Why do Canadians feel the need to get involved in US politics?

Same with the Europeans too? And not just politics but everything about the US, why? I thought the vast majority of Canadians and Europeans hated them? Why get involved with people you hate? Don't you see that you are only hurting yourselves? It only causes anger, hate and stress.

From what I've read, it is because the US is Canada's neighbor and main trading partner.... why not find other trading partners? There are like 190 countries out there. Canadians also complain about American arrogance, hypocrisy, ignorance, stupidity and all that, again, why let them in? Why listen to them? 

For the same reason Americans feel the need to get involved in European politics I expect.

The millions of words printed trying to re-define the Tommy Robinson (not his real name) case are a prime example.

The migrant crisis of 2015 is another.

The American president's backing of one side in the Brexit referendum is another.

5 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

For the same reason Americans feel the need to get involved in European politics I expect.

Then don't listen to them? Cut them off. Sever ties with them.

5 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

The American president's backing of one side in the Brexit referendum is another.

You do realize that the American president has no say on European matters right?

You're not going to answer back are you?

Edited by Mrnowiser

Some Canadians want a piece of the action in U.S. politics...directly or indirectly.

Here is a related CBC News story from today:

Can Canadians help dump Trump, or beat Biden? What U.S. campaign laws say

Canadians are flooding a foreign chapter of the Democratic Party with offers to help it defeat Donald Trump in this fall's U.S. presidential election.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-campaign-law-1.5649705

2 hours ago, Mrnowiser said:

Same with the Europeans too? And not just politics but everything about the US, why? I thought the vast majority of Canadians and Europeans hated them? Why get involved with people you hate? Don't you see that you are only hurting yourselves? It only causes anger, hate and stress.

From what I've read, it is because the US is Canada's neighbor and main trading partner.... why not find other trading partners? There are like 190 countries out there. Canadians also complain about American arrogance, hypocrisy, ignorance, stupidity and all that, again, why let them in? Why listen to them? 

Because......the USA is the most influential mover and shaker of the world.  

What happens in the USA tends to get adapted in other countries.  Most recent examples would be the protests we see over police brutality, and how the government tries to deal with it.   Now, it's all over the world.

Edited by betsy

Thank you. Now I have 3 questions, if Europeans and Canadians are angry:

1.) Why haven't they severed all ties with the US?

2.) Why haven't they worked together to overthrow Trump?

3.) Why haven't they declared war on the US?

Who should declare war on the USA?   For what?  Why?

I don't think anger is enough reason to declare war - especially when we're talking about allies, and countries that share the same values.  Squabbles happen, even among families - they don't kill each other.

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

Who should declare war on the USA?   For what?  Why?

I don't think anger is enough reason to declare war - especially when we're talking about allies, and countries that share the same values.  Squabbles happen, even among families - they don't kill each other.

European nations and Canada.... in fact the entire world. For what? Invasions, bombings, murdering millions of innocent people and imperialism?

5 minutes ago, Mrnowiser said:

Then find better mover and shaker? And no it doesn't.

Yes the  do.  Lol, how many things are copied just because of Hollywood movies alone!   Like, you see gangsta people all over the world - copycatting gangsta they see in the movies.  look how teens are dressed all over the world!

Just now, betsy said:

Yes the  do.  Lol, how many things are copied just because of Hollywood movies alone!   Like, you see gangsta people all over the world - copycatting gangsta they see in the movies.  look how teens are dressed all over the world!

That could be anything. Please don't tell me your just like the rest of Canadians and Europeans? Big on words, low on action?

7 minutes ago, Mrnowiser said:

European nations and Canada.... in fact the entire world. For what? Invasions, bombings, murdering millions of innocent people and imperialism?

Well - that's the way of the world.   If not the USA, it'll be another big power.  It might even be countries like China, japan, Iran, Russia.

Meh......I'm glad and thankful it's the USA!  Surely i don't want a hellhole.

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, Mrnowiser said:

That could be anything. Please don't tell me your just like the rest of Canadians and Europeans? Big on words, low on action?

I love the USA. Personally.....I owe a lot to the USA.   So, there.

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

Well - that's the way of the world.   If bot the USA, it'll be another bog power.  It might even be countries like China, japan, Iran, Russia.

Your fellow Europeans and Canadians actually want China to take over the US. Their reason is that at least China builds up nations, unlike the US.

Just now, Mrnowiser said:

But it will only make you angry.

America is still important to the world. 

Their inability to handle a pandemic is important. Their leader is lying to people about the seriousness of this disease it's informative to know about this. 

I would argue that seeing what's happening in the US has increased the resolve of most Canadians to not let that happen here. In that sense, it's a net positive. 

Many Canadians and Europeans agree that America is going to collapse soon.

Collapse is subjective. 

There's still a lot of money there. But their influence seems to continue to diminish. And it seems, that's by design, in Trump's America. 

Aren't you suppose be happy about that? No more Yankee imperialism?

That's not something to be happy or unhappy about. 

The truth about America is that they devote so much money to the Military that they have this default role as leader of the world. Other countries are happy to let them do this because spending that much on Military is unpopular and the funds are much better spent on things like Universal Healthcare.

The irony is that Trump removes the US from its role as the World's police. Withdrawing form Syria, Afghanistan, Germany etc. But the funding for the Military will always stay the same. He'll also threaten to remove support from traditional Allies in NATO but cozy up to Russia. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

That's not something to be happy or unhappy about. 

Yeah it is! NO MORE YANKEE IMPERIALISM.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

The irony is that Trump removes the US from its role as the World's police. Withdrawing form Syria, Afghanistan, Germany etc. But the funding for the Military will always stay the same. He'll also threaten to remove support from traditional Allies in NATO but cozy up to Russia.

Nobody cares what they do. Let's focus on Canada and the rest of the world.

3 hours ago, Mrnowiser said:

It gives them a sense of superiority.  It's pseudo-superiority, but it still makes them feel good.  It stems from a deep feeling of inadequacy.  They tend to not get involved much in any other countries politics or goings on.  They don't have the same sense of inferiority as they do with the United States, for whatever reason.