If President Trump is re-elected

11 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I have been focusing on the election in November and I haven't given much thought what happens if President Trump is re-elected. He would be freed up from any constraints of the next election. What would his second term produce?

More  federal judges!   He's appointed many but I think he'll really redouble his effort being this would be his last term.

List of federal judges appointed by Donald Trump

This is a comprehensive list of all Article III and Article IV United States federal judges appointed by President Donald Trump during his presidency, as well as a partial list of Article I federal judicial appointments, excluding appointments to the District of Columbia judiciary.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Donald_Trump

There's growing speculation that there could be two vacancies in the Supreme Court:  Ginsburg and Thomas.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

That was my first thought as well. I also have to wonder if he might step back from his base and plan a course correction. While he won't have re-election concerns, many Presidents use their second term to establish a favourable legacy. I won't be putting money on it though.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:15 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

That was my first thought as well. I also have to wonder if he might step back from his base and plan a course correction. 

:D  Yeah right.

I wouldn't go so far as to claim a deliberate plan on his part, but I think his natural inclination is to remove as many hindrances as possible to having complete power, including removing anyone or any institution that might question or criticize him.  Not so much because he wants to destroy American democracy, but because he doesn't really understand the impact of his actions, he just thinks the President is entitled to do whatever he wants without criticism or limitation.

I could be wrong, of course: maybe he's more of a thinker and planner than I give him credit for.   I think it's his supporters within the Republican party who aren't too concerned about democracy and see him as their opportunity to reduce or perhaps eliminate political and media opposition.  Kinda like letting a bull loose in a china shop, and rather than trying to corral him, just sit back and watch - perhaps with gentle nudges toward certain areas.

Edited by dialamah

On 7/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

I have been focusing on the election in November and I haven't given much thought what happens if President Trump is re-elected. He would be freed up from any constraints of the next election. What would his second term produce?

How have the constraints of this election changed him/ his behaviour? It would help to understand that.

It's normal to see a so-called leader posture themselves in some kind of light when there is an election, even if it's just a shallow or false pretense. With Donald Trump I do not see any pretense.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 3:29 AM, betsy said:

More  federal judges!   He's appointed many but I think he'll really redouble his effort being this would be his last term.

There's growing speculation that there could be two vacancies in the Supreme Court:  Ginsburg and Thomas.

If there was a Dem POTUS right now I'm pretty sure that Ginsburg would have stepped down by now. IMO the only reason that she stayed on was because Hillary was supposed to win.

The Democrats would keep on trying new tricks in attempts to remove Trump from office. 

Like all two-term Presidents he will lose heavily the mid-term elections and spend the latter half of his second term being very restricted as to what he can do governing by executive orders instead of laws.

15 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

OTOH, he may just let Vice President Pence run things while he plays golf and rakes in the cash. But I don't think he is one to delegate. He is a hands on man. 

That's okay.   I'm hoping Pence would be the next Pres after Trump.

11 hours ago, -TSS- said:

The Democrats would keep on trying new tricks in attempts to remove Trump from office. 

Like all two-term Presidents he will lose heavily the mid-term elections and spend the latter half of his second term being very restricted as to what he can do governing by executive orders instead of laws.

On the other hand, Trump isn't like any President we've seen.  He's more likely to push the limit as far as he can go - after all, he wouldn't be running for re-election.  It'll be his last opportunity to troll and grate on Dems' nerves, which he seems to enjoy.  He'll keep the Dems busy keeping up trying to restrict him! :lol:

Edited by betsy

On 7/8/2020 at 4:04 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

This will be a battle between Donald Trump and the deep state globalist elite. If Trump wins, it will be a better world to live in. Freedom and liberty will pop up everywhere in every country. But if the deep state globalists should win then it will be Armageddon as the bible calls it for the rest of the world. We have all seen what the deep state has been trying to do for the past three years in trying to get rid of Trump. They must not win. And this so called China virus will be seen as nothing compared to what those deep state globalist communists will do if they get Biden elected. What is going on today will only get worse. I can guarantee you that we will all pay for Trump's loss dearly.  Whether you like Trump or not, you better hope that Trump wins this election coming up. It will be do or die for freedom and liberty. Believe it or not. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2020 at 3:29 AM, betsy said:

