Are we taking this systemic racism to far already...

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And... A bunch of middle-aged white guys posting to each other, agreeing that there's no racism is about the best description of the relevance of this forum btw.

That sounds more like you. Add in this Senior, pinkish-grey-green  man who thinks the word "systemic" is meaningless and that every human is an ist or ism in one degree or another but the way Singh uses it trivializes it and makes it absolutely meaningless and moronic.  If he can not find any other issues to concern himself with its time he run along. He is so elitist out of touch this is about the only issue he can run with. It requires only a few syllables of posed outrage. If he had to discuss the economy it might cause his limited pee-brain to misfire.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rue said:

If he had to discuss the economy it might cause his limited pee-brain to misfire.

The problem with identity politics, or maybe one problem, is it's 100% rhetoric.  But economic issues aren't as easy to discuss.

Basically everyone knows racism is a thing, that it's a bad thing, and that we have inherited a problem that we need to work on.

Like patriotism, there are no points to be lost blah blah blahing about it, only time.

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And... A bunch of middle-aged white guys posting to each other, agreeing that there's no racism is about the best description of the relevance of this forum btw.

You need to read more carefully.  Nobody is saying that racism doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The problem with identity politics, or maybe one problem, is it's 100% rhetoric.  But economic issues aren't as easy to discuss.

Basically everyone knows racism is a thing, that it's a bad thing, and that we have inherited a problem that we need to work on.

Racism is less of a problem now, at least in the west, than at any point in history. Same could be said for sexism and homophobia. But the media and  the rest of the woke brigade act like things have never been worse. Was a breathless, front page story in the Post today, copied from the Washington Post, so you know it was big!

It seems a 12 year old sent a racist message to an English football player no one in North America has ever heard of. Something along the lines of "You better not score tonight you black expletive!" Thankfully, he was promptly arrested.

The media scans the world for any sign of white on black racism and then, sobbing in horror, they foist it on us all so we can all be similarly outraged.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Argus said:

1. Racism is less of a problem now, at least in the west, than at any point in history. Same could be said for sexism and homophobia. But the media and  the rest of the woke brigade act like things have never been worse.

2. Thankfully, he was promptly arrested.

3. The media scans the world for any sign of white on black racism and then, sobbing in horror, they foist it on us all so we can all be similarly outraged.

1. 3. Yes, the media provides angertainment, which doesn't serve the true information needs of the public.

2. Well that's just silly. 

23 hours ago, cougar said:

So he believes he has been discriminated against in the past?

Well, he is right.  I discriminate against Hindu's based on past negative experience with each and every one I have had any business dealings with.

But then you have government sanctions against other nations for just the same reason.   So if a government is Kocher with issuing sanctions against a whole country, or an Ebay seller is allowed to ban shipments to countries of choice, I too have a right on a personal lever to select people I want t o do business with, or elect to represent me!

I've said it before and will say it again , multiculturalism does not work for so many different reasons.

This is really ignorant on many levels.

1) Singh is a Sikh, not a Hindu.It wouldn't make any sense for Singh to be a Khalistani separatist if his religion was the majority religion in the country. 

2) I live in Surrey, we probably have more Indo-Canadians per capita here than anywhere else in Canada and we do a lot of business with that community. They're just average imo. 

3) Indians in Canada are primarily Sikh, Hindu, or Muslim but some are Christians here from Christian families back in India. I know a few families that are blended Skih/Hindu families but not many. Most of them here are Sikhs. 

I don't think that you have your finger on the pulse of Multiculturalism's issues. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

There is racism.  But saying a non-white person would have been treated differently in the Rideau Hall incident is stupid.  It's race-baiting BS.  I mean, maybe he would have been, but making a truth claim that he would have been is stupid.

The guy was charged with 22 offenses.

The white guy that was shot dead in Vcr only had a bicycle chain and he was surrounded by a lot of cops. It was by far the worst police shooting in the last 50 years in this country. 

