this pandemic has killed.  There are so many people here just like you who'd only wished to live to regret their foolishness and selfishness after getting infected.  

If you can't abstain from from a keyboard, then take a nice trip to a bar down South here and rid those of us who actually want to survive of your stupidity. 

Also, what the **** does "various eventualities" mean?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/america-votes/canada-prepping-for-various-eventualities-of-u-s-election-pm-trudeau-1.5138109

I'm sooooooooo angry right now, about all of this.  This country has been haunted by the petulant hatred of farmers and fools, and I am so *sick* of being mired in this crap ?.  It balked on its chance to end this once and for all--the Southern ideologies should've been crushed in Reconstruction, or Sherman should've finished burning them right out of existence in 1865.

What?? Prosecute Trump after he's lost? I've seen worms with more backbone than every Democrat in government combined!  It's their ineptitude and unwillingness to use their power to challenge Trump that we find ourselves in this situation to begin with! ?

It is *not* a foregone conclusion that Dur Orange Fuhrer will lose.  It's the same arrogance that cost them the election last time. 

15 hours ago, AYanker76 said:

What?? Prosecute Trump after he's lost? I've seen worms with more backbone than every Democrat in government combined!  It's their ineptitude and unwillingness to use their power to challenge Trump that we find ourselves in this situation to begin with! ?

I don't think they will charge him. It would be just too divisive. What they might do is gather the evidence and then go to Trump and basically tell him they'll forego any charges as long as he keeps his fat face shut and doesn't go around the country on speaking tours screaming about how the election was fake and spouting conspiracy crap. Apparently Trump et famille are planning to create some sort of Trump 'media company' if he loses so he can continue to build up his cult. I think they should be told if they don't shut up and sink back into the background they'll all find themselves wearing orange jumpsuits.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:57 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Slavery was not totally banned in the British Empire...there were still colonies that could not survive economically without it.

Even before the U.S. Civil War, the Americans put the European imperialists (Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, etc.) on notice that the age of colonialism in the Americas was over and there was a new sheriff in town (Monroe Doctrine).   

1812 showed what a lie that was. Even your reference to the 'new sheriff in town'  gives the game way. The Yanks encountered resistance north of the border because everyone could see what they had already become, a dangerous nation. 

7 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

1812 showed what a lie that was. Even your reference to the 'new sheriff in town'  gives the game way. The Yanks encountered resistance north of the border because everyone could see what they had already become, a dangerous nation. 

Yes..it was resistance from the British Empire and imperialists...Canada was still a colony.

On 11/3/2020 at 1:02 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes..it was resistance from the British Empire and imperialists...Canada was still a colony.

And the US was going to 'liberate' BNA? People from all three traditions North of the border could already see what a crock that was.

The Civil War stopped the relentless expansion of the US across North America and may well have saved Canada. 

14 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The Civil War stopped the relentless expansion of the US across North America and may well have saved Canada. 

Well, the "relentless expansion" impacting BNA was pretty much complete because of the Oregon Treaty with Great Britian and the 49th parallel (1846), settled without a war.   Mexico wasn't so lucky and would lose the southwest and California through war.

Seward's purchase of Alaska for $7 million in 1867 followed the Civil War and continued more expansion outside of Britian's control and BNA. 

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, the "relentless expansion" impacting BNA was pretty much complete because of the Oregon Treaty with Great Britian and the 49th parallel (1846), settled without a war.   Mexico wasn't so lucky and would lose the southwest and California through war.

Seward's purchase of Alaska for $7 million in 1867 followed the Civil War and continued more expansion outside of Britian's control and BNA. 

The Russians were keen to flog Alaska to anyone but the Brits. That’s different from an invasion. We can’t know what would have happened but looking at America’s constant expansion before the Civil War it’s reasonable to assume more pretexts for war with neighbouring countries would have been found. 

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The Russians were keen to flog Alaska to anyone but the Brits. That’s different from an invasion. We can’t know what would have happened but looking at America’s constant expansion before the Civil War it’s reasonable to assume more pretexts for war with neighbouring countries would have been found. 

It's not as if Canada was not in westward expansion mode as well, acquiring Rupert's Land from the Hudson Bay Company in 1869 for $1.5 million.   Much of British Columbia remains unceded territory (no treaty) to this day.

14 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's not as if Canada was not in westward expansion mode as well, acquiring Rupert's Land from the Hudson Bay Company in 1869 for $1.5 million.   Much of British Columbia remains unceded territory (no treaty) to this day.

I’m not defending Canada’s treatment of indigenous nations.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2020 at 3:31 PM, Argus said:

I don't think they will charge him. It would be just too divisive. What they might do is gather the evidence and then go to Trump and basically tell him they'll forego any charges as long as he keeps his fat face shut and doesn't go around the country on speaking tours screaming about how the election was fake and spouting conspiracy crap. Apparently Trump et famille are planning to create some sort of Trump 'media company' if he loses so he can continue to build up his cult. I think they should be told if they don't shut up and sink back into the background they'll all find themselves wearing orange jumpsuits.

Fascism suits you well I see.  Hey private citizens, sink into the background or face retribution from the state!  They won’t charge him with a goddamn thing because there’s nothing to charge him with.  I was hoping that with the election over, so would your Trump derangement syndrome.

18 hours ago, Shady said:

Fascism suits you well I see.  Hey private citizens, sink into the background or face retribution from the state!  They won’t charge him with a goddamn thing because there’s nothing to charge him with.  I was hoping that with the election over, so would your Trump derangement syndrome.

Your devotion to the Trump cult seems to have grown even more fanatic since he lost. I imagine you literally frothing at the mouth now as you pound at the keys in rage.

• 4 weeks later...