It would appear as though conservative Justice Roberts is a bit wishy-washy on constitutional things. I do hope that old bag Zionist Ginsberg does pack it in. She only stayed in there to be a thorn in Trump's side. Hopefully, Trump will be able to put a few more conservatives on the Supreme Court. That would stop the democrats in their tracks for years to come. Aw, so sad indeed!!  

13 hours ago, betsy said:

On the other hand, Trump isn't like any President we've seen.  He's more likely to push the limit as far as he can go - after all, he wouldn't be running for re-election.  It'll be his last opportunity to troll and grate on Dems' nerves, which he seems to enjoy.  He'll keep the Dems busy keeping up trying to restrict him! :lol:

With Trump in control of the House and the Senate, it should be a wipe out for the pro globalist democrats. Let's hope that they all start running to China seeing as they love their China so much. Of course, there is no freedom of speech in China. What will they do then? Who gives a chit anyway. Let them eat cake. :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mrnowiser said:

Thank you. Now I have 3 questions, if Europeans and Canadians are angry:

1.) Why haven't they severed all ties with the US?

2.) Why haven't they worked together to overthrow Trump?

3.) Why haven't they declared war on the US?

I'll answer your questions in your topic.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:31 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Keeping the U.S. Senate is more important to the GOP than President Trump getting re-elected.   The Republicans actually gained two Senate seats after the 2018 mid-term elections.

And the GOP could lose seats in Colorado, Arizona, Iowa, Michigan, Maine. Even Lindsey Graham in South Carolina is potentially vulnerable. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 6:31 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Keeping the U.S. Senate is more important to the GOP than President Trump getting re-elected.   The Republicans actually gained two Senate seats after the 2018 mid-term elections.

I tend to agree. But as Americans say, I wouldn't sell Trump short.

====

Most Quebecers, almost without exception, think Trump is crazy, scary, a dictator. But then, they now say the same about Putin and Xi Jinping.

1. For many Quebecers (foreigners), it is strange/hypocritical that a US President would suddenly act in the sole interest of the people of the United States while these same foreigners expect the same of their own leaders.

2. Many foreigners don't understand how the US Constitution restricts what various governments can do.  

A couple million COVID deaths for sure.  Of course they could reach that by the time the post-election cloud of confusion and court cases over ballot counting issues is resolved.

Their system is so unremittingly primitive and unwieldy I'm surprised election officials haven't resorted to making Americans stick a finger in purple dye after they've voted.

1) more awesomeness 

2) 4 more years of Dem histrionics, hyperbole  deceit, and stupidity. 

1) Further escalation against China.

2) Bringing US troops home from Europe/ME.

3) Bringing more manufacturing to US.

4) More conservative judges appointed.

5) Democrats still not understanding why they lost. Blaming collusion/cheating/voter suppression or aliens.

6) Europeans: (se Democrats above)

• 1 month later...

If Trump won again the electoral college while losing the popular vote a real shit-storm would break out. He's not going to win though. The demented zombie will be voted in. 

The oath of office will be fun. There are too long sentences to be repeated for him to remember.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:35 PM, -TSS- said:

If Trump won again the electoral college while losing the popular vote a real shit-storm would break out. He's not going to win though. The demented zombie will be voted in. 

I agree that Trump is a huge longshot to win.

Not because of the electorate, but because of voter fraud.

Somehow the party that got caught cheating TWICE in the last election (in the DNC nomination process and by debate question rigging) managed to convince the majority of the country that they need to adopt the most easily-defrauded electoral system ever for the 2020 election. 

Mail-in voting isn't new, and the Dems must have perfected a way to game that system or they wouldn't be pushing it so hard.