The Fallacy of White Privilege

Last month, I retweeted a comment by a contrarian writer who questioned whether racism was to blame for the spread of the coronavirus, and a close (white) friend responded to me with a well-meaning text: “I feel it is my calling to help end the oppression people of color like you face in our society,” he wrote. “I understand I have white privilege. And that has consequences.”
His message left me feeling bewildered. What “oppression” had I actually faced? And what “privilege” had society conferred upon my friend because of his white skin?

One could argue the successful stories of my family, Cuban Americans and Japanese Americans are cherry-picked cases. But whites are far from being the most dominantly successful group in Western society. A wealth of data collected in a longform Quillette analysis, shows overwhelming white underachievement relative to several minority groups among health outcomes, educational achievement, incarceration rates and economic success.

On the whole, whatever ‘systemic racism’ exists appears to be incredibly ineffectual, or even nonexistent, given the multitude of groups who consistently eclipse whites.

According to median household income statistics from the US Census Bureau, several minority groups substantially out-earn whites. These groups include Pakistani Americans, Lebanese Americans, South African Americans, Filipino Americans, Sri Lankan Americans and Iranian Americans (in addition to several others). Indians, the group I belong to, are the highest-earning ethnic group the census keeps track of, with almost double the household median income of whites. In Canada, several minority groups also significantly out-earn whites, including South Asian Canadians, Arab Canadians and Japanese Canadians.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/11/the-fallacy-of-white-privilege-and-how-its-corroding-society/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&utm_source=reddit.com

22 hours ago, Argus said:

The Fallacy of White Privilege

Last month, I retweeted a comment by a contrarian writer who questioned whether racism was to blame for the spread of the coronavirus, and a close (white) friend responded to me with a well-meaning text: “I feel it is my calling to help end the oppression people of color like you face in our society,” he wrote. “I understand I have white privilege. And that has consequences.”
His message left me feeling bewildered. What “oppression” had I actually faced? And what “privilege” had society conferred upon my friend because of his white skin?

One could argue the successful stories of my family, Cuban Americans and Japanese Americans are cherry-picked cases. But whites are far from being the most dominantly successful group in Western society. A wealth of data collected in a longform Quillette analysis, shows overwhelming white underachievement relative to several minority groups among health outcomes, educational achievement, incarceration rates and economic success.

On the whole, whatever ‘systemic racism’ exists appears to be incredibly ineffectual, or even nonexistent, given the multitude of groups who consistently eclipse whites.

According to median household income statistics from the US Census Bureau, several minority groups substantially out-earn whites. These groups include Pakistani Americans, Lebanese Americans, South African Americans, Filipino Americans, Sri Lankan Americans and Iranian Americans (in addition to several others). Indians, the group I belong to, are the highest-earning ethnic group the census keeps track of, with almost double the household median income of whites. In Canada, several minority groups also significantly out-earn whites, including South Asian Canadians, Arab Canadians and Japanese Canadians.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/11/the-fallacy-of-white-privilege-and-how-its-corroding-society/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&utm_source=reddit.com

I DEMAND EQUALITY! EVERYONE ON THAT LIST SHOULD HAVE TO GIVE ME SOME OF THEIR MONEY! EVERYONE IS SYSTEMICALLY RACIST TOWARDS ME, SO I NEED REPARATIONS! 

Honestly, is that everyone but blacks on that list? Lmao.

Side note: today Spencer Fernando was mentioning that anti-Semitism is still the leading hate crime in Canada. [don't tell Rue, I don't want to have to pay him any reparations] I personally don't know any white people who pay any attention to Jews, and I wouldn't say that the majority of participants at anti-Jew hate rallies (sanctioned by the Liberal government) would be characterized as 'white'.

