WE Charity Scandal

I didn't hear the audio for that WE/Trudeau ad but  one look tells me it's truly nauseating. I don't think there is ANY other leader in the world as full of himself as our Justin Trudeau.

I don't hold much hope that the mainstream media will be digging into this scandal of the man that now signs their checks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

They get a third of the popular vote due to lack of competition and options in a first-past-the-post system. Not because they are an appealing option and certainly not because they have good policies.

CPC members account for 0.1% of the Canadian population. Membership in political parties in Canada is a lot lower than other democracies, such as the United States. Perhaps that is a good indication that the Canadian political parties are very out of line with the political views of the Canadian public compared to other democracies.

And by the same tokens, liberals got less votes, NDP got a lot less votes, bloc got a lot less, and Greens got almost none.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Boges said:

Sadly with the country distracted by COVID and the Opposition without a leader, this probably won't effect him too much. 

That's what I'm thinking too.

Why are the Cons saying they don't want to bring down the government over this?  What happens if indeed they find something really bad that would justify kicking him out?  Better not say anything.

Did I miss any press con from Jagmeet Singh?   Why is he so quiet over this?  he should say something!  The world doesn't revolve around and end with systemic racism, you know.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:12 AM, Boges said:

I'm shocked you guys haven't jumped all over this. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/pm-trudeau-s-mother-brother-and-wife-were-paid-to-speak-at-we-charity-events-1.5017697

The irony of getting paid that much, and giving that much taxpayer money (almost a billion) to promote volunteering is laughable. 

This is textbook corruption by the Trudeaus.

Sadly with the country distracted by COVID and the Opposition without a leader, this probably won't effect him too much. 

Come on I was peeing. Let me finish before I respond.

I can't do  both. Sheesh you demand immediate response. At my age? Just changing the diaper takes awhile.

Actually I was reading this Bogesy:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/justin-trudeau-drops-into-another-pitfall-of-his-own-making/ar-BB16BGQS

It does make you wonder. He's not stupid. Well I mean he is....but this show's you he is arrogant and petulant. Why be surprised. He is a spoiled rich boy. He thinks he is above the  laws of we ordinary shmos.

It repeats his constant pattern of thinking he is above the law of we mere toadstools.

Send Besty to visit Lord Justin of Trudeau and give him a good wack with her wooden spoon on his keester.

Edited by Rue

11 hours ago, August1991 said:

Has anyone asked about the CO2 emissions of these charity works?

======

Why does Margaret Trudeau have to fly around the world? 

Its not just from the travel. You ever head some of the speeches from WE. Full of talk very little in terms of actual work done. I like smaller charities that actually DO something like Unitarian Service Committee or if you are gonna be big then follow the model set by the  Salvation Army consistently spending the majority of its money on charitable exercises NOT employees and speeches of them.

I support good charities. I am uncomfortable when government favours certain ones as Trudeau has in such a blatant patronage manner.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Argus said:

WE producing election style ads for Justin Trudeau

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1281713439640096775?s=20

The media’s 24/7 protection of this jackass makes him feel like he can get away anything. 

We is a multi-layered scandal upon a scandal upon a scandal and he just thought it is normal to dupe Canadian taxpayers like this. “CBC & CTV will have my back.”

6 hours ago, betsy said:

Why are the Cons saying they don't want to bring down the government over this?  What happens if indeed they find something really bad that would justify kicking him out?  Better not say anything.

Well, the last poll I saw, from yesterday, I think, suggested the Liberals would get 188 seats if an election were held today, to the Tories 99.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rue said:

Its not just from the travel. You ever head some of the speeches from WE. Full of talk very little in terms of actual work done. I like smaller charities that actually DO something like Unitarian Service Committee or if you are gonna be big then follow the model set by the  Salvation Army consistently spending the majority of its money on charitable exercises NOT employees and speeches of them.

I support good charities. I am uncomfortable when government favours certain ones as Trudeau has in such a blatant patronage manner.

