Excessive Quoting?

betsy

I was given a warning for "excessive quoting."

I only quoted Army Guy's OP! 

I was responding to it in general - didn't want to break it down. 

IMO, my point:  the issue is past beyond all those issues that we normally care about. 

The issue ruling our world right now is what's explained in my response!  

Is that an offense now?  

Just for clarity - if I'm responding to it as a whole -

how would you trim the OP that I quoted, Charles?

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

And by the by, how about warnings for excessive font size diversity and colours?

Why, are these fonts and color  options I see on my  bar not meant for use?

Maybe, you ought to use shades? :lol:

Edited by betsy

Betsy, according to Greg and Charles these points do not mean anything, you can accumulate an unlimited amount with out any action taken against you. or so they say... Not sure why they bother issue them if they do not count or mean anything...

It depends in what mood Charles is in at the time, because there is no consistency to them at all, so when he gets a little crampy he hands a few out, it's his way of proving to the world he is alive and he has the shinny star ...."I am the law" see me roar....

• Like 1

If you want somebody to read your writing, then make it easy to read your writing. Forgive me but this should not need an explanation: excessive quoting makes reading threads unneccessarily cumbersome. Folks who are too lazy to trim their quotes are desplaying gross disrespect to their fellow members of the forum. Why is this not obvious? This is the umpteenth time that this feigned misunderstanding is brought up.

There is a huge wealth of shared knowledge in this forum. You are all free to write whatever you want here as long as you do your best to follow the forum rules and guidelines. They are not difficult. Do not abuse that freedom. Do not make anybody censor you. Other than being Canadian and maintaining order, there are no agendas here.

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Betsy, according to Greg and Charles these points do not mean anything, you can accumulate an unlimited amount with out any action taken against you. or so they say...

Correct. 

Not sure why they bother issue them if they do not count or mean anything...

It is just a default feature of the software. I am not sure why anybody is bothered.

It depends in what mood Charles is in at the time, because there is no consistency to them at all,

No. The intent of a poster matters when it comes to moderator intervention. Forgive me but what appears to you as an inconsistency is due to differences in intent of posters. If the intent is to sow disorder, then the intervention will be vastly different than if an innocent mistake is made.

so when he gets a little crampy he hands a few out, it's his way of proving to the world he is alive and he has the shinny star ...."I am the law" see me roar....

No. My intent is to maintain order.

• 3 weeks later...

Charles, why are you so anal about this so-called excessive quoting!  What's with you?

I got a warning of getting a suspension over quoting this much! 

3 hours ago, Mrnowiser said:

Same with the Europeans too? And not just politics but everything about the US, why? I thought the vast majority of Canadians and Europeans hated them? Why get involved with people you hate? Don't you see that you are only hurting yourselves? It only causes anger, hate and stress.

From what I've read, it is because the US is Canada's neighbor and main trading partner.... why not find other trading partners? There are like 190 countries out there. Canadians also complain about American arrogance, hypocrisy, ignorance, stupidity and all that, again, why let them in? Why listen to them? 

This is getting so ridiculously stupid!   If you're having a bad day - don't take it out on me!    OR, anyone!

My response covers all of his post!  His post is not long! 

You need a head-shake! You're getting yourself agitated over.......

4 LINES

Explain why I should trim that! 

Edited by betsy

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Admin
On 9/11/2020 at 8:02 AM, Charles Anthony said:

You can all quote as excessively as you want now.   The new forum software updates default automatically to condensing large quotes. 

It's sad we need a technological solution to address bad form/etiquette, but c'est la vie