Edited by WestCanMan

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2020 at 8:59 AM, Army Guy said:

Originally, I thought all these protests were about 2 things, one black lives matter, and 2 , the excessive use of force ,plus the use of deadly force by police officers... but I guess not, this is now about the RCMP not shooting the white man during the attack on parliament .... because RCMP got this one right it , this incident is now being used to display an example of racism to the rest of the country  .... And he is an elected official in our nations parliament, I wonder does he have a security detail  of RCMP, and what do they think about these accusations....Or am i making something out of nothing...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/rcmp-disappointed-by-talk-that-race-a-factor-in-quiet-rideau-hall-arrest/ar-BB16AREG?ocid=msedgntp

Trying to always blame old whitey for all the worlds problems and racism is just more leftist liberal bull chit. Why do the buffoons out there always listen to and believe this crap all the time? Our dear comrade leaders and the lying leftist liberal media always try to create more fear and panic in order to control and to try and keep people divided while they slide right up the middle. Convid 19, racism, climate change are all meant to create chaos, division and even hatred among the people. Those three mentioned are all just created problems by our dear leaders and the media. They should all be avoided. Racism hardly exists all that much in Canada. It's just that lying media machine that tries to make it appear as though racism is running rampant in Canada and sadly tens of thousands of fools out there will believe that lie. Incredible. ;)

On 7/14/2020 at 3:21 PM, WestCanMan said:

Side note: today Spencer Fernando was mentioning that anti-Semitism is still the leading hate crime in Canada. [don't tell Rue, I don't want to have to pay him any reparations] I personally don't know any white people who pay any attention to Jews, and I wouldn't say that the majority of participants at anti-Jew hate rallies (sanctioned by the Liberal government) would be characterized as 'white'.

Happy Al-Quds day.

Ben Shapiro makes some good points. At one time there was systemic racism. You knew it because you could point at the racist laws and regulations within the system then see the results in the public and on the streets. When you convince the weak minded institutional racism exists without offering evidence of its existence however you get a whole new kind of ugly. 

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Pretty sure it's not today. I was just trying to be clever because you mentioned anti-Jew hate rallies. And that's the big annual one. 

I think it's the last Friday of Ramadan or something like that. I know it's not Bombadan right now because the "religion of Peace" hasn't been making a joke of that term this week.

Not really anyway. I heard their organizations have been joining up with the Marxists for the BLM protests riots. And I saw a video on the Michael Knowles show where some sub-mob in the background was chanting "Death to America!" Pretty sure I saw a couple burka's too. They were brown. Not black bloc.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, Infidel Dog said:

Ben Shapiro makes some good points. At one time there was systemic racism. You knew it because you could point at the racist laws and regulations within the system then see the results in the public and on the streets. When you convince the weak minded institutional racism exists without offering evidence of its existence however you get a whole new kind of ugly. 

Only white people today are the object of racism. Every time some politician or the media says something that sounds like anti-white nonsense that is racism. Saying that white people are privileged is racist. Forcing white people to pay reparations to some whiny non-white group is racist. I see on American leftist lieberal TV all the time many black people always bitching about white privilege which is racist. Anytime someone says anything about or against white people that is racism. But ask most white people if they give a dam?

White people have lost their will to unite as a people like all other races seem to be doing. It's not hard to start to become a racist when I see myself always being attacked by whites and non-whites together just because my skin color is white. Saying the words "people of color" is racist because it means that white people are not included in the people of color nonsense. Canada is fast becoming more and more non-white every day and white people will eventually become a minority in our own white homeland.  I see it every time I go buy something in the many stores, and hospitals, and airports that I visit as examples. The overwhelming majority of workers are non-white. And I can guarantee that old whitey ain't going to like what will happen to them if they become a minority in their own white homeland. Again, the only racism that I am seeing today is against white people. Just my opinion of course. ;)

• 2 months later...

We are not taking systemic racism too far, obviously. Liberal government is dropping that as a priority.

Well, at least when it comes to systemic racism against native Canadians...

Chiefs call for resignation of Aboriginal affairs minister

Mi'gmaq and Wolastoqiyik chiefs in New Brunswick are calling for the resignation of Aboriginal Affairs Minister Arlene Dunn after she amended a house motion and removed the call for a public inquiry into systemic racism.

Mi'gmaq, Wolastoqey and other Indigenous communities have been calling for such an inquiry since the deaths of Chantel Moore and Rodney Levi at the hands of police this summer.

In a speech before proposing her amendment, Dunn said the government must be cautious about starting an inquiry without implementing already-made recommendations by other bodies.