A couple more good charities are the Children's Hospital and Ronald MacDonald House.

I know it sounds corny pimping a MacDonald's charity, they should just fund the thing themselves instead of asking for public money if they're going to slap their name on it, but I know a few people who have used it quite a bit and it provides help in such a meaningful way that it is a really big deal imo.

When out-of-towners have kids who require frequent care, staying in hotels so that they can be with their kids is a hefty & cruel expense that could even prevent them from getting full & proper treatment if they can't afford it. The help that those facilities provide to people in the most stressful times of their lives can't be overstated. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

They went bat sh.t crazy over that demanding her resignation,  including trudea.

Do you think you could find a video of Trudeau pontificating about OJ-Gate, and demanding a resignation? That would be pretty hilarious right about now. 

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Well, the last poll I saw, from yesterday, I think, suggested the Liberals would get 188 seats if an election were held today, to the Tories 99.

I think that Dr Lewis will beat Trudeau like a rented mule. She just has to win the leadership race first. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I think that Dr Lewis will beat Trudeau like a rented mule. She just has to win the leadership race first. 

That is not going to happen. McKay is all-but a shoe-in, just based on how he's acting. I.e., he's really not trying hard at all. I get multiple emails a day from her, Sloan and O'Toole, but very little from McKay, and he turned down a recent effort at having a debate with the others. I doubt Lewis and Sloan will garner more than 10% between them.

Edited by Argus
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you think you could find a video of Trudeau pontificating about OJ-Gate, and demanding a resignation? That would be pretty hilarious right about now. 

There's a Tweet....  but I can't copy.paste on a tablet here. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 6:12 AM, Boges said:

The irony of getting paid that much, and giving that much taxpayer money (almost a billion) to promote volunteering is laughable.

Volunteers have no business providing free labour to a society filled with so much resentment for people getting free stuff.

You've never heard the saying Liberals help themselves while Conservatives help their friends?

I learned that way back when I was a greenhorn deckhand but didn't really come to appreciate it until I bought a boat and started running my own company.

It's been this way forever near as I can tell.

On 7/10/2020 at 6:30 AM, Moonlight Graham said:

Anyone who takes a payment from a charity just to speak at an event is a true piece of turd.

As is any economy that takes free labour for granted while compelling people to justify their need for 'free' money.

On 7/10/2020 at 6:12 AM, Boges said:

I'm shocked you guys haven't jumped all over this. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/pm-trudeau-s-mother-brother-and-wife-were-paid-to-speak-at-we-charity-events-1.5017697

Teflon Don Trudeau will never pay for his crimes against we the Canadian people. The leftist liberal Canadian media will cover his ass always. And who knows what will happen in the next federal election. Will the same buffoons who put him back in power at the last election do the same thing again? I bet you that they will. They must hate Canada. 

On 7/11/2020 at 12:30 PM, Argus said:

Part of this is a "pandemic bounce" that all leaders get during major emergencies, no matter how otherwise egregiously terrible a leader they are.

I was listening to the radio today while driving, this is basically what they said about Trudeau's We scandal:

"Trudeau is addressing the We Charity incident head on" and then they played Trudeau saying words to the effect that 'he wasn't aware of how much money his family had made in speaking engagements with We and that it was a mistake for him to not recuse himself from the decision-making process.'

That's going to be the official narrative for a while, then we'll hear crickets about it.

40 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Right now he's saying "sorry for not letting someone else make the decision" and the media is moving on to more important topics. 

Of course,  but really, what was the point of the whole thing anyway, except to spread mega bucks to all corners of Liberal la la land.

Some good points here…  

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/who-makes-the-decisions-in-justin-trudeaus-ottawa/

Recruiting a secretive and litigious charity to disburse hundreds of millions of dollars in a novel program of untested design was a terrible idea whether or not Trudeau was there. And unless we understand how it happened, we can’t be sure such things won’t happen again. Indeed, it’s prudent to suppose they will.

• Thanks 1