The Limits of Hate and the Post-Modern Gamble

I'm not sure it would be something that could be instigated by approaching the people in power, you can't ask someone to put out a fire if their hands are already burnt.

• There would need to be a grass-roots movement, motivated by detailed instances of corruption and moderated by studies rooted in cause and effect.
  • Recommendations can then be collected and prioritized after a formal public and impartial investigation of common practices.
  • The various political parties can then run for future elections choosing to adopt any number of those recommendations as part of their platforms - any party(s) that tries to block this process of reform will brand themselves as potentially too corrupt to be trustworthy.

I am not suggesting that this is a complete formula by any means but as this is a discussion board I open these points up for debate.

16 minutes ago, Heelaque said:

I'm not sure it would be something that could be instigated by approaching the people in power, you can't ask someone to put out a fire if their hands are already burnt.

• There would need to be a grass-roots movement, motivated by detailed instances of corruption and moderated by studies rooted in cause and effect.
  • Recommendations can then be collected and prioritized after a formal public and impartial investigation of common practices.
  • The various political parties can then run for future elections choosing to adopt any number of those recommendations as part of their platforms - any party(s) that tries to block this process of reform will brand themselves as potentially too corrupt to be trustworthy.

I am not suggesting that this is a complete formula by any means but as this is a discussion board I open these points up for debate.

Ah ok.  Well, your suggestions are pragmatic I suppose but I was looking for something like a blockbuster... 

It may come to pass that the new ways will be spontaneously rejected and trends reverse.  But I don't see why.

The process of political reform is rarely framed as a spectacle, I’ll grant you that,  however the validity of a system-change can not be measured by its entertainment value alone.

Your anticipation that any attempt to change this system to then be rejected by the very elements it’s intends to change is fairly obvious, resistance would be expected but not impossible to overcome.

As far as “trends reversing” you would tackle complacency with consistency. The political establishment could assist with that in so much as it would continue to commit acts of corruption reminding citizens of the need for more transparency, closing the loop.

Edited by Heelaque
  • Like 1