"I would respectfully suggest that there are very good reasons to be cautious about pursuing the public-inquiry route without seriously considering why the numerous recommendations from a plethora of previous inquiries have never been implemented," she said. 

Translation: We can't have an inquiry because we didn't do anything about the other inquiries. Let's figure out why that is first.

Mr. Trudeau says nothing, silently nodding his approval.

White liberals are pleased with themselves.

In other news, this job advertisement for a position at York University is not racist.

https://www.kbrs.ca/Career/14210

Black-Identified Professorial stream appointment - Film Production
This opportunity is open to qualified individuals who self-identify as Black peoples of African Descent (for example Africans and African heritage people from the Caribbean, Americas, Europe). Recognizing the underrepresentation of Black faculty, this opportunity is to support the University’s Affirmative Action program and has been developed based on the special program provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code. The position is part of a cohort...

Its a cohort alright, whatever that means,

Mr. Trudeau could apply... in blackface.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:55 PM, Michael Hardner said:

The question wasn't if there was racism in Canada, but SYSTEMIC racism.  I guess when you consider the promotion of certain minorities as more privileged and "more equal" than the status quo, I suppose there really IS systemic racism.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:02 PM, cannuck said:

The question wasn't if there was racism in Canada, but SYSTEMIC racism.  I guess when you consider the promotion of certain minorities as more privileged and "more equal" than the status quo, I suppose there really IS systemic racism.

Have you noticed how many Black people are in and on the news lately? Not only more black reporters and anchors, but a lot more Black people being interviewed no matter what the subject is. The word has clearly gone out. If you need to interview a teacher, or an academic or a doctor or a parent or some other such person, try and get a minority, preferably someone Black. The woke media is squirming with guilt and shame over their white privilege and is trying to make up for it. Blacks make up 3% of the population but they're on TV way more than all other racial, religious and ethnic groups combined.

Kind of like how the media blows every racial incident involving a white person up to be a huge, national story. Some crazy woman attacked a Muslim woman in a hijab, hitting her with her shopping bag and shouting insults. NATIONAL NEWS! Front page of every major newspaper! Politician after politician expressing shock and dismay!

Guaranteed that if the person who attacked her was native or black it would never have even made the news. White racism is of national importance, even if perpetrated by some skanky person on a subway platform somewhere out west. Racism by Natives, Blacks, Asians, Arabs, Indians, that's not something the media wants any part of. Even though there's tons of it.

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The word has clearly gone out. If you need to interview a teacher, or an academic or a doctor or a parent or some other such person, try and get a minority, preferably someone Black. The woke media is squirming with guilt and shame over their white privilege and is trying to make up for it. Blacks make up 3% of the population but they're on TV way more than all other racial, religious and ethnic groups combined.

And here I thought i had moved to Barbados, or something. But in those progressive lands, they enforce WHITE affirmative action plans. Right?

They had to rescind the mask-wearing exemption in Oregon for people who are black. They found out that doing so, in the simplistic but well-intentioned view white liberals, actually made people resentful of Blacks and made racism even worse.

Maybe someone should tell these liberals the more they identify people as "Black", "White" even to the point of imposing different rules to bring their misguided views of equality, just increases the goddam divide! No duh!

31 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

They had to rescind the mask-wearing exemption in Oregon for people who are black. They found out that doing so, in the simplistic but well-intentioned view white liberals, actually made people resentful of Blacks and made racism even worse.

Maybe someone should tell these liberals the more they identify people as "Black", "White" even to the point of imposing different rules to bring their misguided views of equality, just increases the goddam divide! No duh!

Only a moron would exempt a given race from wearing masks. Oregon, of course, has lots of those, and a disturbing number find their way into government.

And yes, the goal of separating people into different identity tribes and pitting them against one another is well underway, and is certain to increase the amount of dislike between the groups.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Argus said:

Only a moron would exempt a given race from wearing masks. Oregon, of course, has lots of those, and a disturbing number find their way into government.

Yes, and had they voted Trump, he would have made it his mandate to eliminate this racist training that these same leftist morons enforce on their populations.

But no, they voted Biden...